Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

State of your simming.

Comments

• MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2022
    UP! (This!)
    Until a couple days ago, I would have probably voted "down." At best, I was "sideways," because I wanted to play but couldn't remain interested in any save/project. I would have some time to spend with the game and an idea of how I might enjoy it, but I'd boot up my computer and...blah. I wasn't motivated to write either, which can sometimes inspire me to get into the game.

Now I'm enthusiastic about playing again. I haven't bought Werewolves yet--we're not big occult Simmers at our house--but the excitement some of you have for your lycans is contagious. I have lots of packs and worlds to explore. In fact, that's my daughter and I are doing some of that, alongside our "story save." I also decorated a house for the first time--a two-bedroom house for a Sim who's just a bit past the "starter house" stage, and that was fun.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    UP! (This!)
    I voted up, because, even without the new pack, there was a lot left to explore with my current collection. However, the Werewolf pack has invigorated my story game tremendously and given it a new twist. I had to take a break for a few months due to real life and was having difficulty getting back into the flow of my story. Werewolves came out at the right time to give me a jumpstart.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    UP! (This!)
    I'm having a great time! Even though my poor Sims aren't having it so good. The game keeps throwing me curve balls and that sparks the creativity in me. Looking forward to the High School EP. I think, since I play on Long, that my Child Sims (who just aged up from Toddlers) will probably just be Teens when it releases. Yay!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    UP! (This!)
    None of the above. My state of simming looks like a Bloch Sphere. Hard to explain. 😅

I'm sorry to hear that.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    UP! (This!)
    Finding the time to sit down and play, without interruptions every few minutes, has been an issue for months. There are times when I have an hour to myself, and I think about sitting down to visit my Sims, but an hour here and there just isn't enough time to accomplish anything, making it seem like a waste to even try. And when I do play for more than an hour, I don't want to leave the game! I recently purchased the wedding game pack, Werewolves and the camping kit and have barely scratched the surface of what they have to offer. And now with the Sims4 High School EP coming up I NEED more free time. What is the point of being retired when I can't find the time to indulge in the things I like to do? So, I conspired with my sisters-in-law, and we came up with a plan to get our husbands out from underfoot for the next month. Devious on our part, but the men clearly needed a push to find something to do to keep them occupied while we get a much-needed break. Theye'll get a month-long fishing trip and the wives will finally get some time to do whatever we want. Our dear mother-in-law thinks we're brilliant and has given us her blessing, so the plan is coming together, and our wonderful hubby's will leave after the 4th of July. B)
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    UP! (This!)
    I have things to do, though there's this struggle between how to execute my plans and when to. I find I quickly get attached to my sims, which is why I play with aging off, but then I find it hard to actually age up my sims/start a lasting romantic relationship/move them out/get them married - in other words progress their story - because in some cases I don't know if I'll care later on to follow that story, if that makes sense.

For example recently in my rotation I aged up a child sim to teen, who has been a child for rl years at this point. I really needed to catch him up with the rest of my aging population. And I did technically age him up a few years back but then I lost that save and waited until recently to try again.

On my first attempt I found myself not caring so much for that sim as I did when he was a child. It's like he lost his charm. This time I thought I'd play out his story differently and doing so made me want to continue it again.

Basically what I'm saying is I want my sims to age and move on with their lives but I struggle in doing so due to my attachment to where they are in their current life stage/part of the story. It's a little sad to let things go. LOL I think that is one reason why I rotate between so many households. Like an excuse to delay progressing the stories of my favourite sims. :lol:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2022
    Other (Sideways?)
    I'm having fun playing with the werewolves currently and I always have something that I can do in the game but also I sometimes struggle to find motivation in the Sims 4 and I end up revisiting the older games for a while.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Other (Sideways?)
    Hoping for a good length of time when I can play without constant interruptions. I have been mainly building as having difficulty finding even a couple of hours when I can play without stopping.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    UP! (This!)
    I've been having a lot of fun with the game these past few months.
    I'm on the game for hours. And when I come home from work, I get on for a few hours before needing to force myself off.
    I still have things that I have left to do from expansion packs that I haven't explored yet. No rush for me! :D
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    UP! (This!)
    I'm back on a serious Sims kick likely due to the lull in FFXIV content and needing an RP break, and a lack of any new and exiciting other games in my life at the moment. -hides away backlog-
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Other (Sideways?)
    I am somewhere inbetween. It's just that IRL hasn't been great for me lately and it is also influencing my enjoyment from video games.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited July 2022
    Other (Sideways?)
    Today I downloaded the Smaller Censor mod and prepared my Goth family for their weekend trip to Mt Komorebi, so when I open my game next week they'll be ready to go! But I didn't feel like playing more because it is so hot here and tomorrow I'm going on a weekend trip and don't have time to play :smile:
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Down (That.)
    Due to the death of a loved one, I just haven't been able to play for any length of time.

The game will still be there when I'm ready to tackle it again.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Other (Sideways?)
    I've been on a break for most of the past year. I'm not sure if I'm over it or this is just a temporary return like I had in December and March. But my desire to play with werewolves has been pushing me to move through my rotation to the point where it makes sense to work them in.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Other (Sideways?)
    Have ideas, but time is often scarce, and the game reminds me of a 747 with Cessna engines. And that's the older installation. The one that's more or less current has one Cessna engine missing, one doesn't work, and the other 2 are erratic.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Down (That.)
    At present, I've simply run out of ideas. Bored to tears with nothing new for nearly a year...but wait: there is hope...light at the end of July.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    UP! (This!)
    Stratospheric. Between my two main saves I'm exactly where your description says, where in the world am I ever going to find the time for all the gameplay ideas I have swirling around in my head. I wasn't having any trouble before werewolves came to my happy little sims world. Now that they're here, I'm having the most fun I've ever had with the game.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,325 Member
    Other (Sideways?)
    Actually somewhere between "up" and "sideways".

I still have loads of fun with the game, and lots of ideas, but am currently frustrated with new packs being buggy.

I want to buy "Cottage Living" but there is still the multiple Agnes and Agatha Crumplebottoms spawning glitch, which I don't feel like dealing with.

I want to buy "Wedding Stories" but that's still got some gameplay issues.

I want to buy "Werewolves", but I'm waiting until it becomes clearer what is causing the multiple worlds glitch and the squashed werewolf faces glitch.

So some of my saves which were going to use those packs for ideas I have are kind of in stasis for the moment. I have other saves I'm playing, but it's still annoying.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Other (Sideways?)
    Meh. IRL issues are probably affecting my game. Effecting? I don't even care anymore, honestly. I want to play, and have tons to discover still, but I kind of feel meh at the same time. Started two new saves, and so far, no spark. We'll see if my occult one gets me anywhere, as it's the newest so far. Has a couple of each type of occult in it, in different worlds, as a genetacy - should be interesting, at least.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    UP! (This!)
    I've been really enjoying TS4 this year. Finally taking the time to rebuild every world (including sims) to my liking like I've been wanting to for years. Wish I started sooner since with all packs, that's a lot of worlds. :weary:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    UP! (This!)
    A couple days ago I would have said "down" as I was getting bored with it, but then bought StrangerVille and Tiny Living on sale. Feel like I did everything that can be done with StrangerVille within a day and almost the same with Tiny Living, but this weekend will probably try some tiny home builds so it's a hesitant "up" vote. Maybe I should have just gotten Werewolves though at full price, maybe I'll give in and get it this weekend though I hate to buy too many packs in so short a period of time.
    The cake is a lie
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    edited July 2022
    Other (Sideways?)
    I just went from my quietest time of year to my busiest time of year, work-wise. I haven't played at all this week. But I like where my games are, both my main save and my Don't Lose the Farm challenge, and I enjoy thinking about where the various stories are going to go from time to time throughout the day. I also like reading about all your stories too.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    UP! (This!)
    Currently starting a new generation with my legacy challenge so I'd say I'm in the up and excited to play when I can find some time to do that again.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    UP! (This!)
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Due to the death of a loved one, I just haven't been able to play for any length of time.

The game will still be there when I'm ready to tackle it again.

I am sorry for your loss, bshag4lv.
    I lost my sister years ago. After the initial grieving I coped by building a computer.
    It seems odd now, but throwing myself into that project helped me cope. It was the first time I'd lost someone in the immediate family.
    Yep, the The Sims 4 will be there waiting for you, with tons of DLC. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    UP! (This!)
    Mostly up with a tiny side of sideways. Also replaying some Syberia to prepare for when I can afford the latest in both. Sigh
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion