The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Off the grid writing skill / improve letter box

ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I think writing only in computer is very illogic. As long as we have paper and something to write then it is enough. We already have homework and personal journal so notebook wouldn't hard to make. Typesetter could use computer animator too.
I wish we could send letter and gift though letter box. I mean we already use they when we send song or new book for public so just normal letter wouldn't be hard. We already could donate knittable craft by it. We got postcard and fan gift though box in get in famous. Love letter is classic and handwriting one feel more romantic too.
Homework could do anywhere also digitalistic sketchpad. Notebook gonna be cute gameplay like you writing poem or something during travel
Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please

Comments

• Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    There is a notebook, but all you really do in it is add diary entries. But, yeah, I agree with this. We also need brooms for BTD for off the grid houses. How long are we going to wait for that? We now have ROM brooms, it shouldn't be that hard, either.
    Now, there is a mod, but it still requires a computer to start books, and it doesn't let you continue them- you have to finish them as immediately as you started them iirc. Not very practical.
  • userafwuserafw Posts: 34 Member
    I have never understood why, when they introduced the typewriter to the Sims, they did not also include a manual typewriter option. Those things were historically always off the grid and were around since the 1800s. What we got was a Selectric electric typewriter that somehow you could play video games on. I remember the actual things from my teen years: the only games you could play on those machines were word games you made up yourself. They also did not come with self correcting ink: that came later with electronic typewriters. Also, they need paper sketch pads, and most activity and skills objects should be off the grid. This stuff should be intuitive. Then again, most people here weren’t around in the 70s or 80s, or even 90s.
    I had a typewriter once from someone else, though. That is what we need in CL. I would also love more off the grid content for that pack. It already sort of looks old fashioned, it just needs more TLC to actually make it play that way.

Unless we're playing some Sci fi secret agent from Sixam that secretly has their whole computer system hidden in such a typewriter...
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I wonder how real-world publishers respond to unsolicited hand-written or typewritten manuscripts these days.
    I wonder how real-world publishers respond to unsolicited hand-written or typewritten manuscripts these days.

You can do it, take a photo of your written work and send it to the publisher to check it. Lots of pics required.
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member

As long as it is easy to read handwriting, clean and neat writing, it is easy to scan as pdf or word file. I always use my notebook as beta draft though
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I would love to have both an old-fashioned typewriter in the game, and the ability to write more than diary entries by hand. Both options would be perfect for historical play.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    It makes me wonder how the vampires wrote their tomes without a typewriter...
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    edited July 2022
    With a printing press, and blackletter movable type!

Edited to add: or with a pen, but despite their ancientness it seems volume 1 at least was mass-produced.
    Here's an idea for what they can do. Have the Sim purchase a special journal from the store, which is only for writing a single story in. The Sim begins to write it. When done, it becomes a readable book which you put in the mailbox. They already have animations for it. Maybe these special journals will come in a pack so you can make multiple ones.
    With a printing press, and blackletter movable type!

Edited to add: or with a pen, but despite their ancientness it seems volume 1 at least was mass-produced.

Now, let's add a printing press to the vampire realm.