Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pick the Spouse

I know I keep asking you guys to make decisions for me, and it's probably annoying. But in my defense, I've spent days trying to pick an answer and haven't come up with anything. I can't play the game without deciding ahead of time, because I know I'll just freeze up.

TL;DR: I want to find the right spouse for my sim. Who he ends up with will also decide what path he will take in life.
8huMacs.png
This is my sim, Nico Stellar. He's a werewolf-witch hybrid. Likes both creative endeavors and fitness. He and his sister grew up in Moonwood Mill, and their parents were runaway teens. Since Nico is a witch, his parents are going to send him to magic school, where he'll meet his family and yadda yadda yadda. That's not important. What IS important is to find out who will be his baby mama.

Here are the options. Note that Brynn and Callisto look like the twins. The twins were born in-game, but I used a base face while making the other two in CAS. I've been holding off on playing because of the freeze-up issue, but I plan on tweaking them once I load up the game.
BxUWi3h.png
First up, Brynn Dalton. Brynn is Nico's childhood nemesis, since he's a werewolf-witch and she's a vampire. If they patch up their differences and get together, they'll move to Del Sol Valley. She'll make it as a singer, and he'll make it as a celebrity chef or DJ.

Ariella (Ella) and Gabriella (Ellie) Tricou are twin sisters. Their mother is the head of the witch religious church, and their father is a powerful evil witch who's manipulating the world in secret, while acting as the headmaster of the Newt School for Magic. Ariella is his well-behaved, shy and obedient daughter, while Gabriella is the boisterous, outspoken go-getter.

81aGvt3.png
If we go to the Gabriella route, Ellie will publicly reject her mother's title and position in the church, while her sister gets the title. Instead, she'll run a bakery. While Ellie will still be loved by the magical community for her parentage, Nico will be seen as a guy who seduced her and ruined her life. Unable to get a job, he'll have to run his family's farm. Some of the produce will go towards supplying the bakery.

4LO0ZzL.png
Ariella will be more tactful. If she's picked, she'll campaign for one of her siblings to inherit the title, so hooking up with Nico would be much less damaging. After finding out about her father's evil plans, she'll become a florist and run her own shop. Nico will inherit his family's occult-focused restaurant.

LSYGNFP.png
Calisto Meni is a nature/animal-loving mermaid. Her and Nico would try to live on the farm, but Callisto's failing health would force them to move somewhere else. They'd get ship-wrecked while on vacation, forcing them to move to Sulani. They crash-land on an island and have to build their lives back up, Rags to Riches-style.

o0HGkpF.png
Juliet Mibii is a werewolf or spellcaster (haven't decided yet.) She's a voracious reader. She focuses her studies on Vampire Lore, Herbalism, Mediumship and Archaeology. She retired as a scientist and took up a part-time job teaching at Britechester and Foxbury, with the goal of using her time and effort to volunteer and help the community. This puts a lot of strain on Nico, who works as a Detective during the day. By night, he blows off steam by playing the guitar or piano at the local bar.

Fun fact: Juliet is based off a sim I used for a challenge. The premise was, she'd breed raccoons and sell them to townies in homes. Then she'd kill those townies. The goal was to replace every townie with raccoons, who would then own their own homes. She won't be doing that here, though.
TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017

Pick the Spouse 43 votes

Brynn
20%
elemmeleashcrash19XxAirixXannaliese39ThisSentenceIsALieChadSims2EnkiSchmidtRedShoe7SeashoreLivia 9 votes
Gabriella
2%
musteni 1 vote
Ariella
4%
DoloresGreyBehappy1st 2 votes
Callisto
34%
MichelleWOolonglongsam123elanorbretonilovejewel17loubyloulouCeridwenBlueR0seSAEldarinEvilyn_1007Amapola76EdithVDarkshadow608IsharellZoeyevester 15 votes
Juliet
37%
simgirl1010catloverplayertaydevMaggieMarleyWintermist_SWEQuaayBreazonaDaniRose2143FanPhoriaSERVERFRAPlumbeebReaganboganmightyspriteVeeDubPerti23Larrikateven 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Meant to post this in General, oops. But I guess since all of the sims are occults and all their interests involve other packs, I think it counts?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Juliet
    Juliet would push Nico to be his best self I believe. She understands both his nature and the nature of his greatest enemies. She's not afraid to be her own best self either.

-Plus, the raccoon thing is amazing even if she isn't doing that in this save.
    -Plus, imho they'd have the cutest kids.

-Plus plus, really enjoyed the story you created for all possible contenders! please continue to share
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Juliet
    She's best for him.
  • Options
    LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    Juliet
    I've got to go with Juliet as well. She seems to be the most dynamic of them, the most likely to go off and do something unusual that you'd have to come back and tell more stories about. So not necessarily raccoons, but some other sort of adventure, especially with those interests of hers.

And I've got to agree with mightysprite that she would understand both his own nature and the nature of his enemies.
  • Options
    ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member
    Brynn
    I love these well-thought stories for all contenders, but I have to go for the "marry your childhood nemesis"-trope. Opposites attract, right?
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Juliet
    Juliet cause she's a werewolf.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,838 Member
    Juliet
    Juliet is his best choice, and I would make her a werewolf too, but there is nothing wrong with her being a spellcaster. You say she would put a lot of strain on him, but the others would put a strain on him too, just in different ways. I think she's the perfect person to understand him and help him past the strain on him. She would help him see that in their own ways they are both working to make their community a better place.

If you do decide to share this story please at least keep open the idea of raccoon world domination. It's an under appreciated plot line, so much so that you're the only person I know of who's ever mentioned it. It's quirky, and I like quirky, and it shows growth on your part artistically since we would all be expecting you to have dragons take over the world....unless after the raccoons replace the humans, it would be dragons vs raccoons.🤔
  • Options
    Hey, played the game while I was gone. Since I couldn't see the results (thanks for screwing up and getting our internet a week later than suspected, Bell), I picked almost all of them.

He dated Callisto, but they broke up. He dated Juliet next, since she was winning the poll. But after visiting him and his family, she kept denying his romantic interactions. I headcanoned that she got sick of him or hated his trashy family, so they broke up.

He dated Brynn. But being a famous DJ is hard when you're a werewolf, and he kept rampaging in nightclubs. I figured that fame wasn't good for him. Brynn also had her issues; she kept losing control and draining people. But Caleb Vatore visited the lot after she lost at the Starligh Accolades. He cheered for her anyway. So I like to believe that he was happy to see a vamp celebrity, even a violent one. So she stayed a celebrity, while Nico gave up the life.

Gabriella was off the table because she hooked up with another guy, who turned out to be Nico's cousin, of all people. So I made Nico go with Ariella next, because she'd constantly call him while he was dating Brynn. They now live on a farm and are saving up for a flower shop.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    Hey, played the game while I was gone. Since I couldn't see the results (thanks for screwing up and getting our internet a week later than suspected, Bell), I picked almost all of them.

He dated Callisto, but they broke up. He dated Juliet next, since she was winning the poll. But after visiting him and his family, she kept denying his romantic interactions. I headcanoned that she got sick of him or hated his trashy family, so they broke up.

He dated Brynn. But being a famous DJ is hard when you're a werewolf, and he kept rampaging in nightclubs. I figured that fame wasn't good for him. Brynn also had her issues; she kept losing control and draining people. But Caleb Vatore visited the lot after she lost at the Starligh Accolades. He cheered for her anyway. So I like to believe that he was happy to see a vamp celebrity, even a violent one. So she stayed a celebrity, while Nico gave up the life.

Gabriella was off the table because she hooked up with another guy, who turned out to be Nico's cousin, of all people. So I made Nico go with Ariella next, because she'd constantly call him while he was dating Brynn. They now live on a farm and are saving up for a flower shop.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg