Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Refresh thing still happening?

jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
I wish Get to Work and Dine Out will get a refresh soon, and also the luxury party stuff pack needs more items in it.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I would love for Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Island Living, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville &
    Discover University to have a full refresh. ;)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    I think they said that they saw how popular the spa day refresh was but they were not sure if they were gonna do more refreshes.

I thought that they were gonna do three refreshes, based on their old survey (where you could select three packs), but it looks like they only had one planned so I'm not sure we are gonna see any more. If we are going to see another refresh then it will probably be during fall like last year.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,107 Member
    I really hope we see some more! I would love a Get Famous refresh to bring in pop/rock bands and solo singers.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It isn't off the table and they did introduce it as an entire concept, however it isn't a guarantee either. Long story short, no official comment.

It might have come down to a cost benefit analysis of how many additional units of Spa Day sold, and last I checked no one but EA/Maxis has those numbers.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I hope that was not the last pack refresh the Spa Day refresh just proved how good a pack could be if its theme was fully flesh out. I hope they do at least one more refresh and fix the mess that is Get to Work such a great theme that could have added greatly to game play but was so poorly implemented.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    I agree, Get to Work is by far the weakest expansion pack and REALLY needs an update.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    I really hope refreshes aren't done. I want an Island Living refresh.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member
    Really wish they do more refreshes
    I think oldest packs need them the most like Get To Work or Outdoor Retreat

but also I would really love to see it for most of the ep and gp cause theres just always something to be improved

well aside from batuu cause i don't plan to have batuu so it would be dud on make Simmingal happy agenda :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Let’s be honest here. Every pack needs a refresh.

I hope they aren’t stopping them - I would be heartbroken if they didn’t do any more!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    I hope they refresh Get to Work first
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    EA's communications is not really great right now. Are refreshes still a thing? We don't know. Are stuff packs still a thing? We don't know!
    I hope for a refresh for "Outdoor Retreat" as I do not use this pack anymore (only CAS and a handful of B/B items).
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
    Erja888 wrote: »
    EA's communications is not really great right now. Are refreshes still a thing? We don't know. Are stuff packs still a thing? We don't know!
    I hope for a refresh for "Outdoor Retreat" as I do not use this pack anymore (only CAS and a handful of B/B items).

Yes there is a lot they could add to Outdoor Retreat like hammocks,sleeping bags,ax throwing,log rolling,make the waterfall river swimmable etc.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I hope so, so many other packs need it. Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, GF, Parenthood, Island Living, Uni, CL and the list goes on...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I hope so, so many other packs need it. Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, GF, Parenthood, Island Living, Uni, CL and the list goes on...
    Don't forget "Cats & Dogs", because this pack needs to bring back dog houses NOW!!
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Well, we haven't gotten one since the Spa Day refresh, so I'm gonna say no... lol Just like how they decided gameplay kits would no longer happen.

My guess is it didn't make them $$$, so they scrapped the idea entirely... something EA would do.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    everything could use refresh
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »

I want scout gatherings to happen in Granite Falls. I tried to create a club gathering using scouts but I didn't see an option for it, probably because Granite Falls is considered a vacation spot. Some of my children sign up for scouts by themselves and I thought it would be nice to see them as townies in that world.

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Dine Out needs bug fixes, not so much a refresh. Get to Work can use a refresh. It was one of the oldest packs for Sims 4 and they can add an active firefighter career, a separate police career from detectives and add burglars (unless they add them in base game).
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    Well, we haven't gotten one since the Spa Day refresh, so I'm gonna say no... lol Just like how they decided gameplay kits would no longer happen.

My guess is it didn't make them $$$, so they scrapped the idea entirely... something EA would do.

They can’t exactly make people buy the pack a second time. Meaning any profit comes strictly from those who didn’t own the pack already…
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member

agreed. but isn't the little kids camping kit a gameplay kit? I dunno.
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Don't forget "Cats & Dogs", because this pack needs to bring back dog houses NOW!!

True plus the ocean in Brendleton Bay needs to be updated so sims can swim in it.

Well it has objects in it that we already have in other packs with new swatches that has gameplay but the gurus don't consider this a gameplay kit cause it isn't new objects.
  • PhobostimePhobostime Posts: 38 Member

A gameplay kit would need to introuce new gamepay and there's no new gameplay in the kids camping kit.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member

Well it has objects in it that we already have in other packs with new swatches that has gameplay but the gurus don't consider this a gameplay kit cause it isn't new objects.

I see.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    > @SnaveXs said:
    > I want scout gatherings to happen in Granite Falls. I tried to create a club gathering using scouts but I didn't see an option for it, probably because Granite Falls is considered a vacation spot. Some of my children sign up for scouts by themselves and I thought it would be nice to see them as townies in that world.

I've taken members of other households with me on vacation, so I think you can do that with the scouts. Make it a scouting weekend, instead of a shorter meetup. I don't know if it would require bringing a parent along, that might limit your numbers.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.