Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leaked Gameplay Article

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2022
    "Crushes and rivalries" 👀👀👀
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    The way that these updates could get rid of some mods I have is great. But there are some I'll get instead, like the LGBTQ mod.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,804 Member
    There are so many things that I love in that article. The biggest thing I want right now is for all of this to be true.
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited July 2022
    Onverser wrote: »
    Really not a fan of sexuality being added.. One of my favorite things about this game has always been how sexuality isn't a thing. Sims can just flirt with anyone. No restrictions. No labels on it. None of the real life stuff. I hope at the very least they won't start giving pre-made sims sexualities, and downloaded sims from the gallery won't come with sexualities, so players can just ignore this if they don't want to use it.

Sorta. My understanding is sims start at 0, and then a flirty interaction w a female sim makes it so your sim has +1 women -1 men and vice versa. I like having sexuality in my games since I don't like that the default is basically one or the other.
    Post edited by Breazona on
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Wait, so if an NPC can now ask our sims out, I wonder what would happen if our sims are already dating someone? Would it create added drama and jealousy? This could be interesting.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Omg this sounds so amazing though😭😭😭
    Sounds like some things @LiELF really wanted too!

Omg!! Thank you so much for tagging me @Babykittyjade I had no idea about this information! Is it real?

This is really exciting stuff! Wants and Fears and Sexual Preferences! I've definitely been wanting these! I wonder if they will add attraction levels? I really hope this information is accurate!
    #Team Occult
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    This is going to make playing the sims in my siggy very interesting.
    I am already assigning aspirations.
    I can see Vaughn and Orlando competing to become Admired Icons.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Another leak...

At least today is the livestream, so we can get the confirmations.
    With no surprise effect.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    when is the update
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Oooh?! :open_mouth: I came to check the forums after seeing the instagram post that mentioned wants and fears. I think I'll have to watch the livestream anyway :joy:
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,804 Member
    when is the update

I haven't seen anything that gives a specific date. All I've seen was them saying it was coming alongside the pack. I'm expecting to hear a date during today's live stream though.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    when is the update

I haven't seen anything that gives a specific date. All I've seen was them saying it was coming alongside the pack. I'm expecting to hear a date during today's live stream though.

The update will probably be in the patch before the pack launches, probably on 26 July.
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    I can't imagine that sexual preferences are not optional. It does't matter much to me as I am a old boomer and most of my sims relations are hetero but a lot of people quite like the ability to spontaneously date whomever they want with their sims.
    Kinda funny how the article talks about acceptance when you are now more limited in who you can romance than before.

What I am impressed about are the negative consequences for not graduading. Please more of that as long as there are workarounds.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Darren wrote: »
    I can't imagine that sexual preferences are not optional. It does't matter much to me as I am a old boomer and most of my sims relations are hetero but a lot of people quite like the ability to spontaneously date whomever they want with their sims.
    Kinda funny how the article talks about acceptance when you are now more limited in who you can romance than before.

What I am impressed about are the negative consequences for not graduading. Please more of that as long as there are workarounds.

You can pick to be attracted to bi like we have now.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    I hope sims were not playing will ask our sims for a first kiss,propose engagement ,marriage etc
  • ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member
    What worries me mostly is that it looks like the school will be locked to Copperdale, and not a new lot trait that we can put anywhere:
    Teens will attend Copperdale High School, located in the new world of Copperdale

:(

Otherwise I think everything looks awesome! I expected one exciting base-game update apart from body hair, but two?? Christmas came early this year!
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yeah...as much as I am excited for the attractions being added, Id really like it if theyd also add a faithful trait, what I just cant stand is when even married sims just happily accept and take part in flirting with others no matter the gender...
    Romance festival is a huge nono for my sim couples cuz of that ..
    But anyways, sounds good, the update does.
    High School well....only 2 classes a day, wouldve loved that as a teen😅
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    edited July 2022

It doesn't mean we will have only homosexual and heterosexual sims. There certainly will be pan-/bisexuality, which is basically what all sims have now.
    I also hope asexuality will be possible.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I'm so excited for the attraction system! Also really want to know more about the teen specific aspirations.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    I happy about the new updates.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    So... 2 classes a day sounds good - that would be morning class, then lunch, then afternoon class presumably.

I am really hoping for classes that have things other than sitting at a desk.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2022
    Finally. After requesting preferences since 2012. Thanks Maxis, if it's true.

To put it simply gays can remain gay and straight can remain straight as it should be depending on player choice. No more worrying (I hope) that my plans for one of my Sims won't be hijacked by bisexual Sims who have other designs on my Sims' preferences. Actually, it's been a big deal for our Sims to change on a dime any time a Sim was flirty with our Sims and mess up the stories in our heads. Asexual would have been nice, too, since I had many Sims too busy with other things to be bothered with romance...leave them alone, lol, they are on an adventure of my own imagination. My Doctor Who characters come to mind.

Now if they would just add some teeth to the faithful trait.

Interesting more people are excited about base game updates than they are about the pack details (in this thread). :p

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    So... 2 classes a day sounds good - that would be morning class, then lunch, then afternoon class presumably.

As long as there are no homework for each class but instead one general homework for the next day like we have now.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Omg this sounds so amazing though😭😭😭
    Sounds like some things @LiELF really wanted too!

Omg!! Thank you so much for tagging me @Babykittyjade I had no idea about this information! Is it real?

This is really exciting stuff! Wants and Fears and Sexual Preferences! I've definitely been wanting these! I wonder if they will add attraction levels? I really hope this information is accurate!

Semi conformed! Lol seems pretty legit especially since it's an article posted too early by someone with early access.. But we will find out for sure today yay! 🥳🥳🥳
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member

As long as there are no homework for each class but instead one general homework for the next day like we have now.
    I wonder if they can sneakily do their homework during class...