Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yall im terrified at LGR's prediction

2...Next

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I'm not feeling the love for Sims 5 myself at this point, and if it is a multiplayer online game I'm probably just going to carry on playing TS4. I have no desire to play online games. I've done it in the past and it wasn't a lot of fun, mostly due to toxic personalities. TS4 has issues, but I would rather see them work on bug fixes and get on a run of good content like Werewolves brought to the game. Do the pack refreshes that were promised and I see no reason to get in a rush for a brand new iteration of the Sims.

Id hate to see a mandatory online multiplayer setting. While I like playing alone, I like the idea of playing the sims with my family or friends so im open to an optional online or couch co-op. Ive played sims co-op with Sims 1 console and it is pretty fun.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'm not feeling the love for Sims 5 myself at this point, and if it is a multiplayer online game I'm probably just going to carry on playing TS4. I have no desire to play online games. I've done it in the past and it wasn't a lot of fun, mostly due to toxic personalities. TS4 has issues, but I would rather see them work on bug fixes and get on a run of good content like Werewolves brought to the game. Do the pack refreshes that were promised and I see no reason to get in a rush for a brand new iteration of the Sims.

Id hate to see a mandatory online multiplayer setting. While I like playing alone, I like the idea of playing the sims with my family or friends so im open to an optional online or couch co-op. Ive played sims co-op with Sims 1 console and it is pretty fun.

Sims 2 coop (and I am assuming 1 was the same) was really fun, but I don't see it ever being like that on PC. We controlled Sims from traditional 3rd person instead of top down and could interact with each other like a coop RPG.

If Sims 5 goes online it'll probably be MMO on hosted/monitored servers. However, if offline single player and private servers are delivered, I'll happily eat my words.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member

It's been a while since they said that The Sims 5 would maybe have multiplayer. I'm honestly not sure if that even matters now that they have said that they are shifting towards unreal engine 5 and we have no idea what Maxis are doing besides making content for The Sims 4.

Frankly, we don't know anything about what is going on and personally I think that also makes it a bit frustrating and why I share LGR's frustration. He grew up with all the games Maxis made but now we only talk about one game. An 8 year old game.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    edited July 2022

I like that idea, give players a choice of online or off. What worries me about the forced multiplayer is that seems to be the main way their target demographic likes to game, online with their friends. That's cool, that's what they've grown up with. I just hope Maxis gives the rest of us, the lifers or for those like myself, the long timers, the loyal simmers who love the offline play, the option to still partake in the new version but in the familiar and comfortable way we enjoy. Personally I don't know how I could have that same one on one bonding with my sims, and immersion into the worlds and stories I create and be online, even with friends. Well, maybe really close friends, but even then if they're not available to join in, it ruins the session or cancels it altogether.

ETA: They haven't been consulting with us at all in the surveys and I worry that they will cater Sims 5 entirely to the smaller, younger group of simmers and forget about us, who I'd dare to say are a larger core group. As always I hope I'm wrong but I am worried.

I like that idea, give players a choice of online or off. What worries me about the forced multiplayer is that seems to be the main way their target demographic likes to game, online with their friends. That's cool, that's what they've grown up with. I just hope Maxis gives the rest of us, the lifers or for those like myself, the long timers, the loyal simmers who love the offline play, the option to still partake in the new version but in the familiar and comfortable way we enjoy. Personally I don't know how I could have that same one on one bonding with my sims, and immersion into the worlds and stories I create and be online, even with friends. Well, maybe really close friends, but even then if they're not available to join in, it ruins the session or cancels it altogether.

Yeah, in your own sim stories they can be personal and endearing, and I like making my own stories with them. For my multiplayer sims games it felt more like a time management game because Sims 1 needs are really difficult to stay up, so it was a different kind of fun. If the next sims has similiar difficulty theres a way that kind of fun can be explored. Or like with Open for Business, with multiplayer you can work together to create/cook/stock product and sell them to the neighborhood. Also multiplayer can be nice for builders collabing.

Calico45 wrote: »

Sims 2 coop (and I am assuming 1 was the same) was really fun, but I don't see it ever being like that on PC. We controlled Sims from traditional 3rd person instead of top down and could interact with each other like a coop RPG.

If Sims 5 goes online it'll probably be MMO on hosted/monitored servers. However, if offline single player and private servers are delivered, I'll happily eat my words.

That is true, I forgot that the cursor worked differently for console, im not sure how theyll implement it. They may make more use of that first person view, can bring back that pillar cursor, or maybe let us choose 1 of the 3. Id really love to see private server, im not interested in mmo style

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I don't mind whichever route they take, I just want something different from The Sims 4.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • EleriEleri Posts: 534 Member
    > @StrawberryYogurt said:
    > Im shaking ><
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Quotes like 'Sims 4 will go on for many more years' makes me cringe, I only wish Sims 2 had this lifespan.

I actually enjoyed playing Sims 2 until 2015 (never got into 3). I agree it would have been great if they had given it the Sims 4 treatment with new content (but without the bugs) over many years.

I'm not going to get on board with Sims 5 unless they do something really novel with it. If it's just an excuse to resell us seasons, pets, university, etc. I'm not interested.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.