Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't become a chef after maxing out mixologist career

Has anyone found a workaround to this like with MC command? For example, you get a sim maxed out in the mixologist career, but then you want them to be in the chef branch. When you quit and try and re join the branch you want the game still won't let you join the other branch! It will let you re join the branch you just left but you can't start over the entire career or join the other branch! Hope this isn't too confusing!

Comments

• Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    There are currently two options: move to a new save or (if you have Discover University) obtain a degree in Culinary Arts
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    kusurusu wrote: »
    There are currently two options: move to a new save or (if you have Discover University) obtain a degree in Culinary Arts

That's what I'm currently trying with the Business career. My sim completed the Investment branch and I wanted him to also complete the Management branch. I had him quit and enroll in Uni for a distinguished degree in Communications.
  • Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    For sims 4 aspirations get most of it, it's better go path mixologist Career rather than Chef, I recall, but save your sim then load your sim, not had to new save game, I think, but I didn't know university obtain a degree will do that too.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    For next time, I think you can do it if you choose chef first and then do mixology.

@kusurusu Thanks for that info about going to uni.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited June 2022
    Just want to add in case you want to switch branches for the aspirations : it is possible to complete both aspirations in the culinary section by doing the mixology career. Only the mixology aspiration requires you to choose a specific branch. The cooking aspiration just needs you to level up in the culinary career, no matter which branch you choose. I managed to complete both aspirations like that with my supersim last year.

I would be nice if the game would let us reset the career branch like we can with mccc. The only workaround I know is the university degree.
  • Options
    CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    kusurusu wrote: »

That's what I'm currently trying with the Business career. My sim completed the Investment branch and I wanted him to also complete the Management branch. I had him quit and enroll in Uni for a distinguished degree in Communications.

So I decided to try the University thing. I enrolled my sim into Britechester since they have a distinguished degree for Culinary Arts, also got my sim a food and drink scholarship. She got the scholarship and got accepted into the University. Now what?
  • Options
    Ok so I figured out how to get enrolled with your sim. You have to enter testingcheats on, then shift click on your sim and click on "University debug menu" then the menu to select the university will pop up. If you got a scholarship that will also show up on the list!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    You don't need testingcheats, you can just use the mailbox or computer to enroll in a university :)
    have fun!
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    If you don't want to go the long way of obtaining a degree (though that could of course bring with it its own storyline), you can, if you have the UI cheats extension mod, demote your sim to the level before the career branches and then pick the other career.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    You don't need testingcheats, you can just use the mailbox or computer to enroll in a university :)
    have fun!

I've tried that but the prompt menu for the University selection doesn't come up after? Like when you have to actually select your university, degree and classes! I have to left click on the sim that I want to attend then click on university debug menu!
  • Options
    SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    Mccc will let you reset their career. I accidentally did the culinary one first. I just went to Mccc and selected MC cheats then career cheats and it has the option to reset their career. It took him back to level 4 of the culinary. When he went to work the day, he got promoted and I chose mixology. So he was able to accomplish both. With cheats of course.