Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild the World Challenge

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @StephSteb Had a good laugh about rules, I feel the same way. sometimes the game goes the just the way it wants. Have fun. You are doing good so far. I love your sims they are so cute. great job.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    edited June 2022
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

The First Wedding in Glenvale County!

The Lynn Legacy
    Part 10

Bryan finally mastered the charisma skill, so they were able to build a town hall and hire a justice of the peace.
    c4e74b_37884606f4744290bb797b325328069d~mv2.jpg

Hunter and Serenity were the first ones to get married. Of course, Bryan was in attendance because without him the wedding would not have taken place.
    c4e74b_de847de9ff1149768e27f53ae79a4332~mv2.jpg

The ceremony:
    c4e74b_1951c43e5701465883b9a7bc4b391d97~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_df972218643b4427a57545d9a02da1de~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_bff2816d2bdf459eb656d4ea0d2d2fba~mv2.jpg

Bryan got a bit emotional.
    c4e74b_9e717035ff9640628a7bcd7898eb8d03~mv2.jpg

Hunter cut the cake.
    c4e74b_cc62a8bc1cf64a8c9f7c3f45eec6bd93~mv2.jpg

And of course, Bryan was the first to grab a slice of cake and is already finished when everyone else was sitting down to enjoy theirs. :lol:
    c4e74b_db2dd38ec20d482795a4a83dc6348f69~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_156f3cf86a434656b28d4ab5b10b569e~mv2.jpg

Serenity is thrilled to finally be married.
    c4e74b_0ba14a6357d94dea9fe9ba79d365a2a1~mv2.jpg

Serenity and Hunter did this autonomously.
    c4e74b_c60995f9cd2f41ffbac690a2d617d7c3~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_7b3a7e3a45f341e8907b448acd0e7147~mv2.jpg
    I have uploaded my family HERE in case you guys want to grab any of the sims <3 They do have CC but no skins :)
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    :) Loved the wedding.
    :) Smile!

Ok, lots to post tonight, yay! Shannon has been fishing away. She also found a random garden in the world (not on a lot or anything, I've never seen this before) and got lots of new veggies and fruits to plant!

HRhtSEm.jpg

zxyCs1d.jpg

Blossom and Kirby have been working hard building up their logic skill...although Kirby had a bit of a mishap with the chemistry station! :D

nY7NT3k.jpg

Everybody is getting to know each other and getting along just fine. Kirby and Alexander are particularly good buddies :)

cNIrQxI.jpg

jYu34Y1.jpg

KMqQPGF.jpg

This is why I don't do challenges: I think I have the rules down and then NOPE. I read to turn aging off instead of story progression off so I went like a whole simweek without aging on :s Fixed it now though and Alexander has aged up to child!

96veLNV.jpg

FlhRnay.jpg

Aileen is next and then Blossom. Kirby (and Shannon obviously) still has a bit to go.

I'm going to work on getting them more things to skill up. I do have a question, though: how are they supposed to skill up in writing without a computer?
    Love all the screen shots from everyone.

The town finally got a Dinner.
    KR2HpZd.jpg
    Looks like Andy is in love. Hope it works out for him.
    HQ0EcNI.jpg
  • QuinnikoliteQuinnikolite Posts: 14 New Member
    > @Evalen said:
    > @Quinnikolite Years ago I invented the A to Z challenge and played in the same Sunset Valley for the whole thing, I made it to Zack It took me forever but I did make it. I did not age up anyone they all went through their lifetime until they died. In this challenge I am planning on doing the same thing, only I wanted to adopt only. But as you see my first child in this game is an Alien, but I will still try to adopt the others, I thought it would be fun too to rebuild as I went along. It is very slow, but i love it and am having fun. Although when I think about it, it would be interesting to let Andy the Alien marry and see what the baby turns out to be. It is causing me to wonder. Well I have a long way to go, Love the Sims and am having fun.

Cool! I have only made it to R, but I also play full lifespan with no aging up. Its a lot of fun, I usually move around to different towns though. I love the changes across families.

How are all of you doing on your games? I'm enjoying mine. I like skill challenges and gardening, so this is right up my alley.

If anyone is interested, I went through and listed all of the skills and how many Sims have to master each to build all of the community lots.

6 Athletic (firehouse, spa, military base, police station, gym, stadium)
    3 Charisma (city hall, school, corporate tower)
    2 Cooking (diner, bistro)
    5 Fishing (supermarket, bistro, pool, science facility, *beach)
    6 Gardening (supermarket, park, hospital, bistro, science facility, *gazebo)
    1 Guitar (theater)
    4 Handiness (building, firehouse, military base, science facility)
    6 Logic (hospital, military base, police station, school, science facility, *criminal hideout)
    1 Mixologist (*water hole juice bar)
    3 Painting (salon, police station, art gallery)
    1 Sculpting (art gallery)
    1 Writing (bookstore)

I decided that a Sim also has to master fishing in order to create a beach, master gardening to build the gazebo (in Glenvale County), and master mixology to build a bar.

* The beach, gazebo, bar, and criminal hideout (logic) are not required to complete the challenge. I am including them because they existed in Glenvale County before I bulldozed the town, and I want to build it back up to its original glory.

I am keeping to the original intent of the challenge, and am using some rules from the earlier challenge by @X8_Bliss (Natalie) to make my game more difficult. I started with just two children and started on a medium life span. The newer challenge allows for 2 toddlers, 1 child, and 1 teenager, and starts on a normal life span. I also turned off Nraas Story Progression and didn't build any houses until the first child was born.

Glenvale County has a community lot combining the grocery, bookstore, spa, and theater, so I have placed the grocery and bookstore on individual lots for now. The theater will also be placed on an individual lot as Serenity is at level 8 in guitar right now, but once I am ready to build the spa which requires athletics (Bryan has 5 in athletics), I will build the shopping center and remove the other three individual lots.

And just an FYI, if your community venue will not place on the lot it was on originally, it means there is something on the lot. Just save your game and bulldoze the lot one time. The lot should still be there, and you can now place the venue. If the lot disappears completely, and you can't add that size lot, just reload your game. Never bulldoze a lot without trying to add the venue (don't forget to change it to the type of venue). If you completely remove the lot, there is a chance that the size of the lot might not be available in edit town where you can add lots.
    Big update tonight. I can finally start building, yay! Kirby maxed out on athletic and handiness (THAT took forever), Shannon maxed out on gardening and is *this* close to maxing out on fishing, and Blossom maxed out on logic! I was able to build a hospital, fire station, military base, stadium, gym, and a big park/festival grounds!

JiSSYI3.jpg

EDO9F3M.jpg

noZNgIa.jpg

sHwNZRk.jpg

Aileen aged up to child

ocnJRu6.jpg

Blossom only has one more day until aging up and she has been painting every second she is awake :D

GTsLweS.jpg

So, I have been focusing mainly on skilling these guys up so I can get these buildings built! I haven't added any sims yet and probably won't until the town is built up a bit more. I have to go over the rules again and see when exactly I can start adding sims but I like the way things are for the moment <3
    texansky wrote: »
    How are all of you doing on your games? I'm enjoying mine. I like skill challenges and gardening, so this is right up my alley.

If anyone is interested, I went through and listed all of the skills and how many Sims have to master each to build all of the community lots.

6 Athletic (firehouse, spa, military base, police station, gym, stadium)
    3 Charisma (city hall, school, corporate tower)
    2 Cooking (diner, bistro)
    5 Fishing (supermarket, bistro, pool, science facility, *beach)
    6 Gardening (supermarket, park, hospital, bistro, science facility, *gazebo)
    1 Guitar (theater)
    4 Handiness (building, firehouse, military base, science facility)
    6 Logic (hospital, military base, police station, school, science facility, *criminal hideout)
    1 Mixologist (*water hole juice bar)
    3 Painting (salon, police station, art gallery)
    1 Sculpting (art gallery)
    1 Writing (bookstore)

UH OH. I think I might've built too early? I thought you only needed one sim maxed out on a certain skill to start building?

@StephSteb
    In order to start building at all. One Sim has to max handiness. Then each building has skill requirements. So the supermarket needs gardening and fishing. These two skills can be done by two different Sims. Or the same Sim for both if you want a real challenge. I did one Sim for gardening and another Sim for fishing.

Each max skill can only be used for one building. So you will need six different Sims to max athletics to build all six venues.
    Can only one sim be maxed out on handiness to build a house?
    @StephSteb
    You only need one total Sim maxed in handiness and then you can build to your heart's content. No further requirement for building.

The Lynn Legacy
    Part 11

Bryan tried to get Shelby to come over so they could get married, but she was at work. So he decided to go there.
    c4e74b_13d9f9b19b204261a6cfd90395b24ab6~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_e768dfc1dc8441e08ad57588831431fc~mv2.jpg

She went to bed, so he slept in one of the other beds. When he woke up, he couldn't interact with her as she was rushing off to go home. He tried to call and invite her over, but it was 4 AM and she didn't appreciate the early call. He can't catch a break. :lol:

He tried out the fire pole.
    c4e74b_bc50936f65fc42f68ee8b3a786c7b819~mv2.jpg

Loni celebrated her birthday and became a young adult.
    c4e74b_b0f5d1ffe59044048011feb429bde6df~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_7f2b03f7aa1044d6ab5d2d815023da6a~mv2.jpg

Bekka also became a young adult.
    c4e74b_2631fcbe4cdb441597cad019fe1e69c9~mv2.jpg

The birthday girls.
    c4e74b_4e267ca848594889ac88ac2cf3b69f38~mv2.jpg

At 6:30 AM Bryan headed over to Shelby's house. As soon as he got there, he chose the Have Private Wedding option, but she was already headed off to her job again. He is determined to marry his fiancee, so he followed her there. As soon as he arrived, she ran off!

Assuming she was going home, he headed there immediately. She went to a neighbor's house instead, so I sent him there. The two ladies were having a chess match, so he couldn't interrupt them. He will stand there until they are done!
    c4e74b_4e8fa69a349f4fdb8d271264787219e1~mv2.jpg

That must have been one hot kiss!
    c4e74b_f307ee2a708a4f279261ccb7ab280107~mv2.jpg

Bryan didn't waste any time. They ignored the owner of the house and got married right in her backyard!
    c4e74b_8da8f41be074461c95b0cff5631646ea~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_8e6b52b99acb43aea04a92aea8b81d5c~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_e667a31a4d6e4b2d9da761238a5656d3~mv2.jpg

I wasn't taking any chances. As soon as I added their wedding rings to their outfits, I saved the game!

So far, my town has a Supermarket, a Firehouse, a Big Park, a Bookstore, a Salon, a Hospital, and the City Hall.
    Ok, good. So, I guess I have enough to build a park? at least and with logic skill maxed out I can buy a computer and more skill stuff now. Demolished the other buildings lol :D Now, I have them scouring the world for collectibles to sell so I can build them a house!
    @Evalen @StephSteb @Quinnikolite and anyone else who may be doing the challenge or is thinking about doing the challenge:

I would highly recommend working on charisma as soon as possible.

Without the town hall, your Sims cannot marry, and they cannot move anyone into the house. This makes things complicated if the future mother is not living in the household because the baby will be born in the mother's household.

I built the town park (gardening and logic) as soon as possible so that I had a place to go to meet people, and sent my charisma Sim there every day to introduce themselves to everyone at the park, including the tourists. Then I would have them do friendly actions with one of the Sims until they were friends. If they had time they would do the same with another Sim at the park. Then my Sim went home and proceeded to call everyone on their friend's list to chat.

It was more difficult for me because I had to wait until the first babies were born to turn Story Progression on and allow tourists. I had turned these off so that the town would be empty until then.

I suppose a park without the chess tables would work as well to attract townies.

IMAGINARY FRIENDS:

I am not finding anything in the rules about whether Imaginary Friends made real count as a member of the family. I suspect it's because it is specific to Generations, and the challenge is set up so anyone can play the challenge, even with the base game.

The rules from the original and updated challenge state that the original founders or their descendants must be the ones to lift the restrictions by mastering skills. Partners would also count as family members once they are married* and living in the main household. Children that are adopted also count as part of the family.
    *If they cannot marry, then they cannot move into the main household, so mastering charisma is a priority.

However, the rules do not specify that it must be a member of the family that masters a skill for building the community lots. So, I guess if you have generations, the IF's skills cannot be used to lift the skill restrictions, but if you want IFs to master skills toward building a community lot, this should be allowed if they have a child with a member of the family (married or not), or the IF masters the skill while living in the main household.

For example:
    Hunter and his IF, Serenity, had a daughter together. Therefore, even though they were not able to be married at that time, Loni's skills could be used for building community lots.

Bryan's IF Brandi moved out of the household once she became a young adult, and she hadn't mastered any skills while living in the household, so her skills would not count.

Bekka, however, is still living in the main household, so as she masters skills while living in the main household, they can be used for building. Bekka is currently at level 6 in gardening, so once she masters it, her gardening skill can be used for building the Bistro, the Science Facility, or the Glenvale County Gazebo (in my game), as they have already built the Supermarket, Big Park, and the Hospital. Bekka is almost level 7 in cooking, so they may use both of these skills to build the Bistro or use the cooking skill for the Diner. I think once she masters both, she will move out on her own so she can marry and have a family.
    @texansky Yes, the charisma skill is killing me! I have my sims talking to each other all day in between skilling other things up and it's like trying to run in quicksand :( I'm working on getting a bookstore but still haven't added any new sims to the town yet!
    I have a mod that stops the imaginary friend from spawning so I think I'm good on that!
    I have been working on getting them more skills and sending them all over the place collecting bugs, wildflowers, rocks and gems, and fishing all of the time!

Blossom aged up to teen

lWAGpSF.jpg

And immediately let Kirby know how she feels about him!

MBl2zPT.jpg

They slipped away to watch the stars

XzwrhNM.jpg

L6jRlcm.jpg

when Kirby thought he saw something deeper into the forest...

TNadmIq.jpg

A garden!

8DbsvAc.jpg

And just beyond that...it looks like an abandoned house!

uPYRnah.jpg

Kirby and Blossom ran to grab the others and tell them the great news!

LCv08xk.jpg

Now, they have a home, even though it's a fixer upper at least it's not a bunker!

That's how far I am now. Just skilling up and still working on the inside of the house. The house I'm using is Loch Mauldy with lots of changes because of budget :D It took forever to build up the money for it but I love how it fits into the landscape and theme of the challenge <3