Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curved walls coming?

Comments

• Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    This looks real to me, it would be pretty much impossible to photoshop something like this.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited July 2022
    sam123 wrote: »
    This looks real to me, it would be pretty much impossible to photoshop something like this.

As someone who uses photo editing software at a professional level I'd have to disagree. There are many clever ways to fake screenshots like this.

Although I'd love curved walls to be a reality in The Sims 4, I'll remain sceptical about this leak until we get official confirmation.
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member

As someone who uses photo editing software at a professional level I'd have to disagree. There are many clever ways to fake screenshots like this.

Although I'd love curved walls to be a reality in The Sims 4, I'll remain sceptical about this leak until we get official confirmation.

I know nothing about photoshop so pardon my ignorance but I saw it in the official trailer clip not a screenshot. Would that make it more difficult to photoshop in a video and why would maxis do that if that’s the case?
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member

The thing is it could be possible if they used a base game window or something already in the game. But the curved window is literally the one coming in the pack, I would say it is pretty much impossible to photoshop the new window coming to the pack to look like a curved one. Especially if the only way you can sort of see what it looks like is from the trailer. Makes me believe that this is real.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    lovemy4s wrote: »

I know nothing about photoshop so pardon my ignorance but I saw it in the official trailer clip not a screenshot. Would that make it more difficult to photoshop in a video and why would maxis do that if that’s the case?

If you don't mind, what's the timestamp on that curved wall (not the window) in the Trailer? Because I just sat through it at quarter speed and didn't see any curved walls.

I did see the window in question, and ... yeah, I could probably fake the screenshot. Not as quickly as it was released, but I work slow. (and I wouldn't even have to model it. The screenshot was really very simple and could easily be 100% digitally painted if the faker was talented enough.)

That said, I'm still leaning more towards it being real than not.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

If you don't mind, what's the timestamp on that curved wall (not the window) in the Trailer? Because I just sat through it at quarter speed and didn't see any curved walls.

I did see the window in question, and ... yeah, I could probably fake the screenshot. Not as quickly as it was released, but I work slow. (and I wouldn't even have to model it. The screenshot was really very simple and could easily be 100% digitally painted if the faker was talented enough.)

0:37 you have to slowdown a lot n pause to see the screen at all
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

0:37 you have to slowdown a lot n pause to see the screen at all

Thanks. I see it now. The textures on the wall are blurry/weirdly shadowed, and you can just barely make out the curve on the floor.

So... the screenshot could be fake, but curved walls are looking very real.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    yeah still worried for like lighting and wallpaper textures with these curvy walls cause that shadow looks intense hopefully its gonna be less so in the game
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I hope the curved walls are real. It would be so way cool. B)
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

The thing is it could be possible if they used a base game window or something already in the game. But the curved window is literally the one coming in the pack, I would say it is pretty much impossible to photoshop the new window coming to the pack to look like a curved one. Especially if the only way you can sort of see what it looks like is from the trailer. Makes me believe that this is real.

That is a fair point indeed.

I only viewed it from a technical standpoint. Whenever someone claims that something couldn’t have been photo- or videoshopped I always retaliate “EVERYTHING CAN BE PHOTO AND VIDEOSHOPPED, AAAARGGGH!!!”

Obviously you’d need some kind of asset to do the shopping with… One can ofcourse create those assets from scratch but the chance that both windows would turn out to be exactly the same is 0.01 in a billion. Why would you even bother? 😅

Now, some clever pants could have gotten access to that specific window, stuck it to a flat wall and photoshopped it.
    Someone internally would have been able to pull this prank. The video update doesn’t convince me though. I’d file that under “optical illusion” until proven otherwise.
    The code update however, is another story and perhaps a more concrete give away that something’s up with the walls. I’m no expert when it comes to code, so let’s hope things will get curvy in the future.

Having said all that, I shall remain skeptical, since one of my favourite things to do is build medieval castles and if this turns out to be some kinda joke at least I’ll only be a bit grumpy instead of absolutely enraged. 😇
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited July 2022
    I mean that would be cool for some builds, like towers, shops with rounded windows etc. But mostly, I want curved pools !!
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    My first thought was that it was simply a curved object, like the scenery from Get Famous or even from the world set.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    I don't think we will get curved walls, because if we did, they would have used curved walls on a lot more builds with this pack. I've not studied the subject, but I read about possible curved wall on just one - ONE - building?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I don't think we will get curved walls, because if we did, they would have used curved walls on a lot more builds with this pack. I've not studied the subject, but I read about possible curved wall on just one - ONE - building?
    yeah but the way they're not denying the rumor and theres one in trailer is kinda weird then :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    The thing is, the picture is not from the trailer. I don’t know where it could have come from ?
    My first thought was that it was simply a curved object, like the scenery from Get Famous or even from the world set.

• Options
    I haven’t seen any curved walls in the trailer, just windows that look like the on in the picture.
    yeah but the way they're not denying the rumor and theres one in trailer is kinda weird then :sweat_smile:

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Maybe they are currently working on curved walls, to release them sometimes later. Or maybe they want to release them as base game and will reveal them in the live session.
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    @Dianesims someone posted the screenshot on this thread earlier. I looked through the trailer myself and saw it, so it’s not photoshop. Now the pic with the windows is definitely speculation and if it is true, most likely someone leaked the info when they shouldn’t. I believe it’s the same person who leaked the map because the active lot looks a lot like the one in the leaked pic.

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I don't think we will get curved walls, because if we did, they would have used curved walls on a lot more builds with this pack.

I thought so too, but they hide things sometimes. For example, there was no sign of terrain tools in GF reveal trailer.
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I haven’t seen any curved walls in the trailer, just windows that look like the on in the picture.

I asked the same question. at 0:37 in the trailer, you can just barely make out the kinda curved floor on the left side of the shot - the wall looks weird over it.

However, as CAPTAIN_NXR7 says, it could be an optical illusion too.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member

Yeah, the creators they got for the Snowy Escape builds went absolutely overboard with platforms, often just for the sake of platforms rather than for the good of the design itself, so it's a bit odd more haven't shown up. Unless it is a more recent addition that the creators weren't able to use.

However, at this point, I'm guessing it can go either way at this point if we have them in game, though I'm thinking they are going to be a thing based on what we've seen so far.

If it is in game, I'm guessing windows will be like columns and only some can be placed on a curved wall (like how only some columns can be extended). I'm guessing it will be like curved fences, and we just replace the curved side. Though I do wonder how well wall textures will work on the curved walls, and if there will be curved half walls.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2022
    somewhsome wrote: »
    I don't think we will get curved walls, because if we did, they would have used curved walls on a lot more builds with this pack.

I thought so too, but they hide things sometimes. For example, there was no sign of terrain tools in GF reveal trailer.

It might not be them hiding things, but more that these things are buggy and don't work properly until closer to release than when the trailers are made.

Community builders on packs probably find a lot more bugs than Gurus because they are more likely to push build tools to their limits and use them in unusual ways.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2022
    No, not yet.

Because if it was the case, Maxis would be proud to show them like they did for the platform in Snowy Escape trailer.

xxsuhd10.jpg
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    No, not yet.

Because if it was the case, Maxis would be proud to show them like they did for the platform in Snowy Escape trailer.

xxsuhd10.jpg

Then what about the curved walls on the world map leak at the active lot?
    FXD_9OWWQAATlHF-1140x641.jpeg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2022
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant

It's one of the most wanted BB feature, I see no reason to hide it.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on