Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying High School Years ?

1235...Next

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Definitely thinking in terms of Monster High or Ever After High with this lol. Watched a lot of that with the kiddo as she aged. Can't make Frankie though *sadface*
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    If it's functional I'm probably going to put an EA gift card on my birthday list for next month and get it then. It looks really fun actually. I'm looking forward to it more than I thought I would. :)
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes I’m getting it as I’m a collector of the sims plus you get a pre ordered incentive 😊
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Undecided
    I'd like to see more from it before deciding honestly. It looks great and I've wanted a better teen experience but how does the school work? Do you go with them? Is it private school? Is it so busy you have no social life like university? All things I'd like to know first.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I've been wanting more for my teens.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Pre-ordered because this adds to their everyday lives. Sounds like a fun one!
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Undecided
    I just pre-ordered after watching the trailer frame by frame. There's a lot of nice stuff in this pack and I really like the new hairstyles. I play rotationally and have a lot of teens in my game. It will be nice to have more for them to do.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Pre-purchased it yesterday morning as soon as I had my cup of coffee ☕️ in hand.
  • CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    Undecided
    It looks like a great pack! But I feel a bit old :P I am also not American, so I wouldn't pick it for nostalgic or relatability reasons either. I think I'll wait it out to see if it's something I want to add to my gameplay. I play one megahood though, so I don't mind if their teen experience remains light and simple.

I think Prom would've been a sweet add-on, even if they just get to pick the dress and their date - and disappear into the void - only to return with a cool story to tell.

I'm happy to see that teens have their own gameplay now, I know a lot of people really wanted this.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Undecided
    I actually like the idea for more game play for teen Sims. Especially since I do play quite a bit of teens Sims living on their own. I want to have a teen wolf attending school, and other members of the occult, doing the same thing. So, kind of like Monster high? Or do Ever After High, which would include fairy tale characters. Or even Harry Potter.
    However, I want to wait to see what the actual game play is like before I get it.
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I need every pack, but will probably wait for a sale though. I'm a bit salty at the fact that Werewolves won't get much time between release dates. It will practically be forgotten in favor of High School.
    1500x500.jpg
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes, I can see myself using lots of stuff in non highschool environment .
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    No
    I won't be buying it. Aside from not having much interest in sims life states before young adult (my sims tend to get aged up very quickly), the pack itself just feels so alien to my experiences as a non American that I honestly cannot even see how I would incorporate the game play into my game (and that's coming from someone who can usually incorporate almost any concept into my sims game).
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes, as I feel that teens and children (hopefully more on them later) need more things to do and focused packs. I also am excited to combine my occult packs to make a combination of monster high/buffy the vampire slayer/teen wolf/riverdale etc type of school.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • simpureheartsimpureheart Posts: 39 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes! I'm going to pre-order this one.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Undecided
    Basically i need to know if you can skip it, and just use the buy and build items, because there are tons of good stuff there.
    If I can buy it and turn off the actual school function, I would buy it on a sale.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    No
    At first I though I would, after all I love getting new content and a new world.

But after watching the trailer I don't feel it is a pack I'll get - the content simply doesn't appeal to me in any way and is irrelevant to my gameplay, as it's all about American school stereotypes.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Like the second it comes out I will be purchasing
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Absolutely, this pack is right up my alley! I'm so excited to customize the school haha.
    High school itself has never been high on my list, but there are a number of things shown in the trailer I could potentially be interested in. Also, not sure about the "natural growth of body hair over time" thing described in the blog announcement. I want body hair, but only as a CAS item, not something that changes over time. So depends on if there is an "off" toggle for that.

Body Hair is a base game thing I believe. Unless "natural growth" is only for the pack, maybe I misread that? I know shaving is just for the pack.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    The carnival looks kinda interesting but the rest is not really my personal interest. I need more information on what this means for my teens in terms of gameplay. Will there be new school types or active classes? Will the base game high school continue to be available? I like being able to send sims to rabbit hole schools (and jobs) when I play big families.

The school experience also feels like a Hollywood teen movie because it feels very American with little to remind me of my actual high school.

I think this pack is released too close to werewolves. I want to enjoy that pack first. I would have liked to post on werewolves occasionally over the summer but I guess werewolves is old news now and the only thing that counts on the forum and social media from now on is high school. :( . I think the only occult pack in 3 years deserved a bit more time getting attention.

If I get it, it will definitely be on sale.

You still can enjoy the Werewolves pack; as will many other people. Just because a new pack comes out doesn't mean you can't still enjoy the old one!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes, I will be getting it, I just hope it works better rotationally than Discover University did.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No
    No, I suppose not. I can't get past the teens who look like thirty something, still in school. :/

As far as the Americana high school experience I see a lot of people down on that. Well, high school in my day was exactly like that. Cliques, popular rich kids, clubs to join, yes, we had a chess club, we had future farmers' clubs, debate clubs, Eco clubs, future homemakers clubs, science clubs, you name it we had a club for it.

Everybody wanted in on the annual staff because one could get out of classes to work on the annual stories and pictures. Everybody wanted to be one of the people who could also bring in projectors and other equipment to class rooms....(omg dinosaur days?) because it got you outta class. Everybody wanted to be a teacher's assistant to run those errands because it got them out of class.

The school was divided into cliques. Doctors' and Lawyers' kids were going to be chosen for prom queen and king. Forget ever thinking someone with a lower economic financial situation would ever be elected by student body for those positions.

It was a whole lot like Breakfast Club, and or Pretty in Pink movies. Even decades before those movies. Poor kids could become 'popular' because they had a chance to be a football or basketball star...but usually money was the motivator of who was popular and who was not.

There were nerds, there were geeks, there were jocks, there were Pollyanna's, there were jerks like Reggie from the Archie comics, there were valley girls, every stereotype you can think of. So, no I'm not bothered by Maxis portrayal of the Americana take on high school because I have a sneaking suspicion other countries have their divisions with who lives on the wrong side of the tracks....let's not pretend there aren't private schools for royalty and other upper crusties. :p

I would hope Maxis gave the student a home room/teacher and then different classes with different teachers all day while attending....if not then it's not like American schools at all. We never had the same teacher for more than one subject unless they were short on staff.

I'm not saying high school wasn't a grind, it was hard work back when they actually taught biology, science, algebra, calculous, geometry, English Literature, History, Geography, American History, and dozens of more I can't name off the top of my head. It was hard but yes, what I saw in the trailer was very much what I remember.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Hell yes.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif