Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with sounds on?

13...Next

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,808 Member
    Depends

Oh, trust me, I dive in, too. The 'White Noise' as I call it in the background actually helps me to focus.

Total silence is just as distracting as really loud or repetitive noises. That's on top of it making me feel cut off and alone. Silence messes with my head.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Yes, gotta hear what's happening
    I keep the sound on.
    I play with multiple Sims at once, and one I focus on one, I still want to hear what any cues with the others I'm not focused on.
    One of my Sims died by Murphy bed when I was playing a Sim further away. I exited out of the game, and made sure to let that happen again.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Not having any young 'uns around to keep an ear out for, sound is on. Sims is a 'talkie' not a silent film.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Sound on Music off

When I'm building I'm watching something on my second monitor so I don't really need the sound... But it's a must for live mode. Playing the game with headphones on is really a different experience. I had headphones on so immersed watching my sim jog at night listening to his free earbuds when GREG comes barreling down the path behind him. I screamed because I wasn't expecting to see him outside of his space. lol Just something I might have missed without sound.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    edited July 2022
    I just read a thread and someone mentioned how hard it was to play the without sounds on and I got to wondering if I'm the minority.

I almost always (as in 95% of the time) have the sound off when I'm in the game. Well, the sounds aren't "off" per se, but I don't have my headset on and I keep those plugged in 24/7 for work. So if I don't have my headset on, I don't hear the game. And if I have my headset on, I also can't hear what's going on outside my room and therefore would probably miss the RL toddler getting into something she should NOT be getting into! (Like pulling my decorations down off a shelf over the sofa, which was this weeks obsession with her!)

I always have my earphones with me so I listen to audio from computer like 90% of the time. My earphones are open back so I can still hear outside noise pretty easily.

And I do like listening to the sounds from the game.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • BlueBananaSimsBlueBananaSims Posts: 51 Member
    Nope! I don't need to hear everying over and over and over again.
    I don't know when I last had sound on; I usually either listen to my own music or watch Netflix on my second screen
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Every single lot I make has at least one radio because the game sounds way too quiet without one of those things blaring music out.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited July 2022
    I had a hard time playing TS4 when I had a problem with my speakers. I love the audio - adds to the experience and makes it richer.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    The only time I game with the sound off is if I'm playing a handheld in a public place, and that's only to be courteous to others who may not want to hear blaring game music while they're on the bus or in a waiting room or wherever. Not everyone can get with the dulcet tones of 8-bit instrumentals, after all...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Depends
    I've turned off all in game music, such as stereos. Even when sims go dancing I will not hear what they hear. But I kept on all other sounds I think. I'm not sure why I turned music off, maybe I just wanted to turn off BB/CAS/Loading screens music.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    Depends
    I play with headset...If its on or off , depens on what my sims are doing , i dont fancy to hear violin practise....
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Depends
    I also have a toddler and can really only play in the living room. We have a big tv so I'll have my game going on one side of the TV and paw patrol for her on the otherside.

I have the overall volume of the game turned down with the music muted. You can barely hear it. When I am just building I mute the master volume.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Depends
    Depends. I always play games with my headset on so outward noise is not an issue. Generally I like to have the sound effects on but I am playing the game in windowed fullscreen and alt+tab a lot for I often do other things simultaneously. It's not uncommon for me to mute the in-game music if I want to listen to something else. Sometimes I even watch Youtube at the same time with the picture-in-picture feature. When needed I might make all game sounds very low and sometimes even mute them altogether. However, most of the time I do want to hear the sound effects at least. Music gets muted the most.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I almost never use sound. I sit in the same room with my mother. If the TV isn't on, she might be reading aloud for us to enjoy the same book. I have trouble remembering we can adjust their voices when I create a new sim, and that's pretty much the only time I have the sound on.

Also, my dog objects to hearing voices coming from the laptop; he gets twitchy and starts looking for the intruder, sweet boy. ;)
  • wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    I rarely ever turn the sound on. I usually get let my sims do whatever they want while I’m watching TV. After a while you kinda know what sounds they’ll be making, so it does get a little old after a while. I only unmute if I want to listen to the sim radio or set voice type (if I’m in the mood).
    ldauop39735.png
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited July 2022
    No.. which is contrast to my Sim City days because I used to jam the hell out of the music in those games.
  • ShobeeShobee Posts: 9 New Member
    Yea! I love hearing my little sims chat with each other lol
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    If I can't play with sound, I don't play at all.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Music is turned off. I spend too long at a time in CAS or Build/Buy, and it drives me nuts after a while. Everything else is adjusted to different levels. As others have said, the audio cues get my attention when something is happening, and since I like to play with a lot going on, those cues are important!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports