Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Lot Traits

2...Next

Comments

• Mizuki_UkitakeMizuki_Ukitake Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm surprised nobody has made any of these as mods yet. I know LittleMsSam has a few custom lot traits, but I don't see anyone else making them.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited April 2018
    tomchan0 wrote: »
    Alien abduction lot trait, Please.

Yes! I think I mentioned that idea on a different thread somewhere--we got vampire lot traits, but Get To Work missed out. They should do an update. What's cool about an alien abduction trait is that you could finally get abductions on public lots, but only the ones you want. So, like, there could be one weird park where people get nabbed, something like that.

edit: I had a few more ideas on lot traits, lol.

gloomy and creepy traits. There's so many great spooky looking build stuff, it'd be nice to incorporate that. Gloomy might earn a possible sad moodlet from "melancholy surroundings" and creepy could either cause tension or make a sim energized, possibly based on the sims traits. I know there's hounted, but maybe we just want a spooky setting without the ghosts showing up?

carefree, which would add an every happy moodlet to offset any tension or embarrassment.

pet mating ground. I know breeding ground is a thing, but that's just to help multiple births. This would make pets in the mood to mate, and make strays mate autonomously.

okay, this ones kinda silly, but I thought it might be fun to have a lot trait that forces costumes, so everyone there would be dressed up in funny outfits. Actually, it'd be nice if we could set a dress code for any lot we want, like we do with restaurants, so you could stopsims showing up at a fancy country club in their regular casual clothes.

Anyway, that's what I've got so far!
    Post edited by FanPhoria on
  • cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    Lot traits are one of the best completely new ideas that TS4 has. I would love to see more of them!
    There's some great ideas here! I think my top picks for things I'd like added to the game would be:

"Toddler Friendly"--a place where both player & NPC parents could bring their toddlers. Would basically function like the dog & cat friendly lot traits.

"Alien Nexus"--a place that would attract aliens, both in sim form & in terms of a likelyhood for abductions. This could be a way to designate a public lot where abductions could happen (maybe even to NPCs??).

"Mermaid Grove"--a place that spawns & attracts mermaids, pretty straight forward

"Not Good Enough For Celebrities"--basically, no celebrities would ever go here. That means no spawning, that even if you're friends with them & invite them they will prefer not to come, & your own celebrity sims will go there if you tell them but will have some kind of unhappy moodlet the whole time.

Lots of good ideas out there really, but these would probably be the ones I want most, that feel kind of like basic necessities really.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2021
    Lot traits :
    • Corporation plaza : This neighborhood is evaded by Salaryperson, Business and Political sims.
    • Hospital nearby : Doctors and sick sims will visit the lot
    • Police Department nearby : Police officers will visit the neighborhood
    • Villain hangout : Evil, Criminal and Mean sims will visit the lot.

Lot challenges :
    • Expensive services
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Lot traits :
    • Corporation plaza : This neighborhood is evaded by Salaryperson, Business and Political sims.
    • Hospital nearby : Doctors and sick sims will visit the lot
    • Police Department nearby : Police officers will visit the neighborhood
    • Villain hangout : Evil, Criminal and Mean sims will visit the lot.

Lot challenges :
    • Expensive services

Expensive services challenge is a fantasic idea!
    another idea for a lot trait, tho not necessarily a new one--Spooky is already an option, which makes wandering ghosts show up, but if you have the Supernatural pack I think the lot trait should have some additional effects, maybe making a very low level of disturbances happen, or something like that. Or, if not, maybe adding a trait or challenge called something like "close to the beyond" which would do that, and also maybe have some effect on spirit table actions? Basically, it would be nice to be able to add some of the paranormal stuff effects to lots without making it a full haunted house, and that way some public lots (like the von haunt estate at windenburg, or other spooky-ish places) could have some low level activity if we wanted.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I want more lot challenges!

Alien abduction, Temperance's Manor (No object breaking or placing objects in front of you, more hard-core where she comes in more often and scatters creepy objects), abandoned (a combo of needs TLC and off the grid, spawns dirt more often, and has the potential for lots of random valuables to be found in little nooks and crannies), werewolf den (spawns werewolves often), good vibes (makes people less susceptible to mean or mischievous interactions), Reaper's house (Grim just hangs out here, as if he longs for your demise!- I know some like romancing him), flood plains (water gets in when it rains), psycho's lair (increases rocket science, logic, mischief, and athletics skill, and sometimes causes random hysteria).
    edited July 2022
    Lot Challenge :
    • Burglar : This neighborhood is often visited by burglars
    • Youth rebellion : YA/Teens often paint on the walls and kick the trashbin during the night

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I got one for Get To Work: Shopper Trap. This trait will lure more customers to the retail venue who has this trait.
    Love this one.

I would love more, but would also like the ability to have more traits on a lot also. Picking just 3 is hard when you are playing a family with a garden and who loves to paint ect. because you want good schools, home studio, and homey, but would like more for example. Would love to be able to choose 5 lot traits and have more too.

Also, has anyone used the lucky trait/pixie or whatever it's called. I thought I would find simoleons a bunch or valuables ect. , but it doesn't seem to do anything hardly??? Anyone else find this to be so?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Also, has anyone used the lucky trait/pixie or whatever it's called. I thought I would find simoleons a bunch or valuables ect. , but it doesn't seem to do anything hardly??? Anyone else find this to be so?

They find money every once in a while. Small amounts. You will see them bend down to pick it up. I have this trait on a mall lot and it's quite cute to see.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    davina1221 wrote: »

They find money every once in a while. Small amounts. You will see them bend down to pick it up. I have this trait on a mall lot and it's quite cute to see.

That would be awesome in a mall.
    Lot Challenge :
    • Burglar : This neighborhood is often visited by burglars
    • Youth rebellion : YA/Teens often paint on the walls and kick the trashbin during the night

Yes! Burglars!! And a classic KO to handle them, yes? Man, I wish they didn't change Bonehilda.
    Get To Work - Retail lot

Shoplifters Lot Challenge : Some customers will steal the products if no security system is installed or if no security agent is hired.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    New Lot Traits in Pets, something that makes pets happier or less happy, or gets you strays wandering onto your property.

Doggy depression is not a trait I'd realised I was missing!