Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So my first wedding with MWS was a disaster..

I decided to buy the pack on sale since I heard it had been fixed and I have to say I am really disappointed.

Firstly I want to know why there is still so much micro managing (which sims barely listen to). Why did they not remove some of the celebration activities and have them happen automatically? For example when my sim goes to exchange vows or walk down the aisle why don't they just make it so sims sit by themselves? Why do we need to have an option to say take your seats? Or when they go to cut the cake can't the sims just gather around the cake instead of us having to click on an option for them to go there? The options don't seem to work in the first place??

I understand the options to walk down the aisle or who to send down first and I like the idea of this but some of the options should just be automatic.

Also it didn't help that the weather was hot on my sims wedding day and everyone kept changing to their hot weather outfits.

Are there any mods to make the weddings seem more automatic? Should I just download a mod to have the old weddings back? Also all the new party options are basically the same lmao. There really is not much point to them as well.

What's everyone's thoughts on this pack?

Comments

• TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    At the beginning it was totally broken but now it is mostly fixed. I dont think that the gameplay is very engaging though. It might be useful if you want to simulate a dream wedding for your sims but it is no fun or challenging at all. I still think the strongest part of this pack is the world of Tartosa.
  • Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    Well..it's not completely broken like it was when it first released....but it is still a mess.I found the outfit changing an issue as well, very very annoying.
    Not sure what mods are out there, to be honest I think there is only so much you can do with mods for this 'gameplay', I think the A.I is just too poor in the Sims 4. So they really shouldn't have made a pack like this in the first place.
    As most people have said - The world is nice (not what should be the best feature of a gameplay pack but there we go)
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My first attempt was very... interesting also. The commands don't always work, but they mostly do, and I think wedding venue lots have to be built just right to work as intended. But attendees never reliably sat for the ceremony or gathered for the cake the old way (usually some would but not all) and apparently they couldn't fix that so gave you the micromanaging option instead. I don't think I'll mind it when it works.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    My first attempt was very... interesting also. The commands don't always work, but they mostly do, and I think wedding venue lots have to be built just right to work as intended. But attendees never reliably sat for the ceremony or gathered for the cake the old way (usually some would but not all) and apparently they couldn't fix that so gave you the micromanaging option instead. I don't think I'll mind it when it works.

Yeah agree. I used the church lookiing venue and the officiant decided to sit on the piano lmao. Very annoying, I was looking for some mods to fix it but they all seem out of date now. I think it really just is an AI issue at this point.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I've had two weddings since buying it and had a couple issues. None major, but disappointing. Some my fault. I forgot to take pictures or ones I did take were messed up. There are two wine bottle things in the church by whoever made it and when clicking, the guest go to both in two seperate rooms, which I didn't like and have to remember to delete a wine set before the weddings. Once, somehow they didn't wear the right things. Little stuff, but just upsetting. Still I like the whole set and world.
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    In some aspects, I'd love to dump MWS, but keep the world. The cfity hall option doesn't seem to work and there seems to be leftover socials straying into new games like "ask to be flower pal..." and such when they are already married.

I would just like an option in the packs sub options to disable the MWS story stuff while keeping the world useful.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • VyneVyne Posts: 43 Member
    I'm probably wrong because I don't play on PC but their is a MC Commands if you wanna change the outfit. I'm a console player so I don't know about it.
    0zd1knkd2pmo.jpg
    The fate is always on your hands.
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    I decided to buy the pack on sale since I heard it had been fixed and I have to say I am really disappointed.

Firstly I want to know why there is still so much micro managing (which sims barely listen to). Why did they not remove some of the celebration activities and have them happen automatically? For example when my sim goes to exchange vows or walk down the aisle why don't they just make it so sims sit by themselves? Why do we need to have an option to say take your seats? Or when they go to cut the cake can't the sims just gather around the cake instead of us having to click on an option for them to go there? The options don't seem to work in the first place??

I understand the options to walk down the aisle or who to send down first and I like the idea of this but some of the options should just be automatic.

Also it didn't help that the weather was hot on my sims wedding day and everyone kept changing to their hot weather outfits.

Are there any mods to make the weddings seem more automatic? Should I just download a mod to have the old weddings back? Also all the new party options are basically the same lmao. There really is not much point to them as well.

I always felt the wedding rehearsal should have been a system to tell your sims what to do during the actual wedding and a time to adjust any wrong outfits. The actual wedding should have only required a player to click things like start wedding, start wedding toss and start a toast and everything you set up in the rehearsal would happen as if you hit a play button. Then rehearsals would at least have a purpose and players can focus on taking screenshots of the scripted wedding.
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member

I'm sorry to hear you had such a tough time! I've been a bit of a completist--I own every DLC except for Batuu, but the one purchase I've made that I could easily lose is MWS. The world, pretty as it is, is super dead and the B/B with the exception of the tea set is rarely used by me.

Weddings are a crapshoot. I've had a few semi successful ones, and I find the biggest thing they all have in common is the venue. A venue with all indoor space, no ocean nearby (or they all change into swimsuits), clear pathways to and from all activities, and only one option for each activity (one dance floor, one arch, one champaign bucket, etc) has worked best. And even then, I haven't been able to get everyone to gather for my couple's first dance. I avoid cakes altogether.
    blaq797 wrote: »
    In some aspects, I'd love to dump MWS, but keep the world. The cfity hall option doesn't seem to work and there seems to be leftover socials straying into new games like "ask to be flower pal..." and such when they are already married.

I would just like an option in the packs sub options to disable the MWS story stuff while keeping the world useful.

I have this issue also, it's funny because the options show up on the sim he married..

I always felt the wedding rehearsal should have been a system to tell your sims what to do during the actual wedding and a time to adjust any wrong outfits. The actual wedding should have only required a player to click things like start wedding, start wedding toss and start a toast and everything you set up in the rehearsal would happen as if you hit a play button. Then rehearsals would at least have a purpose and players can focus on taking screenshots of the scripted wedding.

Wow this is such a perfect idea I have no idea why they didn't do something like this. It would make rehearsals actually mean something and there will be less micro managing for the actual weddings. Such an amazing idea!!