Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    The only thing is that the Servo in question has the painting aspiration (having already completed a wellness one that came when he was created). It’s a little difficult to have him find different emotions to complete the “three emotional paintings” goal. I did get him focused enough to complete a mathematical diagram, but other emotions will be tricky. I might remove the Techie lifestyle temporarily and then cheat it back once he’s completed the emotional paintings goal.

If I remember correctly they don't need to be different emotions. I think my sim had two flirty paintings and one other emotion to fulfil the 3 emotional paintings.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    That sounds useful!
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    The only thing is that the Servo in question has the painting aspiration (having already completed a wellness one that came when he was created). It’s a little difficult to have him find different emotions to complete the “three emotional paintings” goal. I did get him focused enough to complete a mathematical diagram, but other emotions will be tricky. I might remove the Techie lifestyle temporarily and then cheat it back once he’s completed the emotional paintings goal.

If I remember correctly they don't need to be different emotions. I think my sim had two flirty paintings and one other emotion to fulfil the 3 emotional paintings.
    The little sim statues you dig up have a playful aura you can enable. Dig some up, turn it on and have it near your sim and the easel. You can do all 3 the same. Also a little thing i do to make sure my sim gets all 3 done before the emotion goes away is: Start one, once its started and you can see it then stop your sim take the picture and put it on a wall or in your inventory. Now start another one, and do the same and start the 3rd one. Now you have 3 unfinished playful paintings you can finish at any time in any mood and it still counts. And this works for all the emotion paintings, playful, sad, flirty etc.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited May 2022
    I eventually got the Servo to just do three mathematical diagrams in the end haha.

My Sim’s computer just caught fire… whilst she was writing her university term paper of all occasions :| It was in an awkward location as I found out when my Sim did the “can’t get there” action. She ran outside and called the fire brigade… and I noticed that a random sprinkler appeared above the computer and put out the fire!!
    In case you were wondering how it caught fire, I think it may have been because there was an incense holder next to it, although I’ve had it on whilst other Sims have been using that computer and I’ve not had any issues previously.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,654 Member
    edited May 2022
    I eventually got the Servo to just do three mathematical diagrams in the end haha.

My Sim’s computer just caught fire… whilst she was writing her university term paper of all occasions :| It was in an awkward location as I found out when my Sim did the “can’t get there” action. She ran outside and called the fire brigade… and I noticed that a random sprinkler appeared above the computer and put out the fire!!
    In case you were wondering how it caught fire, I think it may have been because there was an incense holder next to it, although I’ve had it on whilst other Sims have been using that computer and I’ve not had any issues previously.

The incense holders are sneaky little devils. They have a way of catching me and my sims off guard. They know when we've forgotten about their pyro tendencies and poof, something or someone gets torched.
  • Jonathan777Jonathan777 Posts: 170 Member
    F7ZVpVp.jpg

I got this WooHoo moddlet when both of my Sims, who are Werewolves WooHooed with each other, thought that was a nice touch to the new pack :) (I have mods which is why I have so many different moodlets.)
    oNPKztK.jpg
    LOVE IS LOVE - Gilbert and Bruno Ferro
    He/They
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    Given the choice between a bed and a pool, merfolk will autonomously choose the pool instead of a bed to sleep.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member

You can do the same emotion and it counts.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I bet you didn't know Spellcasters get a boost to the Medium Skill and become Focused...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    I didn't know that Lazy sims have a special option for how they can respond to the Try For Baby phone call
    lazy-sims-response.png
    gen3-banner.png
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    Mine isn't mind blowing or anything, it's more of "how did I not know about this?!?". I bought the Sims 4 when it first came out and just found the calendar yesterday ..... I mean, how did I miss it all of this time? It's right next to the phone, how did I not accidentally misclick and open the calendar even once in all this time? :D

I only found it because my author was nominated for an award (finally bought Get Famous), and when I was looking online on where and when to go, I read a post about it being in the calendar. "Calendar ..... what calendar?".
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Mine isn't mind blowing or anything, it's more of "how did I not know about this?!?". I bought the Sims 4 when it first came out and just found the calendar yesterday ..... I mean, how did I miss it all of this time? It's right next to the phone, how did I not accidentally misclick and open the calendar even once in all this time? :D

I only found it because my author was nominated for an award (finally bought Get Famous), and when I was looking online on where and when to go, I read a post about it being in the calendar. "Calendar ..... what calendar?".

The calendar was exclusive for seasons for a long time. It became base game last year with a patch before cottage living. It wasn't in the game when the sims 4 came out so you couldn't have found it back then.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    @OriginalName calendar was only recently moved to base game! Last year, before Cottage Living, I think. It was Seasons-exclusive before.
    Atreya33 wrote: »

The calendar was exclusive for seasons for a long time. It became base game last year with a patch before cottage living. It wasn't in the game when the sims 4 came out so you couldn't have found it back then.
    somewhsome wrote: »
    @OriginalName calendar was only recently moved to base game! Last year, before Cottage Living, I think. It was Seasons-exclusive before.

Oh, that makes sense. I was just so confused as to how I could have missed it lol
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    I didn't know that Lazy sims have a special option for how they can respond to the Try For Baby phone call
    lazy-sims-response.png

HA - that is hilarious!
    Just had another smacking my head moment. I've skipped so many aspirations because one of the requirements is to "become an adult". Well some of my sims are young adults and I want to keep them that way ... turns out "young adult" is an "adult" as far as the requirement is concerned :D
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited July 2022
    I didn't know the fragrance stick from Spa Day could start a fire! At least I think that's what happened here, because I can't find another explanation:

yoga-feuer0121koh.jpg

The funny thing is that she continued to do yoga without a single care in the world, as if the room wasn't burning down around to her, until even the yoga mat burned away under her feet. :D She remained completely unharmed, though, just a little grumpy because the yoga mat was gone.

yoga-feuer02bbj20.jpg
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    edited July 2022

One boom box and two dancing cow plants is a party for Rowan. 😀

BqWSbZK.png
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Aaaand it happened again, this time with the other fragrance stick on the desk.

yoga-feuer035fja0.jpg

I don't know what it is with these things, I've used them in many other houses and spas over the years, and they never caused a fire before. Then again, maybe Rebecca is just secretly a pyro.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Werewolves can have very disgusting behaviour.
    3it76a44bd891.png
    Happy simming!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Fun facts!

High-maintenance sims who are angry at sun cannot declare love to sun (Spa Day + Seasons).

Sims can be friend of both of the werewolf packs. Yes, access to both of the hangouts and packmate gifts from everyone! However, you can only join one of the packs.

As said in the livestream, every sim (includes children and non-werewolves) can be a friend of a pack. You just need to be a werewolf to join them.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited July 2022
    Thinking it was a some kind of bug..my family members weren't showing up in the panels for the wedding event planner.

Then I realized through a test that this is not a bug.

Vampires only show up in these panels after 8PM.

My newest legacy family is 88% vampires so yeah.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top