Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family orientated 100 baby challenge

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2022
    The Atkins family as they are now <3
    5Fri2Lx.png
    Braxton moved out into a big house all by his itty bitty self
    Xv4xOQH.png

Cassie is a teen
    6MhPw4N.png

Dorry is a child
    lDKOdhm.png

Elanor is a toddler
    vuIoCYP.png

Introducing baby number 31
    Fae Atkins
    PACsUKq.png
    3yvdint.png
  • Dinkus83Dinkus83 Posts: 127 Member
    @mcrudd Congrats on Braxton moving out; he won't be alone for long I'm sure ;) The kids have good winter outfits. Welcome baby Fae!

@all I'll be without updates for a while. Explanation in spoiler if you're interested. Hope to be back to simming time soon, but living vicariously through the stories here for now lol.
    So, Friday was my birthday and I got a couple more little packs (Spa Day & toddler stuff, so far, but I'm not decided on the last one to finish up that gift card lol), which y'all may have noticed stuff from in my last update. But, I also spent the whole day at the ER with my aunt & uncle. She had a seizure and he's blind, so it's easier to have someone there with him. So, I also got COVID for my birthday, yay! Anyway, so far I'm mostly ok, just a wicked fever and headache, but I'm locked up in my bedroom in hopes that I haven't given it to anyone else in the house. My son is supposed to be taking a trip to Europe later this week, so it would be awful timing if he gets it. No one else has symptoms yet, so fingers crossed. But, it means that I'm away from the Playstation and my sims for a while :'(
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Dinkus83 -
    Oh gosh! I am so sorry that all this has happened to you. I hope that your aunt is recovering, and that...oh my gosh...that you don't develop any other serious symptoms from COVID. *hugs* to you :):heart:
  • SignofhatredlolSignofhatredlol Posts: 44 Member
    @mcrudd this challenge really sounds like fun; I might try it over the weekends when I have time.
    @Dinkus83 oh no! I hope you’re fine. Rest well and take care!
    @Dinkus83 Happy birthday for Friday ;) So sorry that you got covid, please be super careful, rest a lot and drink water. I was told to do that and I ignored the advice and just kept on going normally, cleaning the house and being too busy and now I have a damaged heart. This covid is no joke even if your symptoms are very mild. I do hope your aunt feels better, I am sure your son should be ok if you started isolating nice and early. Just please look after yourself, we will see you once you return again <3

@Signofhatredlol welcome to our little corner :) It would be super AweSim if you join in with us.

@all, just got a bit of washing to do and then I can load my game up, I had some play time last night so everyone is pretty close to aging up again ;)
    HdRNCbA.png
    Cassie moved out
    mMDOeBU.png

Dorry is a teen
    d4oBuJY.png

Elanor is a child
    BPsUT5u.png

Fae is a toddler (she had a potty oopsie)
    ZRYveHA.png

Baby number 32 is born
    Grace Atkins (another girl)
    K4P8jE4.png
    69DXszW.png
    @mcrudd Probably good for me that I'm locked in a room with not much to do then. Rest is about all I got lol. Congrats on Cassie moving out! Told Braxton he wouldn't be alone for long hehe. Aww poor Fae, such a sad face :( Welcome baby Grace!

@Signofhatredlol I definitely need more stories to read, so I hope you will join in!

@all Thanks so much for all the well wishes! Update in spoiler if you're invested now:
    My aunt seems to be doing well now. They thought she would be released today, but it got too late, so she should be home tomorrow! My uncle though did also test positive, so far he's just coughing and not really had a fever. He is generally healthy, but is older and does have some risk factors, so hopefully the vaccine works it's sciency goodness and keeps him from getting too bad. He's home alone for the moment, and I've been worried, but thankfully it's a big family so lots of people have been checking on him and dropping food at his door :)

I did run into some dehydration issues this morning because I couldn't keep down Gatorade or anything (the sugar, even from the low sugar version was making me gag) and plain water wasn't helping. I had a friend find find me an electrolyte thing without sugar after stores opened up and I've been much better since. My fever doesn't seem so extreme this evening, so I'm just hoping I can get more than a couple hours of sleep tonight. I know, I'm rambling... Have I mentioned I'm bored and have very little to keep me entertained here? :D I am not a person who is generally good at just sitting around all day.

Good news! Everyone else I was around before I realized I had it, has tested negative! I commend my mad Lysol spraying and quick room quarantining personally ;) My son plans to do another test tomorrow night to double check before he leaves, but hopefully his trip won't have to be postponed. (Did I mention that this trip was supposed to happen in 2020 originally... ugh. Darned Covid mess!)

Also, I figured maybe I should get thoughts on that last stuff pack I should grab, from those of you who have them. I'm currently deciding between Moschino, Bowling night, or Movie hangout as they all seem like they really add fun things. I looked at Backyard stuff too, but with my playtime mostly in Newcrest for now, I feel like I wouldn't get any use out of it lol. Is one of those super amazing? Or super unfun/broken?
    @Dinkus83 I am doing another update soon, got lots of simming time since I have to take it easy, orders from hospital, I was taken via ambulance after seeing my dr for water retention, its the whole heart issue from covid, that is why I always warn people to take it easy. My son just got home now with a positive rat they did at work, I did a quick rat and is negative, so will pop into the pharmacy to get him the necessities and buy him some snacks, he does have his own sleepout so he will isolate there, its my daughter's 18th Friday so we don't want her getting covid before that, Gosh what is happening with this covid that is everywhere now :0 So very happy your son is negative that means he can go on his originally 2020 planned trip. Take it easy, feel free to use this thread just to chat and catch up with who ever is online at the time to help you with the boredness <3 We are all here for you <3
    PY9qyMw.png
    Dorry moved out
    RUoVhno.png

Elanor is a teen
    9sK6uCb.png

Fae is a child
    MLe4VOj.png

Grace is a messy toddler
    DoOauKL.png

And Gosh Ann had twin boys numbers 33 and 34
    Henry and Harry Atkins
    wXEtd0k.png
    Xkc2NhZ.png
    mcrudd wrote: »
    @Dinkus83 Take it easy, feel free to use this thread just to chat and catch up with who ever is online at the time to help you with the boredness <3 We are all here for you <3
    I just realized how much of my last post was just a full derailment, so thanks for being okay with it :) Sorry to hear that y'all are dealing with more Covid issues there too. I spoke to a friend who works at the hospital here and she said we've had quite a spike in cases in my area this past week. We have the only large hospital for a pretty big radius though, so I'm not sure who really has it... Probably everyone. Sorry to hear you had another scare with your ER trip too :'(

The Atkins are moving right along though with your extra sims time! Congrats on Dorry out now. I love the girls' school uniforms! Messy Grace lol. And oh my gosh twins!! Been a while since you had your last pair. Cute onesies as usual :)
    @mcrudd wow the Atkins family is really growing! Congrats on Grace! I was just wondering… how do we deal with the aging issue?
    @Dinkus83 derail away, I am off to bed now, but as soon as I am up and away in the morning I will pop in and see how you are doing <3 I did not expect twins, these are the second pair the game is surprising me with, although because of the untimely electrocution death of one twin its the only surviving pair of twins now.

@Signofhatredlol we play with aging off and use the birthday cake to age sims up. Let me know if you need a better explanation on how to do it ;)
    @mcrudd I slept for 6 hours straight last night, so I am feeling pretty awesome today! <3 I had forgotten that it was one of the twins who passed early, so you needed more twins anyway :D
    Dinkus83 wrote: »
    @mcrudd I slept for 6 hours straight last night, so I am feeling pretty awesome today! <3 I had forgotten that it was one of the twins who passed early, so you needed more twins anyway :D

aww that is fantastic news @Dinkus83 . Good sleep is always nice to have, especially while fighting covid. I woke earlier and made my son some brekkie and warm hot chocolate (its winter and super cold here) and put it in front of his sleepout door and then ran back into the house. He looked a bit better than yesterday. Is your son still good to go on his trip? I bet he is very excited.

@all, just catching up on my tv programs as usual and then I will load up my game. I think we are just waiting for one more A and then its aging up time, not looking forward to having two toddlers, it took so much longer last time LOL. Happy simming everyone <3
    edited July 2022
    @mcrudd Yes, good sleep always makes me feel better :) It seems like everything is on track for his trip. They got transportation worked out this morning (cuz I was supposed to be driving them to the airport in Atlanta, and obviously that's not happening now lol) and everyone has had negative tests today. Yay! The other good part of this news is everyone else will be out of the house then early tomorrow, and I can emerge from my bedroom. Woot! Glad to hear your son looks better today, hopefully he keeps that up. He needs to be well for his sister's birthday ;) We are exactly opposite weather. It's very hot here now, but it's very hot where I am a lot of the time lol.
    edited July 2022
    @Dinkus83 Yay glad your family all had negative tests :) My son will unfortunately not join us for her birthday, he is in his sleepout, we will take him some cake and sing happy birthday on Whatsapp video call, but we can't chance it having him in the house. Hope your son has a blast on his trip. My son's work has phoned today and said that more of the people working with him is sick with covid, so it looks like it was caught at the company where he was working, he is an electrician. I got to play so here comes an update ;)

0iPcF5Q.png
    Elanor moved out
    5VV9Kxb.png

Fae is a teen
    ngLbwqO.png

Grace is a child
    K7ZcF3b.png

Harry and Henry are toddlers
    Harry is blonde
    VgVw5MW.png

Henry has brown hair
    bLhqQDi.png

and now I realize there is no baby yet OMG I forgot to get her pregnant again, guess its because twins are such hard work, will get onto that asap and update with babies in a bit :D
    Just a gameplay pic of everyone in the lounge
    LD44COE.png

Ann just had a baby boy, just reloading my game with a new outfit for him then photo's will follow ;)
    edited July 2022
    5L5Mxxt.png

A late little 35th baby born
    Issac Atkins
    UaCD7zS.png
    z1b0yxx.png

I am still busy levelling up the twins, it takes a bit longer even with the help of two parents. Both girls have A's so just waiting for the twins, poor little Issac was an afterthought, completely forgot to get Ann pregnant earlier LOL
    @mcrudd Yes, your son shouldn't be there for the birthday, but he needs to be well for it though. Must be able to sing and enjoy cake! :D
    Congrats on Elanor moving out! And Grace not being so messy this time. Cutie twins! And lol forgot the baby. I think I've done that once too hehe. Fae's face in that gameplay shot is cracking me up... straight at the camera. And congrats to poor forgotten Issac, you'll have to give him ice cream or something as a treat when he's older ;)

And wow, that's #35?! Rolling right along. Maybe I'll be able to catch up some the next couple days, when I have the house to myself and can't go anywhere/do anything anyway :D
    Dinkus83 wrote: »
    @mcrudd Yes, your son shouldn't be there for the birthday, but he needs to be well for it though. Must be able to sing and enjoy cake! :D
    Congrats on Elanor moving out! And Grace not being so messy this time. Cutie twins! And lol forgot the baby. I think I've done that once too hehe. Fae's face in that gameplay shot is cracking me up... straight at the camera. And congrats to poor forgotten Issac, you'll have to give him ice cream or something as a treat when he's older ;)

And wow, that's #35?! Rolling right along. Maybe I'll be able to catch up some the next couple days, when I have the house to myself and can't go anywhere/do anything anyway :D

Hopefully he feels ok, we made him up a special little gift bag too, just so he can feel part of everything, Stephanie wanted a family games day, so hubby and me will be playing games with her, one of her presents is lego flowers she spotted one day and said would look nice in her room, so we can take a break from games and she can build her flowers as well. Will see how it goes. What an AweSim idea to give little Issac a treat once he is old enough for it. Which will be soon, been playing some more, got lots of gaming time with everyone home doing their own thing at the moment. Cake is in the oven now so will keep an eye on it, will decorate it tonight when I kick Stephanie off to her room early LOL. Back to my game for now ;)
    WhBsrMJ.png

a gameplay pic moments before baby number 36 arrived
    nOlvHyX.png
    Fae moved out
    NLjEW3l.png

Grace is a teen
    auCxMj4.png

Harry is a child
    kifS2pF.png

Henry is a child
    3ZZXUqr.png

Issac is a toddler (got his treat too)
    8S7s6dO.png

Baby number 36 was born, its a girl
    Jennifer Atkins
    dSlMami.png
    5gWzc3c.png
    @mcrudd Sounds like a fun day! Tell her that random simmer says Happy Birthday!! Congrats on Fae moving out and all the other age ups! And Issac got a treat too lol :) Welcome baby Jennifer!

@all, Everyone is loading up to leave my house now, so I'll have free reign in a bit to make myself some breakfast and sit and have some sims time :)
    The Archers - Into Week 13, but first there's a festival!
    Disclaimer: I actually played the festival day right before I isolated and I had completely forgotten about it. Having played a bit more, I think I sent them cuz Eva needed to meet people in different places for her Friend of the World aspiration, but I really can't be sure lol.

The family sees a flyer for a fair this weekend and decides to attend. Dean is pretty sure he can win the pie competition, so he gets to work.
    yzIBFX2.jpg
    The family arrives in Henford-on-Bagley ready for an exciting evening. Pregnant Eva obviously took a nap in preparation.
    vzifVGT.jpg

Dean gets his apple pie entered in the pie competition and is feeling pretty confident about it.
    oR1ZBfV.jpg

Our glutton Lizbeth immediately heads to wolf down some local food at the pub.
    lQ19Vck.jpg

Eva has a perfect plantain that she enters in the garden competition.
    XN6YmGr.jpg

Nathaniel spends the evening watching everyone in the pub. I was apparently smart enough to have him nap and eat before they traveled.
    2B9xMv5.jpg

After getting some food, they all head back out to enjoy the festivities. The mayor wants to join in the chat, but Nate ignores her and continues on about penguins.
    tLw89Rx.jpg

Lizbeth seems to have found a new friend! After seeing this shot, I actually do remember this. I didn't realize children couldn't order food at the pub. So, since Lizbeth had already finished eating, I had her order for Maci. But, she's a glutton so she immediately started eating her sister's food, and she's a vegetarian so that one bite made her sick :D But, she still wanted to go chat up this kid anyway lmao.
    5iSLqPf.jpg

After finally getting to eat, Maci goes to check out the fishing in town. And fishing here counted for Scout badges. Why doesn't Sulani?
    jHl4gzE.jpg

The results are in! Dean was probably heartbroken about his pie, but wtg Eva!
    Gr9JsUmm.jpgvIVkzF3m.jpg

The next day is Nathaniel's birthday! They really do love those Sulani clothes... but, it's snowing here.
    5Bv61hk.jpg
    04iVyDA.jpg

And this is actually where I'd stopped playing before, and I forgot that Nate rolled "Mean" for his trait.

So, he had to make sure to remind me of this, first thing.
    x1uwUtr.jpg
    LiM2Neo.jpg

Then, while the kids are heading off to school, Eva goes to the hospital. Look, she beat Dean out this time!
    0n0fCTt.jpg

Welcome baby Orlando!
    bIlVSNM.jpg

After the baby is settled, Eva leaves him with Dean and heads to the gym to meet someone new there and finish that part of her aspiration.
    s7sZJGi.jpg

I learned to be sure to direct Nathaniel in all interactions, I think I've caught all the other insults and cancelled them before they hit lol. Here he's been told to talk about his favorite animal. It's a crab... probably because he thinks it's funny when they pinch people.
    Rx3tBqD.jpg

Maci came home from school sad cuz she lost a spelling bee, and now she's sad about the baby. Just a sad kinda day.
    8LciGhC.jpg

Dean finished his writing aspiration. He picked the music one next.
    K67NFJF.jpg

Tuesday the girls both come home with A's, so more cake! (Which explains why Gideon and Jordan came by to visit.) First is Lizbeth!
    NumDYOV.jpg

And then Maci!
    LiQw3t5.jpg
    Maci had an entirely unflattering look goin on, so I'll save her the embarrassment of the after pic.

Lizbeth moved in with her sisters. Up to 6 there now!
    b8klzRw.jpg

The family now - Up to #16. And you can see Maci's new teen look ;)
    YVrYlsB.jpg

The grown kids:
    1. Aliyah - Self-Assured, Outgoing, Jealous. Party Animal
    2. Brynnlee - Good, Geek, Erratic. Computer Whiz
    3. Cecilia - Art Lover, Clumsy, Goofball. Musical Genius
    4. Dane - Genius, Cheerful, Active. Nerd Brain
    5. Ellie - Glutton, Erratic, Clumsy. Master Chef
    6. Forrest - Dog Lover, Lazy, Art Lover. Friend of the Animals
    7. Gideon - Active, Neat, Art Lover. Bodybuilder
    8. Hayden - Vegetarian, Self-Assured, Noncommittal. Friend of the World
    9. Hudson - Geek, Goofball, Materialistic. Joke Star
    10. Isaac - Loves Outdoors, Gloomy, Perfectionist. The Curator
    11. Jordan - Perfectionist, Loner, Romantic. Bestselling Author
    12. Keira - Slob, Goofball, Romantic. Fabulously Filthy
    13. Lizbeth - Glutton, Vegetarian, Cat Lover. Freelance Botanist
    edited July 2022
    @Dinkus83 hope you are enjoying your bit of freedom from outside your bedroom <3 Oooh I see you have an update let me see ;) Come on Dean bake that winning pie. Nathaniel does look like a toddler that just woke up from a long nap LOL Aww sorry Dean, more sugar next time. Way to go Eva that was a great plantain :) Welcome little Orlando <3 It is so funny how your grown up kids show up everytime there is cake LOL What an AweSim update.

@all no game time today, its my daughter’s 18th and has been super busy, she is busy building her lego flowers now having lots of fun then its Monopoly deal time again ;) I will play sims again tomorrow :) Happy simming all, oh yeah @Dinkus83 she said thank you for the birthday wishes <3
    Her birthday table, I am quite impressed how I made the towels look like a flower thanks to youtube LOL
    DraIOER.jpg

The cake did not go as planned so I compromised
    BToa0TE.jpg

edit to add a close up of the towels, I was so proud LOL
    It is two bathsheets and one facecloth
    7vztgt9.jpg
    @mcrudd congrats on baby number 36!

@all I’m very busy at the moment… I’ll start the challenge once I have time! Hopefully over the weekends…