Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you rather play on Xbox, PC, or PS4?

Would you rather play on Xbox, PC, or PS4? 134 votes

Xbox
2%
PenguinFoopHeathertibbSignofhatredlol 3 votes
PS4
2%
Sthenastiapieka33ItalStew 3 votes
PC
95%
Akl500Pcrocobauraauroraael14CK213vancanuckfan86bshag4lvGalacticGalIcewolfEndlessSims3alan650111MartinvSikoahGracehaloujaoveronSleepycatDSLSimpatsyannTheSpotted_CmcruddIsb917Lavasm77 128 votes

Comments

• SignofhatredlolSignofhatredlol Posts: 44 Member
    Xbox
    Personally, I prefer playing on Xbox, as it’s the easiest way for me 😅
    I don’t have a PS4; I only have Xbox and PC, but I prefer Xbox because, well, I play it on the TV screen, and that’s wider than the PC screen, so I kind of help my eyesight in a way… cause my eyesight isn’t the best…
  • haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member
    PC
    Never owned an Xbox or PS4 so only one possible answer for me!
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • SignofhatredlolSignofhatredlol Posts: 44 Member
    Xbox
    halouja wrote: »
    Never owned an Xbox or PS4 so only one possible answer for me!

Oh, I understand. But maybe if you imagined you had all of them, would you still choose PC? It’s up to you 😉
  • duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    PC
    I would prefer to play on the PC, but my time and money investment in the PS4 version of the game is too high to turn back now, lol 😁 it’s not bad though, I like using the controller to play instead of a mouse, and it’s nice to be able to play on the big screen. I’m glad that the console iterations of the game are exactly the same for sims 4 as they are on PC.
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2022
    PC
    I have a ps4 but rarely ever use it. In my eyes pc is superior. Even the camera is better. Plus mods and cc 👁👄👁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited July 2022
    PC
    I like console purely for how achievements work but that's it.

I much prefer PC for mods, graphics, and the comfort of my desk. I've never enjoyed lounging when playing a video game and I am nearsighted.

It's nice that the console version this time around is true to the PC version. It's also a great option for those who don't have a computer that can keep up with TS4 and all of the packs.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    PC
    Definitely PC, because I love mods.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited July 2022
    PC
    I played ts3 and ts3 pets on ps3 before and my god, it was pathetic compared to the pc version. It was my first sims game ever and I thought it was great. When I switched to pc ts3, I found out it lacked everything. No open world, no taking pictures on your phone, a limit on how much items can be put your lot because of “fire hazards”.
    I’m never going back to console. It’s great though that ts4 on console is pretty much the same thing on pc, just no mods or cc. Looks like they learned from the mistakes of their last console games
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited July 2022
    PC
    PC

last time i played console anything was when playstation 2 was the thing :lol: don't know what its like these days but i have feeling i would still much prefer to play on pc cause the console controls would just feel weird to me

also i believe its much easier to share my game here when i play on pc n all
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    PC
    Apart from the usual reasons like mods and graphics it has been easier only playing games on PC because there are not that many console exclusive games these days. And the ones that are exclusive I often don't want to play and I can just watch them on twitch.

It's also very expensive to play both console and PC games so I decided to upgrade my PC and stick to playing PC games.

As I'm getting older I feel that the older gamers tend to stick to PC as well, as they often play games like simulators, tactical FPS games or city building and strategy games which I enjoy to play and watch.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    PC
    I prefer RPGs on console but I tried one of the earlier sims games on PS3 and I just could not get used to using a controller after years of playing my sims with keyboard and mouse.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    PC
    I played the original Sims on XBox and it felt soooo much better when I bought it for PC. Though, you've now given me food for thought - since I suffer from such a lot of pain in wrists/fingers/thumbs when using a mouse (from so many years using a pc for both work and leisure), maybe switching to XBox version would be pain free...
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    edited July 2022
    PC
    I’ve never played on console, except for Sims 3 for Wii ages ago, but don’t see any reason to switch from PC except for the large screen play. I play on a laptop and love that I can take it anywhere, and though I’m not a heavy mod/cc user, I depend on the ones I do have to customize my game. Sims is the only game I play except for some puzzle games for my iPad, so the investment in a console system wouldn’t make much sense.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    PC
    pc but i do own a ps4 ps5 and a nindendo switch
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    PC
    I prefer PC for most games.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    PC
    I have a gaming rig. When I first started gaming with Sims2, I was assured playing on a PC gave more to the experience. I could be wrong. But I'm enjoying my rig.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    PC
    PC (laptop), however consoles do get a lot better specs for much less money. My xbox can run games a lot heavier than the sims, and it cost much less, so if the next sims game runs badly on my laptop I'd probably consider getting it on console rather than buying another laptop
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    PC
    I play on an Alienware laptop. I do have an Xbox that I purchased in 2018 solely to play Red Dead Redemption 2.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Mac. I also own an older PC that is a Linux machine now. I don't own any consoles.
    gen3-banner.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    PC
    I have neither a console not a TV, so PC is my obvious choice. :) I don't really understand the appeal of consoles though, They seem expensive for what they offer and if you don't have a dedicated TV for it then you need to fight the family for access to the TV.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    PC
    I've never played any console games, I haven't even tried. It was easy to choose PC.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    PC
    I am by no means against consoles as a concept, have a few myself, but at the most basic level I hate using controllers for top down, UI intensive games. It is also a lot easier to use and pair a controller to a PC than vice versa for getting around your preferred inputs.

Also, practically speaking, I never had a shot at 4 on console. I've been with 4 since launch, even preordering the thing. The console ports were a ways out, and there was a DLC lag for a time as well. There is no way I'd start over.

In more contemporary considerations, say picking the version for Sims 5, I'm still going PC. I won't have to worry about console upgrades forcing me to pay to upgrade or start over (which has been happening in the PS4 to PS5 upgrade sphere), or paying for an extra subscription for online play if we do get stuck with multiplayer (everything now, darn you Nintendo you were the last console hold out), or storage limitations (they really have to little in all the base models, and proprietary storage expansion is expensive and even when it isn't proprietary the specific requirements to keep on top of are annoying).

I'm assuming before any details that prove otherwise that I am going to want to put thousands of hours into 5 over many years, just like its predecessors and PC ownership seems like the better way to do that. Compatibility moddinv has kept 1 alive, but I am not sure all the old console Sims stuff has thriving emulation. That is actually something to look into.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    edited July 2022
    PC
    PC is always the best option. o:)

My specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth (Stock)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra
    RAM: 16GB G. Skill Ripjaws V
    GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 Ti
    PSU: 650W EVGA GQ
    SSD #1 (Boot): 500GB Samsung EVO
    SSD #2: 1TB Samsung 980
    HDD #1: 2TB Western Digital Black
    HDD #2: 2TB Toshiba
    Case: NZXT H510

My peripherals:
    Keyboard: SteelSeries Apex 3
    Mouse: HyperX Pulsefire Core/Cooler Master MasterMouse MM711
    Headset: Razer Blackshark v2

I am currently looking into eventually upgrading my RAM to 32GB and my GPU to either an AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT or RTX 3070 Ti. However, my GTX 1070 Ti is still going strong and is still able to play on many games on Ultra without much difficulty (My higher-end games being Hitman 3, Resident Evil Village, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Cyberpunk 2077).
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited July 2022
    PC
    I use an Asus gaming laptop. I wouldn’t mind playing on a play station ( I have played games with my daughter on her PS3 ), but my tv is small compared to many people these days ( it’s tucked in a closeable cabinet ), and I sit rather far away from it, fine for movies and tv shows, but not games I want to get close up to. I have my large gaming laptop on a rolling platform my daughter bought me, in the living room that I can easily tuck nicely away when I’m not playing. If I want I can watch tv while I’m playing. Sometimes I have news or something on for company,… lol.
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    PC
    PC for me. I already own one and not any consoles. And no matter how good a game is, if I can not mod it I don't bother with it.