Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it safe to delete the premade sims?

I know in Sims 2 you can't without corrupting the game save, and in Sims 4 you can delete any sim in the game.
But I can't recall if it is safe to delete the premade sims in Sims 3. Is it safe to delete sims (I'm working on Sunset Valley) or is it a big NO?

Comments

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited May 2022
    It's not safe to delete them, but you can annihilate them with NRaas Master Controller. That will remove the sim, and their data that is programmed into the world.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Thank you.
  • Options
    QuinnikoliteQuinnikolite Posts: 14 New Member
    Hmmm... If you mean delete them from the town, I've done this many times and replaced them with all new Sims (or sometmes I just edit the characters and their names). I never had any problems. I do make sure to balance out the age/gender of the replacements though.
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    I delete game-generated sims regularly when I'm writing a story, just by doing the Object - Delete It cheat. Nothing worse than setting up a meaningful scene and having some paparazzi appear just when I'm about to take the screen shot! I also empty towns regularly as well.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    The problem with deleting a sim using Object Delete is that you get rid of their physical appearance but the sim is still in the game. You just can't do anything with it.
  • Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    You can remove residential sims (sims living in houses) by going into Edit Town, evicting them to the clipboard and then deleting them from the clipboard.
    Do NOT evict them to the clipboard and go back into your game without deleting them. If you do this, they will just be added to the homeless pool in your game.
    There is no safe way to delete homeless sims from your game without using a mod such as Master Controller.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I've never had any trouble deleting premade sims from the game. It should work just fine if you do it the way @wendyyi1 mentions. Although I've never had any problems deleting homeless sims without a mod either. I've always just used cheats to right click and delete them.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @ZeeGee , I love your video! Such a great idea to show how sims are deleted using Morgana Wolffe deleting Jamie Jolina as an example, and it is so well made!
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Reset Sim doesn't delete them. What did I miss?
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Reset Sim doesn't delete them. What did I miss?

I think it just sends them home in stantly and solves the problem sometimes.

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    @ZeeGee , I love your video! Such a great idea to show how sims are deleted using Morgana Wolffe deleting Jamie Jolina as an example, and it is so well made!

@PalmArrow Thank you very much! I did enjoy this story :lol:

@KevinL5275 It's explained in the comments, which you can't see here. I was horrified by how many Sims 3 'experts' on Facebook were recommending the object delete method to get rid of sims who get in the way of pictures or filming so that was my main goal. I should have been more clear.

@Karritz Yep that's it. :)