Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are the townies supposed to have a career?

I read in sims fandom wiki that Nancy Landgraab is supposed to be a minor crimelord and Geoffrey is a detective, but they are both unemployed in my game. Mortimer Goth is also unemployed, but Bella has a job. Is this a bug or the careers in the wiki just don't always happen?
Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

Comments

• manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,110 Member
    Are they played or unplayed in your game? If they're unplayed they can leave and join careers of their own accord.
  • zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    @manicobsessive unplayed. Welp I guess they left their jobs and haven't found new work

• manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,110 Member
    @manicobsessive unplayed. Welp I guess they left their jobs and haven't found new work

Wish I could do that, but we don't have the motherlode cheat in the real world. :D
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    ...though of course, detectives and crimelords are both jobs where one might go undercover. Maybe they don't want you to blow their cover!
    @manicobsessive that's simple, just use the sims.modify_funds cheat /s
    @Benjamilian but wouldn't it be suspicious if they live in a huge ugly mansion but are unemployed? Maybe it's time to relocate them to agave abode

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    wouldn't it be suspicious if they live in a huge ugly mansion but are unemployed? Maybe it's time to relocate them to agave abode

Nah. In true robber baron style, they’re living off of other people’s labor. 😀
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Pretty much. Landgraabs are implied to be much wealthier than they are, considering where they live and what jobs they start out with. Just the weirdness of what constitutes "wealth" in the minds of the players.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Probably neighborhood stories, it has people leave jobs - retire- get new ones etc.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    @sunblond i'm keeping them unplayed for a while, curious if they'll get new jobs or not