Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• crimsonnclover324crimsonnclover324 Posts: 73 Member
    @luciusstorm re: Don investigates....

Man, I am just now catching up on the last 2 weeks of posts and OMG!! Vlad is taking everyone out, one by one...
    OriginID: crimsonclover324
    YachD4h.png
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,622 Member
    @GalacticGal, I really feel for Erik... I hope his waves of tragedy settle down soon and he can focus on his growing (and growing and growing and...) family and his music. I also must confess I'm starting to harbor a desire to have my Cassie met your Erik at the Starlight Accolades someday (assuming she can deal with her little occult war and get back to being a musical sensation one of these days).

@Sims4MagicalTales, wow... I really want to know who that hooded figure is. It's great seeing another take on the Moonwood Mill crowd.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    @luciusstorm Thanks for the mention. Might be intriguing should your Cassie meet my Erik. If you have it occur in your game I need to hear all about it. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Wyrd Girls - Werewolf High School

Fall had come to Moonwood Mill at last and things were changing for the teens.
    yCiEDfa.png
    On top of the start of school, Miranda faced renewed grief. She'd gotten word that her father, Don, was dead... murdered in his home under mysterious circumstances.

Yeah, he hadn't been the best dad in the world... starting at leaving mom pregnant at the altar and ending with rarely, if ever, being around. Yeah, he'd cheated on every woman he'd ever dated. (With as many affairs as he'd had, Miranda sometimes wondered if she had any half-brothers or sisters out there in the world.) Still, he'd been her dad. What little time they had had together had been good.
    e3OXNAV.png

It was a time where Miranda really missed her mom and Gwen. At least she had her friends. Jake was there for her, offered her a shoulder to cry on when she got the news.
    riTlTno.png

She was really glad to have a friend like him.
    6AhYw4G.png

Miranda had been worried about attending school again. She was, after all, the missing daughter of a (believed to be) murdered world-famous celebrity. What would happen when the Community High School asked for her records?

Fortunately Community High School, which educated teens from several small towns, communes, farms and lonely houses in surrounding area, was more than willing to turn a blind eye to strange teenagers showing up. No one questioned the sudden appearance of "Jake's cousin, Miranda Volkov" or her total lack of previous school records.
    Bhany5M.png
    It was quite enough that the new girl from Moonwood Mill was polite, studious and not prone to sudden outbursts. High school was never easy, but it was an especially hard time for teenage werewolves. The wolf inside them longed to run under the open sky, not to sit in cramped desks listening to teachers drone on about math.

Nick and Beth spent most days after school at the Volkov's.
    ox56XvS.png

Nick wasn't a great student... book smarts were Jake's thing, not his.
    5fJeXYL.png

Beth did her best to encourage her brother and keep him focused.
    0qJRwj3.png

A few times, the boys missed school entirely simply because they couldn't hold the wolf back anymore...
    WJOujW2.png

... but for the most part school was school.
    8qbck8M.png

While Miranda still eagerly wanted to unlock the secrets of Moonwood Mill, those early days of fall didn't leave any of them much time. Between school and homework, it was sometimes all Miranda could do to find some time to practice her violin...
    nn9HQxo.png
    ... and hang out with her friends.

Sadly, Nick's cheesy pickup lines weren't getting any better...
    sDZlWE7.png

... but they were getting along OK, when he didn't talk.
    ZhFTvLo.png

Jake and Beth were getting along well too...
    efEG8cf.png

... though also mostly without talking much.
    ag8AdUp.png

Despite all the dangers and challenges in the world, Miranda thought, really life wasn't half bad.
    CSBKvBj.png
    She knew could count on Jake to make her laugh when she needed to.
    nK1aXIs.png

She was really glad to have a friend like him.
    XeWaLnb.png
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Well, I think I encountered my first wedding pack glitch. After spending so much time in CAS, one of my merfolk couples lost their married status.

Kemps Zalrian and his Trans Wife seem to be experiencing the glitch, if it’s a glitch. Isla has the male sex, but the female pronoun and female body with a preference for feminine clothing. I try to represent the LGBTQ and different ethnic groups with my merfolk. Unfortunately, the game might not be able to process the complexity of Kemp’s relationship with Isla. Kemps is not gay and Isla is a mermaid, not a merman.

I’m worried that I created a relationship the game can’t recognize past the fiancé status.

My initial thought was to just do a marriage ceremony, but nothing seems to change them from having fiancé status. I was able to renew their vows.

Maybe they are married spouses still?

Anyone have any suggestions? I really don’t want to change how I designed Isla. It was really hard to make her trans. Editing her to be a good representation wasn’t easy. I may have to change her gender back to female if I can’t figure this out.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Sorry that happened @Metior_Ice . They sound like a beautiful couple.

I don't think anything about gender settings or occult type would affect the marriage status.

I do remember that there are some glitches when you set the fiance status in CAS rather than in gameplay.

If it's not too hard, could you go back to CAS, remove the fiance status, and then get them engaged through gameplay instead?
    You could look in Answers HQ for more info on that glitch.

Sorry that happened @Metior_Ice . They sound like a beautiful couple.

I don't think anything about gender settings or occult type would affect the marriage status.

I do remember that there are some glitches when you set the fiance status in CAS rather than in gameplay.

If it's not too hard, could you go back to CAS, remove the fiance status, and then get them engaged through gameplay instead?
    You could look in Answers HQ for more info on that glitch.

That’s probably what happened. Let me check on that. I’m hoping the game treats them as husband and wife. I can’t exactly see what they are at the moment.
    edited July 2022
    @mightysprite They might be stuck as they are. The game won’t let me change their relationship in CAS, even with CAS.Fulleditmode active.

I’m going to try and find a solution. I spent some time looking at the HQ reports and couldn’t find anything helpful.

The relationship changed when I changed Isla’s Gender and body frame.

Edit: They we’re husband and wife before I changed that detail.
    edited July 2022
    Ok, I just double checked a few things. Thank goodness for sim profiles.

They can’t plan a wedding because they are married.

They both have the deeply in love sentiments.

The Fiancé tag in their CAS relationship is probably a direct result of Isla’s gender set up.

In CAS, she’s male because she was born a merman and transitioned into being a mermaid.

Her pronouns are she/ her. Isla’s specific gender set ups are based around her biological birth, she can’t get pregnant but gets others pregnant and etc. But her preferences are feminine clothing and her body frame is female… that was the hardest part of designing her appearance in CAS. I think I did a good job making her look good though.

I moved Kemps and Isla in with Calum and Arihi. Now that it’s just Kemps and Isla and the older twins, as well as Ember, moved out, I thought it would be nice to move Kemps in with his younger brother.

As merfolk, I suspect that Kemps and Isla will be sleeping in the pool. Lol. It’s kinda the go to place for a lot of my merfolk when they autonomously sleep.

@Metior_Ice, that sucks... I hope you can report it as a glitch because it sure sounds like a place where the games code is maybe not living up to the games ideals.

You know... taking that "in game," it could make the roots of a good storyline... Say that it happened in game universe just like that - they lost their marriage rights because she transitioned. Use the protest feature and maybe the politician career from City Living to have them fight to have their marriage rights restored.
    @luciusstorm I really enjoyed your 'chapter' on High School. I like Jake, a lot. He seems like such a good guy. But I do worry about the friendships he may have very well put in jeopardy. Nice plot twist!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @Metior_Ice You can always plan a Renewal of their Vows, if the game sees them as married! That can be just as extravagant as a wedding.
    @Metior_Ice that's too bad. I agree that you should report it as a bug on Answers HQ especially if you are sure that they were properly husband and wife until you changed the gender and body frame. I wonder if the game had trouble with the gendered words "husband" and "wife" with the gender options changing?
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    @Metior_Ice Maybe this upcoming base game update will provide a solution. I still feel there will be something related to transgender sims in that. I keep picturing that promo graphic and it clearly had the trans pride flag and only that pride flag. It's still three weeks away and no guarantee that it will be able to fix your issue, but it's at least possible.
    @luciusstorm It would make for an interesting storyline, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to fit a political element to the story. But, It’s something to think about. To an extent, I’m trying not to bring too much realism into my game. Kemps is a political leader among merfolk, so it’s a possibility for the future.

I did enjoy your update, and I’ve been following them. I look forward to seeing what happens with Alexander Goth.

@GalacticGal I’ll see if I can plan a renewal of their vows. As far as I can tell, they are spouses. Their sim profile makes it pretty clear that they are still married. It’s how their marriage is represented in CAS that is worrisome. Isla is Kemps’s Wife, but that’s not how CAS sees it.

Also, I tested the romance interactions between Kemps and Isla. There seemed to be some resistance as the game figured things out. One thing I’ve noticed with romance is that sims that are Gay, Straight, or Bi have a tendency to perform romance interactions faster or slower depending on their preferences. Kemps is straight, but Isla is Male in CAS even if she isn’t technically male. Kemps did not seem quick to kiss his wife.

So, I have a feeling the game resolved the issue by changing Kemps to having a gay orientation, which wouldn’t be right for their relationship.

@DaniRose2143 I’m hoping it does. I try to include different social groups in my stories because I believe representation matters.
  • crimsonnclover324crimsonnclover324 Posts: 73 Member
    Erik went off to his second of four concerts for the day. While he was gone something told Kayleigh she should take another test. They were so hasty in their private party, all caution was thrown to the wind.
    Kayleigh followed the instructions on the test. Old hat for her now. She waited for the test to complete. It’s going to be negative. It has to be negative. At last, she took a look at the stick.
    b5GED7c.jpg

Sitting there for some time, Kayleigh just wasn’t sure how she felt about this — how Erik was going to feel about this. Oh, you’ve done it, now.
    zIQr2z8.jpg

I just can't even... I keep trying to wrap my head around this one and it keeps leaving me speechless. In <blink, blink> mode. :o

OriginID: crimsonclover324
    YachD4h.png
    (Part 1 of... several)

Salim, Tanvi and Laila decided to get out of the city for Harvestfest. They headed to Granite Falls, which was supposed to be lovely in autumn. It was dark and neither the GPS signal nor the road signs were much help in finding their accommodation.
    Finally Tanvi said "I think this is it."
    "It's not quite as luxurious as the website made it out to be," observed Salim.
    cabin.png

"There is not enough glam in this glamping," said Laila.
    03-wrong-turn-dont-feel-well.png

"Honestly, we're here, it's late at night, why not make the best of it? It will be an adventure," said Tanvi. "Plus, I don't feel well and I really need to lie down."
    02-wrong-turn-1.png

Laila looked around suspiciously while Salim lit candles and jiggled the light fixture in the kitchen until it wobbled into action.
    04-cabin1.png

"Dad, it looks like animals have been in here," said Laila.
    06-cabin-3.png

"I don't see any animals right now. Except you."
    "Very funny, Dad."
    05-cabin-2.png

"Anyway, I'm going to sleep too I think. You can go for a walk and explore a little if you want. IF YOU DARE."
    "Very funny, Dad."
    "Just don't go too far."

Laila followed some nearby lights and ended up at a fenced-in area that turned out to be a small bar. Well, her parents might not approve, but technically she didn't go far away.
    She met the bartender, Selene López. An angry @Simmingal came stomping in behind them.
    07-bar-1.png

(Hi, Simmingal! This is your first appearance in my game since I added you a while back. I don't have Vampires, but somehow you seem to know to be angry around the werewolf bar. Unless you're just angry all the time.)

Laila met a cool girl there. Her name was Lux.
    08-bar-2.png

Laila and Lux got along great right away, cracking jokes up and down the bar at each other. "Go sit somewhere else, loud children," grumbled Simmingal.
    09-bar-3.png

They did. They kept trading stories and cracking each other up. Laila wanted to sit there all night with her. Lux suddenly scratched her ear in an odd way.
    10-bar-4.png

Laila was going to ask her about it, but she was starting to feel a little poorly. Maybe a touch of what Mom had. She and Lux said goodnight and promised to meet up the next day. "I hope you can come to our Harvestfest dinner," said Laila. Being a teenager, it didn't occur to Laila that Lux might have her own family or her own thing going on at Harvestfest. But Lux agreed quite happily and quickly.
    11-bar-5.png

The next morning Salim set out while Tanvi rested, to figure out where they were. It didn't take long to determine this wasn't Granite Falls.
    12-salim-got-to-know-1.png

He learned that there were werewolves in town, that it wasn't just a legend. He thought this was very interesting. Especially within the safe pages of a book.
    12-salim-got-to-know-2.png

"Glad to see you feeling better."
    13-feeling-better.png

"Yeah! I'm so glad you could come! You'll love my mom's cooking."
    14-dinner1.png

"Mmmmmhffffmmh delicious mmfhmmmm rrrr!" said Lux.
    "Why thank you!" said Tanvi. "I think I did pretty well this year considering it was an unfamiliar kitchen. Do you know the only sink is in the outhouse? It's as if whoever built this place forgot to make a kitchen sink or something." (Yup, that's exactly what happened.)
    Salim thought about the werewolf books and lost his appetite.
    15-dinner2.png

After dinner Laila played a little guitar for Lux. For some reason she suddenly cared a lot about the quality of her playing, wanting Lux to think well of her.
    16-dinner3-cares-about-quality.png

"Wanna go for a walk?" asked Lux.

They walked down toward a little trailer decorated with offbeat graffiti.

On the way, Lux told Laila about Moonwood Mill. The werewolf stories were real. Lux herself had recently become a werewolf. Her family couldn't handle it, so she left her job and moved here to town alone. She'd found friends here who were lifesavers. "This is Rory," said Lux. "She's been incredible."
    17-met-rory.png

"Wow, you look amazing in wolf form!" enthused Laila. "Is your human form this good-looking? Ack! I didn't mean that the way it sounded! Um, I think werewolves are really awesome. Let me tell you all about the series of books I'm writing. It's called 'The Wolf Women.' I didn't know anything about werewolves when I started it, so I probably need to change a lot of stuff."
    "Cute kid," said Rory to Lux. "Right down to the llama earrings. She is making me tired."
    But they had a fun night, even Rory.
    18-fun-together.png

Salim and Tanvi didn't notice how late Laila was out, because they were busy doing their own thing.
    19-doing-their-own-thing.png
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @Metior_Ice I have actually noticed some other gender problems in CAS. It seems like when they did the pronoun update and went through all the notifications that come up in game, they maybe didn't get to the CAS. I changed a Sim's pronouns to they/them in CAS, and it still said "brother" when I scrolled over them from their sister's perspective. This should probably be "sibling" once pronouns are set to they/them, or obviously switched between brother/sister if there is a change between he/she. I am guessing they just didn't think of that yet. Hopefully by now they are aware of it and will update CAS too. This is probably the same issue it had with "wife" and "husband" instead of "spouse," for they/them pronouns, or a change in genders.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,075 Member
    After spending the Spring of 1988 helping the resident's of Strangerville, Liberty was feeling ill. After speaking to a local doctor it turns out she hadn't picked something from Strangerville. Instead Liberty is expecting again!
    lmJjv5e.png
    Now Liberty in my game has already given birth to two sets of twins, Tommy and Sienna in 1979 and Beatrix and Carlin in 1982. I normally check with MCCC to check the pregnancy's but this one i'll surprise myself with!

My sim self took the news very well:
    Eyd5VHk.png

And both were happy to be home in Newcrest that afternoon:
    dO8DK6o.png

Wyrd Girls - Awakening

Xander Goth acknowledged that his family had a rather macabre reputation. The stories about his ancestors tended to involve various combinations of tragedy, misery and dread. Popular opinion held that the family mansion was haunted. A fact his father had embraced openly, while adding to the family fortune as a successful horror novelist. His sister Cassie's musical and performance style played on the Goth name and reputation.

Xander had been trying for years to distance himself from it all. He was a computer programmer. He lived in a modern apartment in the city. Maybe he'd never quite shaken the family tendency to dress in black but, he insisted, black went with everything. Really, Xander Goth had no use for ghosts and spirits and things that go bump in the night.

Waking up in a coffin, with his pale, spooky, blood-play girlfriend looming over him, was therefore a rather unsettling experience for him.
    KoK8Pyw.png
    He didn't really hand it well... Lilith just calming let him shout himself out, observing to herself that he'd inherited some of his father's literary flare at least when it came to creative profanity.
    CqebCzK.png

She waiting until his emotional outburst brought him around to the actual events of the night before...

"Oh my God! Max shot me. He shot me!" Xander yelled before considering an impossible possibility. "Lilith... did I... am I dead."
    bpuADsh.png

"Not yet," Lilith said sadly, "but you are dying."

"What?"

"Max shot you and you were going to die of it. I did the only thing I could do. I took you blood and gave you my own. In the next day, maybe two, your body will die and rise again. You will be like me - a vampire."
    eT9S7bO.png

"A vampire," Xander whispered. "That's impossible."

"Perhaps," Lilith agreed, "but it is also true. Now you need to learn what it means... and met my family."
    "My brother, Caleb."

"Caleb Vatore, the writer?" Xander was surprised. "My dad talks about you. I thought you were older."

"I am," Caleb laughed.

"Caleb's wife, Irma," Lilith continued.

"Wait, Irma Gold?" Xander said. "Didn't you host the fundraiser for World United?"

"I'm glad you remember me," Irma smiled. "You see Xander, we're not all that different from you."
    DVZYaY2.png

"Vampires," Caleb expounded, "are only monsters if we choose to be... much like mortals."
    9ZF8zoj.png

Caleb, Lilith knew, was prepared to go on at great length about the nature of the curse and his philosophy on controlling it. She decided to spare Xander that - for now - and reminded her brother he had a deadline with his publisher.

Recognizing that Xander was, and always had been, a lover of books she instead provided him with some - tomes of vampire lore and secrets.

"You know," Xander mused. "We have a copy of this in the library at home. Cassie read the whole thing. I started it but I never really took it seriously."

"Now you should," Lilith purred.
    CU8I0p6.png
    Lilith had brought him clothes to change into. For the most part, they left him alone to read the books Lilith gave him.
    UzIl1Zi.png

Honestly, Xander still didn't believe it. Lilith had always been dark and intense, but so was Cassie. Caleb was a bit odd, in the way that eccentric rich people were odd and Irma, well she was fairly normal for a powerful woman - focused and very self-contained. The idea that these people were vampires... that he was become one... seemed crazy.

Still, he couldn't shake the memory of Max shooting him.
    GsX9DxO.png

A gnawing hunger set in... but the Vatores cupboards yielded only dry pasta and an old jar of tomato sauce. Xander was pretty sure the sauce had gone off... eating made him feel sick and didn't do much for the hunger.
    JzpoVdK.png

Alone, in the tower room, the three vampires discussed him.

"You shouldn't have done this," Caleb said.

"He would have died," Lilith countered.

"Why shouldn't she bring him over?" Irma said. "She cares for him, like you cared for me... and it is good to have a new member of the family."
    rBBwHYa.png
    "It's too late now anyway," Lilith said. "It's done. Soon, he will be part of the family."

"I hope so," Caleb said. "If he embraces our ways."
    79jvXuN.png

"He will," Lilith said...
    1cmOJEO.png

"I know he will."
    TdKxPmp.png
    Wow, @luciusstorm, I certainly didn't see this one coming! I feel so badly for Xander.
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    McFly (Back to the Future): Marty, Doc Emmett, and Einstein the dog are here.

Marty goes to that werewolf bar and meets VesVes of the Sailor Moon series.
    06-19-22-1-10-14-PM.png

Here is the now happy family together, playing with the dog.
    07-02-22-5-03-01-PM.png

Here's VesVes's sister, JunJun coming for a visit. I don't remember why Marty is nude here.
    07-02-22-5-53-37-PM.png

The twin daughters are named Lorriane and Jennifer (after Marty's mom and girlfriend).
    07-02-22-6-12-27-PM.png

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Today my game was super frustrating, because I decided to have my actress do one more gig before her wedding, but that meant that everything in Tartosa was closed by the time she got there after work, so I had to delay the wedding and now there's a thunderstorm and none of the weather cheats I can find online will work for me.
    Also I was trying really hard to create some drama but the jealous trait has been nerfed and the hurt sentiment keeps giving sad moodlets rather than angry so it's an uphill slog.
    I think I found some answers though so by the time I post the story here hopefully you'll never notice.
    I played my new Flashback save today and haven't yet written anything up. I won't add much her except to say Erik became a Notable Newcomer his first day. He was hotter than hot and got a gig for a photoshoot, which is what pushed him over, I would imagine. He also took his drone down to the Karaoke Bar in Newcrest to live stream while he sang a few solo songs on the machine before the contest began. He won the contest with a whopping score of 87! (This is the best Erik has EVER done, by the way.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top