Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you doing to prepare your game for High School Years?

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I have a fair amount of teens in my rotation so, hopefully, most of them will still be teens by the time the pack comes out. If not, I also have a fair amount of kids lol.

I don't really know how to plan for it though, because I need to know how it will work, whether it will bring every teen in the game into the school or whether we can add more schools across different worlds and choose who attends where, or if only one playable sim will be able to attend and all the rest will be random npc's (I would cry if it is the latter).
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I have a fair amount of teens in my rotation so, hopefully, most of them will still be teens by the time the pack comes out. If not, I also have a fair amount of kids lol.

I don't really know how to plan for it though, because I need to know how it will work, whether it will bring every teen in the game into the school or whether we can add more schools across different worlds and choose who attends where, or if only one playable sim will be able to attend and all the rest will be random npc's (I would cry if it is the latter).

I’m preparing myself for the latter as that’s how it is with active jobs with multiple sims in the job per household.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Preparing plans on what worlds I'm going to place amusement parks if we have the option and high schools as well.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Preparing plans on what worlds I'm going to place amusement parks if we have the option and high schools as well.

I really want to be able to turn Myshuno Meadows into a fun fair! I am praying we can build/download high schools in other worlds. The 64x64 in Mt. Komorebi is definitely getting a high school if that’s the case.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    I have an occult save where teen sims are allowed to enter the magic realm and take a test to see if they are worthy of becoming a spellcaster. I've created a teen sim for the storyline, and now I don't want to play yet, because she will be my only teen at the moment, and I want to be able to play this pack if I get it for my birthday next month!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I don't have any plans but to play as I usually do. I have lots of babies to teens in my game so when I rotate to the household with teens, then I'll experience the high school life. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • BoujieSimmerBoujieSimmer Posts: 50 Member
    I'm hoping Cassandra Goth can finally find love now. Hopefully someone will ask her to the prom.

I'm definitely planning to find her a cute emo boyfriend!
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I'll try to time it so that I have a household of teens available by the time I get it. But I'm not gonna stress about it too much.
  • chillabychillaby Posts: 35 Member
    I have no plans. I haven't even ordered the pack yet. I'm excited for it for my personal save, though!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Right now I'm debating between pausing my Legacy save when half the kids are teens (there are five kids, I don't know what I was thinking...) and just playing on until the patch drops like normal.

I will be preparing a "Test Save" by making all the Base Game Adults and Young Adults teenagers. Well, except Nina and Dina. (Don't worry about Johnny Zest, he's Nancy's kid brother in my headcannon.)
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I was excited when werewolves released as I wanted my Sim family's daughter to get involved with Lou, after she became a young adult and was turned into a werewolf, Now, since she is just a kid, I am thinking of putting that save on hold until the expansion hits, so I can send her and her twin brother through High School. I may also create a sim self family to send me, my sister, and brother through high school again.
  • duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    I normally create a whole new family/save to play around with each new big pack that comes out, but I think with this one I want to play one of my current saves! The two families I am rotating between right now both have young kids, so I intend to age them to the cusp of teenhood in time for High School Years so I can use them to experience the new gameplay. 🙂
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    First thing I'm doing is taking my adult sims to the carnival to test the rides.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    First thing I'm doing is taking my adult sims to the carnival to test the rides.
    Playing your adult Sims first? :o
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    I'm hoping Cassandra Goth can finally find love now. Hopefully someone will ask her to the prom.

@BoujieSimmer Wolfgang Munch. not sure about cute since he is quite a nuissance but he is deffo a emo.....
    actually keeping teens around instead of just aging them up since the life stage is basically almost the same as YA anyways?

i am a bit excited for this one but it is still EA we're dealing with here...so i am not gonna get too overly excited untill i actually have seen if this pack lives up to my expectations or if i will wait for a sale before getting it
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

makes sense to me! that way he can take his time exploring without having to deal with school and stuff
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member

@BoujieSimmer Wolfgang Munch. not sure about cute since he is quite a nuissance but he is deffo a emo.....

Cassandra Goth is dating Wolfang Munch in my game. They live together in one of the apartments. She’s a musician. He’s a vampire due to being dumb in his youth, but doesn’t like being one and had the “good vampire” aspiration.

Yes just for testing purposes.

makes sense to me! that way he can take his time exploring without having to deal with school and stuff

I just want to make have my adult sims go to the carnival lot but then I'm going to start playing the teen stages.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I'm trying to get my legacy challenge save to generation 10 as I think that would be the prefect gen for this pack. But I think I play too slowly to get there. I'm only on generation 4.

So I will probably start a new save. If I do start a new save, I'll probably start setting it up a couple days beforehand. I start every save with the same sim. So I will age her down to a teen and give her parents and a new backstory.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    For the first time since 2014 I will start a new save with all the glee characters.
    I already started creating some and uploaded them to the gallery (more to follow).
    If anyone is interested you can just search the gallery for my username (Erja888).
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm doing a legacy save right now. Even though I'm still on the first generation, it includes a little bit of rotation. I play my founder and her husband, her best friend and that extended family, and the family of my founder's spouse, which is actually the Pancakes.

The Pancakes have a teenage daughter and her best friend's cousin is also a teenager.

I was planning on playing them through as teenagers but now I think I'll switch aging to slow for this duo of teens so that I don't halt the gameplay completely but they still have some time as teens with the pack.

In my previous run through with this same legacy founder, I only made it to the second generation because I wanted to make my founder's daughter a rebellious teen. Outside of having her break curfew and dressing her in black, it was difficult to show her being "rebellious," so I lost interest in the legacy and restarted. I'm more excited than I've ever been about legacy play because I now have more fun things for my kids to do (thanks to the Little Campers Kit) and teens are actually going to be a life stage now as well.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Right now, I'm playing with a werewolf family. They just lost their teenage daughter to a meteor strike, so... not preparing well lol. Thank god they have another kid already, haha. She's still a child, so I'll just age them up when I get the pack.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I rebuilt my main sims house and made sure to leave a space to place the trellis thingy so my sim can sneak out. Based on the trailer It looks like it needs a two or three tiles wide platform under the new window.