Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    July 9th Comments:

@afai1261
    Aww, I vet that other pup makes Aaron miss Yoshi even more. Aaron got angry a lot before. Now all that anger will come out in his werewolf form. Hopefully he can control it more than he did when he wasn't a werewolf. :joy:

@Karababy52
    Yeah, D.J. does look different as a blonde and a bit wavier hair. Not my kind of style either. Yeah, there was another pirate gig he could do for a tv show. But he won't be doing that yet. It's going to be commercials for now unless I see a tv show I think he would like. I was surprised he got nominated after his first gig. Hopefully he wins, yes. And wins more later on. :lol:
    Flirty werewolf Cale... :joy: I like how you can still see his scar on his face even in werewolf form.

@RememberJoy
    Oh, good. Adam was able to buy the lot now. Bess can stop nagging him. :lol:

@Ellupelluellu
    :heart:
    I think Oona is starting out great. We can see she likes Mt. Komorebi. I also think Sean was there to support her, but was not having fun on the treadmill. :lol:

July 10th Comments:

@Karababy52
    I love the interactive careers as well. I *always* go with for those. I still wish they offered a 'scratch' option instead of bite for turning another into a werewolf. I'll probably just pretend it's a scratch when it comes to that point in my Challenge.
    I thought that was Jr. out for a jog as well until you said something. Definitely looks like a Conrad, that's for sure. I'm surprised Cale didn't pick up on it. Would have been funny if you made Cale think it was Jr.

@SoulGal7
    Woot! The plan is in motion. Dylan's got everything set up for graduation day. BUT...the hooligans are also on their way. It's a like a huge television show season ender about to happen. :joy:

@RememberJoy
    Adam's place is coming along nicely. Still, lots of work to do, but it's getting better.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    July 11th: A day of unexpected visitors

Th4tfAi.png
    My first order of business today was to buy myself a counter so that I could actually use the fridge and stove I'd restored. After that, I got busy and cooked myself up some vegetable tempura with some of the produce from my garden.

U3u4TH1.png

As I was finishing up my meal, I heard a rustling out in my dumpster and went outside to take a look.

dwvUv0G.png

There was a man rummaged through my trash and another sim, an older lady, weeding my garden.
    "Uh, hi," I said, trying to get their attention. "Can I help you?"
    Both sims turned to face me and the one in my dumpster got a big goofy grin on his face.

OzNHnsC.png

"You must be Adam!" the guy said coming over and giving me a handshake, "I'm Knox and this is my mother Mary; we're your neighbors who live in that big crane over there! We heard you'd bought this property and came over to say hi!"
    "Oh," I said glancing over at the dumpster, "thanks. Were you looking for anything specific in there?"

GadTYr1.png

"Sorry," Knox said looking a little sheepish, "I was trying to be helpful and sort out the recyclable bits, but you seem to have that under control."
    Another elderly lady approached us and Knox introduced me to his second mom, Blossom.

a00mYjR.png

"Have these two been bothering you?" she asked with a laugh. "They mean well, but neither of them have a sense of personal space I'm afraid. I'll take them and get out of your hair. Nice to meet you Adam!"
    Just as they were leaving, Bess and her husband came walking up to us and I could almost swear I saw sparks fly between Bess and Knox as they passed by. There must be some history there.
    Bess greeted me as Jules walked right past me, climbed the ladder, and entered my bedroom.

uBxtDoa.png

OK.
    Maybe he was interested in the work I'd done up there?

Before I could say anything, Bess grinned and let me know I'd gotten the promotion!

MQmN2rf.png

She handed me a large tablet and told me I could use it to draw up diagrams and blueprints. I got so excited that I pulled it out and began playing around with an idea I'd been holding onto for awhile.

9wLQ7M4.png

Bess just sat there waiting as I scribbled away, smiling at my enthusiasm.
    "OK," I said pulling out my new blueprint, "What do you think of this idea? We could remove those old storage containers by the warehouse and put an eating area in there! There could be a rotation of food trucks that come through weekly bringing in new foods and flavors from around the world!"

MemmijB.png

Bess seemed to think about it.

"I like your enthusiasm," she said, "but I don't think our little neighborhood could draw in too many food trucks right away. What about just starting with a little coffee truck to draw people in? People love coffee."

2WwzwRW.png

"I guess that would be a good starting point," I said feeling a little disappointed.
    "And what about adding an arbor for shade," Bess suggested. "You know, like a large patio cover that we could grow foliage on."
    "Hmm," I said thinking about it, "I like it! Let me quickly add that to my diagram!"

2vkn5BB.png

I scribbled in an arbor over the eating area and showed it to Bess.
    "I like it," Bess said examining the blueprint. "If you write up your ideas and send them in with the blueprint, the City Council just might end up using your ideas!"
    I thanked her and went and did as she suggested, placing them in the mailbox.

kUuT3gU.png

When I got back, Jules had come down from upstairs and was wandering back to their house, so Bess said a quick goodbye and went running after him.

I've got to admit, the people in this town are all a little odd.

Feeling energized, I put on my active wear and went for a jog around the neighborhood.

LvrppIf.png

The green initiative seemed to have been completed, and the world was now filled with trees, flowers, and solar panels.

oFPVnNM.png
    9ndbOg7.png

I ended my run up on some catwalks overlooking the river. It was amazing how good this world looked compared to when I first arrived here!

TYRQ4Oq.png

I was just turning around to head home when the spellcaster who helped us sell Kaori's house came swooping down on a broom only to throw a drink in my face! They're really trying to sell me being an outcast, aren't they.

zE4YLr0.png

I yelled at him before he flew away again, and I tried to look as dejected as possible as I trudged home, dripping wet.

After cleaning up, I filled the food dispenser I'd bought for the strays that frequented my lot.

3SUyE0g.png

I rummaged through the trash for dinner as I was exhausted at this point and didn't have the energy for cooking.
    It began to thunderstorm as I hefted myself up the ladder, but my weariness was greater than I'd thought, and before I could reach my bed I passed out in the pouring rain.

GrOGS8p.png

If that wasn't bad enough, a couple hours later a rouge dust bunny set my music player on fire.

dyazHUi.png

This just was not my day.

hdBVj6v.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2022
    July - Day 11: "Baby, it's cold outside..."

J214QOT.png

Notes
    j59VTsP.png
    I had Cale upgrade the boys' beds since Joe woke up from his nap with a sore back. Consequently, later when they went to bed, they didn't need much sleep and got up very early the next morning around 1-2 a.m. I like how they're all sitting together at the dining table together in this shot. Even though Joe is doing his homework on top of the laptop and Cale is still scratching himself.

x1DnxXl.png
    Jr. was hungry and needed fun so he grabbed a serving of Italian Meatballs and sat down at his laptop. Joe was playing video games on his too. Man, I can't get used to how wolves eat. It reminds me of how Glutton Sims eat, only worse! Look at that face. It doesn't help that his rage is almost half way full as well. The good thing though is the fact he ate and played at the same time! I've never seen that happen before.

AzCGW0A.png
    Everyone gathered in the livingroom around the fire Sandy had again started after doing some yoga. Cale picked up the Were Living magazine to give it a look and is still scratching. He learned some tips on how to make transforming into a werewolf easier. Sadly, that would've come in handy before he'd actually turned. He also read some tips on how to cure werebies, and best of all a recipe for grilled Luna Fish!

Joe & Jr. had a chat while Sandy sat enjoying the warmth from the wood stove for a few minutes, but soon got up to go practice yoga again. *sigh*

KnSKcmD.png
    "Hey, you know that bully that keeps picking on me? I'm gonna put a stink bomb in his locker today."

P8doACY.png
    "Oh come on, that's so lame. You're a werewolf now, you can do better than that."
    "You think so?"

8GSCERn.png
    "Oh yeah, I can think of lots of things you could do."
    "I dunno, I don't wanna turn him or anything if that's what you mean."

BRQakZL.png
    "No, no, don't do that, that's too much. You just want to scare him. Just snarl real mean at him."
    "Oh, yeah, I like that idea."

SHjLGFg.png
    "It's what I'd do if I were a werewolf. He'll probably be so scared he'll pee himself in front of everyone and never live it down!"
    "Wow Dude, that's harsh!"
    "Maybe, but I bet he'd never try bullying you or anyone else again after that."

bVnlAir.png
    Cale's rage was creeping up over the halfway mark, so he tried doing a somber howl to lower it.
    "Ah-wooooooooo!"

2r94HZ5.png
    "Great, now I'm sad."
    "Sad's better than raging though. You don't feel like destroying stuff when you're sad, am I right?"
    "Yeah, I guess."

tF1fgTG.png
    "Whoa! Listen to that, sounds like a big pack of wolves outside."

lyt2zw4.png
    "Where? Where? Outside? Oh no! I hope they won't break in or something."
    "Why are you freaking out Mom? You live with two wolves."
    "I know what you two are like, I don't know those wolves. They could be mean and, and, try to turn me and Joe."

XQiNobI.png
    "Ah-woooooooooo!"
    "AHHH! They're in the house, or really close now. I'm scared!"

26qKplV.png
    "Stop scaring your Mother Jr."

vqa0j6R.png
    "It was you? Why'd you do that right behind me? You knew I was scared already."
    "Hey, sorry Mom, it's just what we wolves do. We hear another howl and howl back."

0bRWcfR.png
    "Fine! But next time warn me first, you scared me to death."
    "I'll try, but it's just instinct Mom, I can't control it."
    "Well you better learn!"
    "It's not something I can just not do, like I said, it's in-"
    "Alright, alright! Ugh!"

3P3bc9Y.png
    I finally had to break down and turn the carport into a real greenhouse. I was tired of the plants looking like sticks, and Sandy continually goes outside to use the yoga mat or paint and then starts freezing to death. She has the Ice Proof trait, but for some reason, it's not working.

I extended the front porch and the carport roof over it, added windows and a couple sliding doors. I moved the yoga mat to the front porch with a space heater. The easel and paint box are in the greenhouse. I later had to just get rid of the yoga mat, that's ALL she wants to do 24/7. She's fine on the porch, but keeps her athletic wear on and ends up starting to freeze just in the house if she doesn't warm herself up at the wood stove. To help with that, they now have a thermostat too.

Cale also upgraded the woodstove and space heater to be fireproof. Ugh, I can't wait for warm weather for them. Since Winter started it's been bitter freezing cold every single day.

I'm glad I made the greenhouse, Cale is loving it, of course. He's in his element again.

yUMRcft.png
    Later, Sandy stopped Cale from scavenging to give him a kiss on the cheek. She does that constantly which I think is sweet. He took the opportunity to ask her for Werewolf Sympathy, which of course she gave willingly and he now has Werewolf Diplomacy.

AFfRVRu.png
    Jr. is going through a mean streak and went outside to snarl at his Dad. Uh oh, not a good idea Jr. o.O

CuynXti.png
    "YES! What a rush! You should've seen your face! HAHAHA!"
    "You got me, good job, real funny kid."

i3BfBe6.png
    "Here's something I bet you won't think is funny though, you're grounded for a week."
    "What!? No way!"

9OJcylr.png
    "Oh no! Gawd, I'm so sorry Dad! Please don't ground me, I was only practicing."
    "Practicing for what?"

Jr. told Cale about his plan to scare the school bully and hoped he'd understand.

ggnZuvU.png
    "Oh hell no! Listen to me, that is NOT a good idea. Do you want to end up like Lance? Remember how mean he was? We should be nice to others who aren't like us so they won't be scared of werewolves. Kristopher says they just want to live together with them in peace and show that most werewolves are good and not bad. They only have a bad reputation because of vampires. Understand? We will NOT be using our powers to scare and intimidate others. It's not right and I won't stand for it."
    "Okay, I understand. I won't scare anyone if I can help it. I promise! Am I...am I still grounded?"
    "Yes, you have to know I mean it, but let's make it three days instead of a week."
    "Aww, man..."
    "I'm sorry Jr., you have to learn."
    "I get it."
    "Time for school Son, better get going."

BTfRWJj.png
    Jr. and Joe transportalated to school and I found Sandy inside making herself a drink. I guess she has a new obsession now.
    (What's the problem Watcher? I deserve it. I need something to help me relax since you took my yoga mat away.)
    Good point. I'll allow it.

BEL3CwW.png
    Cale did some more scavenging and found a few minor things, but he also found one very special item, Greg's Diary! He read one passage that contained a recipe for the Wolf B-Gone cure! o.O We're just going to pretend he didn't find that out yet though. He still needs to finish the initial aspiration and at least one more out of the additional four before he 'finds' a cure.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my July 11th post above! I'll get started on comments/replies next! Hope everyone had a great day/night!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited July 2022
    June 2 - A Whirlwind Week - The Final Term - Part 2

DOES-SHE-KNOW-WHAT-SHE-DOES-TO-ME.png
    And suddenly it was the day of the final exams. The heat is on! Oh geez! It certainly is, because suddenly a fire breaks out. Oh my gosh! They have been living here all this time, and NOW this happens. Ugh!

fire-in-the-house-and-the-guitar-is-history.png

Luckily there's no lack of fire extinguishers in the house, and the fire is put out.

is-that-my-guitar-velma.png

Velma comes downstairs and looks at the guitar, "Um...is that my guitar?"

Wolfgang: "You...er...don't need it for your finals, do you?"

Velma: "No...but I was hoping to take it home with me. I guess not now."

Wolfgang: "It's alright, there's house insurance. We'll get a replacement for you."

everyone-was-fine-but-the-dart-board-and-the-guitar-didn-t-make-it.png

Dylan looks around and notices that the dart board didn't make it either.

dylan-and-morgan-hug-after-the-fire.png

Dylan goes over to Morgan and gives her an autonomous hug.

Afterwards, Dylan stands there for a moment thinking of what could have happened. Some things are more precious than "stuff", and he knew that Morgan was more valuable than anything in this house, or anything that he could ever want. He made a promise to himself that he would make sure he showed her just how special she was every single day he was with her.

dylan-thinking-after-fire-in-deep-thought.png

Meanwhile the roomies try to get back to studying. Some have a rather confident moodlet, while others are just stressed about the fire. And then the nerves hit. The up-chuck bush gets heavy use today! Dylan is nervous and is using the bush? Oh gosh...now I am worried. Why? Why did this happen right before the finals?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

the-bush-is-in-heavy-use-today.png

Over the course of the day, the roomies came and went. And then it was the waiting game for the grades. And they all passed their exams! Woot! [Note: See below for actual grades.] They were ecstatic!

the-last-of-the-exams.png

They had bought tickets to see the Big Game between Britechester and Foxbury, and, of course, Dylan was secretly cheering Robin and Foxbury on. It was a close game, and Adam and DJ gave it their all, but Robin was unstoppable tonight, and Foxbury won the game. Woot!

fizbury-wins-the-final-match.png

robin-wins-the-game.png

victory-for-robin.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After the game, they all headed to Pepper's Pub for a HUGE celebration. The drinks were flowing, and they all had a bit too much to drink. Some more than others.

DJ had decided to dance "au naturel" and Adam went over to try to get him off the dancefloor and to the restroom.

OH-GOSH-THE-EMBARRAMENT.png

Adam: "DJ...what the heck? You're going to get arrested. How much did you drink? Come on and get your clothes back on..."

DJ: "Free....free...I'm free...'no more pencils, no more books...no more teacher's dirty looks...come on, Adam...let loose..."

DJ-YOUR-GOING-TO-GET-ARRESTED.png

Adam: "I think you've let loose enough for the both of us, DJ. Come on...haul your nekkid butt to the restroom..."

DJ: "Gosh you're bossy sometimes..."

Velma and Robin had been sitting at the bar watching DJ dance, and Velma remarked, "I actually didn't mind that show..." she grinned and Robin laughed.

I-KIND-OF-LIKE-THAT-SHOW.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Aaron and Hunter were having their own private chat. (Don't ask me why Hunter is shirtless. This is how he showed up.)

AARON-AND-HUNTER.png

Meanwhile, Cale was trying to tap the keg...

tapping-the-keg-cale.png

...rather unsuccessfully...

tapping-the-keg-cale-squirt.png

...but on the second try he gets it...

egads-not-good.png

...and Robin is the first one to ask him to do a keg stand...

ROBIN-DOING-A-KEG-STAND.png

ROBIN-IS-SUCCESSFUL.png

Robin sure knows how to celebrate her sweet victory! And thank goodness DJ has his clothes back on.

THEY-ALL-START-CHEERING.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dylan was just about to make his way over to Morgan to challenge her to a game of ping pong, when he saw Paolo Rocco walk in the door and make a beeline right for Morgan. It was apparent, from the way he weaved in, that Paolo had already had a few.

LOOKING-AT-MORGAN.png

Dylan looked over at Paolo and felt the anger build in him. No...he couldn't get angry and use the sprite power to attack Paolo again. He had to calm down.

mad-dylan.png

Wolfgang came over to stand beside him and saw where Dylan was looking, and made a disgusted face.

SEEING-MORGAN-AND-PAOLO-TOGETHER.png

Wolfgang: "Ah, geez...who let him in here? The guy just doesn't give up, does he? Look at the way Paolo is looking at Morgan...what a sleazebag...I warned Morgan he wanted to be more than friends. I think I'll go over there and do what I wanted to do to him when I was in high school. I'm going to kick Paolo's butt..."

IM-GOING-TO-KICK-HIS-BUTT.png

Dylan put an arm on Wolfgang's shoulder to hold him back, "No...it's fine. I'll handle this. Just because I can't kiss Morgan yet doesn't mean I can't let Paolo know that she's with me..." he said as he walked towards them.

He overheard Paolo telling Morgan that he had a bottle of her favorite wine back at his place. Dylan then saw Paolo take Morgan's hand in his and start to lead her out.

COME-ON-TO-MY-PLACE-MORGAN.png

Dylan noticed how drunk Morgan was.

MORGAN-IS-SMASHED.png

Dylan: "Hey, Morgan, where are you going? You're not backing out of that bet about who's going to win the ping pong game are you?"

HEY-MORGAN-YOU-DIDNT-FORGET-OUR-BET-DID-YOU.png

Morgan looked blearily at Dylan, "Ping Pong? Pfft...I'm gonna win...yeah..."

Paolo gave Dylan a dismissive look: "Morgan, cara...remember, we were going back to my place...come on...let's go..." he said as he started to pull her away.

MORGAN-CARA-COME-ON.png

GRABS-MORGANS-HAND.png

Dylan grabbed Paolo's arm to stop him, "I don't think so Paolo. Morgan is staying here. She's with me, " he said and glowered at him.

she-is-staying-here-with-me.png

Dylan was finding it hard to calm down, but he couldn't use the sprite attack on Paolo again. He wouldn't let the sprites take control of him. He was breathing heavily and didn't want Paolo anywhere near Morgan...didn't want Paolo touching her. Dylan felt himself sweating profusely trying to control his emotions, and then something seemed to happen to him.

Dylan's anger raged inside of him, and suddenly he let out a low, guttteral sound.

growl-at-paolo.png

SHES-WITH-ME-PAOLO.png

Paolo's eyes widened, and he backed up like he was frightened, "Geez...yeah...no problem...I was just...um...leaving..." he said and quickly went out the door.

paolo-out-the-door.png

Dylan stood there for a moment and took a deep breath. What had just happened?

TAKING-A-MOMENT-TO-CHILL.png

Before Dylan had a chance to think about it, Velma and Robin came over to bring Morgan to the dance floor. Dylan looked at Morgan and saw her beckon for him to join her. A new wave of emotions washed over Dylan. Dang! Morgan looked so good...so dang hot...did she even realize it? Did she realize what she did to him?

DOES-SHE-KNOW-WHAT-SHE-DOES-TO-M.png

Morgan: "Party in Da House", she shouted and did a little spin.

PARTY-IN-DA-HOUSE.png

Wolfgang came over towards Dylan, "Holy Plumbobs, Dylan. Did you just growl at Paolo? Well, heck, that worked. He left. Now come on, let's get Morgan home. I don't think I've ever seen her this wasted before. She's definitely going to feel it in the morning..."

WE-SHULD-PROBABLY-TAKE-HER-HOME.png

Dylan looked at Wolfgang and tried to clear his head. Had he really growled at Paolo? Were the sprites still playing mind games with him?

LOOKING-TOWARDS-MORGAN-AND-PAOLO.png

And at that moment, Morgan passed out on the dance floor.

MORGAN-PASSED-OUT-ON-DANCEFLOOR.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Odd Job slowed down and parked the pick-up truck in front of the house. They quietly got out and looked around.

Antonio: "Yep, this is it....the place Janie told me that Dylan lived with a bunch of roomies. Dang place looks run-down, but it also looks deserted..."

antonio-and-odd-job.png

Odd Job: "They're all probably at that party down at Pepper's Pub. There was a big soccer game tonight, and most of the students are there celebrating..."

Antonio thought for a moment, "Too risky to nab that Healy kid there. Best to wait and do it tomorrow after Graduation. I heard that it's a big moving day afterwards. We should be able to get a chance then..."

it-looks-deserted.png

Odd Job: "Yeah...I noticed a lot of traffic in Britechester. We'll just blend in as just another vehicle moving out some kids. Good idea..."

the-mob-in-britechester.png

Antonio: "We'll swing by early tomorrow and park behind that moving van. That way we can figure out how many are in the house..."

Odd Job: "I'll tell Harry and Marv to watch the house tonight..."

marv-and-harry-will-be-here-tonight.png

Antonio: "What about Ernie?"

Odd Job: "He's gonna monitor that kid at the Graduation Ceremony...tail him so the kid don't make a run for it..."

Antonio: "Good plan...okay...well let's head over to Janie's keg party. Might as well have a good time while we're here, right?"

Odd Job: "Oh yeah...I'm with you...I'll text the others about the plan..."

Antonio: "I've been waiting a long time for this Odd Job. That Healy kid is mine....he ain't getting away this time..." he said as they got back in the pick-up truck.

that-dylan-kid-is-mine.png

Odd Job: "No, he's not," he smiled patting a bag on the seat beside him, "I've got enough tranquilizers in here to have that kid sleeping like a baby all the way to Strangerville..."

Antonio and Odd Job laughed and drove off into the night.

laughing-about-the-kid.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Since Paolo Rocco is of Italian descent, I threw in the Italian word, "Cara" which is a term of endearment meaning "dear".

Morgan actually got a call from Paolo to come over to his place. The whole idea for the bar scene happened when Paolo showed up autonomously at Pepper's Pub and walked right up to Morgan.

PAOLO-CALL-TO-MORGAN-NO.png

The final grades for Dylan and the roomies. Wow! A+ for all. I was worried about some of them due to those notices you get from the professors, and some were saying "below par". Must be a strict professor. And DJ, Adam and Robin have now completed all their courses and have been dismissed from soccer. Since I had only registered Hunter and Aaron for one course, they are still "technically" at uni, however, I will use some cheat codes to give them their degrees.

Tomorrow is Graduation...and...of course, so is the full moon.

term-4-final-grades-robin.png
    adam-term-4-grades.png
    cale-term-4-grades.png
    dj-term-4-grades.png
    wolfgang-term-4-grades.png
    wolfgang-term-4-grades.png
    morgan-term-4-grades.png
    dylan-term-4-grades.png
    graduate-notice-dylan.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @LegacySims2017
    Gorgeous shot of Tartosa for your daily post pic! <3

Their wedding planner is lovely! Very nice wedding boutique they visited. Really like the restaurant too. Absolutely gorgeous wedding venue. I love how you renovated the default one for your tastes, great job!

I like how you're picking his gigs based on DJ's personality, very good idea. Seems to work since he got nominated eh? ;) Good luck to him, hope he wins and more later too!

I couldn't believe it when he got that Flirty temperament, it's so realistic for his personality! Devs did such a good job with that eh? Oh yeah, I just had to paint that scar on his wolf form to match his real form. It's makes it unique to him. :)

Scientist is my favorite interactive career. The others are okay, but that one is my favorite of all the careers. Scratch to get infected would be cool for those who don't want such a violent option for turning into a werewolf. There is the werebies too, but I don't like how they foam at the mouth for so long. o.O Same as with the rodent fever thing. The very reason none of my Sims have ever had any of the small pets.

Gah! I should've done that! Dang, wish I had now! Well, if Deon or any of his other sons that look like Joe show up again, I'll try something like that, if you don't mind? Thanks for the idea!

@Ellupelluellu
    Take your time dear, ease into things slowly. There's no hurry. :) Yes, I love that shot too, Moonwood Mill is very beautiful and it is quiet and 'mostly' peaceful. Just don't go near Greg's area. hehe

Glad you like Cale's werewolf form, I had fun painting it for him. Don't worry about sounding like you don't know what's going on, it's fine. Once you dive into the pack I think you're going to love it! I'm just thrilled you're here! Any kind of comments are very much appreciated! <3

Oh man, yeah, the boys' room is very small. It was meant for only one single bed, but I squeezed another in there. Couldn't put any skill stuff in there, but that's alright. The house is tiny overall really, very cozy. hehe The rage rooms are so minimal, but that's okay, they're meant to be that way.

Hopefully they won't have to use them much. I've been trying to manage their rage and so far it's working out okay, they haven't raged since they turned, well except Jr. when there was a full moon. I'm guessing they'll both rage with the next one. I love the house too, Schnuck01 is a great builder. :)

@SoulGal7
    hehe Murphy's Law eh? Of course they have the one and only fireplace fire now when they're almost ready to leave. Poor Velma losing her guitar just before finals. Glad they have insurance to get her a new one. Man, that poor bush! I hope it doesn't die. o.O Of course maybe from all the extra 'fertilizer' it's been getting, who knows it might help it thrive eh? hehe

Congrats to all of them for their great final grades! Yay! \o/ And also to Robin and Adam helping Britechester to win their game! HAHA! Oh man, hilarious that DJ let loose and got naked on the dance floor. Uh, yah, I'd say he's one of them that had too much to drink! Love his comment to Adam about being bossy. hehe

Funny about Cale not tapping the keg well at first, but he gets it and doesn't drop Robin for her keg stand either! Booya! \o/

Whoa! Good job Dylan letting Paolo know in no uncertain terms that Morgan is with him. That threatening sound he made, the description for it? Almost sounds like you were describing a werewolf snarl. Now wouldn't THAT be a twist if Dylan's actually secretly a werewolf. I know he isn't, I'm just speculating. hehe Wait! Oooo, full moon tomorrow, Dylan growling...okay, maybe you're planning something... o.O

Gah! Go away Antonio and Odd Job, you losers! I knew they'd show up at some point, but still. Run Dylan and Morgan, RUN! Hopefully they see them and sneak away. We shall see! I'm so excited for the next chapter! <3
    July 12th: Visiting the new maker space

Today's Accomplishment:
    Master Maker
    - Achieve level 3 fabrication

nv7jCIu.png
    After breakfast I couldn't help but notice that the warehouse seemed to have already been cleaned up and transformed into the voted for Maker Space! The rain had let up, so I jogged over to get a better look.

OmjY4t1.png

Wow, whoever they'd contracted must of had a few spellcasters on their crew; this place had been in shambles just the day before!
    I wandered in through the front door to have a look around.

dnksYSC.png

A large fountain had been placed in the center of the warehouse with different crafting stations situated against the walls. Tina noticed me gawking and came over to say hi.

kBooaMz.png

I asked her if she'd helped with any of this, and she said she'd made some of the decorative paneling lining one of the walls. I told her about my idea, and she smiled and asked if I'd been outside yet. When I shook my head, she suggested I go take a look.

uWuS26c.png

I exited the building and found myself in an arbor-covered eating area!

zDHMm0M.png

I was speechless; they'd used my idea!

There was a small coffee trailer on one side of the space, so I went over and ordered myself a coffee. I took it over to one of the tables and sat in stunned silence as I sipped the hot beverage.

JeUVPUa.png

This was amazing.

After I finished my coffee I continued my exploration of the transformed warehouse by going upstairs to the loft-like area. There were a few painting easels up there, as well as a juice fizzing machine and a couple of recyclers.

XquKzMx.png

I threw in a few pieces of junk I had on me and took the recycled bits downstairs to one of the candle making stations. I poured in some wax and got to work crafting four beautiful dipped candles that I planned to sell on Plopsy.

63GinX8.png

By the time I was finished, the thunderstorm had resumed, so I hightailed it back to my place as fast as I could.
    Hi All!

I have been trying to get screenshots for my story, which is taking awhile, but now I am going to take some time to comment on your stories. Thank you for all your comments on mine. Have a great day/night all! :)

@Ellupelluellu -
    So nice to see you back! And look at that, in the very first chapter, lovely Sakura makes an appearance, and mentors Oona on fishing. *sniff* I miss that girl. I understand about thinking about Wolfgang when you see a post by me. Wolfgang and Sakura had quite the tale last year! lol Anyway, Oona is doing so well on fishing already. Was that a salmon she caught? Geez...I don't think any of my sims have ever caught that on their first try. And there is Oona planting on her lot, and I see the outline there for the tiny house. Just love that final screenie in your post! Awesome job so far Oona.

@RememberJoy -
    July 10 - I have been reading all your posts and really love how Adam started from scratch and is working up to his new container home. Ahhh...and Adam is missing Kaori. Nice work on the house, Adam, and yes, I could see him opening a second hand store. I love that outfit on him, by the way, suits him well.

July 11 - Adam sure had helpful neighbors and meets some new ones. And he gets the promotion - congrats! He really is gung-ho about designing those plans, and Bess does give some good suggestions. Good luck with the plan, Adam. Love how he has the cat hangout lot trait, and even buys them a food dispenser. Ahhh...that's sweet. Love how the spellcaster just swooped in to throw a drink in Adam's face! lol

July 12 - Looks like the warehouse has been renovated and it looks beautiful. And they used Adam's idea for the covered eating area in the plan. Oh my gosh! So great! I bet Adam was thinking about Kaori as he sat there sipping his coffee and wished she was there to see this. She would have been proud of Adam. Oh, making some candles to sell on plopsy. Good idea!

@LegacySims2017 -
    I love the daily shot of Tartosa. It is such a pretty world. Wonderful wedding planner for Paige and DJ. Oh and DJ has been nominated for an award for his Salty Suds commercial! Cool! I bought that pack and actually love the backyard in the Markovic household. Perfect intimate wedding set-up. Really like how you revamped the wedding venue areas. It will most definitely be a very romantic wedding for the two of them.

@Karababy52 -
    July 9 - Had to comment on this one...Werewolf Cale and Sandy doing the "bad" deed in werewolf form! lol I wonder if a little baby wolf is on the way! hehehe

July 11 - Where Sandy is obsessed with that yoga mat in your game, Cale is obsessed with it in mine...and they both freeze! teehee Ah, teens trying to figure out how to get even with the bully. But Cale is right, they don't want to become Lance. I like the greenhouse. Cale will be happy in there. Oh, and he finds the cure already! Cool.

@afai1261 -
    Oh my gosh! Look at Aaron in his werewolf form, and he is mad....really mad. When they are rampaging and then come out of it sort of reminds me of a Jekyll/Hyde connection. Poor Aaron, though, afterwards...he doesn't look too happy. Glad that Ricky is trying to get Kristopher to bond with Aaron through gardening. Maybe it will work.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    Oona Medicci, day 2

qApuAgY.png

I was Friday, nothing new, so I let pics (almost) talk for themselves.
    jfsbXVw.png
    2Q6l0ng.png
    dEN07jH.png
    gLbq3bi.png
    9izGdf0.png
    comon, that tomato is great breakfast, dont give me that face, young lady!!!
    XgQMMyK.png
    WNRHGCe.png
    KKecFHs.png
    SR6A4Py.png
    qApuAgY.png
    wA5Y9Ho.png

Replies and comments in the morning <3

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    July 11th Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    Hopefully I didn't spoil the pack too much for you. It's a beautiful island. You'll have fun exploring it on your own as well.

@RememberJoy
    I'm sure Knox was really trying to "organize" things in the dumpster. :lol: Organizing what he wants most likely. Just when Adam was going to have a good day after talking to Bess, things changed. The throwing of the water in the face from a spellcaster was funny. Unplanned? It works great for the story, though.

@Karababy52
    I think Joe is cheating. He's going online to look up answers to his homework assignment. :joy: Poor Sandy. She better get used to the howling inside the house. Especially if there's sounds coming from outside. She's got nothing to worry about, though. Cale and Jr. will keep 'em safe is werewolves to happen to show up. Good for Cale telling Jr. not to abuse his werewolf powers. And nice of Jr. not to rat on his brother stating it was his idea.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited July 2022
    July - Day 12: "Close Encounters of the Rage Kind..."

WO93Z56.png

Notes
    sdOumd0.png
    Uh, Sandy? Shouldn't you change into something a little less...revealing? The boys are still here since you're up so early.

xLflbP8.png
    That's better.
    (I liked the other outfit better.)
    I bet you did...Scratchy! Or are you Itchy?
    (Both!)

h1NF96f.png
    Jr. woke up and wandered into the kitchen looking so sad. He's going through another phase. The one where he's sad about everything and thinks it's time to wear black. Teenagers are so dramatic.
    "I can't get all these dark thoughts out of my head Mom. Help?"

zMzWjeI.png
    "Why don't you try going for a jog to clear your mind? It might help."
    "But, I'm grounded."
    "Oh, well, I don't think your Dad would disagree with a little jog. Just be back in 30 minutes."
    "Cool! Okay, I'll do that. Thanks Mom."
    "Anytime Sweetheart."

VxIE8XD.png
    Please tell me you did not go underground Jr.
    (What if I did?)
    o.O
    (Don't worry, I totally didn't.)
    I don't know if I believe you judging by that smirk.

f4KgiAp.png
    Typical teenage boy.
    (#lookitdeezguns!)

nkJgAXU.png
    Not your typical teenage boy. His rage was over the halfway mark and I was getting worried. Thankfully, the Somber Howl option showed up. He's good again for awhile.

fRCXmEM.png
    Cale had been doing more scavenging and found a really cool wolf figurine called Renga. Since he's a werewolf, he could decipher the writing on it.

KELQOIj.png
    "Hey Dad, whatcha doing? Oh wow, cool statue!"
    "I'm trying to decipher the writing on it."
    "Awesome, hey, did you know you've got a red aura around you? I think you're gonna rage soon. Shouldn't you go in the basement?"
    "Yeah, I know and I will, but I have some time yet."

ldgD0P9.png
    Cale now has the ability to use his enhanced scent to sniff out occults and treasure buried in the ground.

4FmnQbs.png
    When he's using it, somewhere nearby he'll see a scent cloud. If he digs there, he'll find some kind of treasure. He found three different wolf lore collectibles this way; the Renga, another smaller wolf one that goes with it and a tablet with cowplant symbols on it. He'll have to try to decipher those later. He's very close to raging now and needs to get to his rage/panic room STAT!

PcuMUWd.png
    After a little detour to kiss Sandy, of course.

425IDVg.png
    "I'll miss you while you're down there."
    "I won't be gone that long, I hope."

T5fdPmX.png
    "Alright, don't worry about anything, I'll take care of the boys."
    "I know you will. I won't be worried, all I feel during these episodes is anger and rage. It's exhausting."

TSzRDCc.png
    "I love you so much, I know you know that, but...I don't know, just felt like saying it again."
    "I do know, but I'll never get tired of hearing you say it. I love you too."

vngD5Sd.png
    "I hope you don't get TOO exhausted having your rage fit down there. The boys will be gone to school by the time you're over it. We'll be all alone.."

gPLfa1T.png
    "Just a little something to look forward to."

Sandy had no idea that she was making Cale's rage worse. While she was flirting with him, he got flirty too and his rage spiked. Go Cale, you have to go now before it's too late!

h8eSPep.png
    (This is the worst part of being a werewolf. I wish there was a better way to control it.)
    (You should talk to Kristopher again. I bet he'd be able to help.)
    (I will, soon...)

jVBTPBt.png
    Cale had a little bit of time before his rage went over the top, so he took a nap to rest up for...afterward.

d8PRal4.png
    Upstairs the boys were hanging out in the living room with Mom who was once again warming herself by a fire she'd started in the woodstove. Why Sandy? You have a thermostat now.

z9aCRSV.png
    Cale woke up from his nap and immediately smelled something delicious.
    (What is that? Um... *sniff* *sniff* STEAK!)

pEE9Afg.png
    (Too bad I can't have any since I'm stuck down here.)
    (Should I try another Somber Howl?)
    (Do you want to be sad again?)
    (It's better than raging, like Joe said. At least I'll be able to go back upstairs and be with Sandy!)

cTdtSm5.png
    Obviously the cool down timer was done and Cale could do this again! I'm so glad. His rage didn't go down all the way, but enough that he can safely go do something else besides wait to go on a rampage.

UjP0Wsi.png
    (Ugh! I'm sad again. This bites.)

Just call the Sadness Hotline, blog about it or cry it out in bed. You'll be fine.

(Yeah, maybe...)

ae9g24p.png
    Okay, well gardening will work too. He's very focused now which buries the sadness. Fantastic! Maybe this will keep his mind occupied for awhile instead of remembering what Sandy-

(SANDY!)

Cale took off at a run abandoning the idea of harvesting to find his lovely fiancée.

Opps! He heard me. Dangit! I guess he'll be raging sooner rather than later. I have a feeling this Flirty temperament is going to be his undoing one day. Ah well, you can't stop love and I wouldn't want to anyway. <3

I'll get started on comments/replies next! Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @SoulGal7
    hehe Well hey, had to try that at least once, right? ;) No, I have pregnancy disabled for the time being. No more little Conrads for awhile. Now, if Sandy should happen to become a werewolf too? All bets are off... ;)

Cale is too in your game? What a coincidence eh? So funny! Yes, I'm glad Cale gave Jr. that advice. He certainly does not want to be Lance, that's the last kind of werewolf any of them would want to be. Thanks, it's nothing special, very small, but Cale loves it and now Sandy can paint without freezing to death and the plants don't look like they're dead. Yep, he did find the cure, but shhh, we're pretending he didn't find it just yet. ;)

@Ellupelluellu
    Josh! Hey Buddy! Of course he's mentoring Oona. Can always count on Josh to be at most any fishing spot if he's in your game. The Dude loves fishing! Why the heck is Sean so angry though? Is he jealous that Oona is getting help and he isn't or something? hehe

Lovely shots of Oona sleeping and with her garden in her uniform! I don't blame her though for not enjoying that tomato. hehe My Mom loved tomato slices in her sandwiches and on burgers, but not me. I like them cooked in different dishes though, or raw in salsa, but that's different than taking a bite out of one like an apple. Ewww! hehe

Poor girl, I hope she gets enough money from her garden or Simmis soon to get her own bed!

@LegacySims2017
    Ohhh, hey, maybe you're right! That would explain why he had his schoolbook laying on the laptop! Tsk, tsk, tsk, Joe! hehe Yep, she needs to chill about the howling. She should know Cale and Jr. will keep them all safe from other wolves. :) I figured Cale would not stand for Jr. using his powers in that way. Especially considering how it would be a slippery slope to turning into a bad wolf like Lance. I think Jr. understands that now too. He was leery of doing it anyway.

Well, see, they're best friends and brothers, no way would he rat on his brother. They look out for each other. :) However, even then, he wouldn't have been off the hook since he snarled at Cale and was planning to do it.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited April 2023
    July 4
    dTyrSUbP_o.jpg
    I've been super stressed out for most of the day so I'm not in much of a mood to write story, but anyways...
    DyTPMSW.png
    R1w00qQ.png
    PFvdHW9.png

dj1kUUO.png
    oUF7F2s.png

While Aaron and Ricky were at the library, Ricky was rampaging...
    HpWjV8J.png

Aaron was taking a wolf nap upstairs...
    BeMqdLD.png

I was looking to see who would show up, and...
    Phoebe I love you but you're not supposed to be here! Yet, anyway ;)
    (So this did not happen in the story, obviously...)
    MVsn3I8.png
    Yes her eyes are brown here when they're meant to be grey - I think it's a glitch with the default eyes I use and it only happens for
    spellcasters
    but I believe I've fixed it now so her eyes shouldn't be randomly changing colour anymore :smiley:

I don't know why she was so mad but Wolfgang Wilder would be dead by now if looks could kill o.O
    WbJeqlD.png

She's just as bad as Aaron :joy:
    7Mvrc8z.png

Conan, you going to put some clothes on or...
    jtCjcZU.png

No? :D
    RAjVs3i.png

Aaron went outside to howl, and Luna howled along with him!
    pCigRIY.png
    Khqa3EE.png

In preparation for his next transformation, I locked him in the bathroom again so naturally he had to bring the soccer ball out again *rolls eyes*
    1pbCFfz.png
    63GNapQ.png
    7bnTuqz.png

Conan: You hear something in the bathroom?
    Ricky: No, why?
    kYi1EQv.png

foWoBqz.png
    qeYu9dg.png
    5QzmV8W.png

Oh and just a note: I actually ended up changing Aaron's beast form (yeah, again...) to distinguish him from the premade werewolf Lou Howell. While this new version won't be properly showing up for a few more updates, I still want to show it off now haha:
    KwZu8KX.png
    2VvLl76.png
    As you can see, I took a page out of Karababy52's book and decided to attempt incorporating Aaron's facial scar into the wolf design, as well as adding other facial markings. This is my first attempt ever at using the paint tool on a werewolf (I almost never use the version for pets either :D ) and I think it went well enough lol.

Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited July 2022
    So because I'm behind on comments again and still feel a bit stressed, I'm going to take some pressure off and only comment on everyone's most recent update (and do some replies too)

@Karababy52
    First off I need to say I absolutely love your new avatar with wolf Cale's cheeky smile, he's adorable lol.

HAHA yeah when I saw Ricky autonomously doing sit-ups in that exact spot I was disgusted! Like he couldn't have moved a metre away? :joy:
    Yup, that was exactly my vision for Conan! Right off the bat when I first created him I got such a strong youthful and energetic vibe from him, and he's meant to be just that, very happy-go-lucky :smiley:
    Indeed they can eat raw fish straight out of the inventory! It's very handy if they like fishing and don't have the hunting perk yet, they can just eat it then and there after they catch it.

Aaron is still a hothead, yes. Being a werewolf just exacerbates it :D Although I don't think he was *actually* angry in game, and I believe I made him scratch the bookshelves (I played that update over a week ago), but it makes for a good story ;)

Aaron's wolf form eyes are in game, not CC. I don't have any CC for wolf forms... yet. I changed his werewolf form again though LOL but the eyes are still the same. I realised after seeing Lou in one of your other updates that Aaron's wolf form looked way too similar to his in terms of colour and markings, so I changed up Aaron's wolf face to include an approximation of his scar like you did for Cale's (Cale's wolf form looks SO GOOD by the way <3 Love that you included his freckles too, I always forget that Aaron even has freckles HAHA). And then changed some other face details and stuff too.
    So no, that version of Aaron's beast form did not have any painting, it was all from the premade coat pattern that I chose for him, coincidentally the exact same as Lou's. Big OOPS lol

I'm really curious for what the story behind Cale joining the Wildfangs later will be!

I used to play so extensively with families and even then I almost never got the light that defends against the monster under the bed :D The only time it really bothered me was in my first attempt at the 100 baby challenge so I did use the lights in that, but there was a bug that prevented it from doing its job if any swatch other than the first one was used o.O I had the lights and everything and the monster STILL showed up!

I was really hoping that at least one of Aster's children would inherit her eyes! And yes, yet another of Cale's kids that looks a lot like him :D

Enjoy seeing Ricky around in your game when you do get a chance to download him! <3
    The version I'm playing in this save does have body hair (and LOTS of it ;) ) and a CC beard though. Plus eyelashes of course.

My idea to get them back together is still so vague... and also really dumb... :joy: I need to get them back together soon though o.O

Thank you again for saying that <3 it's comments like that that make writing story for this all worth it, even if I can't keep up the momentum of writing great story every single day. I'm having so much fun being able to write creatively for this challenge, and getting such a positive response is the best feeling in the world.

I love how you incorporated the in-game lore with Cale not being able to read the headstone. As soon as Junior said that he could I was like "Aha!" :D
    It was also Cale's reaction with the (Okay Mr. Big Bad Wolf, guess you're not so bad anymore if that's you buried back there huh?) that made me laugh!

Werewolf toddlers ARE adorable! So I'm fully supportive of Cale and Sandy having a werewolf baby ;)

No worries, just glad I could make someone happy with my comments :3

I wanted him to get transformation mastery but he must have scared someone (I'm pretty sure it was the dog lol) before I got him in there, since he transformed while outside. But he has transformation mastery now, after being locked in the bathroom again of course :D
    Huh, that's so interesting that they can get that temperament even if they don't have the ability to mark territory... Mark territory was the second perk I got for Aaron so I wasn't surprised he got that temperament too.
    HAHA love how you faked Junior doing it :D

I'm pretty sure he started mopping up autonomously! I mean I was going to make him do it anyway but great that he realised it was gross all on his own haha.
    I've no idea why Kristopher was tense, but I was glad that he did go over to chat with the plants to save Aaron from talking to him LOL.
    I'm glad you like Ricky's wolf look, I didn't really do too much with it though.

~~~

I know I said I was only going to comment on most recent updates, but I need to comment on this one:
    Jun 9: Like I said before I love Cale's wolf look and how you included his scar! It's such an integral part of him that of course he had to have it in his wolf form too! I initially wasn't sure whether or not to do that with Aaron, especially considering that Cale's had his scar for the whole challenge and Aaron only just got his. But I did end up deciding that Aaron's wolf face needed to represent this new part of him now too, so he has an approximation of the scars crossing his face in his wolf form.
    Those eyes are absolutely stunning too <3
    "You're such a dog Cale."
    "You always say that, but I really am now. Ohhh Yeahhh! Shall we?"
    Not surprised that Cale was immediately ready for woohoo :smirk: Also the title of the update? Perfection!

Jul 12: Opening the spoiler and seeing Sandy's outfit.... Oh myyyyyy! :joy:
    Cale's (I liked the other outfit better) - HAHAHA of course he did :D
    The collectibles in the pack from scavenging and the way they all fit together to form the lore is so cool, I love the Renga figurine!
    Rage room is a very good idea!
    Cale woke up from his nap and immediately smelled something delicious.
    (What is that? Um... *sniff* *sniff* STEAK!)
    I don't know why I found this funny but I needed to say that I did :joy:

@LegacySims2017
    Jul 3: Congrats to DJ for his accolades nomination!
    Ooh, what a great way to tie in MWS! While I have no intention of getting the pack myself, it is fun to see DJ and Paige working with a wedding planner in Tartosa. Also the pack totally should have come with a wedding planner career!
    The wedding retail store looks great, and DJ looks incredible in that suit!

@SoulGal7
    Jun 2: Poor Velma losing her guitar to the fire!
    Dylan and Morgan's 'hug' looks suspiciously like a kiss... (alright I assume that they have actually been kissing behind the scenes, and my assessment of them being soulmates without having ever kissed in my comments for a previous update was obviously wrong lol)
    HAHA omg DJ :joy::joy:
    EW Paolo is there, gross!

- (Don't ask me why Hunter is shirtless. This is how he showed up.)
    AARON-AND-HUNTER.png
    It's because he's meant to be wearing a top from a pack you don't have, in this case Moschino Stuff. He's also without shoes in the same outfit; this is because the boots I dressed him in are from that same stuff pack. Free feel to just dress him in a random blue coat or something for this outfit, and black boots. Although I'm pretty sure the version I uploaded to the gallery does have a second cold-weather outfit from a pack you do have (the only problem is, I don't remember if he does or not or if it's even from a pack you have... sorry about that!), in which case you could just delete this outfit with the missing clothing.

YUCK PAOLO :rage:
    Good, get your stupid butt away from Morgan! (Yes I still hate Paolo LOL)
    Congrats to everyone for finishing university with some amazing grades! :smiley:
    But no congrats to the mob members for finding Dylan's house... :grimace:

@RememberJoy
    Jul 12: Oh, wow! I've never played Eco Lifestyle extensively enough to even see what the different community spaces look like, so it's really cool to see the Maker Space in your update!
    Nice that Adam met up with Tina again. Very awesome for Adam, seeing his own idea for the eating area come to life!
    Also glad to see that he's not burning himself so much at the candle-maker anymore :joy:

@Ellupelluellu
    Day 1: Yay, Yamachan pictures again :joy:
    And catching a salmon (I think) already, awesome start Oona!
    Oh Sean, you grumpy boy :D
    Love that last picture of the moon!
    Good luck Oona! :smiley:

Day 2: Poor Oona, being forced to eat fresh produce for breakfast :joy: A tomato, very nutritious ;) I remember making Aaron eat spoiled hotdogs for breakfast when he was in Mount Komorebi once LOL
    That garden is looking great already!
    SR6A4Py.png
    I don't know why but seeing Sean stomping up the path to fish with his sister is so funny to me :D
    Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited July 2022
    @afai1261 -
    quote: Dylan and Morgan's 'hug' looks suspiciously like a kiss... (alright I assume that they have actually been kissing behind the scenes, and my assessment of them being soulmates without having ever kissed in my comments for a previous update was obviously wrong lol)

Ha! Ha! No...seriously, there is no behind-the-scenes kissing between Morgan and Dylan. It's killing me, but they haven't had their first kiss yet. However, it will be soon, very soon (next chapter), and I will indeed show the screenie so that you know it's their very first kiss together. hehe...staying true to the storyline here. And yes, they are soulmates without even kissing. These two are really destined to be together.

You see, below are the possible interactions when I click on Morgan to do with Dylan, and vice versa. Yep, so no first kiss as yet.
    dykan-s-first-kiss-interaction-with-morgan.png
    morgan-interactions-with-dylan-first-kiss.png
    Hi All! Commenting on your stories. Have a great day/night :)

@Ellupelluellu -
    Oh, and look who showed up to mentor Oona fishing! :) Look at Sean coming down that pathway looking mad. I laughed at that and his face while he was fishing! Ah, teens, gotta love 'em with all their emotions! lol

@afai1261 -
    July 4 - I love the part where Aaron howls and so does Luna! lol Congrats for unlocking the transformation mastery, and Lunar Epiphany. I love Aaron's new werewolf look that you did for him. :)

@Karababy52 -
    Good idea to have that rage room, and nice that he found those collectibles and is trying to decipher them now. And downstairs he is in the rage room and smells steak...lol Gosh...got me smelling steak, too, now! lol Glad they have that somber howl to bring the rage down, but bummer he is sad...well, gardening will help...as will having some "alone time" with Sandy! hehehe

@Karababy52 ,
    Thank you for your comments :) Hey hey, Im the opposite, love tomatoes, like last summer i had full jungle of those in my balcony, so... my sims have to love tomatoes too :D
    Josh is having a Joey syndrome, why i pictured him only top showing, hihi.. he had pants by darte77 and i have not those in my mods folder atm... so you can imagine how .. eh.. funny situation the fishing mentoring was :D
    oh, yeah, that new Greg.. not in my game, I chnge his name, I have one already :)

day 11, poor laptop, homework , then eating platform :P
    Funny that still she gets scared after hearing howling, and lives with wolves :P
    Similar than vampires sometimes get terrified when they see other one bite :) and yeah, girl, next howling was behind your back xD
    Oh, yoga mats are like that, good that she has not started any fires with that stove :) I mean before upgrades.
    I really love the greenhouse ! <3
    Oh.. cure... is it a drink like with vampires?
    day 12, lots of wolf stuff i still know very little about :) But now I know , I will be needing certain visual mods :) Great update and lovely pictures!

@SoulGal7 ,
    Thank you for your comments :) hehe yes Sakura shows up to almost every time someone is fishing. And yeah, i have never been such good fish luck with any newbie to it before, mentored or not :)

June 2, oooh fire!
    Good thing all were into it, and that room is big, no stuff right next to fireplace :)
    guitar and dartsboard, could be much worse!
    haha, naked student at bar night , of course :P
    Good that Dylan showed Paolo his place! Paolo is my first choice when have to delete male townies.
    Morgan was clearly too drunk.

@LegacySims2017 ,
    Thank you for your comments :) No, not spoiling of the world at all, I would not be in forums if I try to find out all myself! Love to see your pictures from Tartosa.
    haha , yeah, maybe Sean tries to support Oona, just not yet doing it so well :P

@afai1261 ,
    Thank you for your comments :) hehe I had to include Seans arrival to fish spot because I thought it was funny too :P
    seeing Aarons doings is interesting, but as I said to Karababy, I know so little if all of the function of the pack, as I was not around when it was announced or released , so its hard for me to comment :)
    Phoebe is super cute <3
    great jop with the wolf form!

July 13th: Building a better smog vacuum

Today's Accomplishments:
    Master Maker
    - Recycle 5 times
    - Have 5 dyes

U9n8JNT.png
    So I returned to the Maker Space to continue on my candle making spree.

PH7HilX.png

I decided to try my hand at a mold candle, but found they weren't nearly as involved as dipped candles, so I spent the majority of the time standing there waiting for the wax to harden.

SlcwOLB.png

At least a fabrication expert came over to give me a few pointers, that was nice.

hrUrdkE.png

After that I went back up to the recycler to get more materials to fabricate with.

bSwpPt6.png

As I was doing that, I suddenly had an idea for a vacuum that I could use to suck the soot off all that burnt furniture I'd found. I pulled out my tablet and got to work sketching out my design.

vql0BIO.png

Perfect!

There was only one hitch in my plan, now I had to face an old enemy, the fabricator.

I approached the machine confidently, showing no fear, and plugged my tablet into it to upload the design. I hit start and the machine whirled to life.

U9n8JNT.png

Everything went smoothly this time and soon I was admiring my invention. Now to try it!

I returned to my lot and pointed the nozzle at a burnt crate. With a deep breath I turned on my contraption and the soot began to come off!

KNU1gmK.png

Yes!

A few minutes later I was standing next to a perfectly clean crate, wishing I had someone other than the cats to show it off to.

QEetoaC.png

Tomorrow the real work begins.

KUNWLnO.png

(Sorry it's so dark, that's all the burnt furniture Adam's dug out of the dumpsters)
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @afai1261 -
    quote: Dylan and Morgan's 'hug' looks suspiciously like a kiss... (alright I assume that they have actually been kissing behind the scenes, and my assessment of them being soulmates without having ever kissed in my comments for a previous update was obviously wrong lol)

Ha! Ha! No...seriously, there is no behind-the-scenes kissing between Morgan and Dylan. It's killing me, but they haven't had their first kiss yet. However, it will be soon, very soon (next chapter), and I will indeed show the screenie so that you know it's their very first kiss together. hehe...staying true to the storyline here. And yes, they are soulmates without even kissing. These two are really destined to be together.

You see, below are the possible interactions when I click on Morgan to do with Dylan, and vice versa. Yep, so no first kiss as yet.
    dykan-s-first-kiss-interaction-with-morgan.png
    morgan-interactions-with-dylan-first-kiss.png

@SoulGal7
    They were definitely doing a kiss and not either of the hugging animations* though. I have seen sims kissing autonomously before the official "first kiss" - in two separate generations of the Straud Legacy-Bachelor challenge, in fact.
    First instance I ever heard of it was Rowan's bachelor on day 10 (the official first kisses with each of the three finalists weren't until chapter 11). It also happened in his daughter Nemesis' own bachelorette, though I can't be bothered finding which day that was lol

Oh, so Dylan's dreams of him and Morgan about to kiss were staged in a different save then, I assume?

* Animation comparison (featuring Nemesis Straud, her sister Amora and my Eden Valentine) -
    Friendly hug:
    vM9d3Re.png

Embrace:
    sAN1olw.png

Kiss:
    iAz7Xwa.png
    Notice the hand positions?
    And from the other angle... it looks a little like this:
    dylan-and-morgan-hug-after-the-fire.png
    The Dylan/Morgan animation is slightly misaligned so it doesn't look like their lips are touching but Dylan's interaction queue would have said kiss I'm pretty sure
    edited July 2022
    July - Day 13: "Suffering ends when we stop fearing things that we can't avoid..."

BXE2lkF.png

Notes
    G8tIEzq.png
    Cale is now a Prime wolf! He got another temperament as a result and I could not help laughing my butt off when I saw what it involved! Ironic eh? I'm guessing he still has residuals from when he had the hot-headed and mean traits so that's why he ended up with this one. o.O

I noticed the difference right away. After he did some more scavenging, I had him decipher these figurines and then he growled and snarled at them. Notice the red around him? Yeah, his rage meter is almost full and he can't do anything about it this time.

eu9JphZ.png
    Here's the full set of the four wolf figurines! They're my new second favorite collectibles, I love them! My favorite will always be the Crystal Zoomer brooms though.

WQZBmSp.png
    Cale gave his family a heads-up on his condition and then locked himself in a rage room in the basement. Look at that face! o.O

XZusZDQ.png
    Within moments he changed into his werewolf form fully enraged.

w2Lb7Yv.png
    He looks ready to rip someone a new one.

aPyPWek.png
    Cale has had the 'try to resist the rage' perk for a long time, but hasn't had to try using it until now. Somber Howl has been keeping the rage at bay to this point, but it's not an option. Come on Cale, you can do it! Resist!

JzO5kmc.png
    Is it working? I can't tell at this point.

j3d5vzc.png
    Nope, it didn't work. Oh boy, fasten your seatbelts kids...

gl10dff.png
    He looks ready to rumble. At this point I gave him full autonomy to see what he would do. I know from experience in another werewolf save if your Sim doesn't have autonomy, they're just stand there and do nothing. Not a bad thing, but I'm curious...

ncNdS1p.png
    Whoa! His eyes started to glow purple, I think the show's about to start.

88cgKxo.png
    Bye bye bed, nice to know you. Same thing happened to the couch and chair, over and over again. I kind of wish he'd actually be able to rip them apart like it looks in the animation instead of just getting scratched up a little.

OKn3M8M.png
    Big Bad Wolf indeed! Wow! I'm thinking about making this my new avy. Those eyes! Holy Simoly, if looks could kill... *gulp* He certainly doesn't look like a 'cute' wolf in this shot. He looks mean, sinister and terrifying! Glad he's locked in the basement.

t1mGyMC.png
    A few hours later, it was over.

csygmPY.png
    Cale was starving and grabbed a bite to eat when he returned upstairs. It's no wonder considering the rage filled energy expended tearing into that furniture. Poor guy has a massive headache too.

DbT1Db2.png
    He's still feeling a bit angry as well and started to growl and snarl, maybe because of the headache? I'm guessing it's really the new temperament.

q1SV0yM.png
    "Are you okay?"
    "Not really. I have a horrible headache for one thing and I feel like I want to beat somebody up, like I NEED to. I need to do something to get rid of this anger."
    "Maybe try boxing? I know you said it helped you with your anger issues in the past."
    "Worth a try."

3lVC6ql.png
    Cale began aggressively whaling on the punching bag trying to get rid of all his pent up anger.

nKhFuXs.png
    After awhile, it seemed to really help him. A bonus with this is the temperament says he'll need to fight/spar others to keep his aggression in check, but being angry will make the rage meter increase. While Cale was boxing, the rage meter stayed in a static position. I think boxing counts for 'fighting' in this instance. Whew!

Vl2E4co.png
    "Thanks for the suggestion Babe, it worked, I feel a lot better now."
    "Good, glad I could help."

I'm very proud of Sandy. A little while later after this shot, Cale's meter was increasing substantially, thankfully though he could again do a Somber Howl to lower it. When he did, Sandy didn't freak out at all, she actually got a cheeky look on her face and was acting confident. She's learning. :)

jQLMdno.png
    I had Cale do more scavenging since I'm hoping he'll be able to find all those wolf lore collectibles that fit on the special shelves. While he was doing that, he gained another point and can now go hunting for food. He came back with 3 raw steaks. He ate one and since the boys were now home from school and hungry...

gIWXP3E.png
    He gave one to Jr. who absolutely adored it! Fresh meat! They all still sit at this computer desk and read or eat there for some reason. *sigh*

8VQsfpQ.png
    While the boys did there homework and then some fun activities and Sandy worked on painting a landscape, Cale went to visit the Moonwood Collective pack. When he arrived, they had a visitor, Nikolas Masters! He's a vampire so naturally all the werewolves don't like him. They were staying away from him, ignoring him and kept getting red minuses above their heads. Poor guy, he's a nice vampire. Notice he's cleaning that nasty grill for them. Thanks Nik!
    (Hmpf, I don't think they appreciate my efforts, why do I even bother?)

Ckc5VAp.png
    Since Monday is a full moon, I had Cale go ahead and ask to join the pack. He did three trials and was eagerly accepted by Kristopher. I had originally sent him there just to spar with his friends, get some advice about how to control rage, etc. Kristopher gave him some pack mentorship after he was accepted. Cale also contributed a duplicate wolf figurine to the pack's resources.

Tomorrow he'll bring Jr. over to see if he'd like to join the pack as well.

BTa6cPq.png
    "Now see here, I would appreciate a thank you! Please cease and desist ignoring my presence."

Nice try Nik, but you're uh, 'barking up the wrong tree.' ;)

7iYHaBA.png
    I thought about having Cale do a Supernatural Smackdown with Nik, I'm sure he would've thoroughly enjoyed it. But he's a part of the Moonwood Collective now, they frown on such things. Perhaps I'll have him use his Werewolf Diplomacy and ask for sympathy. You never know, it might work. For now, he's just ignoring Nik taking a clue from his packmates. He's too happy at the moment anyway to think about fighting anyone.

I'm looking forward to the full moon during their Monday night, but I'm not at the same time. It's taken too long to finish this initial aspiration and he'll be able to move on then. However, I have a feeling both Cale and Jr. will be raging all night. Oh boy...
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my July 13th post above! I'll get started on comments next! I hope y'all had a fantastic day/night! <3
    @afai1261
    Wow, Congrats to Aaron for finding all the between portal exits, fantastic! Yay! He now has Lunar Epiphany too. Lots to learn and cool stuff in those books! Man, don't they look adorable all curled up sleeping like that? I love the wolf nap! <3

Oh, Hi Phoebe! What a bummer of a glitch with the eye color for her though. The looks she's serving Wolfgang. hehe Hey! Let the man sit around in his skivvies if he wants to. I'm not mad about it. hehe

Oh how cute is that! I heard dogs would howl with their masters that way. Very cool! :)

Yep, not surprised he whips out that soccer ball. Oh well, at least he got to have a bit of fun before his rampage! Hehe Come on Ricky, you know what's going on in that bathroom. Cool as a cucumber, that's Ricky. ;) Congrats to Aaron for mastering transformation now!
    Oh I love that you gave Aaron his scars on his wolf form, they look great! It was only my second time ever using the paint tool, but the first at any length. I just put a star stamp on a cat's forehead once. That's not really 'painting' anything though. ;)

Thanks about my avatar of Cale's wolf form. I had a lot of fun making it for him. :) I'm thinking about using one of my most recent screenshots to make another one though. You did a good job with Conan if that was your intention because that's exactly how his personality seems to me.

Good to know about the fish! I'll have to try to remember that with my Rags to Riches wolves. Ah, okay, I figured he was still a hothead. Yep, it does make for good story material having them scratch stuff. I haven't had Cale or Jr. do that though, yet. Just while they're rampaging.

Not CC eyes for Aaron, okay. I personally didn't like any of the default eyes on Cale so went looking for some CC for him. I really like the ones I'm using now. And thanks again about Cale's wolf form. :) I think you did a magnificent job on Aaron's too! I thought Cale's wolf looked like Kristopher at first, but seeing them side-by-side, nope, not even close.

Well, see, I'm not sure he'll even do that aspiration. I might not have time. I had an idea for it, but I'll probably just have him stick with the Moonwood Collective, do that aspiration, the Diplomacy one and the Cure one. I don't see Cale as a Lone Wolf or a Wildfang.

Ugh, glad my Sims never had that problem with the monster lights! I probably would've ended up giving them double beds in that case. hehe

No worries about Ricky, I can give him almost all those things you mentioned and perhaps I even have his beard. I have lots of facial hair lately. :)

You're very much welcome! It's well deserved, you're a great writer in my opinion. I enjoy reading your creativity so I'm glad you enjoy writing it. It does help to get positive comments, yes. It's very motivating for sure. Even if it's just a 'great job' that makes me happy. :)

Spur of the moment with the thing where Cale couldn't read the tombstone. I had him look at it and then thought, oh no, he's not supposed to know until he rescues Jr. What to do, what to do? Oh, I know! ;) hehe I couldn't resist that 'Big Bad Wolf' line and now it's SO ironic considering the temperament Cale got! HAHA!

Glad you're supportive, but it probably won't happen. Just so you know. :)

Perfectly in line with Aaron's personality he'd clean up his own mess so I'm not surprised he did autonomously. :)

I agree, Aaron needed those scars, you made the right decision. :)

HAHA! Yep, that's Cale, loves to woohoo as we all know. He IS a dog! LOL! Oh, that title was for Sandy. She was a little scared to try doing that with Cale, but was so glad she did in the end. hehe

hehe, I don't know why I even put that screenshot in there of him sniffing the air, but I thought he looked funny doing it so had to come up with something he was thinking to go a long with it. ;) Glad you thought it was funny.

@SoulGal7
    I really enjoy the collectibles in this pack, especially how they come in sets. Very cool! Thanks about the Rage rooms. I had to do something so they didn't keep destroying all their good stuff. hehe Oh yea, he definitely wasn't sad for long after those two 'activities.' ;)

@Ellupelluellu
    You're welcome and thank you for yours! :) Ohhh, that's right, I forgot about your balcony garden until you said that.

HAHA! Joey Syndrome! Oh man, yeah, no wonder you had to position it that way. I don't think Josh would've liked to uh, bare it all. 'That' is something only for Essa to see. hehe

Thanks for the reminder about Greg, I have not renamed mine yet, meant to do that. I will now though next time I go in game.

Yeah they're laptops sure get a workout eh? Sandy doesn't get scared now. At least she didn't the last time Cale did a Somber Howl. She actually got confident for some reason. Weird... o.O

Gah! That's the reason I had Cale upgrade those, I was afraid one of these times her luck was going to run out and she would start a fire. o.O

Nope, not a drink, it comes in a bottle similar to the medicine. :)

Thanks about my update, I'm sure you'll catch on quickly with the pack. It's lots of fun. So much lore in it, I love that! <3
    Made this new avy for Cale's raging werewolf form, should I use it?

N7AdoZL.png

Or do y'all like the other one better?

FrMGJlK.png
    @Karababy52 ,
    Hahaha, now finally something i hoped to see!

i know i as one of the loudest to want the pack, it was not for me to play anytime soon with them,, more like my vampires needed their counterparts, werevolves, and seeing all cute furrs was so dissapointing. why im all in for scarier avatar <3

hi Nik! I know you are deep indown feeling the same, right?

now i just need working hybrids, and my vampire diaries is all set <3

I love that picture of nick, when moon in background <3

July 14th: The Harvest Fest Wars

kRs7xjp.png
    I was heading to the shower when I noticed three newcomers waiting there for me.

mUQi0CS.png

Oh crap, it must be Harvest Fest again.

Well here goes nothing.
    I presented a future cube I'd dug out of the trash to a grim reaper gnome, because you know, the future is usually not known in that regard. But apparently Grim didn't agree because a red flame appeared above his head.

uKTxkmV.png

Dang it!

Normally I would have tried to appease it, but not today! I focused all my current frustrations into a good swift kick that ended that gnome's existence for good. It was kind of ironic actually.

9ZeXQ9V.png

I found my small act of violence strangely invigorating, so I let out an evil cackle for emphasis.

1HvD92s.png

I turned around and was about to leave when I heard a swooshing sound, and when I turned back, found my actions had angered the remaining gnomes resulting in them calling in reinforcements!

IldzAT8.png

They teleported into a circle around me, flames dancing above their heads, and vengeance blazing in their plastic eyes. It was on!

6gV5aE2.png

I ran up to the bunny gnome and punted it into the next lot before turning and crushing the s'more gnome.

9KLo0hs.png

I laughed again, kind of enjoying this, when the remaining gnomes once again teleported to new locations around me. Nice try!

bRa0If0.png

I zeroed in on the naked gnome and let it have it before turning and taking out the last remaining enemy combatant.

6CWp2ru.png

Victory!

037zGSd.png

They even left behind a few collectables in their rubble; a glowing egg, fossil, and gem. Perhaps they were peace offerings?
    Well, as much fun as that had been, I now needed to clean up a sizable mess. Back to work.

lGvSNt6.png

At this point my stomach was making loud rumbling noises, so I rummaged through the trash for a Harvest Fest meal. I found some cake, but deemed it even too far gone for me, so I threw it back and settled on some Bunuelos.

LUHqbKv.png

It was at this point I suddenly had an overwhelming wave of longing wash over me to see Kaori and Carol again, causing me to let out an anguished cry.

f6u2iih.png

I sat down and ate my meal, but any enthusiasm I'd had was now gone. I tried to share some food with the strays, but even they didn't seem to want to share a meal with me today. Sigh.

KUg6p0u.png

To cheer myself up, I pulled out my smog vacuum and began to clean off some of my charred furniture. I started with a tire chair that had been struck by lightening as well as the table holding my broken TV.

GVLRYEg.png

Then I returned to the stacks of furniture I kept on the side of my lot and cleaned up an upper bunk bed, an island counter, and a stool, before my machine ran out of juice.

8lR2sEW.png
    ucdKE3Q.png

It runs on compost, so back to the dumpsters it is!

yLUrxgf.png

I sorted through the trash for a few more hours and managed to find a few nice things in the process. My highlight though was finding a bike in almost perfect condition. From now on I was going to be traveling in style!

dmyctFU.png

I decided to take it on a test ride to the bar, and after a quick shower, jumped on and rode it the short distance over.

RzHrHxw.png

While there I might as well go in and get a real meal. I ordered my usual and chatted up the bar maid who kept looking at me in a strange way.

UPK6UYx.png

When a familiar face sat down next to me, I decided I'd had enough and excused myself.

Jp38RlI.png

Back at home I lugged my new furniture into my crate house and climbed up onto the top bunk to enjoy a good night's sleep.

5IImyk1.png

Overall not the worst Harvest Fest I'd ever had, but perhaps the strangest.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top