Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be Prepared for many more CAS & BB Kits in Sims 4!

Β«1
Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
So out of boredom, I checked in on Maxis' Career page.

They're currently looking for an Associate Producer II, which it appears their main function would be handling kits.
Responsibilities:

Gather data for potential kit themes
Pitch kit themes to The Sims 4 leadership team
Collaborate on the content of kits with the art director, concept artists, modelers, and designers
Establish optimal schedules for kits with development directors
Analyze the performance of released kits
Work with a team of producers, designers, artists and engineers across time zones and locations to create compelling new features for The Sims 4
Own game features from start to finish, managing scope, quality, and on-time delivery
Work with designers to express vision and goals of game features
Schedule, run, and document feature meetings
Coordinate work with implementers and development directors
Maintain feature documentation
Foster and aid interdisciplinary collaboration
Help the team prioritize and resolve issues as they emerge
Write, edit, and approve text for features
Approve test plans
Review game features as they are implemented
Coordinate play tests and manage feature feedback
Demo features
Liaison with Quality Verification to ensure quality
Field bugs and assess their priority and risk
Support the development team by using proprietary tools
Track community feedback to inform strategic decisions
Advocate for players, ensuring the best possible player experience
Contribute to a stimulating and fun work culture

Qualifications:

You have worked on development teams of PC, Mac, or console games
You have gone through the full development cycle of DLC or a base game
You are capable with core types of tools including bug tracking, spreadsheets, wiki, and version control
You are detail-oriented
You look for opportunities to improve things and you jump in to do so
You are eager to sharpen your skills and take on new challenges
You are adaptable to changes
You love games!
You have a passion for current fashion and interior/exterior design trends

https://ea.gr8people.com/jobs/174382/associate-producer-ii-maxis?locale=en
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    To be honest, I suspected as much. I agree with the speculation that they will be a large portion of 4's tail. We'll probably get two kits every other pack release, like so far.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited July 2022
    I've prepared.... by not buying any more of them unless its a complete dream come true :lol:

figured theres gonna be million kits with this kind of release speed and quantity so I need to get picky otherwise my computer will just crash and burn baby burn
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    -grumble grumble- keeping up with the gallery folks with a need to have what's in homes that are cool -grumble grumble-
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited July 2022
    It feels like sims4 kits have become the equivalent of mobile game content.

Stuff that you buy so they can make better games... or packs.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I only have one thing to say about this: Meh. (Oh, and I shrugged when I said it.)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    So out of boredom, I checked in on Maxis' Career page.

They're currently looking for an Associate Producer II, which it appears their main function would be handling kits.
    Analyze the performance of released kits
    Work with a team of producers, designers, artists and engineers across time zones and locations to create compelling new features for The Sims 4

From my understanding they would only need engineers for gameplay kits so I think this might be proof they aren't 'dead'.

Also, they already have the current producers working on kits (simguruazure worked on little campers) so this frees up those producers to work on packs.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Oh, jolly. This is about as exciting as watching paint dry or grass grow. Much prefer they get their people, new and current, busy on bug squishing and producing high quality, meaningful content that is rich in gameplay and sim depth.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I stopped buying kits.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,831 Member
    I like the kits that I like :)

I'm not convinced it's CAS/BB only. Playtesting is part of the description. (ok, you'd need a little playtesting for BB, but still.)

I hope whoever they hire enjoys gameplay kits, and has a love of weird things.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited July 2022
    I hope whoever they hire enjoys gameplay kits, and has a love of weird things.

any occult loving people fit for the job here? :sunglasses: we need man on the inside very secret secret does not particularily have to be man can be woman or nonbinary pal too
    febe9d230628728e23115cdfd70cc4dc.jpg
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    I have lost interest in kits a long time ago. My interest would be reignited once a gameplay kit comes, but that seems to be never happening...

Welp, it was nice knowing you, kits!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm so sick of kits

Even by meticulously planning every sim's different outfit, even with a household of 6, there's still a distinct limit to how much clothes a Sim can wear at a time.

We get plenty of clothes in Gameplay and Expansion Packs. I'm so sick of these 'party' clothes coming out when my Sims don't even get invited to parties.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I'm really unhappy with kits instead of stuff packs. I have two kits and I will buy if it's a really good theme. It annoys me to support this practice because the main reason I liked stuff packs was because there were gameplay elements and now we don't seem to get any gameplay kits. I just want some gameplay.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    edited July 2022
    I've prepared.... by not buying any more of them unless its a complete dream come true :lol:

figured theres gonna be million kits with this kind of release speed and quantity so I need to get picky otherwise my computer will just crash and burn baby burn

Same here.
    I haven't bought any kits since Blooming Rooms.
    It's must have content only from here out.

Inchion Arrivals was a must have for me because it went well with my Dark Academia look for my Britechester Sims.
    Industrial loft because it did wonders for my makeover of the Old Salt house in San Myshuno.

If a kit does wonders for a specific sim or group of sims, fills a gap or completes an existing, but weak game theme, or allows me to create something new and useful, then I will pick it up.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    I have yet to buy a kit. I'd like to think I'm prepared for a coming onslaught of kits.

Anything that isn't a Sulani kit or an Occult kit will be turned away at the door.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Cool. I like kits.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I'm salty they phased out gameplay kits but I still buy kits
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,792 Member
    This should probably have gone in the unpopular opinions thread, but this thread is about kits so I'll say it here.

I love the kits. The CAS and BB items we've gotten lately have cut down on the amount of cc I've added to my game. I don't need as much cc because the quality of what comes in these kits recently is more than close enough to satisfy me. I loved the stuff packs because you got more items, but the quality of the items in there was never as good as what's been in these kits. And if we were still getting the bigger SP we would probably still be getting the lower quality items. I've learned to embrace having fewer items of a higher quality rather then the other way around.

If they can, or would, give us SPs with this level of quality CAS and BB items then yes I would want them more than kits. I don't think that's what they'd give us though.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,372 Member
    Kits are nice I suppose but they suffer from the same drawback as packs, you like some of the items, but not all, and some items you would want to modify somehow. If you buy one every month they would add up to make the cost of an EP over a year, but without the gameplay. I am wondering if we will get a winter EP this year, or skip it like last year.
  • PhobostimePhobostime Posts: 38 Member
    I have no interest in BB or CAS kits, and haven't bought any. There are already more clothes and objects in the game than I know what to do with.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I’m not convinced that the job posting is for a new position. It could be to replace someone who is resigning, or has recently resigned.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    I don’t mind kits. I’ve only bought one, but that’s just because of the inherent niche appeal of kits. I view it as the TS4 version of the TS3 store, where you can add little details to your game without them being tied to a pack. I am disappointed in the lack of Stuff Packs, though. I thought Paranormal was pretty well received, and I miss having more gameplay options in smaller packs.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I should apply for the job... Then work my way up to the ladder and become CEO of Maxis. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I’m not convinced that the job posting is for a new position. It could be to replace someone who is resigning, or has recently resigned.

It could be but simguruazure worked on the last kit and she has been a producer from before kits have been a think so that would mean that they have had producers that work on packs work on kits too instead of having a dedicated producer for kits specifically.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr