Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Del Sol Valley - number of lots

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    12-20
    I think there should've been one more neighborhood. The reason being is as most have already stated, residential areas for low income or starter homes, medium income, and high income.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    BB0990BB0990 Posts: 28 Member
    12-20
    Honestly, it's not the worst for me it's better than Magnolia Promenade which i never use!
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Del Sol just never vibed with me. I actually do use premade content and nothing there was attractive or useful really. the lower neighborhood seemed like the kind of place you'd hear gunshots in the night and the mansion area was just huge poorly laid out houses. i like Judith Ward's house a bit.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited June 2021
    12-20
    When I look at this world it has like the most glaring "something is missing" vibe I've seen. Sure, some other worlds might be very small and I wished they were bigger but their design is still self-contained, finished. Del Sol Valley looks and feels half-finished, like there should have been one more neighborhood.
  • Options
    JasGabrielleJasGabrielle Posts: 17 Member
    12-20
    I just want some extra space for a few more starter homes and maybe a a few lots for retired celebrities who aren't that famous anymore. Some lots with the possibility of building above water like in Sulani (for creating piers and such) could have been nice as well.
  • Options
    SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    12-20
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    What do you think about my concept? I took your voices into consideration.

DSV.png

This is a smaller version of below concept which I found in the Internet (my personal dream):

6BtAu7J.png

Great idea! Wish we could edit worlds like in Sims 3!
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited July 2021

DSV.png

@Sthenastia I like your adaptation, however, I would leave that large lot in the valley. That is where I have my urban community farm Del Sol Valley Farm. It is a park lot and has several greenhouses with every thing from alien plants, herbalism plants to flowers, fruit trees, vegetables, etc. It also has a pool that looks like a natural spring and some versions have a fishing hole, others tents.

I definitely like your addition of beach lots. One of them should be a community lot tho. I was surprised a world based on Hollywood and LA didn't have Malibu or at least Muscle Beach, both of which are famous.

Honestly, from the Del Sol Valley map it looks like they were planning to add beach lots and then just canned it. Otherwise why have it on the map. I don't remember if they have fishing in that world. It is the ugliest and my least favorite world.

The actual world for reference
    delsolvalleymap.jpg
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    edited September 2021
    21-30
    I see that a HUGE amount od simmers wants to have a better Del Sol Valley (~7 000 likes)

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    12-20
    troshalom wrote: »

DSV.png

@Sthenastia I like your adaptation, however, I would leave that large lot in the valley. That is where I have my urban community farm Del Sol Valley Farm. It is a park lot and has several greenhouses with every thing from alien plants, herbalism plants to flowers, fruit trees, vegetables, etc. It also has a pool that looks like a natural spring and some versions have a fishing hole, others tents.

I definitely like your addition of beach lots. One of them should be a community lot tho. I was surprised a world based on Hollywood and LA didn't have Malibu or at least Muscle Beach, both of which are famous.

Honestly, from the Del Sol Valley map it looks like they were planning to add beach lots and then just canned it. Otherwise why have it on the map. I don't remember if they have fishing in that world. It is the ugliest and my least favorite world.

The actual world for reference
    delsolvalleymap.jpg
    I’m really surprised they didn’t have something similar to Muscle Beach. An outdoor gym with chin up bars and exercise bikes would have been a great addition. 🏋🏼🚴

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    12-20
    A few more residential lots would make Del sol Valley a fabulous world with many celebrities to live in.
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • Options
    21-30
    Everytime I open the game I see a lot of wasted potential:

DSV1.png

DSV2.png
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    11 - current size is ok
    I agree with all of the above.^^^ I loved the actress career, but I wished there was a better place for her to have lived besides with an alley in the back.

I picked size is okay with me because I figured the devs weren't going to do anything anyway. But I would love it if they chose GF for the next renovation, with a beach neighborhood...Malibu, hello??
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    12-20
    I think I've said this before, but while I would like them to improve the existing neighborhoods with the addition of at least one more lot each, I could at least buy that it might not be technically feasible. But simply adding an entirely new beach neighborhood, while it would be a bit of work, should be completely feasible. Normally I would say I'd rather see new content/new packs, but since we apparently aren't getting that anyway, at least for a long time, and since they've opened the door to pack refreshes, something like a new beach neighborhood would go a long way as a goodwill gesture, at least for my current frustration with the game.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    21-30
    11-28-21_5-35-13_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I am hoping for Twisted Mexi's CAW mod.
    I want to turn the Del Sol Valley hidden world into a usable neighborhood.
    I will also make an ocean front neighborhood based on the world as well.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    12-20
    I would love to see a few more lots. However, I think that the current lots need to be completely redone first.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    11 - current size is ok
    I’m not a builder and I have no use for more lots.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    21-30
    Currently, there is no room for a restaurant, or even a bar and/or lounge. There's only two empty houses in this itty-bitty world which is totally unacceptable. I took the large lot at the top of the hill, since it was empty and placed a lot I built from professional plans from a magazine. I replaced the gym with one I liked better from the Gallery, but unless I want to displace the locals, I can't add but two families into this world. Your beautiful rendering showing what it could have been, reminds me of the total makeover players did for Sunset Valley. I was able to easily place the venues I needed for my Rock Star into this downloadable world, including the very largest venue for when Erik reached the peak of his career, playing before massive audiences.

Love the Beach Front lots you added. This is more realistic of the L.A., CA, which Del Sol Valley is clearly designed after.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    21-30
    With the new world we will receive functional amusement park. With Island Living we received swimmable waters. Maybe it is time to refresh Del Sol Valley and give this world something it deserves?
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    12-20
    I don't play this world or it's gameplay. Not that I wouldn't like to, I just don't have much time and usually when I play, it's a certain way. I commented because questions like this really astounds me. The ones who put out Sims 4 make it clear what it is by what they have given us. It's been forever since we got a world with many lots for sims to live in on it.

For instance, the world that should've been for farming should've had huge lots on it including the largest they make so people could have huge farms, but no most are too small to have a good farm on. It takes a bunch of room to put the full garden, all trees, and a hoard of sheds/sheds/sheds/sheds/... Those things take up so much space that one can really make a real farm.

All the supernatural worlds. How can we have a supernatural hoard of sims when there are only less than 5 lots on each for living??? It's horrible. I was ok with all 3 worlds except their lack of lots for living and they could've plopped down just the spots and left them empty like they did with the free world they gave us. The Sims 3 worlds were busting with lots and we had a tool to put down or move any lots we wanted to. Sims 4 is a huge step back in so many ways. They could make things better by putting at least some empty lots down on each of the worlds and maybe they should be doing that as they go back and fix the packs.

The Go to Work... There should've been lots of lots there to make several stores and at least one huge one(largest possible) to make a mall.

I love really huge lots and we get near none of them in the Sims 4. Farming and mansions like what should've been in Del Sol Valley are two examples of where we really needed them. By the time the tiles take up room for a huge pool, make a mansion on the lots they provide isn't very realistic for me.

That's why the question has me reeling... people keep asking for stuff that they don't give. We just don't ever get as many lots as are in the question. Sims4 as a whole is just smaller in everything than the Sims 3 and for it's duration will be and I've come to accept that. Look at how many farm animals we got with what was suppose to be a farm pack and how limited the animals are. They can't breed/roam/and are stuck to their own bassinet types. And we only got 3. No pigs, no goats, no sheep, ect. Don't get me wrong, I do love a bunch of what they did and I wished all of that had gone into a family pack or some other type pack such as a petting zoo world or something, but a farm pack should focus on mainly the animals and crops and having lots large enough to make real farms. Sims 4 packs never stay on subject. Just like with schools. Colleges, high schools, grade schools, kindergarten/preschools, daycare (with at home babysitting as well) should've been a pack as all classroom could be made the same just in different ways. All these could've been in a world just for learning with a couple of large buildings with apartments for rent. Sulani no underwater swimming for mermaids; what's the use? I like the world and having them, but really when you compare that to all the Sims 3 offered for that same pack.

Anyways we ask for too many lots because they clearly aren't going to give them as seen in the last world. I understand that one better than the magic one and the vampire one as the packs don't have a home, but still some at the edge/bottom of the world might have worked. As for Del Sol, it should have more as it needs shops for shopping, a place for hairstylist, and more celeb homes. Without making it look too crowded, I think that double of what is there would be ok, which is why I picked the one I did.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited July 2022
    12-20
    We need beach lots with a pier….. and we need more lots added to downtown so we have room for some shopping lots as well as the few downtown lots we have…… a big mall lot would have been a great addition to add to Del Sol Valley. I also would have liked to see a few middle income lots. I was also surprised we got no apartments…..this world is so small it just doesn’t feel like LA. Of course it is missing the cars and freeway’s too. LA is a very busy city…

This is one world that should have been the size of Windenburg.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    12-20
    I see that a HUGE amount od simmers wants to have a better Del Sol Valley (~7 000 likes)

And some of us aren’t even on Twitter!
  • Options
    blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    I have deleted a 20x 20 park and shoved in a house right in the middle of the hubbub in central Del Sol before.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    30+
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

And some of us aren’t even on Twitter!
    May we all manifest with TheSimsCommunity I may not use Twitter but I'm in complete agreement with them. This world needs an upgrade it had so much potential to be amazing if any world deserved a pier with a carnival this would have been it and it desperately needs a working beach lot also a middleclass neighborhood and apartments.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"