Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"What should we call this?"...the making of a Sims story

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Jamie got a little overconfident but he did alright. I can't wait to see him once he's mastered his new powers.

I'm also curious of how he's going to react once Marcia shares the big news with him. After all, he did all of this to help her. I know I would be relieved that it's nothing serious, plus he has some cool new powers.

Another great chapter. I'm glad to see you back writing again. :)
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2022
    @SweetieWright_84 Jamie pulls these faces that make Z and me laugh. They're part smirk and part swagger, but there's an innocence to them that keeps him from seeming cocky and obnoxious. When we see that face, we have Jamie run with the emotion. If there's a girl around, we'll have him approach her--if she hasn't approached him first. And that's why we had him challenge Matteo to a Duel, even though we figured Matteo would clean his clock.

Not surprisingly, you've already figured out what will happen in the next chapter that features the Eldridges. :)

Thanks for your kind words! When I don't *try* to make the story happen, it seems to do it on its own.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    32. Weekend
    The universe gave Cameron a rare gift on Friday morning: a cloudless sky over Brindleton Bay, with a soft breeze keeping the day from feeling too warm. He went off to work with a bounce in his stride, and came home in just as good a mood.

Cam had just finished caring for his Birds of Paradise when he heard a knock at his door. His mom dropped in for a surprise visit.
    “I hope I’m not interrupting your plans,” Courtenay asked him. She looked around the house, noting with pride the fact that her son seemed to be able to keep the place clean.
    “Not at all,” he assured her. “I don’t have anything planned until tomorrow evening. I’m meeting Angie at the Romance Festival…”
    He watched Courtenay smile, and he stopped, mid-sentence, his cheeks reddening.
    Courtenay giggled. “That sounds wonderful. I’m glad you and Angie are getting along so well.”
    Cameron told his mother about the pool party he was planning for Angie, Christopher, and Kaitlynne. “Will it just be the four of you?” she asked.
    “That’s what we talked about.”
    “You might think about inviting more people, Cam. Imagine you’re Christopher or Kaitlynne. You’ve been invited to hang out with a new couple…just the two of you. What might you start to think?”
    OkhNxL5.png
    Cameron nodded. “That Angie and I are trying to fix you up.”
    “Exactly. But don’t simply invite more couples. That makes it look even more like a ‘couples only’ party.”
    Cam thought for a moment. Most of the people he knew were in relationships. “If I invite other single people, will it look like I’m trying to pair everyone up?”
    “You’ll think of something,” Courtenay assured him.

After Courtenay headed back home, Cameron decided to relax with some yoga. The gym in Brindleton Bay didn’t offer yoga classes, so he set off for the larger health club in Willow Creek. The only other Sim in his class was Eleanor Dornan, the wife of his “old” friend, Chase. Cam didn’t know Eleanor well. In fact, he couldn't remember seeing Eleanor anywhere other than the gym.
    YvUukRg.png
    Cameron was becoming fairly good at yoga; he could manage most of the basic poses the instructor asked them to do, although he passed on the handstand. Still, when he finished, he felt uncomfortably stiff. This isn’t what I was expecting, he thought to himself. Once he got home, he ran himself a warm, comforting bath.
    EhOO0xE.png
    The night was still young, and the weather was almost perfect, so Cameron went for a walk around Sable Square. He met a friendly-looking man who apparently had the same idea.
    “Sul sul,” Cameron greeted him with a wave.
    “Sul,” he replied. “I don’t believe we’ve met. I’m Graham Sims. I just moved into the neighborhood.”
    Cameron recognized the name. “I believe I met your wife already…Mary Ann?”
    Graham shook his head with a smile. “Close. Mary Kate.” They laughed together.
    Cameron was finding it easier than ever to make friends, and he and Graham seemed to hit it off immediately. Then Cam got an idea.
    “You and Mary Kate have kids, right?”
    “One. A teenage daughter, Zoe.”
    “I’m having a little party at my house. Grilling, hanging out by the pool, that kind of thing. Would the three of you like to come?”
    TlZEPUX.png
    “That sounds great, Cameron.”
    “I’ll let you know exactly when once I finalize the plans.” The two men said good night and went on their separate ways.

The next day, of course, was Saturday. Cam had several hours between work and the Romance Festival. “Learn to skate” was not one of the items on The List he had made, but he’d watched other Sims enjoy themselves on the outdoor rink in Willow Creek. He was feeling energetic and a bit restless, so he decided to give it a try.

Skating turned out to be fun, but more difficult than Cameron thought it would be.
    2KzbvOt.png
    8xFIreD.png
    Cam gradually began to spend more time on his skates before he ended up on his bottom again. Had nature not called, he might have stayed at the rink all afternoon.

As he emerged from the washroom, Cameron heard a familiar voice.
    “What are you doing here?”
    11eT5lg.png
    Cam smiled at his sister. “Want the details?”
    “Ewwwww.”
    Cam and Halle were close. They were both secretly pleased to see each other. As Cameron told her what he’d been up to, he mentioned meeting Graham and Mary Kate Sims.
    “Sims…” Halle mused. “Do they have a daughter about my age?”
    “Yeah, they do. Her name’s Zoe. Do you know her?”
    “I’ve seen her Simstagram story.” Of course, Cameron thought.
    “Hey, Halle…I’m having some people over for a cookout and a swim. I invited Zoe and her family, because they’re new in the neighborhood. Do you want to join us?”
    Halle didn’t hesitate. “Ummm, yeah! I was wondering when you were going to invite your favorite sister to hang out at your pool again.” She smiled sweetly.
    “Cool. It’s just a small group…you, them, Angie, a couple of other friends.”
    “Let me know, k?”
    “Sure, Hal.”

Now Cameron’s guest list was complete. Cameron liked Graham and Mary Kate, and wanted to make them and Zoe feel at home in Brindleton Bay. Zoe might enjoy Halle’s company, and vice versa. And with the Simses and Halle there, Chris and Kait wouldn’t feel like they’d been invited to Romance Night at Cameron’s Pool.

And, speaking of Romance Night…
    uhcKxTP.png
    “I knew next-to-nothing about romance,” a blushing Angie said. “The Romance Channel can make it seem really easy, or full of drama. Whatever else we are, Cam and I are friends. We talk about all kinds of things. I love that.”
    ZOctLW1.png
    “I watch my Mom and Dad, and it’s obvious they like hanging out together. So do Grandpa Mason and Grandma Martha,” Cameron observed. “I’m not saying Angie and I are getting married”--here, Cam blushed–”but I really like hanging out with Angie, too.”
    49OunG3.png
    Yet, it’s called the Romance Festival for a reason.
    JwRL815.png
    8oTZqe1.png
    Post edited by MoonlightGraham on
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I have to agree with Courtenay, Christopher and Kaitlynne would see right through Cam's little get-together. I'm glad she helped him see it.

I can't remember but the romance festival is Cam's and Angie's first kiss, isn't it? I can't remember whether they kissed on their date or not. My memory is terrible, forgive me. :D
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I have to agree with Courtenay, Christopher and Kaitlynne would see right through Cam's little get-together. I'm glad she helped him see it.

I can't remember but the romance festival is Cam's and Angie's first kiss, isn't it? I can't remember whether they kissed on their date or not. My memory is terrible, forgive me. :D

Courtenay delivered some motherly wisdom, didn't she? It was fun deciding, along with Cameron, who would be added to the guest list. When Cam ran into Graham, the idea of welcoming his family to the neighborhood seemed perfect. And, inviting Halle to give Zoe someone to hang out with made sense, too. Cam was going to call Halle with the invitation, but she obligingly found him at the gym. Halle tends to have perfect timing, popping up when she's needed or, even more delightfully, to deliver an idea for a new plot twist.

That was actually Cam & Angie's second kiss. They did kiss on their date, once Ethan the waiter stopped dropping food and hovering around their table. And it's been almost three months since I wrote the "first date" post, so you're definitely excused for misremembering! :smile:

Post edited by MoonlightGraham on
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,753 Member
    Almost caught up!
    Jamie becoming a spellcaster so he can help his mum is so heartwarming. I hope he finds a way to save her, and that he can do it within the time limit of his mum’s dwindling life span. Fingers crossed… seeing how easily distracted he seems to be 😅

Haha, poor Cameron. Everyone is giving him different advice on where to go and what to do on his date. The problem with that is they’re all thinking for their own perspectives, and not from what Angie would like. Golden rule: if you’re not sure, ask the best friend! Nobody knows your crush better than their right-hand (wo)man. If they can keep a secret, of course. 🤭

Aww, they’re hitting it off so well. They really are a good match, it seems. Oof, and there comes competition to throw a wrench in their budding relationship. Moriah and Leah sound absolutely terrible. Sneaking into people’s backyards and helping themselves to what’s not theirs is one thing, but helping themselves to what shouldn’t be theirs, just for their own gain, is another thing altogether. I hope that Cameron sees them for what they are and doesn’t give them the time of day… and I hope that Angie doesn’t get the wrong idea.

Haha, Simeon sounds like the grumpy old man that complains about the “youth of these days”. He has a point about Jamie though, more than he even realizes. On the one hand, Jamie doesn’t know how much time he has and needs to learn what he’s looking for as soon as possible, but on the other, he keeps getting distracted by cute girls. The downside of being a teenage boy, I suppose, ha. Oof, he just wants everything at once without really knowing what he’s doing, doesn’t he?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    @_sims_Yimi I'm glad you're following along!
    I think this story is best when I let the events of my game drive the story, rather than setting up events in the game that fit a narrative I've already developed. The first way seems more like "playing The Sims" to me, and the game is what inspired my story.

Right after Cameron decided to ask Angie out, his friends swarmed him every time they saw him. They were probably telling him about new species of fish and enthusing about their interests, but it was easy for Z and me to imagine they were giving him some (mostly) unsolicited advice. Kaitlynne, who's one of Angie's best friends, would have been the perfect person to run an idea or two past, but by the time Cam saw her, he'd already planned their date.

Cam and Angie's chemistry is adorable. As soon as they met, their green bars started filling, and now they're completely full. In fact, we weren't sure if they would become a couple, because their friendship became so powerful. Again, the game took over, and they began to flirt a bit autonomously...and then Angie made that fateful phone call!

Z and I originally created Leah and Moriah for another save, but we decided to plunk them into a swanky apartment in San Myshuno and see if they'd cause any mischief at a festival, etc. Then we spotted Moriah at the Cat Café in Brindleton Bay. Z was immediately "What is SHE doing here?" she asked. "She has to be up to no good." Next thing we knew, we had them snooping around the Ross house.

And Jamie is a lot of fun to play! His desire to do whatever it takes to help his Mom conflicts with his ten-second attention span, doesn't it? Simeon's timing is impeccable; he always seems to pull a scowl and shuffle over to see what Jamie is up to at the best possible moments.

@Kellogg_J_Kellogg A part of us were hoping Matty Disco might decide to crash Cam and Angie's date...but Matty does what Matty wants. Rest assured that whenever Matty wanders into the game, Z and I find a way to include his appearance in the story.

Thanks for reading, both of you!
    Yevsas mairzeemo!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top