Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying High School Years ?

Are you buying High School Years ? 309 votes

Yes (Includes on sale)
72%
Akl500PcrocobauraBluegayleauroraael14CK213bshag4lvEvvieSimmercatmom1987Dalenina042475LeGardePourpreBreeSashaSara1010PIcewolfMichelleWPinkPaws66IrishSimmer21bandit5alexspoom13alan650111IceyJ 223 votes
No
7%
icmnfrshColorist40imhappySusanaLeoteJokubasCinebarwamayelibluelightingMAXIMUS4GUINNESScyncieNeialunaodditySilentKittyStrawberryYogurtxGallifreyanGirlxDuskregnskelebeeSeashoreLiviaIsharellEvee95 23 votes
Undecided
20%
lori171957SamadamsPlayerCabelle1863overonIllandryaMelisendreelanorbretonBeardedgeekfreindlylolmildredalienAalyahReedpxelskiesBianc51KironideHumility925DragonAge_300905Daravihalloweenchildbixtersviola-illyria 63 votes

Comments

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Definitely gonna per-order it! I’m very glad that they’re doing the pre-order/limited time bonus content again. Even more reason for everyone to buy it ASAP :p
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Will definitely be pre-ordering, I can't help myself this time lol
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes, definitely !! I',ve been waiting for a pack like this for ages!!
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    Undecided
    It sounds fascinating and I think I want it but I need to see more about how it will work.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited June 2022
    Undecided
    Most likely no, unless live stream or early access uncovers something earth shattering for the gameplay. If pillow fighting is real that was good, as well as cheerleaders stuff. Except for that, let’s be honest, sims were just bouncing around, dancing and making weird faces. Hard to say how much gameplay is there.

Also this high school seems to be 100% what I remember from movies about USA. I never went to school in USA and the topic of being cheerleader, football star or dreaming to become the most popular kid is alien to me. If I was 20 years younger, I would probably vibe with it. But I’m happy for people who remember their school that way and want sims to experience this as well.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Undecided
    Have to see how it will work with rotational play first.
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    pre-ordered immediately after the trailer
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    It's something I want for my teens, but will probably wait for a sale. Also same as above, depends how it works for rotational play! Didn't even realize there could be issues.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Waiting for the livestream. Probably as I have bought all expansions, but want to wait a bit before saying for definite.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    No
    I write no, but I bet my kids would want it, so I’ll probably get it on sale.

I think the Ferris wheel and haunted house are rabbit holes.

Personally, I don’t care that much about proms or photo booths that much. But I’m happy for people who want this.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    Undecided
    How can MWS have so many issues with gameplay but this pack will be working properly? I'll need to see the livestream.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Undecided
    Wondering how well (or unwell) will it cross-play with Parenthood and how often you may actually need to take over personally for a teen going to school (because there are other sims in my household that may need to be productive at the same time) among other things.

This isn't a pack topic I'd be too much into but if it plays well, I may consider it on a discount (unlikely to buy at full price).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    Undecided
    After the wedding pack, I'm scared.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    And this time I will not make the mistake to buy the box in a shop (though I want it for my collection). Led to terrible trouble with the pre-order items last time.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited June 2022
    first impression was yes cause of the small interactions
    but then I realized the things I want really should have been base update all along

say all that sitting on ground and beds comfortably doing stuff which btw was half of the trailer
    why would you need to buy pack about high school just for your sims to sit comfortably
    (and i really hope not and its just trailer edit gone wonky and its actually update)

say that slow dance which really should have been base or wedding pack
    so i wouldn't need to buy it freaking twice with little arm adjustments

so now I'm kinda upsetti spaghetti and will need to know more

also all that carnival stuff being rabbit hole does not help at all.
    it just makes me more upsetti spaghetti
    because I just realized they designed basic lawn world over adding gameplay, again.

sure could be that this trailer just didn't show much of the actual gameplay but *sighs*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    It looks to have enough stuff I will want (the world, the CAS/BB, the pier, prom) and what I'm not interested in, I'm only "meh" on (Active school - though that could change with the Live Stream/Early access vids, not enough after school clubs for my tastes) so it's still probably worth getting for me
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I have wanted this expansion for years and its full of request I have put in for years for a high school expansion on this forum so yes I will be getting it. I'm truly amazed they even added in football something for my male Sims finally that and shaving is actually a thing now.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    This probably won't be a pack I'll buy straight away, but I do plan on getting it at some point, on sale or not! 👍
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Eventually on sale! Or part of a bundle.
  • EvvieSimmerEvvieSimmer Posts: 134 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Oh for sure! It's like they took my long list of wants for this pack and delivered on almost all of it!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    As of now, yes I plan to buy it. I'm hoping the new animations are available for children also. Please say they can sit criss cross applesauce and have pillow fights!

I think it looks fun for what it is, but I wish it had more after school activities besides sports and cheerleading. I wasn't into that much other than attending a few games. There should be more for other kinds of teens.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes, I will be absolutely be buying it! The build buy looks amazing, & it looks like there’s actually a lot for our teens to do!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes!! I am up for more content for the non-adult life stages! 🤗👍

Combining this with Werewolves and other occults would make this a sort of Monster High/contemporary fantasy/paranormal school, hehe! 😁
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Undecided
    Holding out to see actual gameplay, CAS items and gender ratio, included B/B catalogue and styles (loving the new computers with multi-monitor setups), and how much of the world is just fluff. Oh, and bugs. And how involved it all is and if it's usable outside of just teen play.

I liked what I saw (basic Vancouver-based CW made-for-tv high school drama), but I need to know if it's worth putting in my game.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    Undecided
    Undecided, but probably not. The high school theme doesn't hold my interest any more than University did (I have yet to send a Sim there, but I appreciate the Servos and the bicycles, among other things). They'd have to add some good B/B objects, new interactions, new animations (and not only recycled ones). More research is needed.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.