Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anybody still making content and take requests?

pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
I need Oscar Isaac in my game and can't find him for Sims 2 (3 and 4, yes.) Is there anybody out there who could do this for me?

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2022
    Do you want him with beard or not? His face looks simple enough to mold. It might take some time to find his shorter hairstyle because I use other creator's content to help bring to life the Sims I build. It's just easier for me to mold faces and use other creator's skins, eyelashes, hair, blush etc. I spent most of my creative expression actually molding faces instead of actually creating a skin when there are so many great skins out there that can do the trick as long as the face is molded as near as possible. That's what I enjoy doing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    Thank you for replying! I would prefer him without a beard or maybe just a little scruffy. Again, thanks so much for this!
    edited May 2022
    You might find one on Mod the Sims but I will try to work on this Sim this week. Sorry about the delay for replying. Can't promise anything will turn out the way I want it to turn out but I will try to work on this Sim and get back to you, hope you aren't in any hurry. :)

My problem with Sim celeb faces has always been I tweak and re tweak and re tweak them until I'm satisfied. :#

Edited to add first screen shot of work in progress:

This just a rough draft of what I came up with in about an hour or so. As you can see he is going to need many details and tweaks to nose, eyebrows, eye shape, and other things. The problem I have with TS2 is the forehead area on TS2 Sims is always a larger area than we see and elongated when working with short hair styles without bangs etc. I finally decided on this skin tone (skin) after trying many in my files. It may take me a few days or longer time permitting.

Just remember this is just the first process before I tweak many more things. And he actually has a lot of laugh lines I would like to add. And Body shop is always different looking than what we actually wind up seeing in CAS. It has better lighting (brighter) so I always take several screen shots in CAS after building in Body Shop to see exactly what isn't quite right compared to a dozen pictures of the celeb from different frontal and side poses.

YxCX64z.jpg

Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I know this is taking me awhile. (lol)
    I wanted to update you. I have moved on to more tweaks of shaping the eyes as close as I can to several pictures of the actor and other areas of the face including mouth, nose, ears, chin etc.

I hope I can get it done this week for you. Just wanted you to know I'm now in second stage of making more adjustments.
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    There's no real rush, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate this!
    It's proving harder than I thought. lol I do this now and then for myself for characters in my game, but I didn't realize how hard it has been to find the right eyebrow shape for this Sim. I tried Mini's thicker brows (over on MTS) because a few of them looked like the exact shape but they proved to be too arched even after tweaking the brow bone several ways.

But I will finish it. lol But it might take me awhile since real life keeps getting in my way. Just don't want you to be disappointed. My problem is I can't just do a quick one, I tweak and tweak and though others might not see the differences of a nostril, and or the corner of an eye, I always do so yeah, I'm a very slow creator. :)
    edited June 2022
    I had some free time this afternoon, so I wanted to show you how much the first Sim has changed. It's coming along slowly. Not the final results.

As you can see by my example Number One is the first Sim I whipped up. Number Two is a side view so I could see what needed a complete overhaul. And Number Three is the progress I have made today. Particularly the nose bulb and shape. Much different looking Sim now since I also changed the brow bone, cheeks, and facial structure. But still need more tweaks to eyes, eyebrows etc. I'm also trying to create his scruffy beard but I never was any good at makeup/eyebrows/beards etc. The one on this Sim is a Maxis default scruffy. He needs a new one. :)

But just an example of all the changes I have made to my first Sim.

20EXLS5.jpg
    edited July 2022
    I'm finally back to working on your Sim. I don't know if you saw where I lost all my downloaded custom content and this messed up my whole game. Including Saved Sims I was working on before I stupidly deleted my entire download folder by mistake. This led to many hours, days, and weeks of getting all my files back up to snuff. Including all my saved Sims who most were ruined since you can't work on them once they lose any custom content. They wind up with bald heads with no heads to select and other problems. It took me quite awhile to repair my files in TS2's bodyshop with all my saved Sims.

Not only did I lose the Sim I was building for you, but the Downton Abbey Sims I was working on for myself and others.

Headache. lol

But here is the next stage of this Sim's transformation. As you can see he still isn't where he needs to be to be believable. At least not to me. But I will continue to mold him to where I'm satisfied as I said I'm too much of a perfectionist to share anything until I can believe it's that person etc. If you find someone who photoskins (which I do not) you might get this character much faster than my pace of work. :(

TsMy2vw.jpg

As a side note this guy is a chameleon, he is different looking in every pic (from the internet) I have of him. I'm almost convinced he has had some work done to his nose and lips over the years. lol
    Which I'm also having a hard time capturing.