Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 HIGH SCHOOL features & ideas we want to see!

124...Next

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2022
    I would love all those ideas, but I think it's too ambitious for the standards of TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Many features made it into the new expansion pack!
    a256aFi.gif
  • blhueberryblhueberry Posts: 4 New Member
    If you have multiple active households, (say you’re playing a generations and you have like 3 adult sims with their own house and each has at least one teenager) you should be able to play as any of them during the school period, as if they’re in a household together, and easily switch between without having to exit and re-load in.

Basically saying if you’re a rotational player you wouldn’t have to rotate households to play as each teen sim going to school, you just switch between them easily like they’re part of a “household”
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Many features made it into the new expansion pack!
    Yeah they have. I've seen just about everything I have been requesting for a high school pack on these forums for years now the major feature missing I wanted is some theater type system which is understandable since acting is an expansion and it was sold that way. It's also unknown how students will be picked to attend high school hopefully that is how I requested as player chosen and not random or this pack might end up being a dud for me as I want my specific Sims not townies or Sims from worlds I don't want connected.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • blhueberryblhueberry Posts: 4 New Member
    Active Teacher Career - If you have DU, the teacher career should have an option to be active. To EA, it’d be a good marketing strategy for more players to buy DU. Also, if you could choose between being a teacher for teenagers or children to determine whether you want the active portion of the career.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 292 Member
    Would like finishing highschool graduation giving options to go to university and getting access to more jobs and careers. Normally wouldn't say is much of a issue, but with both Vampires and werewolf having possibility of becoming immortals, I would not like to have them stuck going to highschool forever.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    In my opinion and I might be the only minority but I feel even if I get highschool years pack I'm still miss Preteens as a life stage because the teens in this game I never had a problem with their height I expressed that over and over through the threads of this forum. I look at Preteen as a life stage that needs to be introduced to the Sims Franchise and I've said this over and over all through the threads of this forum as well. I wanted Preteens since Sims 2. I just want it patched in shorter then teens but taller then kids, most likely still have a kids face because as much as I loved itskatatos preteen mod the Preteens looking having teen features through me off lol. I would love for them to look a little more youthful.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    In my opinion and I might be the only minority but I feel even if I get highschool years pack I'm still miss Preteens as a life stage because the teens in this game I never had a problem with their height I expressed that over and over through the threads of this forum. I look at Preteen as a life stage that needs to be introduced to the Sims Franchise and I've said this over and over all through the threads of this forum as well. I wanted Preteens since Sims 2. I just want it patched in shorter then teens but taller then kids, most likely still have a kids face because as much as I loved itskatatos preteen mod the Preteens looking having teen features through me off lol. I would love for them to look a little more youthful.
    I'm with you on preteens, the gap is as bad for me with child to adult sized teen as it was going from bassinet baby to an 8-year-old child before toddlers were added. I'd love to see this huge gap in life added to fill the game a Sim goes from a child playing toys one day to a fully grown teen messing around and going to high school the next where's the middle ground in game play.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I'm with you on preteens, the gap is as bad for me with child to adult sized teen as it was going from bassinet baby to an 8-year-old child before toddlers were added. I'd love to see this huge gap in life added to fill the game a Sim goes from a child playing toys one day to a fully grown teen messing around and going to high school the next where's the middle ground in game play.

Exactly and simmers don't understand that they say oh will what would Preteens bring to the game that's different then teen it's growing from being a kid to a teen also they same disagreement is with YA and A what's the big difference in game besides a few cas things...nothing they do the exact same thing do I have a problem with it no? The problem I do have is people passing up Preteens like it's not a life stage like y'all know good and well y'all went to middle school and junior high school before y'all went to high school as Preteens but if you didn't and your elementary and middle school was merged together then y'all know y'all classes were still different compared to elementary school classes.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Please, please please let there be an option to still rabbit hole school. 🙏🏼

I'd love to preorder the pack as the trailer was really right up my alley (except for the clothing), but I am hesitating as the rabbit hole replacement would be a deal-breaker for me. I have families with parents in active careers (scientists, policemen, actresses, doctors). I want to follow them to work from time to time.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »

I'd love to preorder the pack as the trailer was really right up my alley (except for the clothing), but I am hesitating as the rabbit hole replacement would be a deal-breaker for me. I have families with parents in active careers (scientists, policemen, actresses, doctors). I want to follow them to work from time to time.

It's really hard for me to imagine they would force you to go to school everyday like in real life 😆 I'm sure its a pop up to ask if you want to join or something like that.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 292 Member

Would imagine it be like with active careers of get to work, so if it's active you likely get some option like with that pack to send them alone.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member

It's really hard for me to imagine they would force you to go to school everyday like in real life 😆 I'm sure its a pop up to ask if you want to join or something like that.

I'm guessing you'll have to join them from time to time for promoting in the after school clubs and to improve the grades but it'll be all right to just send them on their own most of the time.
    Happy simming!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I'd go for the option of sending some off to boarding school and they coming back later with their examinations finished! In the meantime you could add having more babies.
  • Loretta619Loretta619 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @kaiwrysims said:
    > The highschool beside my primary school in Jamaica had a swimming pool. So it wouldn't be that far off for highschools in non American countries like Jamaica. I never got to experience highschool in Jamaica so I only know the Canadian highschool experience. But my primary school had clubs and stuff like field days. This is apparently a British thing too but we had houses and every student was put into a house and they stayed in the same house for the entirety of the time they are at the school. Would be cool to have boarding schools with houses and each house has a different colour uniform. They could have stuff like field/sports day where the houses compete against each other.
    >
    > We were also seperated into classes by our grades. I think when I talked with another jamaican it's not a universal thing in every school there. One thing I remember is that at my highschool in canada we had advanced math classes. In 9th grade we were automatically put into it if our grades were high enough but there was an advanced version of most subjects for higher grades.
    >
    > Some special classes my highschool had was drama, mechanics, fashion, music, food & nutrition, electronics, graphic design, wood working, computer science, and welding.
    >
    > A friend told me that highschools in Jamaica have farming and cooking classes.

I had a welding class in high school, it was very fun and rewarding. I remember in high school we had a cooking class and we made a lot of blueberry pies. Our teacher was continually redoing the recipe because he thought they were too sweet. We had a ton of fun. In my sophomore year, I had a point in the year where I was cheerleading, doing photography and yearbook, and taking a ton of AP classes. I was also in a relationship and had a part-time job working at the local movie theater. It was crazy and tiring, but all of these activities are what made high school worth it for me.
    Well what I want to see now that the pack is out is to be interactive in an active classroom like raise hand answer and ask questions, take notes, pass notes, sleep. The football team have a game on the feild like in DU it can be a rabbithole game just click on the feild. Also University Day where both UBrite and Foxbury come over to the highschool much like career Day and talk about which school is better. Also implement parenthood school projects, feild trips, enhance speeding up homework since they took notes and study for test.