Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you rather play on Xbox, PC, or PS4?

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    PC

I don’t own or have any interest in Xboxes or PlayStations for modern gaming because I’m a control freak.

At least I have some kind of control over what I do on a Windows PC. I don’t like to be limited in any shape or form, ever, with anything, NEVER EVER !!!
    Plus, a decent PC set-up gives me the best visual experience. And I’m talking about a fully customizable gaming rig, not a “mere” laptop.
    I mean no disrespect to those who prefer laptops, but I feel zero for gaming laptops. Too limited for my taste. I do have a MacBook, but I don’t use it for gaming.

The only limitation when it comes to complete gaming rigs is that they aren’t very portable, although I can live with that. This is why the Captain’s Cabin exists. It’s where I keep all my non-portable dude-things. I don’t need computer games when I go hikin’ or mountain climbing anyway. I need sturdy, breathable yet comfortable shoes for that. And a pair of decent pants. And a compass. Of course I’d wear a top too. I would never ever run around topless during my outdoor explorations*. I no longer live in 3000 BC.
    *I lied. It depends.😇
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    PC
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 now I just have to see a picture of Captains Cabin 😄

And your last sentence makes it sound as though you did once live in 3000 BC... I thought you were a little younger than that haha.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    PC
    I loved consoles to play games on years ago, Nintendo and Super Nintendo because there were no computers, lol.

After I got over my fear of them in the 90's, I never looked back. I have a nice SkyTech gaming computer with great specs, large desk in my room with a really nice chair and all the time to play. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    PC
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Compatibility moddinv has kept 1 alive, but I am not sure all the old console Sims stuff has thriving emulation. That is actually something to look into.

Actually only reason I would choose console would be that I can still very much play ts1 and 2 and urbz with my ps2 in which computers have obviously moved on from the days of ts1 and 2 so its harder to get those playing on computer without causing kaboom

only issue is that the discs are kinda wrecked by now :sweat_smile: especially because some *insert bad words* decided to randomly put my urbz disc in junk box cause it was on table when they were "cleaning" aka throwing everything they see into storage room and i spent years looking for that freaking disc only to find it in box with knitting magazines and random items as if it somehow belongs *knits little socks to the urbz soundtrack*

then again consoles are not free from world of internet and updates anymore so that point also does not exist all games be wrecked eventually when world decides they're outdated
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    PC
    I'll likely always choose PC over console, mainly for two reasons. Mod support, plus keyboard and mouse.

I think consoles have definitely improved mod support in recent years, but I'm not sure it'll ever be to the level that PC allows. I also wish that more games/consoles supported keyboard and mouse input (I think the Sims 4 does? Not sure about next gen consoles though) because honestly, playing with a controller just doesn't feel comfortable in my hands. If all games/consoles supported this feature right out of the box, I'd probably change my mind and invest in a console, instead of a PC.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    PC
    I don’t need computer games when I go hikin’ or mountain climbing anyway. I need sturdy, breathable yet comfortable shoes for that. And a pair of decent pants. And a compass. Of course I’d wear a top too. I would never ever run around topless during my outdoor explorations*. I no longer live in 3000 BC.
    *I lied. It depends.😇

More people should use shirts when in public and outdoors they're actually really comfy and nice and help you avoid me crumplebottom smacking you out of my swamp

jacket might be nice too if you shall exist in chilly or windy or mosquito filled climate

for best experience dress like grim reaper not only will you always look stylish it also protects you from sunburns,cold and perhaps even mosquito

wind might be little tricky though but I'm sure you'll get used to the dramatic whoosh whoosh
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    PC
    Obviously pc I would never play Sims 4 without mods or cc.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    PC
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 now I just have to see a picture of Captains Cabin 😄

@elanorbreton Images of the Captain’s Cabin are now available on Patreon, locked behind a permanent paywall.
    And your last sentence makes it sound as though you did once live in 3000 BC... I thought you were a little younger than that haha.

So here’s the thing: As an educated Irishman I am ashamed to admit that it’s often hard to tell whether the majority of my comments were written by a blindfolded clown or a 160 year old tortoise. I write the way I talk the way I think the way I write and I’d rather not re-read the nonsense that I’ve written, even though I 100% should. However -for the sake of this discussion: let me retrace my words and check over that last sentence…😅

Ah! You did read that correctly! I’ve lived throughout the entire history of the human race, including 3000 BC. In fact, I am the original caveman. The reason I appear “a little younger” [some would say “less mature”] is because living on, under, or inside a rock has that effect on half-human sapiens such as myself. I’d also recommend cave life to maintain a youthful, glowing skin.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I don’t need computer games when I go hikin’ or mountain climbing anyway. I need sturdy, breathable yet comfortable shoes for that. And a pair of decent pants. And a compass. Of course I’d wear a top too. I would never ever run around topless during my outdoor explorations*. I no longer live in 3000 BC.
    *I lied. It depends.😇

More people should use shirts when in public and outdoors they're actually really comfy and nice and help you avoid me crumplebottom smacking you out of my swamp

jacket might be nice too if you shall exist in chilly or windy or mosquito filled climate

for best experience dress like grim reaper not only will you always look stylish it also protects you from sunburns,cold and perhaps even mosquito

wind might be little tricky though but I'm sure you'll get used to the dramatic whoosh whoosh

Dramatic Woosh Woosh? What if it was Liam Hemsworth? Or Chris…..or whoever the dude with the ginormous hammer is? I know for a fact that many folks wouldn’t mind encountering that in their local swamp….let alone the supermarket or wherever publicly they please. 🙄
    But go ahead, I can take another Crumplebottom purse smack. At least I own a Gaming Rig.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    PC
    PC is close enough to my situation. I'm a Mac girl all the way. I gave up PC's a long time ago and haven't missed them. Life is so much easier with a Mac.

As far as the sims, I actually started TS3 on a PS4 but only played it for two weeks, three tops, and decided I loved it so much that got it for my computer. Consoles just aren't a good fit for me and a game like this. The controls are clunky and awkward and without mods or cc it's just not as fun.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    PC
    Dramatic Woosh Woosh? What if it was Liam Hemsworth? Or Chris…..or whoever the dude with the ginormous hammer is? I know for a fact that many folks wouldn’t mind encountering that in their local swamp….let alone the supermarket or wherever publicly they please.
    Even more crumplebottom smacked out of swamp
    wrong address boys certainly off marker here

I'll let you do that in supermarket tho cause I am too busy beating up cardboard cutout people there
    The Rye Bread Man in specific always with that horrifying smile stalking you between the aisles
  • Options
    airmanairman Posts: 18 Member
    PC
    I prefer PC for me, because I already own a lot of the content on there. Even if Xbox would probably be more convenient
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Xbox
    Xbox with a mouse and keyboard hands down! Playing on PC is good, but there are things that just make it easier with a controller.

So either Xbox with mouse and keyboard or PC with controller. Because you can play easily with all three attached.
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    PC
    I play PS4, I want to be a PC player, but I have no computer. I should just be happy with what I have.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    PC
    PC

I already own one.

I can use mods.

I like using the mouse.

It can be used for other stuff besides games.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    PC
    Okay off topic but where did @CAPTAIN_NXR7 go I realized this is where he was last seen *cue xfiles theme*

Did Greg get him while running shirtless in the woods im getting worried :fearful:
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Xbox
    Okay off topic but where did @CAPTAIN_NXR7 go I realized this is where he was last seen *cue xfiles theme*

Did Greg get him while running shirtless in the woods im getting worried :fearful:

There's a man running shirtless through the woods??? I'm on it! Er, to umm, save his life? Yeah, that's why!
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    PC

Not sure, but he sometimes goes missing just before a new pack is released because he likes to avoid spoilers.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    PC
    I like all consoles and PC. But for Sims, unless it's one of those spinoffs made specifically for console, I am solely on the PC for this game. I just like having the freedom of all these mods I can install at a whim.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    PC
    There is no other answer. Unless you don't have a PC.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    PC
    Mods.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    PC
    Definitely PC for most games. Though I suppose I wouldn't be averse to PS4/5 - I do enjoy playing on them when I get a chance to. Xbox is a hard no, unless it's for Fable - that's literally the only reason I would own an Xbox, and I'm fairly sure it's available for PC...
  • Options
    PC

Worry not! I was just looking for my shirt. I’ve been searching for days however and the situation is getting out of hand.
    It must have been a PlayStation. Seemingly it likes to pull pranks so it may have decided to eat my clothing….Yet another reason to invest in a PC.
    I’d say don’t go near Xboxes either. I’ve heard that Xboxes have an appetite for boxer shorts. Why does one need a controller when these modern consoles are so difficult to control? Shirts ain’t cheap and boxer shorts don’t just grow on trees. Sheesh. 🙄
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    PS4
    I'm used to play on PS5. After a long time I see no huge difference between PC and PS5 experience. I use mouse+keyboard or play remotely on PC if I want to.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    PC
    I have PS3 and PS4 and PC is the only way I can play Sims. Maybe because I used pc for sims since the first game so other controllers feel weird for it, but also for sims4 particularly, without mods, it's a snoozefest.

I will say, investing in a very large monitor (size of a smaller TV) for my gaming pc made me never want to play sims games on a laptop again!
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    PC

Worry not! I was just looking for my shirt. I’ve been searching for days however and the situation is getting out of hand.
    It must have been a PlayStation. Seemingly it likes to pull pranks so it may have decided to eat my clothing….Yet another reason to invest in a PC.
    I’d say don’t go near Xboxes either. I’ve heard that Xboxes have an appetite for boxer shorts. Why does one need a controller when these modern consoles are so difficult to control? Shirts ain’t cheap and boxer shorts don’t just grow on trees. Sheesh. 🙄
    Oh I am so glad you're okay
    consoles can have very evil intentions indeed but gladly they stopped at clothing this time

thankfully my old pal has yet to enact revenge on me for calling it many bad names as a kid but I shall stay vigilant