Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you up to today?

Comments

• AraeliumAraelium Posts: 60 Member
    edited July 2022
    I see you've changed your pfp. Beautiful colors. Don't see those combinations too often :) .

I'm currently taking a break from Sims 4. There's only so much you can do before feeling burnout, and I've been trying to delay it by downloading poses and CC.

My reaction is a bit ridiculous. It's not like I haven't got other games and things to occupy my time with, but I've been playing the Sims since I was a kid, and these days I'm concerned that I might lose interest in the franchise permanently. Usually, when that happens, I don't really care, you know?

Meanwhile on non-sim related matters:

I'm on the last season of Stargate Atlantis at the moment, and that's giving me mixed feelings as well. *sigh*
    From season 4 onwards, the show starts to go downhill, IMO. It's like the writers had no idea what to do with the show and were doing things half-heartedly.
    There were quite a few filler/mediocre episodes that could've been used to explore more of the Wraith species, build up the lore in general, or to give a more satisfying conclusion, but it got cancelled too soon for another show that ended up cancelled too.

I'm currently reading SGA Legacy novels to fill in the void, but so far it's 50/50 quality wise.

I'm sorry for the rant. The downside to watching a show from 2004 is that there are very few active fan sites anymore to rant with like minded people.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Renée09 wrote: »
    Astro wrote: »
    Not really specific to today, but I've been deeply contemplating going back to school for a different degree. I just started a Masters Degree last August and I've been thinking about how this field isn't for me.

What are you hoping to do next? It's cool that u can go back tho. Hope what ever you do it works out for you 🙂
    I have a bachelors in Psychology and I started my Masters in Counseling, I really want to drop that and go back for Computer Science this fall. I'm hoping it works out for me to, thanks. :)
  • echo9echo9 Posts: 15 Member
    Wasting time trying to get enough points so that I can post a thread with my question in it TT_____TT
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I’m ok, I have work for part of the day then leaving early to go to my niece’s birthday party.

I watched the new Thor movie last night and it disappointed me so feeling a little down about it. :/
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Sorry you're having a rough time with you health @Renée09, I hope you feel better soon. It's frustrating when even the doctors can't help but hopefully they can figure out something soon sometimes it just takes a few tries.

Sims is great when you're not feeling your best. Definitely a good excuse to stay in and relax and play the game, and sometimes the escape from reality is nice when you're not feeling great, too.

Can confirm that gif is me at work. Rn especially as I'm on the dreaded clopen shift (close last night open today) not a lot of time to sleep in the first place and it's hot here rn too and I have no AC and my fan died (it was really old and bound to happen soon) so it was too hot to sleep. I do have a cooling blanket it's actually pretty great but sometimes it takes a bit to really work and last night that just made me really mad and then I couldn't sleep cuz stress lol.

So tonight I'm buying a fan on the way home from work. And then watching some Sailor Moon and then sleeping lots I hope.

Tomorrow I don't work it's my 1 day off until Friday so I dunno what to do about it lol. We have something called the Stampede here right now which is like a big fair with rides and games and shows and stuff and I kind of want to go tomorrow cuz it'll be less busy than next weekend but idk if I want to stampede on my only day off. If I don't go to the grounds I might find a breakfast cuz there's always loads of free breakfasts stampede week. But in any case tonight is gonna be an early sleep cuz I'm tired but also whatever I do tomorrow probably will mean getting up early (on my day off... yuck).
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I’m ok, I have work for part of the day then leaving early to go to my niece’s birthday party.

I watched the new Thor movie last night and it disappointed me so feeling a little down about it. :/

Omg @OhMyHemsworth I totally love your user name!! :) I'm a huge Chris Hemsworth fan 🥰 I'm sorry you found the new movie disappointing, I haven't seen it yet. Hoping to go with my friends if feeling well enough soon x
    I thought the other 3 were amazing. I really liked the second!

I hope your work goes well and that you enjoy the party and your niece has a lovely birthday xx

Awww thank you! That’s so sweet of you. 😊
  • CuddlyWuddlyMeCuddlyWuddlyMe Posts: 35 Member
    What did I do today?

Well, today, I spent most of it at home. My work diary empty today which was nice, meant a nice restful time for me. It's fully booked this weekend and this week so I'm going to be tired by the end of the week lol. Mustn't grumble though, good to be busy and work means food on the table so I'm grateful.

I did some Sims which was fab. I haven't been feeling it lately so was nice to do some today again. I'm hoping to fit some more in during free time over the weekend.

And this evening and right now I'm playing chess which is one of my hobbies.
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Sorry you're having a rough time with you health @Renée09, I hope you feel better soon. It's frustrating when even the doctors can't help but hopefully they can figure out something soon sometimes it just takes a few tries.

Sims is great when you're not feeling your best. Definitely a good excuse to stay in and relax and play the game, and sometimes the escape from reality is nice when you're not feeling great, too.

Can confirm that gif is me at work. Rn especially as I'm on the dreaded clopen shift (close last night open today) not a lot of time to sleep in the first place and it's hot here rn too and I have no AC and my fan died (it was really old and bound to happen soon) so it was too hot to sleep. I do have a cooling blanket it's actually pretty great but sometimes it takes a bit to really work and last night that just made me really mad and then I couldn't sleep cuz stress lol.

So tonight I'm buying a fan on the way home from work. And then watching some Sailor Moon and then sleeping lots I hope.

Tomorrow I don't work it's my 1 day off until Friday so I dunno what to do about it lol. We have something called the Stampede here right now which is like a big fair with rides and games and shows and stuff and I kind of want to go tomorrow cuz it'll be less busy than next weekend but idk if I want to stampede on my only day off. If I don't go to the grounds I might find a breakfast cuz there's always loads of free breakfasts stampede week. But in any case tonight is gonna be an early sleep cuz I'm tired but also whatever I do tomorrow probably will mean getting up early (on my day off... yuck).

Hi how have you been? Sorry I've not been around. I was bit ill recently. Still not 100% but a bit better x

Aw sorry you've been unwell but glad you're feeling a little better. Totally understandable if you need to take time away from the forums to rest and recover.

I'm doing okay. It's still way too hot here and it's making me pretty sick. So ya know could be better but such is life. I've got a pretty good cooling setup in my room now so mostly I just stay there and play Stardew Valley and watch Netflix so it's not all bad.
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

I'm a lot better now thanks! Just my body was being a bit rubbish lol but all good now long may that last...
    Yeah it does take a while and they seem to tackle things as they happen. Hopefully can stay away from hospital for a while now

Yeah so true Sims is just awesome to distract you from things and help you feel a bit better. That's what I'm doing today, Sims, all day I'm hoping.. Can't go out, to tired and to hot so just staying in and chillaxing. I may watch Ice Age later on that's one of my fav movies 😁🤗

Lol just got vision of you doing that at your work now 😂 sorry I wasn't here and didn't ask yesterday, are you ok? Did your shift go well? I hope you are and it did. It sounds mega hot where you are atm rn not nice. I hate it when it gets so hot it becomes uncomfortable. So sticky and unbreathable. Hopefully bit cooler for u today though 🤞🏻 It's supposed to get about 31 here today and 37 tomorrow, which apparently is very hot for Britain. I'm used to hot weather from Texas tho may be a bit harder now what with my useless lungs lol Hopefully be ok!
    Have u tried putting your socks in the fridge? My mom says to do that for when you go to bed and it'll keep you cool in the night.

Free breakfast sound nice. Make sure you drink a lot to so you don't overheat. Fluids so important so I'm told

I hope you managed to get your new fan and got plenty of sleep. X

Hope you're having a lovely weekend and have had plenty of chillax time :)

Glad you're feeling at least little better now.

Oh my gosh 37? We got to 31 and I was suffering. Over 25 and I'm suffering. I'm in Alberta, Canada so we can get as cold as -40 and winter weather can literally last 6 months. We're not really built for 30+ lol. Hopefully the heat won't be too bad for you sorry your health is making it difficult.

Yes lots of fluid in the heat I go through so much water and electrolyte drinks in the summer. Very very important, very easy to become dehydrated in the heat and that's a whole other issue that is NOT fun (I learned the hard way a few months ago 😬).

Trying to get a fan was a tedious task lol. I got one but it wasn't good so I had to get another but it took a few days so I suffered a few more nights of terrible sleep. Now I have a good fan though and it cools my cooling blanket even more so utilizing both of those at night I'm almost cold and I sleep amazing. So nice.

Yes it was a nice weekend. I mostly stayed home in bed where it's not hot lol. Went out for a bit on Saturday got a sunburn after 30 minutes outside spf 50 sunscreen on decided outside isn't worth it rn lol. Today was cooler though just for one day but I'll take it.

I hope you had a good weekend too and enjoyed Sims and Ice Age (it is a great movie).
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Hellooo, first time here.

What I'm up to today? Hmmm, we're doing this remote film shooting. I'm in Singapore, but the shoot is happening in South Africa. And I'm kinda just watching them via Zoom. 😌 It's interesting.
    Whoo back at home....... I survived the British heatwave lmao 🥵

200.gif

Actually was pretty hot today reached well over 37 which is very hot for this country... My breathing was a bit triggered at times but I had my oxygen and water and was fine thank god.
    School was a drag tho but it's over now and only few more days and I break up for summer yaay 😋😊

My plans tonight, rest up and cool off. Temp is now 32 so cooler but hoping it'll be nearly 20 or lower by bed.

Also gonna try and do a bit of Sims again and Stardew Valley

How do you survive that hot weather? Hahaa. It's only 32 where I'm at but I'm dying and 32 is like the usual temp here. 🤣 But maybe Singapore is super humid so it feels a bit more hot than the actual temp. 🤔

Hm, I just checked the Google App.

RQjyV3r.png
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Hellooo, first time here.

What I'm up to today? Hmmm, we're doing this remote film shooting. I'm in Singapore, but the shoot is happening in South Africa. And I'm kinda just watching them via Zoom. 😌 It's interesting.
    Whoo back at home....... I survived the British heatwave lmao 🥵

200.gif

Actually was pretty hot today reached well over 37 which is very hot for this country... My breathing was a bit triggered at times but I had my oxygen and water and was fine thank god.
    School was a drag tho but it's over now and only few more days and I break up for summer yaay 😋😊

My plans tonight, rest up and cool off. Temp is now 32 so cooler but hoping it'll be nearly 20 or lower by bed.

Also gonna try and do a bit of Sims again and Stardew Valley

How do you survive that hot weather? Hahaa. It's only 32 where I'm at but I'm dying and 32 is like the usual temp here. 🤣 But maybe Singapore is super humid so it feels a bit more hot than the actual temp. 🤔

Hm, I just checked the Google App.

RQjyV3r.png

We had exactly the same temps as you in Singapore, with exactly the same "feels like" temp due to humidity, and I'm in a place where it snows heavily in winter and summers used to be mild. I guess summers here are still mild compared to the brutal summers in most of the rest of the US though.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg