Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is werewolves worth it for CAS and B/B only?

ยซ1
Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
With the recent anouncement of HSY the CAS and B/B that came with the Werewolves GP caught my interest. I think some CAS items would be great for teenagers (chucks, rings, ripped leggins, piercings) and some B/B items would be looking good in Copperdale (wood, crib, mailbox, mirror, and so on).
However, my PC is old and I am always holding my breath when adding new content to the game because of lag and the bad experience I had with lag in the last months of TS3.
What is your opinion? I am not an occult player and have zero interest in werewolves. I own vampires and RoM for CAS (both), B/B (both) and world (vampires, have never done anything with Glimmerbrook).
I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS

Is werewolves worth it for CAS and B/B only? 63 votes

Yes, it is!
31%
lori171957BlkBarbiegalJueJueAlrynnfriendlysimmersdavina1221Leccarandy2355SheepilingLoanethappyopiBehappy1stmrs_starkeyPeralplumboy23IsharellUmbreon12duriankindfae_brassjennieeffin 20 votes
Only on sale!
61%
alexspoom13sam123maggiemae8135simgirl1010g01denswanalanmichael1taydevGlimmer50DragonAge_300905BabykittyjadeblueyblueskybixtersXxAirixXLatinaBunnyLoves2draw1812ChadSims2bizuktagInternal_Chaossillyangel0906SimsLovinLycan 39 votes
No, CAS and B/B are not worth it at all.
6%
IcewolfColorist40SERVERFRAKerrigan 4 votes

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    Only on sale!
    My answer kind of falls in between option 1 and 2. I am probably one of the biggest Werewolves fangirls on here, and I think the pack is easily worth it just for the CAS and BB alone, but, I would lean towards getting it on sale versus full price if that's all you want it for and you don't think there's any chance the gameplay might pull you in. The fangirl in me is screaming take my money, gimme those items. The rational side is the one that answered the poll.

The CAS and BB is so unique and so well done it is some of the best content this game has seen. There is absolutely nothing like it. If you really, really love the grunge look, like your sims just walked out of an Alice In Chains concert, absolutely go for it. The BB is quirky and just as one of a kind. A table that was once a door, and purposely designed to be and look askew. Love it. A kitchen table that has a book under one leg to level it as part of the item. (chef's kiss)
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Only on sale!
    Only on sale. I'm not particularly interested in werewolves per se so I'd only be getting this pack for the build, buy, and CAS options. I can wait.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Only on sale!
    I'd wait on a sale seeing as you are only looking for some of the build buy and CAS the $20 or saved with you waiting on a sale can go towards a new pc.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2022
    Only on sale!
    I say yes. No other pack brings as much grunge as this one! I kind of say get it on sale but it depends on how much money you have to spend on it. Me personally if I wanted a pack for only a certain aspect I would buy it immediately at full price. I basically brought discovery uni just for the bikes with no regrets. Lol that's just me though. I like to live and enjoy everyday as if there is no tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜Œ
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited July 2022
    I really love the grunge aspects of the werewolf pack. From the clothes to the BB. I just LOVE dirty, worn and repurposed items.

I played a bit with the werewolves and haven't really fully utilized all the gameplay aspects of it ( never been big on occults but I like to play with them now and again), but the items alone I've used with various builds. Various grunge/punk CAS is nicely suitable for sims to struggle with the look and using CC for more variety. Lot of this will be nice for teen sims for sure. Could wait for a sale to save at least five dollars to get your money spent if you're looking to only use those things with the pack and wanna save.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Only on sale!
    The build and buy is nice and I like the CAS items but they're kind of a niche theme. I would say that it's probably best to wait for a sale if that's all you really want from the pack.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Only on sale!
    Only on sale, but it doesn't have to be a 50% off sale. :)

But then I'd say that about any Game Pack where you're not interested in the Gameplay (and I kinda wish I'd waited on My Wedding Stories...)
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Only on sale!
    I'd say the world is worth it because I love this world, but you don't like wolves so you'd not want to deal with them running wild there.

As for CAS and BB... Depends. It very thematic. If you want proper grunge BB, then you currently have to have Werewolves. However, to make it worth a GP you aren't interested in the gameplay of and confining wolves to the new world depends on just how much you like that theme. I'm personally not super into it, but I can see the BB being useful in a multitude of situations.

I think the CAS is less special, personally. There are a few grungy pieces that are beyond what we are used to (like the falling apart shoes or straight out of Castaway ripped shirt), but general patchy punk can be found in Eco and even C&D. Arguably in more, too, especiallyif we narrow it to punk. It isn't as unique in its aesthetic and thusly not as strong of a selling point. Plus, I personally found myself wanting more accessories, as much as I love the new moon pendant.

It is hard for me to recommend based on these assets unless you're full on in love with them. I am very much here for the wolves and love this pack, the few fav assets just being icing on the cake. So that is what I will recommend. Go through the BB and CAS photos, I know they are out there, and find out if you are in love with them. Yes or no, you'll have your answer.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited July 2022
    I don't really think any pack is worth getting if you are sure you don't use the gameplay and you have pc that has issues with running the game/could become unable to run the game with additions

especially cause its hassle to uninstall packs in ts4 so you could like return to playing without pack if its too much for your pc

and if you desperately needed specific clothing or furniture theres cc n all

but personally I love occult, werewolves and literally everything in that pack too much to pass it so I'm thinking of getting it soon ish
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    It's best that you don't get Werewolves at all, because it's an Occult pack full of Occult Lore & Occult World. Just wait for a regular human sims pack.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Only on sale!
    I voted "only on sale" because it's a nice pack for occult players, but some of the CAS stuff is way too thematic. Most of the clothing has wolf or moon iconography, which can be kinda over the top unless you have a sim who's super into wolves.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Only on sale!
    If you're only buying the pack for CAS/BB, then get it on sale. It's only worth full price if you also want the werewolf gameplay as well. If you just want a bunch of grunge/punk and boho/hippie stuff to dress up and decorate with, go for the discount.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Only on sale!
    CAS and BB are nice, but not spectacular. But the world is wonderful and the gameplay too.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Only on sale!
    Only on sale, but well worth it on sale. The assets are great.

Bear in mind, you can set your options so that you don't have anyone wolfing out in other worlds. MM is a very nice world, though. But honestly, if you bulldoze everything, delete the premades, and stay out of the tunnels and away from Greg's house, you could probably use it in a completely wolf-free way.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Only on sale!
    I say wait for a sale if you don't plan on playing as werewolves. I like the items; but I personally got it for the gameplay which was made the pack worth it for me. Without that, it might just be closer to a stuff pack plus a new world.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Yes, it is!
    I didn't play werewolves in the Sims 3 and thought they were ugly. Gave it a try since I bought the pack and I have to say that I was pleasantly pleased with them. Don't forget that not only bb and CAS, but there is a world and it is rather nice even though I loath that it doesn't have very many lots. I didn't buy this for gameplay, but for the world, the CAS, and the bb plus any interactions it adds to conversation ect. For me, it was worth it. I'm not normally huge on CAS unless I really like items and same with build. I'm mostly crazy about items with interactions, some hair styles, and stuff that we don't already have. For me, it was worth it, but then I kind of like the way the wolves were done. You may not have cared for them in the past, but like me may find that you like some things about them. I'm mainly are realistic family player, but love to dabble ever so often with vampires and mermaids. Look it over. Only you can say wheather it is enough to justify the money, but with the world, I think so.
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Yes, it is!
    I'm not an occult player and I don't plan on using Werewolf gameplay at all but I love the B/B, CAS and world this provides. I say it's worth it. It's also fairly bug free, so I recommend buying this one for all the mentioned items before running out and buying MWS.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Yes, it is!
    Maybe the best bb and CAS of all packs since it really stands out. I don't want all of my Sims to dress like models in preparation for the cat walk and only have expensive looking interior in their houses. But the game play is also really great with this pack.
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    Yes, it is!
    I have wanted to make shacks for the not so rich for so long, and this set is perfect. I made a Shack on the beach, and it looks just like it should. I am very happy with it.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited July 2022
    [...] but some of the CAS stuff is way too thematic. Most of the clothing has wolf or moon iconography, which can be kinda over the top unless you have a sim who's super into wolves.

I already have clothing with foxes (CoL, TL, C&D), cows (CoL), dogs (C&D, KR), birds (IL, JA) and cats (RoM, C&D) in the game. So wolves are welcome to the animal clothes family, too.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    Yes, it is!
    I only say "yes it is" if you like to play sims stories where the sims live under shabby conditions. For instance, the workout machine is made from a salvaged seat from a car, and attached to a makeshift wooded frame. the desk is made of an old door on crates. Great for "rags to riches" stories.
  • KbobsterKbobster Posts: 156 Member
    Only on sale!
    I wanted to vote "Yes it Is" because I'm the kind of person who will buy a whole pack for 1 item that I find is a Must-Have. But I realize some people are actually sane.
    So, if you're crazy like me, then yes. But if you're more conscientious, then wait for it to go on sale and use it as a stuff pack. And that is if you want a 70's/90's grunge mash-up pack. I love the CAS items of this pack. It has so many nice grunge outfits and some nice late 70's outfits, too. There is this hair that I'm trying not to overuse that goes past the shoulders and is sleek and shaggy at the same time. It is kind of layered with layered bangs. Kinda late-70s rocker hair. Looks good with a leather jacket a moto boots. BB has this amazing dresser that is a stack of 2 trunks. I love it. I had some nomadic werewolves looking for a pack and a home and they move in with this werewolf from the werewolf world and their rooms were sparsely decorated with the suitcase night tables and trunk dressers. (I eventually changed the rooms). I would have gotten the whole game just for that trunk. Man, if there were a pack with Dave Mustaine hair, I would get it, too. Even if the rest of the pack were lame. But I just think all packs have something that adds to the game, even in a small way.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I don't know or sure if it would be worth it, but at least they have toggles to keep the werewolves out of other worlds so it seems super easy to keep the occult gameplay out of your save if you do just want the CAS and BB.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Id say...maybe?

Only you know if the items in the pack are something you would use alot. Personally it would be a yes for me though! I much prefer rundown, lived in looking builds and clothes so it suits my gameplay really well.
    It seems to be something The Sims are getting better at as well, giving us worn furniture options or casual clothes.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Just for the cas and build buy? Nope.