Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Have you ever" game :)

Comments

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    No, thankfully.

HYE had a concussion?
    Met several celebrities at Dragon Con and had dinner with Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk), there. I was in email and phone communication with Rod Roddenberry, Gene (Star Trek creator) Roddenberry’s son concerning an online TV series we were writing for a show he was involved in. I’ve met most of Jimmy Buffetts band and briefly spoke to Jimmy Buffett, himself. I’ve communicated online with some TV show and music producers. There are probably a few other brief interactions that I’m not remembering right now.

HYE gone stand up paddle boarding?
    River boat, yes. Ocean liner, no.

HYE been to Key West?
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    edited July 2022
    Renée09 wrote: »
    Aww so amazing! I think it's interesting as well. So many different styles and types of hair. I love how it can be done in so many different ways, especially for girls. Do you find that as well?
    Yes, I definitely agree with you on that. There are so many possibilities, which is part of the reason why I find hair so interesting.
    Renée09 wrote: »
    Are you comfy to say what interest you in hair first?
    Good question because I was interested in hair even as a little girl. Apparently I liked to play with and attempt to style my mom's hair all the time, likely to the point where it got a bit annoying. When I really got interested in hair was when I was a teenager. There was a lady that my family went to get our hair cut for a number of years and I began to watch what she did really carefully and even started to ask questions. At one point when I was in high school she asked if I'd like to come and watch her do cuts and colors for a day. I'm glad I ended up taking her up on the offer because that was when I started seriously thinking I could see myself being a hair stylist one day. Watching her color several ladies' hair that day especially fascinated me since the process is more or less a form of art just like painting.

HYE had major surgery?
    Thankfully, no. It would be nice to keep it that way.

HYE gone swimming in a freshwater lake?
    Post edited by Kendrana on
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Yes, I have a long time ago, including some skinny dips when I was an adolescent. Skinny dipping in a lake is wonderful, feels so natural.

Have you ever taken a cold shower?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    A couple of times when the hot water wasn't working.

Have you ever made a film?
    Nope.

HYE seen a ghost?
    edited July 2022
    Reisharah wrote: »
    No but I had an experience where I thought I was dead and a ghost. It was a few years ago and I came very close to being dead, I was dead for a little bit and I left my body, I guess as a ghost or just my soul spirit. When this happened I felt nothing at all. It just felt, dead I guess, nothing else no joy, sadness or fear. Just this emptiness. I can't really explain it.

So no I haven't seen a ghost but I have had a ghostly experience.

Hye won the lottery?

I don't play the lottery so nope.

That experience you shared is somehow comforting but also unnerving. I've been reading about new science around the mind and consciousness, physics and biology, and how the "mind" might actually be an electromagnetic field that is not contained within the brain, but can extend beyond the body too, and can interact with the fields of others, and the universe generally. Like this has moved from far-fetched imagination of what might be, to reasonable evidence that it is so, and that's surprising but kind of neat. Like our experiences are not all contained in, constrained to, and generated by, a fatty gland inside our skulls that decomposes fairly soon after death.

Have you ever pondered your identity, reflected on whether it's what you were always told it should be?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited July 2022
    Sort of. I spent a long time trying to prove I was better than people's opinions of me in childhood, but in more recent years have sometimes wondered whether they were right after all. And also as to whether that's such a bad thing.

@ignominiusrex that's interesting you mention the mind being able to extend outside the body. I have recently been wondering, and this is probably me just being silly, but I have been wondering wether it is in fact possible to mentally travel back in time to your younger mind and have a conversation with your younger self?

Only, when I was a child, sometimes, when I was having a low moment, I would imagine an adult voice inside my head telling me it's going to be all right. And now as an adult, during moments of sadness I will occasionally imagine myself comforting a child version of me.

Or maybe I daydream too much! 😅

Right, what thread are we on again? HYE. Okay.

Have you ever had a butterfly or moth land on you?

(Edited because all my text suddenly got merged with the quote box).
    I definitely have had moths land on me before, but can't recall ever having a butterfly do so. Moths are a nuisance during the warm months where I live and get into the house constantly.

HYE been stung by a wasp?
    Yes.

HYE gone up a mountain in a chairlift?
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    Nope.

Have you ever found a slice of salami or something similar in a library book?
    cUrfGkA.gif
    Ew, no! And glad I haven't!

@WhatCobblers o m g I know exactly what you're talking about. I have had the same experience and wondered the same thing. I have done it as and adult and experienced it as a child.. we can't be the only ones..

Hye thought you slipped into an alternate universe,, narrowly avoiding an undesired outcome by a small seemingly insignificant choice to do something different from your usual, for no particular reason except a vague hunch or feeling?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited July 2022
    Haven't had a feeling of slipping into an alternate universe but have felt like I'm stood on an edge of a multiverse crossing (more in my head, not physically seeing it), facing several possible futures depending on what route I take. And I just don't know which route to take!
    I do like the idea that there might be many alternate universes where we've all got completely different lives depending on what choices we've made. Saw 'Everything Everywhere All At Once' recently which examines this concept (in quite a comical manner) and it blew my mind.

@WhatCobblers o m g I know exactly what you're talking about. I have had the same experience and wondered the same thing. I have done it as and adult and experienced it as a child.. we can't be the only ones..

Woaaahhh! Wow. That's amazing. Yes I don't doubt for a minute that we're not the only ones. This sounds like an idea for a new thread!

HYE felt as though you're facing a choice of portals to several different futures but don't want to go in any because you're worried about choosing the the wrong one?
    Post edited by WhatCobblers on
    All. the fripping. time.

And it is anxiety-inducing if I'm conscious enough of it to start overthinking and ruminating on potential cause-and-effect chains to the point I feel paralyzed by simultaneous need to know, vs. impossibility of knowing til I choose. But there have been times I felt like I chose, being only slightly conscious of doing so, and that was not anxiety inducing because I went with my gut or instinct, instead of analyzing it in my head. Acting in the moment without thinking, in a flow state, is the best because there's this sense of surety to it.

Seriously, are we the only ones? Who else feels this way here?

HYE feared that every possible experience available in the universe will eventually, or is simultaneously somehow, going to be experienced by each and every one of us: the best, the worst, and everything in between? It's both relieving and horrifying. I prefer imagining that I have at least avoided the most dreadful fates out there...but what if in the fullness of time and existence, if there are ultimately no differences between us and separation of consciousness is an illusion, what if that means that all the atrocities ever committed or ever will be, are all visited upon each of us, and done by each of us? How do we get through that?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    That's something I've never thought about before. Do you mean if one person experienced millions of different lives simultaneously? I'm not sure one human mind could process all of that without going mad. Also, I imagine the less pleasant life path possibilities include numerous deaths, but if all these lives were connected to one person, it surely wouldn't be possible to die more than once at different times.

Perhaps there is someone with better scientific knowledge of the multiverse concept who could answer this question.

To quote Terry Pratchett, there are only two things that are certain in life: death and taxes.
    I think it's safe to say that even if multi-verses did exist (and it would be so cool if they did) and it was actually possible to connect across these, it would require such advanced mental training or technology that our world is probably centuries, possibly millennia, away from achieving it.

HYE dreamt about the next day, only to discover that it's not the next day at all and that you were still dreaming? (And if so, did the real next day come true when you woke up?)
    Oh yes.

HYE used a rock climbing wall?
    Once when I was a kid, yes. It's so hard to remember all of the details because it was quite a long time ago, but I do recall it being super tricky.

HYE found a fossil?
    Yes.
    Reisharah wrote: »
    No I almost never dream. Don't think the dream system in my head is working properly LOL.

Hye raised money for charity.

Don't worry, it's working whether you're aware of it or not. People engage in REM sleep even if they recall nothing of their dreams, and when they are denied REM sleep in experiments, lack of it causes hallucinations and worse, quickly. The fact that you're alive and functioning means you're getting REM sleep and therefore dreaming.

I almost never remember mine either, these days, but the times before when I did were always very stressful periods so for me at least, not remembering dreams seems to mean being more peaceful overall.

Hye held a toad or frog in your hands?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top