Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are things you wouldn't do in real life (but could), but find yourself doing a lot in-game?

2...Next

Comments

• YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I don't want/like kids in real life and yet in sims most of my sims end up having big families and I enjoy playing with toddlers XD
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    Having kids - almost all my sims have kids, but I have no desire to reproduce IRL.

Things I can easily do in Sims 4 but which are impossible (or much harder) in real life - buying a house becoming a successful novelist easily., getting work promotions, being able to use magic

yeah i mean i would irl magic too but im kinda just too lazy really like i was gonna inspect this one portal but then i realized i could just like watch netflix ya know and then i watch this one show for hours and now im too tired to inspect portals n all
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    edited July 2022
    Having my sims stay awake all day. I need a nap. Edit: work promotions, talking to strangers everywhere I go.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Throwing parties, partaking in activities like rock climbing or skating without accidentally injurying myself, talking to strangers, romancing people, having kids, committing an occasional murder or two...
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    A lot pregnancies, raising kids, talking to strangers, setting up a lot of successful businesses (restaurants, shops...)
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I deprive them of their basic needs and just use cheats so they can skill up.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited July 2022
    Housework.

This is pretty accurate, actually. lol

And also having sims families have more kids than I would want to have in real life (esp the 100 baby challenge lolol).

Edited for redundant wording.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    I deprive them of their basic needs and just use cheats so they can skill up.

I wish I could do that in RL.

Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Party party party!!! 🥳 🎊 🎉 🥳🥳 a lot of my sims are tattoo covered punk rocking partiers 😆
    I've never been to a club party in my life and I don't even like tattoos all that much.
    But for some reason it's so fun in game lol.
    I like to torture sims with struggles to survive and make them work hard like using the wash boards instead of the machine. But otherwise I'm pretty tame 🤭 I wouldn't force anyone to wash clothes by hand in real life 😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    If someone pranks a public bathroom, I use it and let it go boom, and then refuse to fix it. Now who's going to get all messy...? >:)
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    This will no doubt surprise some of you, but I would like to take a nice romantic walk through one of the parks at dusk with some of the ladies I've created. Not the evil ones, though--they might stab me in the park and hide my body behind a tree lol
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Crop tops and other skin bearing clothes. I dress modestly in real life.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Living in a world where there no nasty despots trying to blow up everybody and everything just because they can
    Become a best selling writer
    Attain fitness level 10
    Live in a house with yard, nicely decorated yet
    Able to earn a living just by selling dragon fruit
    have agreeable friends
    can turn aging off with a mouse click
    can make those around me fit and healthy with a few mouse clicks
    learn things I simply don't have time for IRL
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    Live peacefully in a beautiful wooden house. In the garden is a lovely pond with ducks, fishes and frogs. Over the pond is a big old willow tree, with the leaves hanging down and gently rustling in the wind. There is a field where I can grow vegetables and fruits. I have chickens, a cow, cats and dogs. And on top of that a big, loving family with kids, parents and grandparents.
    Everyone is happy and healthy and nobody has to seriosly get sick, grow old or die.

My Sims can live like this, and I enjoy it with them - every single day of their lives. :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited July 2022
    build bedrooms without clothing storage apparently :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    TBH pretty much everything my sims do I wouldnt do in real life!
    But then again playing my actual life (which consists of walking my dogs and reading alot...and thats about it) would be really, really boring.
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    Oh there are a few things my sims do, but I never would in real life:

1) Serial Romantic: I usually have one sim in my rotation that will woohoo with any sim (my non-played ones), that he can. Although eventually I think my real life personality takes over and he ends up settling down with one sim.

2) Black Widow: I usually have an evil sim that will go out on the town and convince a townie to move in. Once the townie is moved in and the simoleons are transferred that unfortunate sim meets their end in various ways. I suppose along with this one would be, just being evil or mean for the fun of it. I'm against that also irl.

3) Break up marriages: My main sim nearly always ends up with Bella as his wife. The original Sims was brutal :D My characters had so much trouble socializing and would often be very sad because of it. I tried several games and each sim I created could talk to a person maybe once then start getting negative reactions. So even though I could finally start to get other needs met, eventually they'd be so lonely that they'd be unhappy. Then along came Bella on a random visit and my sim finally found someone to talk to who would stay for hours just chatting. I suspect that maybe she was coded to get along with everyone in the Sims 1. Along the lines of breaking up marriages, if my other sims get along with another sim autonomously and start to become very good friends there is a good chance I will have them convince that sim to get a divorce and move in.

4) Talk to every random sim they encounter. I'm not antisocial, I just can't talk to random people for no reason.

5) Unwanted makeovers: One of the things I love about MCCC is the ability to just make over a sim on the spot. If I see a sim dressed so shockingly weird (in my eyes anyway), I will usually take them into CAS and change up their outfits. Also when I see a gym trainer that is extremely out of shape, I change them up to look fit. Even if I had the power irl to change what people wear, I wouldn't. Let people dress how they want.

I'm sure there are plenty more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Pretty much work 24/7. It's doable in Sims, albeit crazy, and then spend all the simoleons.

Also play hobo sometimes, though I can't eliminate taxes completely.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Throwing parties, taking care of kids, having kids, playing the piano, painting. Oh, a lot lol that's why I love the Sims, I can "experience" things I can't do right now lol
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Liking parties.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    edited July 2022
    Things that I don't do in real life but do a fair bit of in the Sims:

- Playing pranks,
    - farting in public,
    - living in a city (I wish, but house prices...😬)
    - having a full time, regularly paying career as a writer or artist (though maybe one day... *Gazes dreamily out of the window*),
    - baking lots of different cakes and leaving them in public places for people to find,
    - swimming in seas deeper than I can stand up in,
    - digging up random areas of the countryside and taking home whatever I find,
    - talking to ghosts,
    - going up to a stanger, talking to them and forming a permanent connection within minutes,
    - singing to people,
    - dressing like a rock star,
    - spying on other people's homes,
    - having children purely out of scientific interest to see what the genetic variations will be.
    - getting tattoos,
    - wearing elaborate and brightly coloured make up. (I never do this on myself, but I really enjoy decorating my sims' skin).
    - spray painting my entire body in bright colours and patterns.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Having kids - almost all my sims have kids, but I have no desire to reproduce IRL.

Things I can easily do in Sims 4 but which are impossible (or much harder) in real life - buying a house becoming a successful novelist, getting work promotions, being able to use magic

Literally all of this! Luckily I can't have kids anyway, so I'm all good :D
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Lol,….. the main thing has definitely got to be gardening, I don’t enjoy it in real life, but because I usually use the simple living lot trait with most sims, many of my sims garden, even if it’s only minimally.