Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clutter items disappearing when stacked

DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,757 Member
Has anyone noticed that clutter items you have stacked on top of each-other (for example bowls on places or books on books or sculpture on books) tend to disappear after you exit and re enter? I'll finish a beautifully cluttered kitchen and then come back and it looks half empty!
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I've had that problem for a while now!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that clutter items you have stacked on top of each other (for example bowls on places or books on books or sculpture on books) tend to disappear after you exit and re-enter? I'll finish a beautifully cluttered kitchen and then come back and it looks half empty!

That's unfortunately part of the game coding. You can stack things but they don't stay. You'll also see that when you do things like make a walk-in wardrobe that is more than 2 stacks high. HeyHarrie made a video about some of her work and how to get around that "feature" that is in the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd3KwjUFS4k at about marker 12:25. (Basically, you need to use T.O.O.L. to place it.)
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,757 Member
    Omg thats going to take forever!

Do you know if the red shelf works? If I use that to level, giving the appearance of being stacked on top?? I really don't want to deal with TOOL. I feel like I need math to make that work (move up 45%) Maybe I'm wrong.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • KelandryKelandry Posts: 3 New Member
    There's actually a better, and MUCH EASIER, way.

Download and install TwistedMexi's BetterBuildBuy mod. You can find it on curseforge, MTS, or patreon for free. Curseforge is easiest imo. (Make sure you have the latest version and check for updates whenever there's a new patch)

Before you leave the lot with stacked items (or before leaving build mode), click on the drop (up??) menu on the right side of the build/buy catalogue. It's the menu that allows you to filter object results based on color, pack, etc. There should be a dropdown menu labeled "Better BuildBuy." Click on it. Now click on the box next to "deletion protection." Save and leave.

This will prevent stacked items from being deleted when you leave the lot/game/build mode. The box will NOT be checked when you return to the lot or build mode. You'll have to check it before leaving every time.
    This can also protect stacked items from being deleted when you move walls, build new rooms, raise foundations, etc. Just click the box next to "deletion protection," move or build your walls, then uncheck the box. Note: you won't be able to delete items while this box is checked, so remember to uncheck it when your stacked items are no longer in danger.

You CAN use the red shelf to stack stuff instead of using slots, but that's going to be a pain in the butt.

(I realize this thread is a year old, but I stumbled on it while looking for a solution, so now that I found one, figured I'd leave it here for anyone else who stumbles in from google)
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,757 Member
    Kelandry wrote: »
    There's actually a better, and MUCH EASIER, way.

Download and install TwistedMexi's BetterBuildBuy mod. You can find it on curseforge, MTS, or patreon for free. Curseforge is easiest imo. (Make sure you have the latest version and check for updates whenever there's a new patch)

Before you leave the lot with stacked items (or before leaving build mode), click on the drop (up??) menu on the right side of the build/buy catalogue. It's the menu that allows you to filter object results based on color, pack, etc. There should be a dropdown menu labeled "Better BuildBuy." Click on it. Now click on the box next to "deletion protection." Save and leave.

This will prevent stacked items from being deleted when you leave the lot/game/build mode. The box will NOT be checked when you return to the lot or build mode. You'll have to check it before leaving every time.
    This can also protect stacked items from being deleted when you move walls, build new rooms, raise foundations, etc. Just click the box next to "deletion protection," move or build your walls, then uncheck the box. Note: you won't be able to delete items while this box is checked, so remember to uncheck it when your stacked items are no longer in danger.

You CAN use the red shelf to stack stuff instead of using slots, but that's going to be a pain in the butt.

(I realize this thread is a year old, but I stumbled on it while looking for a solution, so now that I found one, figured I'd leave it here for anyone else who stumbles in from google)

Amazing!! Thank you for the late follow up! I've been using the red shelf and have always seen the deletion protection wondering what it is!! I'll check it every time! Thank you!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif