Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying High School Years ?

Comments

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Undecided
    I might get it eventually, if only for the world and some new BB stuff. It looks as if it might be more event-oriented than I like as far as gameplay goes, and going by what was shown in the trailer, the overall theme is currently of no interest to me. But I'll wait to learn more details before I actually decide.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Undecided
    Probably yes (on sale and/or after major bugs have been fixed).

But from first impressions, it looks like a real mixed bag of things I'd really like, things I don't particularly want but could avoid using, and things that make me very nervous. My primary play style is rotational with aging off, and I am not interested in going to active school much if at all, so I basically need to watch the livestream and see what the experience is like for the early players to make sure this pack won't break my game. If it won't break my game, then I'll probably buy it on sale, because the world + other features I do like would make it worth $20 to me, but probably not $40.

(Not saying it's not worth full price, I'm saying it's probably not worth it to me, given the features I won't use. For other folks, it sounds like it's probably well worth it!)
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Most likely yes, though not until it's on sale and only if the content is really as good as it seems. There are a few question marks for me so far:
    • The carnival - are the rides really just rabbit holes or can you actually go onto them? Can we build it anywhere? I'm eyeing the pier in Windenburg here.
    • Sneaking out - other than being able to climb out a window, what does it mean in terms of game play? Will parents be able to fret, worry or call you? Will they discipline you later? Will they be asleep when you get home so you sneak back in? Is there a difference between doing this successfully or not?
    • Pillow fight - just for teens, or for kids too? Same with sitting cross legged, is that just a teen and up animation or for younger sims too?
    • Can school still be a rabbit hole if I want to play the parents going to work instead? Like active careers are?
    • Do you have to do the promposal or can you just ask normally? I have to admit I don't really see the need to go down on one knee for asking someone to the prom. And is it your active sim who has to ask, or will they be asked as well?
    • The graduation event - will that just be for teenagers or will it spill over to DU as well? It seems ridiculous if it doesn't have some sort of pack integration. Same with american football and cheerleading - as well as normal football. Will these two pack speak to each other or not?

So yeah, most likely I'll buy it, but I'm holding out for some answers first.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I can't imagine anyone not wanting it. That window/trellis action, the fair, prom, real school, graduation, that nice bluejean skirt, hopefully loads of prom dresses with white options for weddings, school activities, more love interactions hopefully, and that bed was kind of neat. I'm blown away. I didn't really expect to like Werewolves as much as I do, but the build/buy and clothes are really nice. The world is great. And now this pack with the fair. Please tell me there's balloons and cotton candy machine??? Nice place for a clown to have a job? I really love the idea of this pack. Just alone it would've been nice, but the fair with it is mindblowing. This is probably going to be one of the best EPs to date with gameplay and stuff and not just a bunch of coping what we have. I know that some is already there because of University, but it looks real cool. Really great work team and also on the werewolves. I've not been happy with packs for some time, but the last two kits, werewolves, and this one are really doing justice.
  • Options
    duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I know that I'll definitely be getting it, but I'm interested to see a gameplay demo to better clarify which new gameplay features will come with it. I also really want to see more of the new world! So far though it looks good, I like that they're fleshing out teens a little more and adding some school activities. I'm also super hype for the boba/thrift shop! I'm a huge family/generational player so this is the kind of content I always welcome. 😁
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Kbobster wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »
    As of now, yes I plan to buy it. I'm hoping the new animations are available for children also. Please say they can sit criss cross applesauce and have pillow fights!

I think it looks fun for what it is, but I wish it had more after school activities besides sports and cheerleading. I wasn't into that much other than attending a few games. There should be more for other kinds of teens.

The sims game already has the volcano projects and stuff, and it looks like you can create your school (or edit the one that exists) So you can create a Club that that meets at the high school that is science based, research/debate(if you have Uni). Make some artsy students and a drama club if you have Get Famous (practice acting). I wish they could put on school plays, that would be cool. We'll have to see what the Sims can do, but yeah, more on the Fine Arts would've been perfect for me.

I hope we can have clubs meet at the school. That would go a long way towards making it friendlier to more students. I don't own Get Famous yet. Not because I don't want it, but because I've been too busy playing other packs. And everytime I think I might get it, another pack comes out that I want more. 😂

Hopefully there will be ways to work in activities from other packs and include occults too if we want
  • Options
    Bianc51Bianc51 Posts: 19 Member
    Undecided
    I'm undecided. I've noticed that EA breaks up some of their earlier expansion packs (E.g.; Sims 3). For example, the previous expansion pack "Generations" — I find it weird it's only tailored to high school vs. toddlers, kids, and teens. I just don't want to keep purchasing packs for every generation...just a thought.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    No
    No, but not because of any strong negativity. I just don’t play teen age drama in my game.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes I will purchase it, even though I never reached naturally the Teenage stage with any of my kids... Not sure why but usually I restart over because somehow I get another idea. But this time my Sim girl has a baby boy with Greg and a second one was just born (girl) so I want to play as much as I can for their kid stages until I can finally age them up for teens and then hopefully it's time for High School! Oh boy... My boy is a Mooncaster, both greater werewolf blood and weak bloodline for spellcaster, so he will have :fun" in Highschool LOL
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Undecided
    Not sure if I will be interested or not, I will probably decide within 2 weeks after release after watching some reviews.

I did notice body hair and shaving, which I am hoping is a thing (I know body hair will be a bg update)

But I just want this expansion to be good
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Undecided
    I don't know yet. I'm annoyed, but not surprised, that the animations I really want, such as sitting on bed and reading a book or using a laptop, pillow fights and (looking at you MWS) drawing in sand/snow are scattered in packs that I might not otherwise buy.

I also wonder should I buy MWS or this High School pack for slow dancing. The high school dancing probably doesn't work with kids. Maybe I'll buy both when they are -50%. I'll wait and see.

I'm not excited to play high school stuff, but of course this pack has things that I could use and I'm glad there are more things for teens to do.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I would probably buy as it looks like a good pack; but might not pre-order it though and have to wait awhile given I already spent money on the Werewolf pack, books, Rosetta Stone on top of planning a big move, etc.... But as long as we buy it before Sept 8, we can still can get the bonus content and since it is an instant download, pre-ordering usually doesn't make a difference.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited June 2022
    Undecided
    Expanding teenage stage appeals to me but possible over-focus on school does not. I'm just the type of simmer who really can't be bothered with location themed packs. They just tend to be a brief distraction for like 2-3 times and then be forgotten. (Plus there's already a pack focused on similar theme for older sims, and there's a reason for why I haven't bought it.) My wish is that rather than focus on the boring "day-to-day" school stuff (I suspect it'd be very similar to active careers from GTW, i.e. get repetitive very fast), it'd rather expand the lifestage as a whole. I'm just not excited at all to play through some high school simulation stuff. So, in short, for me to actually cosider buying the pack they'd need to show some substantial gameplay that's not tied to high-school location.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    New items to use and new places for my Sims to visit.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Undecided
    Will most likely when on sale, but we'll see. Depends how fuctionable it is and what it exactly brings to the table for new gameplay.
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes, on sale, as long as I can keep school a rabbit hole. I don't want to follow my Sims to school, just as I don't wanna follow them to work, but the other stuff sounds interesting.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I've already pre-ordered. :D
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I really wish they had taken this opportunity to fix teens so that they look more like...teens. Or at least introduced a preteen stage like in Freeplay. If you took out prom, this trailer would look like it's for a second University pack.

That said...it does still look like it'll be a lot of fun. Loving the carnival, all the build/buy stuff, the return of the photo booth, and sims actually being able to sneak out of windows.

So yeah. I'll probably get this. It looks good enough.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Undecided
    Definitely will have to sit thru 2-3 let's plays before buying this; the school thing looks like a chore, Uni at least makes you not have to deal with the rest of the household, and as I have said elsewhere this doesn't trigger any nostalgia in me whatsoever since literally nothing going on in the trailer was anything I experienced as a non-American.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Undecided
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    I really wish they had taken this opportunity to fix teens so that they look more like...teens. Or at least introduced a preteen stage like in Freeplay. If you took out prom, this trailer would look like it's for a second University pack.

I am a little confused, but maybe it's whoever designed those Sims, but most of them look OLDER than the premades in Uni(!). I scoffed at the usual complaints about "teens not looking like teens" but at least half of the boys in this trailer look OLDER than the featured male premades in the Uni trailer!!
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    yes, but will be waiting for 50% off sale, which will come at some point in the next year if not much earlier I'm sure. I'll blame the Ferris Wheel for my "needing" to buy it eventually.

alrightly, I caved and preordered lol. Looking at other posts and the trailer there is so much build/buy stuff that looks amazing. I am an easy mark for build buy stuff. Also, the Ferris Wheel is the one thing I wish we had gotten in Sims 3 that we didn't, and I'm really excited to see how that works.

I probably will never even bother with the "High School" gameplay of the pack. I'm not that much of a family player, especially generational and other lifestates before young adult.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Oh absolutely! I hope the game pulls from the huge bank of teenage sims I have, instead of generating new townies. I would love to see my sims in class together, goofing off in the new world, going to prom...

I have PLANS. I'm so excited! :smile:
    Post edited by HopeyStarr on
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Undecided
    I'm somewhat leaning toward yes, but I need to see more to be sure. I'm hoping high school is similar to active careers where I don't have to follow my sims unless I want to.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Now I only wish for 6 more things for my Sims 4 game
    1) Nursery Rhymes Pack (focus on baby and toddler gameplay)
    2) Fairies (Would love for them to function like Spellcasters)
    3) Travel To The Future Pack (with an actual place to visit like Oasis Landing)
    4) Turn Back Time Pack (Historical: Build/Buy & CAS with some gameplay items)
    5) Generations Pack (based solely on beefing up the game with more family gameplay)
    6) Fix the glitches and bugs before it’s abandoned and left a mess like the Sims 3.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I will say no for now. The pack did not wow me at all, it looks just like young adult stuff again. I do play teenagers but it is not often... because they look like young adults. It still turns me off. There just was not one thing that excited me. I want my teens to look like teens and not some young adult acting like a teen. So to me it looks like young adults got another pack.