The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your current household/family?

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Nitroglycol Congrats on the completed LTWs and degrees :) Congrats also on the marriage and two kids :)
    I don't like to freeze my sims' age and I play on a normal lifespan but, because I mostly base my sims' actions on fulfilling wishes, my sims always die with way more LTH points than I could ever use. The house is a nice size and I like the open dining/living area - did you build it?
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    The house is a nice size and I like the open dining/living area - did you build it?

Thanks. Yeah, I built it, loosely based on the design of large village houses from earlier (pre-Village and Pillage) Minecraft villages.

• GertrudeLawrenceGertrudeLawrence Posts: 3 New Member
    I made a witch (with green skin and witches' hat) called Renee West who is living with a child called Carly Beth Caldwell (reference to Goosebumps).
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    My current sim is a fairy who loves purple and is Lucky, Eco Friendly, Loves the Outdoors, Artistic and a Virtuoso. Her name is Spring Greenwood and she's got her eye on marrying Linda Rogers.
    edited June 2022
    @GertrudeLawrence Looking forward to seeing your sims when you become a member and are able to post pics. In the meantime, I hope you are having fun with your household :)

@viola-illyria Good luck to Spring in her quest to marry Linda :)
    @Mikezumi I'm happy to report that Spring went for a heat of the moment kiss and Linda responded well. She stayed over that night but her attempts to be considrate by making breakfast were met with a telling off from a toddler.

Only in the sims...
    @viola-illyria This an instance where the LTH rewards come in handy. By the time my sims are teens they all have the Inappropriate in a Good Way reward. I hope Spring continues to have luck with Linda :)
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    fuHMidk.jpg

Currently playing Tommie & Elle. Tommie is a 5-star celeb at the top of his singer career, he has a terrible track record of scandals and there was tons of drama in his old household. After he was widowed for the second time, he looked back on his life and decided he wanted to start all over because nothing turned out right. So he up and left his home, left them the big house and all the assets except for a spire of Tiberium and his car.

He moved to Moonlight Falls and adopted a homeless girl named Elle. He's much more mature than he was before (after all he was almost an elder before he took the young again potion), and wants to be a good guardian to her first and foremost. Elle left home to find her mother and father, who disappeared together one day, but eventually lost her way.

The focus is on Tommie getting over his past mistakes/pain to find love again, and Elle making friends in Moonlight Falls who will be helpful to finding her real parents (might throw in some time traveling gimmicks later). Her first friend is a young boy who is both a faerie and witch. He's kind of bonkers but also seems to be a genius in other ways.

P8Y8ZZQ.jpg

Playing this family makes me wish there were more family interactions between adults and children. It is sorely lacking, I remember the sims 2 dancing together and swinging around interactions :'( . There are like no bonding activities for Tommie & Elle.
    kwdT9wX.gif
    @Sunnyyesjams Hopefully Tommie has learned from his past and that raising Elle brings him happiness :)
    Good luck to Elle on finding her parents.
    It's been a long time since I played TS2 but I do remember that there were many more interactions between family members.
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Sunnyyesjams Hopefully Tommie has learned from his past and that raising Elle brings him happiness :)
    Good luck to Elle on finding her parents.
    It's been a long time since I played TS2 but I do remember that there were many more interactions between family members.

It's one of few places where I feel TS3 is lacking. Also the broken hugging animation.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Finally got my pc back, the one I got last Christmas, but have yet to stick with a save in Sims 3. LOL! Hoping to soon.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    @Sunnyyesjams If it weren't for the open worlds and story progression, I would probably have stayed with TS2 much longer. TS2, for me, was probably the most charming of the three iterations I have played. I have no desire to try TS4 so I have no knowledge of its interactions.

@HillyBeth I hope all goes well with your PC :)
  • QuinnikoliteQuinnikolite Posts: 14 New Member
    I am currently playing a Witch (second generation) that grew up in Hogswarts Academy (I created my own "Harry Potter" like lot with wizard professors and adopted orphans they raised as witches). However, she's going to go against her teachings out of her anger towards a man who impregnated her and abandoned her. Since he had the evil trait, she will go onto kill/curse any Sim she interacts with that has the Evil trait, until she is hunted down by the townspeople and burned at the stake.

I think after that her son will run away to a new town and join the circus to start over.
    @Quinnikolite The son will definitely want to leave town if his mother's revenge rampage goes to plan! ;) Good luck with your game :)
  • ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    edited July 2022
    At the moment I am playing with both the Bunch and Goth family. Today, I decided to make a new sim more for science reasons, but I can't think of a name for her. Any ideas on a name? Apologies for the low light quality. I tried editing the photo to make it brighter, but this was as bright as it was going to let me make it. :neutral:
    I will my best to describe her if it helps. She has pretty pale skin, noticeably green eyes, peanut color hair, and she is wearing a white top with moss green shorts and brown boots.
    003B6Zr.png
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
    @ButterWafflesAR I am not good at choosing names off the top of my head. I tend to have naming themes for each of my saves and make lists of male and female names that I keep by my laptop for when new babies are born into my families. She strikes me as an earthy type of girl based on appearance and since I don't know her traits I would probably go for something like Hazel, Meadow, Fawn or Eden.
    Playing with the Goth and Bunch families sounds like a handful! I hope you are having fun :)
    Mine is my legacy family, the Ingenius family. Founder is Clara, an inventor who wants to be the descendent of Da Vinci. She's a Genius, Artistic, Handy, Eccentric, a Savvy Scuptler and, thanks to raising her Rebel influence, Brave. She currently has one daughter, Ada (after Ada Lovelace) and one stepdaughter, Nova (her husband's alien child).
    @Mikezumi Sorry, I didn't think about listing her traits. To be honest, I didn't have entirely all of them picked out. Just that she's a natural good and is brave. The rest I was just pick what felt right to her character. I eventually settled with the name Lindsey, a friend I texted picked it out. I absolutely love the names you picked out, though! If she has girls I am going to name them Meadow and Hazel. Do you think Fawn would be suitable for a boy too? I like that name for if she has a boy. Thanks for picking out some names for me, by the way. :)

Playing the Bunch and Goth family can be a handful, but I love a challenge every now and then. Thankfully, though, the Goth parents sent Mortimer to Smuggleworth Prep, and the Bunch parents, I made them send their daughter, Lisa to the military boarding school, because she was causing a lot of a trouble with her siblings and, because the dad wanted to send her there anyway. I also had them send Arlo to the sports boarding school (Can't seem to remember the name for the life of me), but that's more for him being athletic. So it does lighten the load a bit on taking care of sims.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
    @ButterWafflesAR I don't see why Fawn couldn't be used for a male! I am not particularly fussed about names being gender specific. If a name suits a sim, it is all good! :) Although Hazel is an old-fashioned name, I like it so I am glad you like it too.

I have never sent a sim child/teen to boarding school but I imagine it would lighten the load of tending to the needs of multiple sims! I like to keep sims at home so that I can make sure they gain the skills I think they will need for their future lives. I only allow my chosen heir to stay at home to work on the next generation so want spares to be ready to make good lives for themselves when I send them on their way.
    I'm trying to decide if I should- or shouldn't- play as a 'previous' generation of my sims 4 legacy, but in sims 3. Originally I started with two sims: Ryan Cole and Katherine Mooney. I never made parents for them, except once, but in sims 4.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    Thanks @Mikezumi !
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @Mikezumi I agree on the name thing. I just really love the idea of having a little boy name Fawn. If Lindsey has a son, I'm naming him Fawn. It's too beautiful of a name to pass up. <3

That actually makes a lot of sense. There has been a couple instances where I would have a kid, who grew into an adult, move out of the house and I would check on them days later, both real time and in game time, and they would not being too well for themselves. Even cases where them and their spouse would have a baby and the baby wouldn't be in the household anymore like as if it got taken away. :'(
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
    @ButterWafflesAR Do you use mods? Even after many generations of sending spares out to live their lives, I have never seen a child disappear. I know that EA SP kills of children from unplayed households but, using Nraas SP, all descendants are safe from EA SP culling.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top