Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'd love a Create-a-World

I know we have Newcrest, but I'd love a blank slate, where you could choose the type of terrain, or climate.
My desire is for a typical tourist trap beach town. Not tropical like Sulani, but not a bay like the Pets map. Something like the coast of Lake Huron, or one of the Great Lakes. (Those familiar, would be places like Grand Bend, Wasaga Beach, Turkey Point, etc).

Comments

• Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Let my game dev side talk... :) That would be a lot for them to make. Basically, you're asking for the entire game engine for Sims by doing that. It would be amazing tho, but only games I have ever seen do that are Bethesda games- Fallout, Elder Scrolls... High end, mature content, in case you didn't know what those were. It's possible, but unlikely.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Extremely unlikely, but they did have a CAW for Sims 3, so it's definitely not impossible for a sims game.

Maybe difficult for TS4 because of the engine they used. Heck, even TS2 you had world maps with roads on it you could choose, and then you could place the lot sized you wanted to build on, and all of the "world objects" you could place to essentially create a new world.
    Absolutely! TS3 did have that, although I suspect it would just make it lag more if you edited things. TS4... I don't know if they would or not.
  • TimBitTimBit Posts: 281 Member
    I know it's unlikely, but I like to dream, lol. Or if anything, just a blank beach town like I mentioned. I personally think we need more blank maps like Newcrest.
    Heck, I would just be happy to play my characters only, and have them all alone on an island somewhere with no working phone services or annoying neighbors to pester you every day. The game has no real story to it, so don't interrupt as I'm making mine.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Since Sims 4 early days I've been hoping for a world editing tool there was a survey for Town Life which I really liked. It had some boring features we have now like buy groceries from farmer's market but also had world changing things like playing as the mayor and creating laws to affect the world probably work like Eco Living but not weird but most importantly was neighborhood editing tools and tools to decide who can visit or move in.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ellieholidayellieholiday Posts: 3 New Member
    i think it'd be really cool if like in each world view, at the top, there was a drop down menu and a few options of what the world could look like, and you could choose one. all the same lots, just re arranges with different background stuff etc and vibes. for example, if im doing more of a supernatural save, quite a few of the worlds are appropriately gloomy, but then like idk Komorebi from snowy escape is just so bright. It'd be cool if we could even just set the time of day or light levels on the world view like we can in build&buy. A night setting on Komorebi overview, for example, could look really cool and festivally and pretty with a lit up mountain, but also gloomy enough for occult players
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I would love a Create-A-World feature. I think I posted a thread about it before but its been awhile. We had it for Sims3. Someone did a cc farming expansion where they made a more open world somehow. I don't know how, but it's feasible. If a modder can do it then so can the devs.
    I'd really love to be able to make completely custom areas.

My goal is to make a medieval style castle fortress where the neighborhood is the entire fortress.
  • Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    Extremely unlikely, but they did have a CAW for Sims 3, so it's definitely not impossible for a sims game.

Maybe difficult for TS4 because of the engine they used. Heck, even TS2 you had world maps with roads on it you could choose, and then you could place the lot sized you wanted to build on, and all of the "world objects" you could place to essentially create a new world.
    I really miss that. Being able to just add a new lot whenever needed. The current worlds feel so restricted.
    I know they made it more restricted so people with lower end computers could still play, but they could still use CAW to make worlds they can manage. I feel for people with lower end computers, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have the option to make cooler stuff.

I really want to be able to raise terrain, level terrain, have lots directly next to one another or even touching that can be purchased by the same Sim to sort of extend the lot. I wish we could have larger than 64x64 lots. The lot options in TS4 are so much more limited than TS3.

I really hope that they figure things out so when TS5 comes out it won't be as limited.
  • ForbiddenOrgansForbiddenOrgans Posts: 19 Member
    What I'd like to see is a blank world where it isn't just blank lots like Newcrest but, rather, you go through and do something like that quiz thing they've brought into CAS for new households and that kind of sets the vibe and setting for the whole world and then you can decide how many lots you want and, by extent, how many of which kinds. For example, you could choose to make a mountain town with a river running through it that has four commercial lots and seven residential with one of those commercial lots being a park and maybe the other commercial lots are a museum, a restaurant, and a spa, idk, but you know what I mean. Newcrest was always boring to me because it's only empty lots but otherwise there's nothing really to it, so having that level of interaction with the shaping of the world would be cool.
    A blank world would be nice. I would love to be able to place as many lots as I want. So if we did say we wanted x number of lots we could change our minds later. I'd love to have different types of terrain in different areas of the neighborhood.
  • KiraGiggleZKiraGiggleZ Posts: 15 Member
    The idea of a a create your own world is very appealing. Especially if you can really design and customize the terrain. Like hills mountains, water islands roads even if its something like creating your own hidden realm. I think this would be a expansion many people would be willing to pay for.