March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone have Norton 360?

CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
Because since I did my last full system scan which was a day ago, (23hrs) today this morning I tried to launch Origin and it wouldn't open. I tried to uninstall it to reinstall it and it wouldn't work. After I came home from work it did uninstall but then I couldn't reinstall it from the origin website! I was getting origin error 14:7 I think? Anyways, I tried other apps which I should have done before and they are not working either! Does anyone know if it is Norton 360, how to allow my apps to work? I've also tried, settings-firewall-program control, but most of my apps aren't even showing up! This is really frustrating!

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    edited July 2022
    I have Norton 360 and don't have the issue. And do you mean to allow you to download the app, or to allow to just open it? Cuz I don't think by default Norton would disable apps tho especially if they are certified safe apps. 🤔

You could try to turn off all the Norton security settings first and then see if you can open those apps?
    https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v116457581
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I used to have Norton many years ago but stopped using it because it would wreck my system every time once I got notifications about license about to expire.
  • CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    It's the loud phase that's really tricking me up! The sim says you can influence me to be quiet and discipline me over loud actions but when I click on "parenting" I never see those options!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    CareyEve36 wrote: »
    It's the loud phase that's really tricking me up! The sim says you can influence me to be quiet and discipline me over loud actions but when I click on "parenting" I never see those options!

Wut???
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Presumably it protects your computer all year, except for five mischief days when viruses go wild.