Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery down for hours...?!?!?

brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
The gallery has been down for hours today, you'd think that maybe someone from EA would release a reason why it's down and when they expect it will return....this puzzles me not one mention of it in here !
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2022
    I actually just googled it after I repaired my game, cleared cache and even signed in and out of my origin. Then found that it was mentioned on the ea help page. I guess my game had a nice birthday anyways, still not solving my problem that I need one of my saved households from the gallery.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Can-t-connect-to-the-gallery-PC/td-p/11630528
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    It's been about 8 hours now and no mention of it from EA either really weird...
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 257 Member
    At least it's not just me and my rural connection.

Throws rocks at EA and Maxis and Origin, WAKE UP ya dills!
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    SimQARobo posted this 5 hours ago:

8vcbls118952.png

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,981 Member
    oh so this is why my game almost crashed trying to use gallery
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    alimafionalimafion Posts: 81 Member
    Glad it’s not just me, I’ve been trying to figure out why I couldn’t connect for hours 🙈
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Thanks. I was wondering if this was planned maintenance or technical difficulties.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,353 EA Community Manager
    edited July 2022
    Hey all,

This is currently under investigation by the Sims Team, you can follow this thread on AHQ for more information and updates from them.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Does this mean that we can't access our libraries either, or just the gallery?
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    We can still access our library, just can't upload until gallery is back.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    We can still access our library, just can't upload until gallery is back.

Oh good, thanks. I hope the gallery is up soon! Thanks for the update EA_Cade.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,676 Member
    Ah, I only needed to access My Library, that's why I was unaffected. Phew!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    noodleelfznoodleelfz Posts: 8 New Member
    As of 10AM this morning, mine is still down. Has anyone yet had it open up?
  • Options
    Good to know that it's something they're aware of...still not able to access it and it has been over 12 hours maybe even 18. Never have had it offline this long, and even at AHQ only two people posted about it.

• Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    It is still down. I did not realize it is the same for others until I come to this thread.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Hey everyone,

Quick update: We are still working on the root cause of this outage at the moment, keep an eye out in this thread for updates from either myself or @SimQARobo as we will provide them as they are available.

Thank you all for your patience while we work towards getting this resolved.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,190 Member
    @EA_Cade Thanks for the updates
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    I was going to ask about it here, and saw this thread. I wanted to try out Lilsimsie's new shell-challenge, but have been trying to access the Gallery since before lunch today, and it's now past 7 pm over here.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,407 Member
    Trying to connect freezes the game.
  • Options
    Trying to connect freezes the game.

Mine too, I actually have to go to my desktop and task manager to "end task" to get out of it!

• Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    I now have some sort of contact. Still it's not a useful one, but at least it's attempting to connect...

dvxY42I.jpg
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    Same here, pictures don't load.
  • Options
    Hey all, 

Final update: We have restored Gallery functionality across all platforms at this time. Please note that it may take a few minutes to fully cache depending on where you are. 

Thank you all so much for your patience while this was investigated and resolved, this thread will be closed shortly.

<3  
  • Options
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Hey all, 

Final update: We have restored Gallery functionality across all platforms at this time. Please note that it may take a few minutes to fully cache depending on where you are. 

Thank you all so much for your patience while this was investigated and resolved, this thread will be closed shortly.

<3  

Thank you so much!!!
  • Options
    It's working again <3
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top