Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited May 2022
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #161- Blast from the Past
    FORUM ID:jojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID: JojoMOMSTER
    LEVEL: Established
    ROOM: Gilded Family Space
    GALLERY COST: 18027
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:https://imgur.com/a/QFN4JqV
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is the family room. My build has a formal sitting room also. The house is late Edwardian London townhouse and the style is art deco.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:none used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Qc58F2d.png
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
    edited May 2022
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #161 - Blast from the Past
    FORUM ID:JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID:jojoMOMSTER
    HOUSEHOLD: Filbert & Wells BnS161
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW https://imgur.com/a/imWuEb3
    ENTRY DETAILS: My version of Wells and a fictitious girlfriend
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:non used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    OME0Wqo.png
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Was just wondering when we will get the Established results for Home for Winterfest, #156, as it has been 4 months since that one was submitted?

This hasn't been judged yet but we'll post results once it has :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #161 - Blast from the Past
    FORUM ID: JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID: jojoMOMSTER
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Waterside Warble
    NEW LOT LINK: London Towne BnS161
    LOT COST: 9000
    GALLERY COST: 177586
    TOTAL COST: 186586
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the Edwardian Townhouse style because Wells, having grown up poor in Victorian England, might be happy that middle-class families can now have good housing. The Edwardian townhomes are more modest than the homes for the rich in Victorian times but accessible to more families. I chose the art deco style because I think someone who grew up in the Victorian aesthetic would consider art deco to be a logical progression of the popular aesthetic. It's simpler than the Victorian but still a little bit showy. My initial build was half a duplex. It had a basement. There was a kitchen, dining, front room, hall, and half bath on the main floor. Upstairs there were four bedrooms, two toilets, two baths and sinks in each room. I had safely saved my entry to my gallery. Thespina got an offer to marry for money, so they did. I used those funds to expand the home to include the rest of the lot. I then selected 'overwrite' instead of 'save new' thus cannibalizing my entry. I decided to still submit the expanded home within the budget but not all the rooms are furnished. The home now has a library and family room added to the main floor and three more bedrooms and a full bath upstairs. I included several high-tech objects to delight Wells. He was a scientist with a Victorian imagination about progress and technology so I think he would be intrigued by a robot vacuum, clothes dryer, talking toilet and a whole basement full of sciency things. The landscaping is an English rose garden with a garden path leading to a gazebo and a bird bath outside the dining room window. There is also a garden of harvestables because the bills are about $6750 which they can afford with two incomes and the proceeds from the garden.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    qzyTKbh.png
    PlNWqc8.png
    edited August 2022
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #160 - Spring Designer Showdown

Your results are now available here
    3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited September 2022
    Build n Share CHALLENGE #161 -Blast from the Past
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: H.G.Wells Engagement
    LINK TO ENTRY Album Photos
    ENTRY DETAILS: I did a lot of research on H.G.Wells.
    I have learned so much about one of my Favorite Authors. Back in Victorian times his ideas on Womens Lib & romance were way before their time. He was also quite the ladies man. He broke many of the moral code back then.. ( Some things I did not need to know) H.G. Wells was more then an author. he was also a teacher, historian, & a journalist. A futurist, he wrote a number of utopian works and foresaw the advent of aircraft, tanks, space travel, nuclear weapons, satellite television and something resembling the World Wide Web. His science fiction imagined time travel, alien invasion, invisibility, and biological engineering. He was dubbed the "Shakespeare of science fiction".
    I was not going to submit an entry here. I had started out with a Sim that mostly resembled Sim Guru Ninja.. LOL
    I think I did a pretty good job from pictures of a Young H.G.Wells and Jane his 2nd wife..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

284061943_3288380741381994_4453582364198183694_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=ISw4J1ImnEEAX9ejJMK&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=00_AT-LgArXYh-hu-vfd5r_joDU5osqxKAuWdLl8IWSYuToiA&oe=632E9162

284543930_3289178604635541_6157509724820524107_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=QKxNtlTeBO4AX-MHWRt&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=00_AT_Ro0ysFXaidhHyZ0Y3Ph6Kj1SbsLdMiJKZvMP29SLBNA&oe=632E510F

Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • xXQueenBeeXxxXQueenBeeXx Posts: 32 Member
    CHALLENGE #161 - A Blast From The Past

Forum ID: xXQueenBeeXx
    EA ID: XxXQueenBeeXx
    Level: Starting Out
    Sims 4 Lot Name: The Summer Home
    New Lot Link: Romance in Chemicals
    Lot Cost: 3,000
    Gallery Cost: 172,385
    Total Cost: 175,385
    Link to Slideshow: https://imgur.com/gallery/twVVqFa
    Entry Details: It's a Queen Anne style home with three stories, a gazebo, and a well manicured garden. I decided that there would be a conservatory as in my head cannon the friend he met the present introduced him to botany. The third floor hallway is dedicated to his writing, reading, and time machine repairs. There are 3 Bedrooms and 3 Bathrooms, one of which has a fireplace. I tried keeping the color pallet consistent throughout as I found it overall a very fun one to use in this.
    Constructive Criticism: Yes, please!
    Room for Pictures:

Xo1Dhj6
    5nd1sli.png
    3gHHX7s.png

BNS #161Blast from the Past is now closed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2022
    vUdRPm2.png
    You welcome your newest clients into your office with a smile. “I understand you want something other than a traditional home?”
    Riley Rees and Nicola O’Brien nod at you. Riley defers to their older colleague.
    “We want to create a safe place for LGBTQ youth to hang out and meet others like them,” Nicola explains.
    You lean forward, intrigued. “This sounds interesting, tell me more.”
    “It should look more like a home than your average youth center, with a big family room for watching T.V. or just hanging out having fun, an eat-in kitchen, and at least two full bathrooms,” Nicola continues.
    “We had in mind a computer lab and study space in addition to a small library and somewhere for sims to work on skills such as music and painting.”
    “It all sounds amazing and fun,” you say, wanting to help them bring this dream to life.
    “One more thing - the center should have a quiet spot somewhere, either inside or in the garden, where teens can go to be alone and just think or write,” Riley adds.
    You nod, realizing they’ve thought of everything. “What’s your budget?”
    Nicola takes over again. “We were given the land through a grant. Our group has raised $200,000 for this project.”
    “Wonderful. We can have it ready in one month,” you promise.

The Brief:
    Budget: $200,000 (Gallery cost only, Riley and Nicola own the lot.)
    Lot: Any size in any world.
    Requirements:
    Must look like a home.
    Needs an eat-in kitchen
    A large family room with plenty of seating and activities
    At least two bathrooms
    A library
    A computer lab
    A study space
    A skills room - music, painting, fitness, etc.
    Add any additional spaces you think the youth center should have as long as they fit your budget.
    Remember to landscape

The Sim Challenge: Create Nicola O’Brien and Riley Rees along with at least 4 teens and/or children to enjoy the youth center. Note: while Riley is a gender neutral name, Nicola can be either an Italian masculine name or a German and English feminine name, so the choice of genders and pronouns for both adults is up to you.

Room Challenge: Create the family room - should have a T.V., seating and at least one other activity. Budget: $20,000

Remember to include the entirely of the hashtag #bns162 or your entries will not be judged! The deadline for this challenge is Thursday, June 30th, no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York time.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    When you say it must look like a home, does that mean like a typical detached home (traditional) or can we make it look like an apartment building?
    When you say it must look like a home, does that mean like a typical detached home (traditional) or can we make it look like an apartment building?

Well an apartment building is a home, so I'm going to say it's allowed. It just can't look commercial.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    edited June 2022
    I am submitting my build now, just incase they way a designed it is not allowed @BuildnShare

BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #162
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM - Safehouse
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Proprieters Square
    NEW LOT LINK:

GALLERY COST: $ 198584
    TOTAL COST: $ 198584
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/XFfMIP8
    ENTRY DETAILS: #Kiteldesigns #BNS162 In Windenberg, there is a group of people that need protecting from the traditional culture of the town. These people are the lbgtq community. In this seemingly innocuous Commerical/residential combo, is a secret safehouse for those who need temporary or more permanent help. on the bottom floor, is a tutoring center, and café, both have ways for LBTQ to sneak into the safehouse, on the right side of the building which holds a cafeteria, hang out space, educational room, group therapy room, private therapy rooms, and extra secure safe house dorm rooms. the dorms are for those who ran away from an abusive situation. The right side of the building (accessible from the apartment entry door in the center of the first floor) has two apartments (one partially furnished with debug items, one not furnished due to costs) Inspiration from this build came from the Partihaus home nearby, and british terrace/london apartments where they are often above commercial lots..

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    NK1Txd0.png
    qn0VPKr.png
    Post edited by KitelDesigns on
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #160 - Spring Designer Showdown

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    I am submitting my build now, just incase they way a designed it is not allowed @BuildnShare

BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #162
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM - Safehouse
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Proprieters Square
    NEW LOT LINK:

GALLERY COST: $ 198584
    TOTAL COST: $ 198584
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/XFfMIP8
    ENTRY DETAILS: #Kiteldesigns #BNS162 In Windenberg, there is a group of people that need protecting from the traditional culture of the town. These people are the lbgtq community. In this seemingly innocuous Commerical/residential combo, is a secret safehouse for those who need temporary or more permanent help. on the bottom floor, is a tutoring center, and café, both have ways for LBTQ to sneak into the safehouse, on the right side of the building which holds a cafeteria, hang out space, educational room, group therapy room, private therapy rooms, and extra secure safe house dorm rooms. the dorms are for those who ran away from an abusive situation. The right side of the building (accessible from the apartment entry door in the center of the first floor) has two apartments (one partially furnished with debug items, one not furnished due to costs) Inspiration from this build came from the Partihaus home nearby, and british terrace/london apartments where they are often above commercial lots..

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    NK1Txd0.png
    qn0VPKr.png

This is excellent just as it is! I like the idea of therapists and having apartments was a nice touch. Just make sure to add descriptions to your screenshots. Unless I missed it, you didn't include a layout view either - that will help the judges visualize where everything is.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    CHALLENGE #162 - Safe Haven
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: It's A Good House in Brindleton Bay
    NEW LOT LINK: Harmony House
    LOT COST: N/A
    GALLERY COST: $190,309.00
    TOTAL COST: $190,309.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #162 - Safe Haven

Imagine all the people,
    Living life in peace.
    You may say I'm a dreamer,
    But I'm not the only one.
    I hope someday you'll join us,
    And the world will be as one
    - John Lennon

My story...
    After meeting with Riley and Nicola in my office I had some concerns about the project that they were asking me to do. I requested to meet with them again at the local Burger King so I could explain my dilemma.
    I shared with them how I was not comfortable building a "club" designed specifically for a particular race, culture, class, religion, sexual orientation, or any other thing that causes division among us. We are all made unique and because of that we will have differences. We need to learn to love each other despite our differences. Our uniqueness makes us special, and our differences compliment each other. I would love to see the world of Brindleton Bay come together, diverse but united, in love for each other. Embracing the fact that we are ALL unique and we are ALL loved. I suggested that this safe haven be for anyone. We will absolutely gear the home towards teenagers, but everyone in need of a safe space will be welcome. The space will be used to show love to those who need it the most. Kindness and encouragement will be shown and any negative or hateful speech or actions will not be tolerated.
    Riley and Nicola totally understood my concerns and absolutely loved the idea I proposed!
    Riley suggested that we bring this proposal to the community to get their feedback. The results we astounding! Brindleton Bay rallied together in support of the project, donating many items for the home. Some crafted and knitted items, others gave money. One family even donated their old yellow couch. But all agreed that this will be a wonderful addition to their world.

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Riley & Nicola's new home and Brindleton Bay's newest Community Center does not have a particular style, but I would describe it as "homey". I wanted anyone who enters to instantly feel comfortable and safe. The artwork throughout the home is motivational and encouraging. I used quotes from movies, books, and different authors to inspire others. There are many different rooms and spaces where sims can have a quiet space to themselves, and plenty of opportunities for skill building as well. There is a large common area with an open concept living space including the eat in kitchen. A large media room with plenty of seating, five bathrooms, a library, computer lab, study hall, sunroom, greenhouse, woodworking shop, yoga studio, a garage that has been converted into a gym/game room as well as an office where sims can meet with Riley or Nicola for counseling and advice.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork was made created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    AdPnT05.png
    OQ31rJu.png
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    I realize the deadline is nearly here, but would a village of little houses still be okay for this challenge instead of one big house?
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited September 2022
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE
    #162 **SAFE HAVEN**
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Oakenstead Community Center
    NEW LOT LINK: Oakenstead Community Cent
    LOT COST: N/A
    GALLERY COST: $ 194,576
    TOTAL COST: $ 194,576
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #162
    ENTRY DETAILS: The land that was granted to Riley Rees and Nicola O’Brien, was the Oakenstead lot in Willow Creek. To our surprise There happened to be an old, abandoned Estate house in that plot of land. We were able to keep under the budget by restoring the Grand brick mansion . With a little elbow grease and some hard work it became the Oakenstead Community Center .
    Made to look more like a home than your average youth center. Equipped with a Family style eat-in Country kitchen. The big family room is the hub of the center. With its big TV and gaming tables, one can watch TV or just hang out. The library off the Kitchen has an immense collection of books for all types of studies. In the garage is a Simple workout & game area . For the serious athletic or to just blow off steam.
    Upstairs one will find themselves immersed, in the art corner at the top of the stairs. There are many quiet spaces where one can read and quietly study throughout the center & grounds. There is a Computer lab & Music room too. 2 guest bedrooms are also upstairs. For those in need of accommodations overnight. Yoga classes are also offered. As an alternate to normal fitness routines. Focusing on the mind/body connection.
    The Center also hosts a Community Garden . There are Chickens to tend to , too. There is plenty to do , here at this Safe Haven. Take a dip in the pool, have a Picknick , a barn fire or watch a Movie outside on the big screen. There is a play ground for the kids and many other fun things to do.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art by #SimSationalToo #Fruitloops40 & #ThePlumBobSims in the gallery
    PICTURES:

290904646_3314056012147800_4563850151417225725_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=1aQhdRY2XJAAX8sV_LN&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.fna&oh=00_AT8um7sVhWJmoPM18zMtJ6_B1Z79L7aPRBkwH9jDFvdi6A&oe=632E435A

290887588_3314057268814341_9115840391407848249_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=N7RH7k_dtHMAX9O9khp&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.fna&oh=00_AT-YhQ_yCnQhb90NfB--Yh8W-lhb3dOH1dmwNvlbUCxdpA&oe=632E46B7

Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
    edited June 2022
    iampes23 wrote: »
    I realize the deadline is nearly here, but would a village of little houses still be okay for this challenge instead of one big house?

Yes, as long as they're connected in some way- shared walls, a brreezeway, common courtyard, etc.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited July 2022
    5nd1sli.png
    3gHHX7s.png

BNS #162 Safe Haven is now closed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited July 2022
    GkXXbeG.jpg

Time for another summer designer showdown, so put on your creativity hats!
    It looks like the back end of this build got blown away in some sort of disaster. To make matters worse, the architect has disappeared along with the plans. Your task: Try to figure out what the architect’s intentions were and complete the build.
    You may not move any of the existing walls, but you can extend the sides or simply add a rear wall. You may not raise or lower the foundation. All color swatches, pillars, stairs, fences, windows, wall trim and doors may be changed or moved.
    Download here: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D2373BECF96811EC81B8DCB82ACC7C81

The brief:
    Budget: 177600
    Lot size: 30x20 or larger in Willow Creek.
    Add the usual interior spaces - bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen,dining, living, etc.
    Basements are permitted.
    Landscape, as always.
    For an additional (optional) challenge, see how much you can do basegame only.

No Room Challenge
    No Sim Challenge

Remember to include the entirely of the hashtag #bns163 or your entries will not be judged! The deadline for this challenge is Sunday July 31st, no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York time.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Are we allowed to add a third level, an attic level that sims can use, or just a decorative attic space?
    iampes23 wrote: »
    Are we allowed to add a third level, an attic level that sims can use, or just a decorative attic space?

Yes you definitely are. Either a full third floor or an attic.Up to you if it's usable or not
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    I'll try to do an entry this month. My big course and 2 little course are done, but I still have the final small course to do. I should have some Sims time! This month's challenge looks especially interesting! B)<3
    4kkjdXo.png

• Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    I think I can work up an entry this month. I've been kind of bored with Sims lately and then went through a spell of poor health. Sometimes you just have to push past being bored or uninspired and create something anyway just to feel a bit of accomplishment. For me, challenges are always a good way to make it spark again and keep my interest. Can't wait to see everyone else's interpretation of this home. Best of luck to all!
  • chrischris8894chrischris8894 Posts: 371 Member
    Are we allowed to use platforms in the home?
    21a63a76613ef59a6ab875e93d138b7c.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top