Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Latest Survey

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2022
    Anyone else never receive a link?

Me but I'm french.

The emails are certainly sent to US players.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    Good they are removing the age thing, doesn't really matter to me but I still think it was never valid. I work with people younger than me that like video games some of my youtubers are under me too but i feel like some companies forget they still need the rest of their audience paying for ourselves and many too young to work. Younger players want more for guys and elders too but women reign with their goodies which gives the feel its more people with money who dress to match the options available, and I am rambling.

So my short point was as people get older that grew up with what is being sold hopefully less will forget we have cash too. We'll see I guess.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    edited June 2022
    But I understand this choice, we didn't grow with Tiktok and Instagram.
    If they want to attract new people, they need to know what the young players like.

By default the most of people don't have the same tastes as their parents and grandparents.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Still, they need to take all simmers into account. We have them from pre-teen to 80, and all are equally valid.
    edited June 2022
    Still, they need to take all simmers into account. We have them from pre-teen to 80, and all are equally valid.

How high are the probability that you convince a 80 years old person to play The Sims ?
    Certainly much lower than a 18 years old person.

My grandmother doesn't even own a computer and doesn't care about video games.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022

How high are the probability that you convince a 80 years old person to play The Sims ?

I just had a scenario gone wrong flash in my head if I dared try to convince my mom or grandmom to play sims 😂😂😂
    There are older players but mainly because they started playing as kids on sims 1. It's much easier to market to young people. But I agree that no one should be left out.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Maybe ageism is the next area of inclusion EA should address.

THIS! A THOUSAND TIMES, THIS!
  • IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    I was one of those simmers who received the link and was thoroughly peeved when I got kicked out at the age question (50 and been playing since Sims 2). Glad to hear it’s been fixed, but sorry I never got the chance to retake it. I’m Australian, so it was definitely sent outside the US.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited July 2022

Well, in terms of ageism, I do wonder what upcoming packs are on the way since the more recent ones definitely seem mainly aimed at teenagers or much younger players. Such as Werewolves and now, High School, lol.
    Post edited by MsKatieRose on
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self

Submit you visit the 'older generations unite' forum. As to your question, to start playing - very remote. But we may be surprised to see how many TS1 veterans, especially those in it from the beginning, are at or approaching that vintage. I am.
    Hi everyone, but especially the older simmers.

Like many others today, I got an email asking me to complete a sims survey. I’m curious if anyone else had the survey concluded after answering the age question? I’m 48 and answered accordingly, but there were no more questions for me. I’ve definitely seen that other simmers got more questions to answer.
    @the sims team - are older simmers’ opinions of no value to you? Excluding 2 kits, I’ve purchased ALL of TS3 & TS4 content so feel my opinion is as valid as anyone else’s. Hoping mine was just a glitch, because ageism is offensive.

That's interesting. Especially, since I never receive survey's by email at all. In fact, I think I may have received one a long time ago and I feel like it may have only asked which age category I was in. But that's it. Maybe, my answer excluded me from receiving more. I don't know, now.

And yes, Ageism is offensive too. Btw, speaking of ageism, I do wonder what upcoming packs are going to come up since the more recent ones definitely seem mainly aimed at teenagers.

If the rumours are true, next pack appears to be about going to high school.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi everyone, but especially the older simmers.

Like many others today, I got an email asking me to complete a sims survey. I’m curious if anyone else had the survey concluded after answering the age question? I’m 48 and answered accordingly, but there were no more questions for me. I’ve definitely seen that other simmers got more questions to answer.
    @the sims team - are older simmers’ opinions of no value to you? Excluding 2 kits, I’ve purchased ALL of TS3 & TS4 content so feel my opinion is as valid as anyone else’s. Hoping mine was just a glitch, because ageism is offensive.

That's interesting. Especially, since I never receive survey's by email at all. In fact, I think I may have received one a long time ago and I feel like it may have only asked which age category I was in. But that's it. Maybe, my answer excluded me from receiving more. I don't know, now.

And yes, Ageism is offensive too. Btw, speaking of ageism, I do wonder what upcoming packs are going to come up since the more recent ones definitely seem mainly aimed at teenagers.

If the rumours are true, next pack appears to be about going to high school.

Yeah, I meant that one too, lol! I edited my last post for clarification.
    Post edited by MsKatieRose on
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2022
    Think their target audience is the one that invests the most time/money in the game.
    If we don't pay (and we complain) why should EA care if we play?
    Ironically, when I started playing 20+ yrs ago, I too was part of the target demo.
    Oh well, guess I'll go farm some parsnips...
    edited July 2022

Submit you visit the 'older generations unite' forum. As to your question, to start playing - very remote. But we may be surprised to see how many TS1 veterans, especially those in it from the beginning, are at or approaching that vintage. I am.

Young players who played to The Sims (2000) become long term fans.
    The 80 years old people in 2000 didn't make this franchise be popular.

Where will the TS1 veterans be in 25 years honestly ?

Young players who play to The Sims 4 in 2022 will become new long term fans.
    Provided there is one worthy of it. That comes with what brought the old guard in to begin with - attention to detail, solid gameplay, commitment to high quality. Pretty visuals and a seemingly endless flow of new trinkets go only so far.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member

Well, in terms of ageism, I do wonder what upcoming packs are on the way since the more recent ones definitely seem mainly aimed at teenagers or much younger players. Such as Werewolves and now, High School, lol.

I'm in my 40s and super excited about Werewolves!
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I get surveys where I say I'm in my 40s. But once they ask if I would share this game with my friends, I'm like umm.. no. I'm pretty much Nancy Landgraab. And I can't imagine throwing Sims into conversations at my book club when the mothers are chatting about which private schools our children should attend.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    If they decline to take your answers when they realise you're in your 40s, it might well mean they already have enough data on 40-somethings (either cos many have already filled in the survey, or from past research).

Chances are, they know people in their 30s and beyond have a fair bit of disposable income, and will buy most big packs sooner or later -- but people in their teens have less cash to throw around, so it's important to work out what packs will woo them. I won't take it as an affront or discrimination. It's just that they specifically need to know about one sector of the market. Business is a dull, practical thing.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member

Just noticed your post. I'll be 80 in September 22 having had computers since the Spectrum being shown at a computer show in London in the early '80s. I could just about afford the £99 the less well powered version cost me. Helped to install the computer in my library later for issuing books and played many computer games in the meantime from DOS ones to Sims 1,2,3 4.

My sister 85 has just bought a new laptop and my older brother is still trying to understand his Samsung tablet but apparently has taken to Alexa to give it commands.

One great advantage many women of our age had was that we had to be accurate typists, being brought up on old typewriters and that came in very useful when learning Wordperfect and Microsoft Word in the jobs market. I'm finding many people of my age on Twitter now.

Maybe it was different in France?

• wrathykinswrathykins Posts: 23 Member
    Surely they would value the opinions of 40+ people, all of who (most likely anyway) have been playing the sims for YEARS and have seen every sims game, expansion pack throughout The Sims, TS2, TS3...Unbelievable, I really hope it was just an error on their part.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I'm very very pleased with the Older Generation Unite. It's way awesome with the generations coming together.
    edited August 2022
    EA Q1 results :
    We continue to see Gen Alpha and Gen Z turning to games as their primary form of entertainment, consuming more content than any generation of the past.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    I presume they mean the electronic kind rather than the sort requiring live interaction with actual humans face to face. Reading is good, too, especially if you are in some sort of group that has discussions.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    I posted on twitter but apparently was told by one simmer that it’s not ageism, I am just not in the demographic.

If the target demographic is based on age, then it definitely IS ageism.

• TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    edited August 2022

Werewolves aren't an age thing. There are plenty of older players that like supernatural characters, and plenty of us grew up watching werewolf movies. One of the first werewolves in my game is a great-great grandson of Lawrence Talbot, and one of my most recent is based on Stirba from the Howling 2. (Older players who bought the werewolf pack right away probably know who they are.)

I'm not as interested in the high school pack, but I can see why some older players would be. It would be like a chance to relive their youth. I can see how this would be appealing to people who enjoyed their high school years, especially if that was the best time of their life.

I didn't care for high school, so I don't have a strong desire to relive it. I found young adulthood more fun. My daughter isn't in high school yet, and she homeschools, so she has no real desire to play "high school" on a computer game. So we're in no real hurry to get this pack. My brother probably won't either, because he didn't like high school and his teenagers don't seem to really care about their high school.