Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leaked Gameplay Article

AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
A fellow Simmer in a Discord group of mine stumbled across this article (now cached as it was deleted) explaining the game as they had early access to the game. It answers some questions we have been wondering, read at your own risk of spoilers. <3

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:K7QeDatlJdoJ:https://www.cbr.com/sims-4-high-school-years-expansion-preview-ea/

Edit: Feel free to comment and speculate further, if you don’t want spoiled PLEASE do not read beyond this initial post 💕✨
ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Just finished reading myself and the base game update is looking to be AMAZING. I’m so impressed with how The Sims is handling this pack and the game in general. If they keep this up they might turn the game around.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I'm blown away with these features. This update is going to break a lot of mods though so beware.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    They should add an R&B radio station into the EP pre-patch list as one of those upcoming base game features
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The upcoming base game update might just be the best update the game will ever get.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Really not a fan of sexuality being added.. One of my favorite things about this game has always been how sexuality isn't a thing. Sims can just flirt with anyone. No restrictions. No labels on it. None of the real life stuff. I hope at the very least they won't start giving pre-made sims sexualities, and downloaded sims from the gallery won't come with sexualities, so players can just ignore this if they don't want to use it.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,658 Member
    edited July 2022
    Oh my lord, that is some update. I love that we're finally getting sexual and romantic preferences, and that they are properly separate points of attraction. That's a nuance I didn't think we'd get! Even though I didn't see it mentioned I'm still hoping for more body customization for transgender sims.

God, I hope all of this turns out to be true!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    The upcoming base game updates sounds very promising. I have seen that people have wished for these features for a long time. I hope that it will work as well as it sounds.

The pack sounds good too.
    Onverser wrote: »
    Really not a fan of sexuality being added.. One of my favorite things about this game has always been how sexuality isn't a thing. Sims can just flirt with anyone. No restrictions. No labels on it. None of the real life stuff. I hope at the very least they won't start giving pre-made sims sexualities, and downloaded sims from the gallery won't come with sexualities, so players can just ignore this if they don't want to use it.

I’m sure there will be a toggle of sorts.

edited July 2022
    Onverser wrote: »

I didn't get the impression it was any different than the pronouns. I take it this is going to be something you have to actively set on your own. That's how I read it anyway.
    edited July 2022
    logion wrote: »
    The upcoming base game updates sounds very promising. I have seen that people have wished for these features for a long time. I hope that it will work as well as it sounds.

The pack sounds good too.

I like that ditching class and sneaking out of the house come with consequences, even if temporary. It adds a little something to think about if you want to go down that road in your gameplay. Maybe I'm reading too much into it about the clubs and seeing what I want to see, but it reads to me like there may yet be a chance to create our own clubs within the pack gameplay and not rely on GT clubs. I'm probably wrong though.

I was right about being wrong, it only mentioned joining clubs. I thought it was too good to be true. I was too busy flipping out to read the sentence right.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    And sims will now ask yours out and dump them automously with the update.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Can't wait to see how wants and fears works and if it has any impact on the game play hopefully it's done right like Sims 2 and is not shallow it could be a game changer that breathes life into Sims 4. The Sims team need to keep it up this patch and expansion is exactly what this game needs, besides larger expansion worlds 12 lots is a joke but they won't seem to budge or listen to us about this.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    edited July 2022
    Wow, can’t wait to catch the livestream to see all of this with my own eyes!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    While high school will involve two classes a day (which will improve different skills), Sims have plenty of new options for socializing or approaching student life in their own way.

I'm really curious to see how this will work. Are they the same two classes every day? Or maybe two classes two days a week and two different classes on alternating days. How many classes are required to graduate.
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    Article wrote:
    Failing to graduate comes with its own consequences, from not being able to get certain jobs or not being able to go to university (for those with the Discover University expansion)

I won't believe this until I see what actually happens in the game. The Sims team is always full of great "ideas", but their execution of said ideas are usually handled poorly. It looks like this pack aims to add game play and I've no issue buying actual content at full price if it is flushed out, polished and not as shallow as a dried up spring.

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Oh gosh another leak!😅😅😅 who are these LEAKERS?!! oh well, going to read now 🥲
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Omg this sounds so amazing though😭😭😭
    Sounds like some things @LiELF really wanted too!
    edited July 2022
    I'm thinking also if sims can have sexuality and prefreces it can stop a lot of the random flirting and cheating they do lol. It really sounds like a lot of good stuff that will make sims feel even more individual!
    Also traits in this game are hard to come by, excited for any more traits they can offer us. The more we get the more mods I can eliminate!
    I can't wait for livestream tomorrow. I wish so bad I could see it live and participate in the chat 😔
    But I'll have to catch the replay.
    Oh gosh another leak!😅😅😅 who are these LEAKERS?!! oh well, going to read now 🥲

This one is less of a leak leak as it seems like they accidentally released their article too soon.

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Teen specific aspirations! That is just what I wanted. I hope one of them is in the knowledge category, but I 'm happy either way.

I look forward to the wants and fears being added to the base game. And a romance system!

I am very excited about the Livestream tomorrow! Hope I'm home in time to see it live.
    telemwill wrote: »
    Teen specific aspirations! That is just what I wanted. I hope one of them is in the knowledge category, but I 'm happy either way.

I look forward to the wants and fears being added to the base game. And a romance system!

I am very excited about the Livestream tomorrow! Hope I'm home in time to see it live.

Looks like Goal Oriented would be the one that would be.

telemwill wrote: »

Looks like Goal Oriented would be the one that would be.

I hope so!
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Very interesting. Over all, it looks very promising. I do have a few concerns, though.

1) Sexuality opt in/opt out. Like Onverser, I like having a world without labels. I'd assume it'd be opt in like pronouns, but I still just hope I don't have to fight it.

2) Autonomous break ups: how is the event coded? If it is a random chance when having a poor relationship bar, that makes sense and has a prompt/limit. If it is just a random phone call or popup in the ever possible event pool, it will get under my skin so fast. Having all my long term relationships smashed in the name of drama is not worth it.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Ooooh I like ALOT of what's happening here. And I cant help but wonder about the certain mods that already implement sexual preferences as a feature? Im already playing offline after the release, and I have a feeling that said mod is going to take awhile to fix lol.

Also more stuff I wanna talk about but under spoilers just in case!
    "Failing to graduate comes with its own consequences, from not being able to get certain jobs or not being able to go to university (for those with the Discover University expansion)"

NOW THIS is what I was hoping would happen with Discover University! I always wanted it so sims could not progress in certain jobs unless they had a degree in the field they had studied, so I was a little disappointed to see that the most a sim would get is increased raises abd career advancement! Now the possibility to not get certain jobs or go to university at all? This I like a heck of a lot. And Im more than certain that this is toggleable for those that want their sim to immediately jump into the doctor or astronaut field without formal education. Ive already got some mods for harder University acceptance, so depending how how this is done I might not need it anymore!
    I agree that autonomous break-ups could be annoying, even heartbreaking. I imagine that this could only come from unplayed Sims not in the same household, and might only happen if romance levels drop.