Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Feel the Release of HSYs Is Too Soon After Werewolves pack?

ยซ1
CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Yes, no? Why, or why not?
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Do You Feel the Release of HSYs Is Too Soon After Werewolves pack? 88 votes

Yes
15%
Cinebarbenson2006CeridwenOldeseadoggeSilentKittyLoanetEvilyn_1007llejenaAngeliqueAdelaideSimmingalKimmerTequila_Rose_13191IsharellTammors 14 votes
No
84%
crocobauraBluegayleCK213EvvieSimmerGoldmoldarSara1010PGalacticGalMichelleWalan650111Omri147MartinvSimburiankeekee53Mariefoxprice83simgirl1010friendlysimmersg01denswanloubylouloualanmichael1SimplyJen 74 votes

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,967 Member
    No
    No time for a pack is too soon for me. I loved it when stuff packs were coming out often. Wish they would start bringing them out again every couple of months.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I dunno. I mean, Cottage Living was released on July last year so I was expecting the new pack to be around July this year too.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    No
    No, it's been a long time since the last EP. Apart from content creators not creating much content with the werewolf GP I don't really see much disadvantages with releasing the packs a bit close to each other.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No
    No. More content is fun. It's not taking away anything or stopping anyone from playing with werewolves. Simmers were complaining of content drought for a long time now. It's been a long time since we even had an expansion. And although I like kits many simmers prefer big packs. Nor is this the first time we had two big things releasing a bit closer together. For people who wasn't interested in werewolves, now they also have something to look forward to.
    Simmers on Twitter seem pretty excited too so I say no. Werewolves in highschool sounds like fun๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    Would you rather less content farther spaced apart or...?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,325 Member
    No
    I'm looking forward to stories about werewolves going to high school.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    No
    No. The more content the merrier! We haven't had an expansion since the amazing COTTAGE LIVING a year ago anyways. We've had 90 kits since then though. The Sims is my main hobby and I love getting new meaty gameplay content!!!
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    No
    I said no because there are different teams that work on different pack types at multiple times. HSY wasn't just some last minute project they through together overnight ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ chances are, it was being worked on for months alongside werewolves.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    No
    The pacing of pack releases could be more balanced and less "drought for a long time and then a flood" but we haven't had an EP in almost a year so it's really not too soon.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    No
    An expansion pack is overdue and I would like to see another one this year.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yes
    I'm really just worried about bug fixes keeping to speed with releases coming one after another so fast

hopefully they at least take bug squashing autumn after high school cause its really spinning out of control

I'm sure people will be preoccupied romancing greg and sending greglets to school until the christmas anyway
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited July 2022
    No
    Nope, keep the new content coming! But as Simmingal said, not if it affects bug fixes though. No point in releasing stuff if it doesn't work.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    No
    Nah. We usually get a new EP during the summer anyway. Im not exactly starving for new content since Werewolves is keeping me fed, but its been awhile since we had an EP that I was personally looking forward to.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    No
    No, because I don't have Werewolves yet, (waiting for a sale), so I'm in need of new content. But on the other hand, it does feel like we're getting everything at the same time after a really long drought, as besides MWS we only got kits and updates.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    No
    Not even a little bit, we have had a massive big content drought since the plague and I am happy to get something bigger than kits. Donโ€™t get me wrong I am one of the rare kit loving birds, but I have also been so hungry for something meatier. Plus these 2 packs can kind of dovetail for those who want to recreate Twilight and/or Teen Wolf stories. Iโ€™m excited about it and I actually wasnโ€™t thrilled with the concept of a high school pack.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    No. The Werewolves pack added nothing for my play style so it pretty much does not exist to me the last expansion was a year ago and not that great the wait was long enough for a real expansion pack.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    No
    For me, it's a pack I'm looking forward to, and since I didn't want Werewolves, it's nice I don't have to wait eons before a pack comes along I'm truly interested in. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    No
    No, because Werewolves as great as it is was a supernatural pack, There are a lot of people who don't enjoy supernaturals. Plus HighSchool Years is an expansion pack and it has been a long time since Cottage Living released, we are due for one.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    No
    Nope! It's been almost a year since our last EP.

Last year DHD released June 1 and Cottage Living released on July 22. (51 Days between the releases)

This year WW released June 16 and HSY will release on July 28. (42 Days between releases)

That's only a little over a week difference in release dates between last year's EP and GP and this year's EP and GP. I didn't hear a single person y complain last year that it was too soon when Cottage living came out so soon afterwards.

So, no, I don't think so at all.

Plus, we didn't have anything but kits between July 2021 to February 2022, that's almost 7 months with no actual gameplay content, just "stuff".
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    No
    Because we usually get a summer Expansion Pack.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    No
    It's probably the best timing, actually. We now have vampires, werewolves, spellcasters, merfolk, aliens...and here comes an active high school experience? You know they're nudging toward those people who love supernatural school settings with that move, right? Oh, you thought this pack was only geared toward people who like to play normie sims? Look at all of the books, movies, shows, manga, etc. that have to do with super-powered or supernatural teenagers in high school! This was a calculated move and we all know it...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    No
    They gave something for the supernatural player so now something for the ''family'' player. I don't think it's too soon. Would have said otherwise if it was Werewolves then Fairies or I don't know what else.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    No
    It's been a year since we last got an expansion pack so no, I don't think it's too soon.

It could be that the team's recovering from the lag caused by the pandemic and we'll start seeing more content or that the team needed more time to finalize Werewolves and that's why both packs are releasing so close to each other.
    Happy simming!
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yes
    Why release all the packs at the same time when there is often months in between when we don't get anything? They need to balance the release times better.
  • GothamstrashGothamstrash Posts: 23 Member
    No
    Yes & no.

No, because I've been wanting a HS pack.
    Yes, because I am behind on buying packs & can't afford to buy any for a bit longer ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚