Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should they add more trashy stuff?

The stuff in the werewolves pack look great for a rags to riches challenge, and would sort of like more stuff like that. Makeshift furniture, off the grid stuff, things from the garbage, maybe beach bum stuff? At least then, it looks like you really are living in rags.

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The more less perfect stuff the better it's so hard to make a Sim look like a slob or poor everything is perfect and brand-new looking.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    edited July 2022
    Makeshift furniture! More woodworking please!
    old version furniture ,floor and wallpaper from city living is good thing but not many.
    I like old bed from dumpster in eco living but wish for more of them though
    Wouldn't be better if there is perfect version and used one
    Or they just make more worn out swap
    Post edited by Ararine on
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    If others want it, I'm not super against it. It just isn't really my aesthetic. It has its places, but it will never be something I use a lot of so it won't ever excite me.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    The only problem I have with grungy and makeshift furniture is that it still costs a lot of money, if you sell it you can buy perfectly fine looking furniture at the same cost.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited July 2022
    Calico45 wrote: »
    If others want it, I'm not super against it. It just isn't really my aesthetic. It has its places, but it will never be something I use a lot of so it won't ever excite me.

this

although I wish they added those broken windows from shellhouses in moonwood mill as base update i could do with some of those

and i still kinda miss the staircase from makin' magic

idk kinda like abandoned n spooky is cool to me but i don't particularily need more trash kinda vibe
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Another thing they could add is a makeshift dew collector and windmill. I mean, the junky house has metal windmills, solar panels, and dew collectors? It looks more like someone has a lot of money but neglects the house.
  • BlueBananaSimsBlueBananaSims Posts: 51 Member
    Yes! I absolutely love love LOVE making trashy homes and putting them on the gallery for "house-flipping", it's honestly the most fun I have in the game and the Werewolves pack added perfectly to that
    Another little thing they could add is boarded walls and maybe some sort of skill to make DIY stuff, like whittling or carving, metal working, etc.
  • equiiaddictequiiaddict Posts: 24 Member
    Yes! They need more run-down/"trashy" looking furniture and decorations.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Absolutely!! This pack only touched the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more trash and trashy things to be had!😁😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Ararine wrote: »
    Makeshift furniture! More woodworking please!
    old version furniture ,floor and wallpaper from city living is good thing but not many.
    I like old bed from dumpster in eco living but wish for more of them though
    Wouldn't be better if there is perfect version and used one

I really want to make old trashy stuff too. But stuff that looks really run down.
    The eco stuff was too clean lol
    It would be excellent for horror storytelling. Even Spooky Stuff was mostly clean. I wonder if they could do a very out-of-the-box Dumpster Dive pack?

No pun intended. :p
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    my answer is no what the sims4 needs is more neatness in game and i much prefer as a player to see a nice clean world in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Yes - plenty more of this (or at least trashy/dirty swatches). Rags and bones, please.
    Any specific items they could consider?

Like, I want wooden windmills and very basic dew collectors you can only get through crafting.
  • patrickcreatespatrickcreates Posts: 38 Member
    I would looooove this!

The werewolves pack has such wonderfully designed and unique items, but they're honestly kind of tough to integrate into most builds. They just don't match enough packs, or even base game, to make much use out of. I'd love having an expanded assortment of makeshift/broken/found objects... I think they'd be useful for so many styles of build/play.

I think a couple new furniture sets could do wonders. Certain base game build items could be updated with worn paint/cracked glass/etc. These two updates + the use of debug items would really transform the aesthetic and atmosphere of our builds entirely.
    Check out my YouTube channel for weekly speed builds and commentary on The Sims 4 :blush:
    YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/PatrickFilms
    Sims Twitter: https://bit.ly/PatrickTweets
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    News papers and folded out boxes as a beach towel look, sleeping bags like in the Sims 3 for those who can't afford homes are some things I would like. I've been very critical of the Sims 4 before it ever came out, but liked the Werewolf pack a whole lot more than what I thought I would. The world, that mirror, the grunge of the clothes/buy, the wolves themselves which is one improvement that Sims 4 has made over Sims 3. I think these things could probably be added as appropriate to other packs without wasting a pack though. There's still so much I would like and with Sims 5 in a few years and getting next to no packs each year compared to the all the time content of the Sims 3, Sims 3 store, and the Sims 3 offering 3-10 times more stuff in EPs ect. I just would rather packs mean something. Might make a good kit though. Liked gameplay vacuum kit and about the last two kits and the plant one, but the ones with clothes and in the middle not as much. Kits should have out there stuff. About 3 of those clothing ones I will probably never buy because it looks like what we have in CAS already or not needed; we don't have airports.
  • userafwuserafw Posts: 34 Member
    > @Gamer_34567544 said:
    > The stuff in the werewolves pack look great for a rags to riches challenge, and would sort of like more stuff like that. Makeshift furniture, off the grid stuff, things from the garbage, maybe beach bum stuff? At least then, it looks like you really are living in rags.

Yes, as long as it is cheaper or can be fixed up. The dumpster would be a great place to find stuff like this. Like a worn rug, a shop vac, candle holders, books, plastic drawers, mugs, dog eared books, old electronics that don’t work anymore, various clutter items like you find in thrift stores, old shoes, tattered umbrellas, stained pillows, or t shirts. Also things like newspaper boxes where you can buy newspapers to make into hats, paper planes, book covers, or indoor floor mats, or read comics and do sudoku or crosswords or read random ads, maybe call their classifieds section “Simslist”.
    userafw wrote: »
    > @Gamer_34567544 said:
    > The stuff in the werewolves pack look great for a rags to riches challenge, and would sort of like more stuff like that. Makeshift furniture, off the grid stuff, things from the garbage, maybe beach bum stuff? At least then, it looks like you really are living in rags.

Yes, as long as it is cheaper or can be fixed up. The dumpster would be a great place to find stuff like this. Like a worn rug, a shop vac, candle holders, books, plastic drawers, mugs, dog eared books, old electronics that don’t work anymore, various clutter items like you find in thrift stores, old shoes, tattered umbrellas, stained pillows, or t shirts. Also things like newspaper boxes where you can buy newspapers to make into hats, paper planes, book covers, or indoor floor mats, or read comics and do sudoku or crosswords or read random ads, maybe call their classifieds section “Simslist”.

This. Thank you, exactly where I'm going.
    userafw wrote: »
    > @Gamer_34567544 said:

I love this!!🥰🥰
    Now Strangerville came with some stuff, too- a strange, spilled liquid, papers all over, a makeshift bath tub, a barrel for a trash bin... I just wish there was more.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes, we need more sad, curbside rescue looking couches, loveseats, and easy chairs. We need more run-down T.V. Stands, and more broke-down beds, and more jacked-up counters/cabinets, and wood floors that are all scuffed up and dull from neglect, and ratty linoleum that's seen better days, and wall textures with rips and stains built in, and wall chip decals that show a different color of paint/wall paper underneath, and cracked/boarded-up windows, and rubble we can use in and around abandoned buildings. Not to mention more graffiti, bathroom stalls with stickers and graffiti all over them, sideways-leaning paintings, carpet with patches that are worn down to the wood/concrete floor beneath...Less shiny and new, more gritty and grimy!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
    Yes, we need more sad, curbside rescue looking couches, loveseats, and easy chairs. We need more run-down T.V. Stands, and more broke-down beds, and more jacked-up counters/cabinets, and wood floors that are all scuffed up and dull from neglect, and ratty linoleum that's seen better days, and wall textures with rips and stains built in, and wall chip decals that show a different color of paint/wall paper underneath, and cracked/boarded-up windows, and rubble we can use in and around abandoned buildings. Not to mention more graffiti, bathroom stalls with stickers and graffiti all over them, sideways-leaning paintings, carpet with patches that are worn down to the wood/concrete floor beneath...Less shiny and new, more gritty and grimy!

I like the idea of graffiti!

Also wondering why we don't have more floor cracks, torn rugs, dusty toys, faded or ruined pictures... I mean, how old is, say, Vlad's house, and he never has a maid. Why isn't it completely disgusting? It has a few cracks and that's about it. To say nothing that I usually see a cat when I go to his house now...
  • Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    Doing some stuff listed would change the rating of the game from Mature to something else. Showing anything more with any violence, with graphic content; blood, bones, etc, it starts to become more gritty. Which I think is cool, but might play upon the younger audience's psyche. Real-world problems, how things deteriorate, etc. I would think it would be super cool if they added abandoned houses, where homeless sims and ghosts appear in. Or maybe have an option for handiness or a sculpting skill where you can sculpt other objects to be more grunge or gritty so to speak.
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    edited July 2022
    Would like trashy stuff you could fix or replace too, maybe with either especially cheap in built using before it's torn or bad quality wall paper, kitchen desk many you could fix up come in broken cheaper quality and stuff, so you could actually fix up and increase property value. Would especially be nice if they made it into house flipper pack with some system where you could add mark up to house when selling it and turning profit on the sale.

Maybe could even if it was house flipper like pack add start scenario like inheritance property, that start with run down things like furniture, windows, wall paper etc. that places it value in starter house area, you could fix up and replace things then sell for mark up as scenario challenge.