Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

older generations unite!

Comments

• JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,138 Member
    I have been around sinse the sims 1.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I'm in my 60s. Been playing sims since the first iteration and played SimCity before that. Apart from a little competitive gaming between myself and my siblings, my early years (prior to 40) were spent traveling and living a carefree single life. Got married at 40 and found myself living in a new country with no friends and only a computer to keep me company while hubby was working. If it wasn't for The Sims I probably would have packed my bags and moved back to Australia much sooner than I did ;)
  • PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    I’m late thirties and have been playing on and off since the franchise began. Before that I was a sim city player!
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    So, in this thread we have ages ranging from 13 to a youthful 80. This game seem to have a unique appeal across demographics. That’s something to celebrate, sims team! How many other games can unite such a wide diversity of people? Don’t narrow your focus down unnecessarily, EA.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've left the Forum as I think I'm a bit too old for it but popped back to see the latest developments. I'm older that all of you so far and lost interest in playing the "game bit" but still enjoy building the houses. I've just deleted every Sim and house that Maxis made and starting afresh with my own, werewolves included. I'll be turning 80 soon, with brain ok but body creaking a bit! <3

Gee! Someone here actually older than I am (73). I still like doing all of it, but Sims needs to take its turn as it's only one of many interests and activities. Right now, taking a break from a paper am preparing for a university class. Real one, not Sims.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I'll be 67 in July. I love this game.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited July 2022
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've left the Forum as I think I'm a bit too old for it but popped back to see the latest developments. I'm older that all of you so far and lost interest in playing the "game bit" but still enjoy building the houses. I've just deleted every Sim and house that Maxis made and starting afresh with my own, werewolves included. I'll be turning 80 soon, with brain ok but body creaking a bit! <3

Gee! Someone here actually older than I am (73). I still like doing all of it, but Sims needs to take its turn as it's only one of many interests and activities. Right now, taking a break from a paper am preparing for a university class. Real one, not Sims.

Why should kids have all the fun?
    In fact I've made a couple of teenage werewolves who are currently having fun checking out the bar and the library. I still haven't got past the first stage yet of enjoying the buildings and scenery. Why Simmers these days want to be in such a hurry to do everything, beats me!
    My family are fixing up to celebrate my 80th but I'd rather ignore it! :#
  • BlueAquaStar14BlueAquaStar14 Posts: 58 Member
    I have been playing the Sims ever since I was a kid (I am now 30). My first game was the Sims Unleashed which I realized later I had to buy the base game so I went back to Wal-Mart with my mom and I got the Sims Deluxe. I loved it and never put it down.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    Early 40s here.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    Over 65, I have been playing since Sims 1 came out.
    I was going to age up my avatar, but Danny (DMA -Sims 2) always liked that one so I kept it.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Mid 30's, been playing since 2006. ^_^
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Late 50s. First game was "Pong", on an arcade machine at the local Walmart. At the time, I think the store's actual name was Wal-Mart. We were the first videogame generation, and I suspect that most of us are still playing in some manner. Or playing again, after too many years buried in various careers.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I will turn 70 in November.

Started the Sims from the beginning.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm in my very late 30s. I played Sim City and the first Sims game as a teenager, I didn't play any of the series again until the pandemic created a need for relaxing entertainment that I could enjoy at home.

My family has always enjoyed games, though. As far back as I can remember, my mom and dad played board games with my sister and me. My parents are now in their late 60s, and they still enjoy gaming, with friends or by themselves. My sister played TS2, and she and her family play games together, too. Both of us enjoy game nights with our families, and when we all get together, we bring several games to share.

I don't think either of my parents have played The Sims...but who knows? They prefer board games, but I know Dad plays some computer games, and I think he's persuaded Mom to join him at least a few times.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    Middle aged and been playing since Sims 1. I haven't lost enthusiasm for the game as I find more different ways to play it. Wow, it's so nice to find a positive thread about the game here!
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    I am in my late 20s but I feel about 72. Just keep simming :D
    Early 20s but I always say I'm in my 60s by blood since I had a type of leukemia of which the average age is 65 soo if blood age counts..
    Late 50's cancer survivor, but feel like I am in my 70s.
    Me too! Don't think I've ever shared it on the forums before but yeah, december will be 2 years in remission for me! Hope you're doing well with yours too!
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • crimsonnclover324crimsonnclover324 Posts: 73 Member
    FurAndYarn wrote: »
    I'm approaching 44 and I've been playing since Sims 1 and I have loved every version since. Each has its positives and negatives. I'm probably a bit of an oddball among OG simmers though, because 4 is my favorite.

I'm definitely from a family of gamers. At one point, we had every game made for the Atari. My dad would even pick up copies of games while on business trips overseas. (If only we would have known what that collection would be worth someday and hadn't sold it to make room for the next generations of consoles.) I also remember my mom and dad occasionally getting so into a game that they'd call in "sick" to keep playing... and that usually meant we also had a sick day from school and would get to play too.

I was the first in my family to buy a computer. It's crazy to think how big of a deal it was for me, especially when I see my son unable to comprehend a life without them. The Sims was actually the very first game I ever played on that computer.

Is it possible that we're related? I swear you just described my childhood and how I got into gaming. I loved family "sick" day!

I too, am approaching 44 (in about a month). But my first Sims computer game was SimCity. Funny enough, I still play it, just the later versions.

As for your forum name, is it possible that you also like to craft with yarn? :)

It is so great to see so many of us that don't fit their marketing mold come together and represent. I wonder how many there really are of us in comparison to EA's "ideal"?
    OriginID: crimsonclover324
    YachD4h.png
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »

Hi Gayle, glad to see you here! *we go way back
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »

Hi Gayle, glad to see you here! *we go way back

So good to see you too! And yes we do. 🧡

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    I am in my 40s...my username gives you that clue. I have been around since the original game. I currently only play TS3. There were times during the heyday of TS1 and TS2 that I would pull marathon sessions of play!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • AsitexAsitex Posts: 18 Member
    Just turned 40, I had been playing video games since the 80's :). Been playing Sims from the first game.
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    I am in my 40s but closer to 50 than 40. ;)
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• mscosmomscosmo Posts: 118 Member
    I'm 69 and I still play the Sims. Well, I really don't play, I build. It's a great way to keep my mind going and be creative.
  • trogametrogame Posts: 37 Member
    Hmm since we Gen X'ers are dominating -- teehee, have been playing the sims for decades, they need to feature us in their marketing too.
  • ShanaSPutnamShanaSPutnam Posts: 13 New Member
    I am almost 45 and have been playing since Sims 1. I have loved them all and owned most until now. I laid it down for a while but have started back during covid times. I have rediscovered my obsession and am trying to buy the packs etc that I haven't yet. I love creating the sims and lots most though.