Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Legacy-Bachelor Challenge II: RAMONE *10/08/2023*

QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
Hey ho!

It's time for a second round of a Legacy-Bachelor Challenge (LBC)! And here it is.

About the Legacy Challenge

The Legacy part will follow the typical rules, scoring included. You can find all the rules here.

The Succession Laws

* Gender Law: Equality -> Both sons and daughters can be heir/heiress.
* Bloodline Law: Strict Traditional -> Naturally born kids only can be heir/heiress (so no adopted ones or brought in from earlier relationships).
* Heir Law: Democracy -> There will be polls where you can vote who should be heir/heiress. *yay*
* Species Law: Tolerant -> Heir/Heiress can be an occult or non-occult sim.

About the Bachelor Challenge

A legacy founder - and also each heir/heiress - needs a spouse. And that's where the Bachelor Challenge takes place. Instead of looking for a townie to marry into the legacy family, there will be castings to find 7 or more sims to woo for the founder or heir/heiress. The winner - of course - will be the spouse then.

There will be an extra thread for the casting and this one will be the main thread with all the chapter updates. You can find the seperate casting thread here.

General Information

All chapters will be posted here. But there will be a link to each new chapter here in this thread too.

WARNING: I tend to be a bit mean to the sims in my game. If you're not sure what exactly I could mean with this, look at my BOTU to see what I mean. I'm adding this information because - unlike me - some people have a strong connection to the sims they've created and of course they don't want to see them harmed. If you don't want to see your sim being treated this way (I'm not that bad tho, am I?), please do not submit a sim to the challenge. I really don't want to start a fight over a sim when the challenge is meant to be just for fun :)

Chapters

G1D1: Disaster, Anyone?
G1.D2: Payback
G1.D3: The Fall
G1.D4: Different Perspecitve
G1.D5: Rainy Times
G1.D6: Of Love and Roses
G1.D7: All Eyes on Me
G1.D8: Grumpy Coffee
G1.D9: Paradise Lost

Chapter 1.1
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 1.3
Chapter 1.4
Chapter 1.5
Chapter 1.6
Chapter 1.7
Chapter 1.8
Chapter 1.9
Chapter 1.10
Chapter 1.11
Chapter 1.12
Post edited by Queenarella on

Comments

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Oh my gods... this first chapter was amazing.
    I can't believe most of the girls got the negative moodlets for Mo being an alien! Poor baby! He just wants to find his hot human spouse!

Catalina is so pretty... it's such a shame that she just didn't click at all with Mo. I hope she finds a charming partner.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    It's begun already! I'm excited!
    Mozart is so hot <3

Azure is so pretty. I bet she and Mozart would make adorable blue and purple babies!

Wait, is your simself married to Will?

Omg Vivian really? LOL does she have a hidden mean trait? I apologise for her speciesism... I really hate that sims get upset about other sims being aliens. It feels icky.

"I know ways to put a baby inside you" :D:D:D

I also get rid of all unnecessary distractions to force them to talk on free will. But you're nicer than me, you left them with a TV and a games console. I even got rid of book cases haha.

I'm guessing Valentina is high maintenance? Eden got negative moodlets from sitting in my game due to that trait.

Poor Mo, with all the contestants being angry because he's an alien :'(

Oh dear, it's not off to a good start at all for Vivian if she has a negative relationship with Mo already! Glad that she managed to stay in the competition though (even if maybe she didn't deserve to due to her prejudice against aliens!)

Poor Catalina! Excited to see where the rest of this bachelor challenge goes though.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I read the first chapter last night!
    It was pretty funny seeing him act out with all the contestants! This'll be a fun bachelor challenge to follow.
    @TheYayToast Thank you! :)
    Yeah it was so sad to see most of them hate him for being blue :'(

MCCC will find a (non-alien) spouse for her :) I just hope she won't end up with Vlad o.O

@MaggieMarley Finally ^^ And it starts in a very unique way too :joy:
    He is! And I love his blue form! Too bad we won't see it too often anymore :'(

They even would get a bit of a chance to be human as Azure is only like 1/4 alien :D

Yes that's the Will I submitted in your challenge some time ago :sweat_smile: And he's my simself's husband.

At first I was like "her eyebrows make her look a bit evil but she's a pure soul" but then she got angry about the alien thing :#

Of course Mo knows :joy: He probably watched his parents abduct lots and lots of innocent sims and all the other stuff.

Oh the tv and console were gone too after I deleted all fun stuff. Even the stereo ^^

Yes, high maintenance. It's cool that there are two sims with this new trait.

I honestly don't get how the game can be so open to everything (accepting people the way they are) but then still have this awful thing in the game...

I really hope there will be no more anger issues once they don't get to see Mo in his alien form anymore. It's been way too long since I've played a full alien (I think it was Blue!) so I'm not sure if that anger thing is only a "first impression" thing or constant. Tho, I do remember that my sims usually got the confident buff when they found out someone is an alien.

Let's hope it won't be down the drains :joy:

@lilypadmeulin
    I'm glad you like it! I was worried all the anger stuff would make it too horrible to read :D
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Glad to see this start.
    As the chapter progresses, Mo was definitely reminding me of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BgpVrURxO0

...glad that this was mentioned in the first chapter. Also glad to see that Noire's reaction to Mo wasn't so bad that she had to be in that elimination competition on day 1. :D
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    @Queenarella
    You could always do what some other simmers have done and give Vlad some plastic surgery to make him a Vladdy Daddy...

giphy.gif

@VanPelt81

Thank you so much for sharing that clip... that definitely made my morning awesome. :D
    @VanPelt81
    Oh my, that really fits to Mo's situation :joy:

Noire was one of the few who wasn't angry but confident ^^ I've played on to day 5 with Mo in his disguise. Some contestants found out he's an alien (again?) and this time they were confident about it -.-

@TheYayToast
    1) Even a hammer can't fix that... :D 2) Vladdy Daddy is a disturbing name :bawling::joy:
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Ok, I read the chapter and wowza!
    I can't believe that they would all have that reaction! I haven't played with aliens before, but jeez! They should really fix that. Why would aliens have that sort of boundary to get past? It's a game flaw if ever there was one. This is going to he a tough bachelor challenge.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    @Irishsong
    Out of the 9 sims only like 3 of them didn't have an angry moodlet from the alien discovery. I've played with aliens before and usually it was the confident moodlet to come up with it, only in super rare situation or with traits like hot-headed did the sim get angry.

I was really scared that this problem ruined the whole challenge. But it will get better :)
    @Queenarella

Oh, I love love loved this chapter!

Plumeria is always cheerful in my save too - I'm doing a 100 Baby challenge with her, and so far, she's even cheerful when tired? I think maybe she's just like that. I'm glad she and Mo are somewhat getting along! Also, I was so sad to see Eden leave, she's one of my favourites in these sorts of things.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited July 2022
    Ho-ray for the new chapter...
    I do like the shade that Mo is throwing at all the sims who are complementing him in his disguised form this chapter. They deserve that after the first chapter. :D Man is Noire terrible at fishing at night, perhaps she is better at flying a kite at night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwwm8NDH9Ls

Sad to see Eden go.
    @lilypadmeulin Thank you! :)
    Plumeria even kept a smile on her face after Mo yelled at her :sweat_smile: Whatever she's on, I need it. Desperately.

It wasn't a surprise to me to see her go as she was constantly angry and Mo got his payback on her too. It's very sad tho as she's a character lol

@VanPelt81
    I was a bit shocked at first that Mo was this awful but then I remembered day 1 and it was kinda ok :D

Ah, another Simpsons reference ^^
    @Queenarella
    Yes, I would recognise Will anywhere!

I hate that you literally have to delete all of the fun stuff for sims to interact with each other autonomously. Hopefully in TS5 they fix this issue as I doubt it will ever be fixed for TS4

I agree, it's really dumb. I think it is just a first impression thing. I hope anyway! I literally once had a half alien get mad when he discovered that another sim was an alien. It was a family member too!

Ch2
    I lover Plumeria! She is so cute, one of my new faves

Omg Mo scaring Eden autonomously three times in a row is hilarious - but probably not good for their relationship stats!

Ugh when Eden was in my game I was hoping so hard that she would become enraged, lose control and drink from someone but it never happened. I love that it happened in your game though!

Congrats to Azure!

Gotta love the random fires when you let sims with low cooking skill loose

Awww I'm sad that Eden had to go as I really do love her but I guess it's not surprising after Mo scared her like that.

Also ugh Vivian why do you suck at these challenges? Up your game, girl!
    @MaggieMarley
    He's a unique sim >:)

There is so much more that needs to be fixed in this game. Sometimes it feels like they've given up a long time ago...

Anything connected to aliens in this game is so weird. Mostly in a bad way :#
    Plumeria with her always happy mood is a sweetheart!

Eden was fuming after all that. That's why she drank from Wren :/ She wasn't even thirsty!

It's been a long time since there was a fire in my game (ignoring the fact that the same morning Plumeria set the barbecue on fire :D ) so it was kinda hilarous to see it happen again ^^ Tho Azure also has the clumsy trait, maybe that added a lot to the fire happening.

The two weren't meant to be... Their relationship score didn't even make it into the positive numbers :#

There will be plenty of chances to win a challenge ^^
    @Queenarella
    I love aliens but I do wish that they had more thought put into them. I'd be so happy if they decided to expand on aliens with a gamepack dedicated to them. Same for mermaids. they won't though
    I thought that was probably what tipped Eden over the edge! Yeah when vampires lose control due to being enraged they will drink even if they aren't thirsty. It's more of a rage thing. Maybe that's where they got the idea of werewolves transforming when they get angry enough from

I honestly find all the negative relationship scores hilarious :D hopefully the other contestants are managing to get well into the positive numbers now!
    @MaggieMarley
    Well, aliens came quite early and were the first type of occult. Compared to mermaids, they (fish people) lack even more :#

Eden was enraged. But someone said enraged vampires can't die. So I trusted on this knowledge :sweat_smile:

I completed the bachelor part last Saturday and there will soon come positive relationships :)

Oh, by the way, I haven't got an answer to the score issue yet :/ The death point thing.
    @Queenarella
    Yup vampires can't die from emotional deaths! Which is great for vampires with the high maintenance trait.

Ohh nice so the winner has already been decided. I'll have to wait impatiently to discover who is the lucky winner
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Chapter2
    I was hoping Eden would stay in the challenge a bit longer, but now I'm just worried that Wren is still at the bottom! I hope she can pull it up a bit. Not be scraping a the bottom all the time.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    @MaggieMarley
    I also had Mo get the hysterical mood for a few seconds. I almost died when I saw it o.O Luckily he turned to very goofy (?) asap.

I won't be able to post more than once a week even if I'd want to post daily lol Only three weeks left in this school year but I'm so exhausted. I'm having my THIRD coffee and I really struggle to keep my eyes open. :joy:

@Irishsong
    It would have been so funny to see Eden as the spouse of a founder, living on an empty lot. Too bad we won't find out about how this would go.

With Mo in his disguise the relationships improved a lot. Wren still has a chance to climb up the ladder :)
    @Queenarella
    Plumeria is just constantly cheerful still! Well, that's partially what I like about her. She's just always sunny, even in my own save with her!
    So annoyed. I typed out a reply but my tab reloaded and I lost it :(
    Watching them fall is the best part of skating.

The fact that Vivian got flirty seems like a good sign but I wish she had flirted with him!

The tense due to traits thing always annoys me! I never let mu siks do what they enjoy though so maybe that is why it happens a lot to me lol.

Are you hinting that Mo is going to cheat on his future partner? :o

I always have to Google gross jokes for the dialogue. And then it is surprisingly hard to find gross jokes online which aren't dirty.

Aww poor Wren. Not surprised after Mo mocked her though. Glad that my girl is still in the running!
    @lilypadmeulin
    Plumeria is the sunshine of the generation :)

@MaggieMarley I hate when this happens! I hope you didn't have to write too much again :/
    I assume that once your sim has got enough fitness skill they get better. Judging from Judith rubbing it in my face how good she is at skating -.- :D

There hasn't been any flirting yet but it will start soon enough :) Vivian gets flirty a lot. I wondered if she's got the romantic trait.

There's a worse tense option: when they have the workaholic lifestyle and suddenly they feel tense because they haven't been to work in the last 5 seconds! -.- As if this wasn't bad enough, it also seems to be a glitch so you barely can get rid of the moodlet. Made my eye twich.

Maybe. Maybe not. Something will happen.

Way too much effort :D The problem is, most gross jokes I know are in German and don't work when I translate them to English.

Wren and Mo were still in the negative and I assume they wouldn't have made it :/