Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favourite occult in TS4?

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
Now that we have werewolves, I wanted to see what the most popular occults now are.

ETA: Sorry everyone, I forgot to add servos to the poll
Post edited by MaggieMarley on

What's your favourite occult in TS4? 102 votes

Vampires
34%
overonimhappyblaq797rhaliusAnmirlaTorieMilutinMujovictaydevemerekiwi84BabykittyjadeLoriTSppammiechickannaliese39MaggieMarleyMarkwilsonYBNS2468LiELFKyreRoenRedShoe7 35 votes
Werewolves
16%
mitchiebanjoKhrisstyneDragonAge_300905notasmokealarm09CAPTAIN_NXR7SimsLovinLycanEnkiSchmidtSnaveXsmusteniDaniRose2143Behappy1stMondayPeralDarrenmightyspriteRySBIHeathertibb 17 votes
Spellcasters
37%
CK213bshag4lvOolonglongPlayerSinger2010mcruddMariefoxprice83simgirl1010mildredalieng01denswanalanmichael1SimplyJenphantasmkisspapertongueLeccacynciefiercephoenix91Karababy52StarfreeMDianaSimsDominicLaurence 38 votes
Aliens
1%
QuaaySERVERFRA 2 votes
Mermaids
4%
Wedcatmando830WhatCobblersKerriganrubygloomz 5 votes
Ghosts
0%
Lizzychicago 1 vote
Plantsims
0%
Other
3%
friendlysimmersColton147147filipomelInuMiroLover 4 votes

Comments

• Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires without a doubt. It appears that EA put great thought into this one.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    Spellcasters
    I think the big three are all great, but mainly I’m playing Spellcasters. That’s just a preference for that type of magic, though, and not based on the complexity of the packs.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    Werewolves
    Werewolves for me. Vampires are a close second, spellcasters are a distant third and like the rest of the occults they're a long way behind because they just feel lackluster. Werewolves and vampires were simply done better. More substance, more backstory, and more in line with my tastes.
  • KbobsterKbobster Posts: 156 Member
    Spellcasters
    Werewolves for me. Vampires are a close second, spellcasters are a distant third and like the rest of the occults they're a long way behind because they just feel lackluster. Werewolves and vampires were simply done better. More substance, more backstory, and more in line with my tastes.

I agree with you. The Sims Team went all out on Werewolves and Vamps. Spellcasters are fun, but i feel they were better in Sims 3. But I love Spellcasters as an occult period, (like, if I had to read a book or be a member of the occult). So, I always play them. I'm grateful you can create a Mermaid in CAS, but they are just fun for design, really.

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Vampires
    Of course vampires, I was team edward when I was a teen 🤣 and team damon in the vampire diaries 'real vampires burn not sparkle' lol
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited July 2022
    Spellcasters
    It took me so long to get around to playing Spellcasters. Like 24 hours before the release of werewolves 😶... I can already tell they are my fav in TS4. Spellcasters cheat the game without cheats. 🧙‍♂️🔮

I haven't played with Servos yet in TS4. I really want to but I just haven't gotten there yet. I suspect they will be another fav of mine or a let down compared to Servos from the previous Sims series.

I wish PlantSims were proper occults but they are just temporary unless modded so I personally don't count them as occults.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Vampires
    SimplyJen wrote: »

I haven't played with Servos yet in TS4. I really want to but I just haven't gotten there yet. I suspect they will be another fav of mine or a let down compared to Servos from the previous Sims series.

I wish PlantSims were proper occults but they are just temporary unless modded so I personally don't count them as occults.

Arrrrrghhhhh I KNEW I'd missed one in the poll! Servos of course! I actually really like playing servos too...

Yeah I don't count plantsims as proper occults for the same reason but I included them just in case someone mentioned them

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Spellcasters
    To me Spellcasters seem the most 'normal' and least intrusive of the occults. They don't drink blood or eat raw meat. I also love the practical magic spells and potion making. Also familiars. My sim's dog is her familiar.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2022
    Vampires
    Hard choice but I'm a vampire lover so they just have to win this. And I probably feel most connected with them because they are the best occult we've had for the longest. Werewolves are a close second. I think they are totally awesome and I'm having so much fun designing them! Mermaids are a close third. I love them dearly but outside of water they feel too human and not much game play for them. These are my top 3 played occults at the moment.
    I have a few of the other occults sprinkled here and there.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    Werewolves
    Kbobster wrote: »

I agree with you. The Sims Team went all out on Werewolves and Vamps. Spellcasters are fun, but i feel they were better in Sims 3. But I love Spellcasters as an occult period, (like, if I had to read a book or be a member of the occult). So, I always play them. I'm grateful you can create a Mermaid in CAS, but they are just fun for design, really.

I keep wanting to love spellcasters, but they just keep leaving me feeling, meh. I was really hoping with the werewolf pack and the way there seemed to be teasers that there would be cross-pack play that I would finally get into RoM, but no. I just can't see what the spellcaster fans see. I really want to, but I still don't at this point.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters of course! I have loved witches forever...really loved them in the original sims. I loved the magic duels, and now in my estimation, they are better than ever in Sims 4, still love watching magic duels. The other occults, namely vampires and werewolves should be around to flesh out the occult community.

I play all three occults!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited July 2022
    Vampires
    Vampires are my favorites, but I like them all, except plantsims.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2022
    Vampires
    For me, vampires are my favourite. I really love how my vamps can essentially become super sims, given the right vampire perks: no need to sleep or use the toilet, no social need, no hygiene need, no fun need, accelerated skill gain, ability to run at super speed... And certain other abilities such as the power to affect other sims' moods can come in handy too. Only annoying thing is the burning to death in the sun thing but I have my vamps get level 3 sun resistance asap. Oh plus I like that they're immortal and unaging. And drinking from other sims is fun >:)

I *think* that second favourite for me would be spellcasters (though now with the addition of werewolves I'm not 100% sure) again mostly due to the ability to 'cheat' with them. I like being able to clean things/sims instantly with scrubberoo and the copypasto spell is amazing. Whenever I have a spellcaster I have them use copypasto to mass produce potions of plentiful needs and potions of nimble mind. I also like the ability to just transportalate around everywhere.

Third favourite at this point is werewolves. I really enjoy playing with them so far and am having a lot of fun with then so maybe in time they will become my second favourite. But, you can't 'cheat' so much with them. There's not really much way around regular sim needs. I do appreciate all the detail that has gone into them though and despite my early reservations (and continued annoyance at the lack of tails) I do actually really like their wolf forms.

After that, it's a close thing between aliens and mermaids. Probably aliens would be my next favourite just because I really like how they look in their alien forms. Also, surprise alien abductions never fail to thrill me. But it is deeply disappointing that they don't get more powers etc - same for mermaids.

I forgot to include them on the poll, but I have also had a lot of fun with the servo that I have played for many generations in one of my saves. There's a certain charm to them! Another life state which I wish had received more attention.

As for ghosts, I wish they were more like ghosts! It makes no sense to me that they have to eat, sleep, use the bathroom, shower etc still when they have no body and therefore ought to have no bodily functions. And (probably in direct opposition to my last point), I wish we could still make ghost babies with them!

With plantsims, it makes me sad that they aren't a proper lifestate, so I've not really seen the point in playing with them.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited July 2022
    I don't have werewolves yet to really form opinion where they sit on that list soooo I'll be back *dun dun*

For now
    (before i have werewolves)
    its still Vampires though.
    as for the rest I find them all tad upsetting in multiple ways (lacking in depth) so they're really not running for the position

like spellcasters I just hate that they're so limited in doing evil like i choose to inferniate whole house game tells me i can't for whatever reason and my spellcaster proceeds to put out all fires they just caused like what even you are supposed to be evil witch not firefighter

also they don't even get proper hats how sad is that

aliens have the facemelt issue, can't link their human and alien forms and they don't have nearly enough things to do

sure sims get abducted thats fun but why can't my aliens be responsible for such evil deeds why does it have to be some random game generated alien siiiigh

mermaids are really only fun if you live in world with open water and even so they have too few things to do and the interactions like singing are too short and its just sad

Ghosts are just idk ghosts like i do like them sometimes but it really depends on whos dead you know

plantsims have like none of their older game charm and it makes me sad

and well servos I have yet to even play with cause i don't play much with tech thingies
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires are still my favourite and I think werewolves are now my second favourite.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Werewolves
    Gameplay: A werewolf can take care of their needs without needing objects, they self-clean, relieve bladder and sleep everywhere and can go on a rabbit (hole) hunt. Motives must still be managed, it's not like Steel Bladder that simply negates the need.

Other: Just. So. Darn. Cute. I'm still undecided whether that's a good or bad thing. Werewolves should be fierce and intimidating, "noble savages" at best. But here I am, going "Awwwwww!" when they scratch their ears in public or raise their hands to howl.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires, then spell casters so far. Werewolves comes third. Aliens... I can't wait to get them.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Vampires
    I wish aliens had more to them, like their own aspirations like how vampires and spellcasters have. If they had that, it would be my favorite occult. If Sixam were a world, with some townies, alien architecture and plants, etc, and aliens had some go-with careers Ike Pollination Tech (would probably look at like the baby-extraction machine where the Sim is covered for modesty while being done to), and maybe abduction driver which would be a rabbithole, and some alien parenting goals like training their kids in alien 👽 powers, I would love that!
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited July 2022
    Spellcasters
    I loves my magic people but vamps are now a very close second for me.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Aliens
    The reason I voted Aliens is because all Occults & human sims can have the FakeAlien trait without it being glitchy, even the cool furry Werewolves. <3B) I really really love multiple abilities to my sims. Furthermore, I really do hope that my Wolfies can also be full Spellcaster & Vampires without being glitchy. :/ That being said, I'm glad that at least they can have some hidden abilities from the other occults after removing the Spellcaster & Vampire traits. :D;)
    PS: I only play Vanilla, my packs & alot of Sims 4 cheats to do this. :p
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Other
    I really enjoy the sim bots as it's not just a new occult, but also a new hobby for my sims to pursue.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Spellcasters
    Vampires are the best but that was not the question, right? I can't deny spellcasters are currently my favorites. Their lack of conceptual cohesion as occults actually makes them quite versatile in a way, which is great for my kind of gameplay which relies a lot on building sims of different styles, histories and personality.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited July 2022
    Vampires
    Vampires. A major part is because of their skill tree. I absolutely love how you have to pick weaknesses and how certain perks might cancel each other out. That adds a level of complexity the other ones lack. They can just all max out the skill tree and be exactly the same (minus randomly assigned ones like curses). Vampires I feel encourage better roleplay. One can make them different without having to resort to self-imposed restrictions.
    Spellcasters are pretty disappointing to me because they are way too easy and the skill tree lacks flavor. That is also the reason why I only got the pack after I made sure there are mods to make them more challenging.
    Werewolves are way better done and I enjoy them a lot, love the chaotic energy, how they actually bothered to add some integration with other packs and how there's dormant abilities to add some differences, but vampires are still my favorites. Some of that is undoubtedly helped with my current mod setting so I don't know if my opinion would change if I was playing vanilla vampires. I doubt it though since, as stated, the way their skill tree works is a huge factor for me. It just makes it more natural to play each of them differently whereas with other occults I kinda have to "force it" if I want them to actually differ.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Spellcasters
    If I liked playing with the whole Vampire Lifestyle, I would say Vampires. But since I don't get any long term satisfaction from playing evil, and having been less enamored of Louis or Lestat than most of my social circle leading to a bit of hype aversion (yes, my dissatisfaction with Angsty vampires predates Edward), and in general not getting the appeal of Vampires, even the Vampires pack being the objectively better constructed pack can't make me like playing them for long. I get bored. There's too much grind in getting plasma if you want to play good, and too little to occupy your time if you're willing to play evil.

Spellcasters, on the other hand, may not have the challenge, but I don't play Sims for Challenge. I play for story. And It's really easy to make being a spellcaster *not* the predominant thing about the sim. They're sims who happen to be able to do magic, which is my favorite type of magic user story. (I loved Practical Magic because it was about a family that happened to be witches, not about witches that happened to be a family.)

I do really like the Werewolves pack, though. And I probably will give them another go at some point (so far, I've only played through a few weeks in a test save.) But being able to use Scruberoo or Repario (even if the sims won't do it autonomously) is just too useful. I hate chores in the sims. (Not really fond of them in real life either.)

I mean, at heart I am a Fae... but those aren't an option yet (and likely won't be what I'm talking about with that statement anyway.)
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Werewolves
    Werewolves. Always been a huge werewolf fan, and now I can have them in Sims again!