Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Island Adventure Pack (Sulani)

morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
edited June 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hey guys, while I was at work, I was thinking about Sulani and how werewolves have scars and stuff, but I was wondering if sims could have shark attacks or be bitten by sharks or death by shark attacks.

I wish I could do a stranded island thing. I know it's a long shot where we're not gonna get whatever we wish we could get, but there could be SO MUCH MORE to this pack.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Yes sharks can kill sims in Sulani and also in one of the lakes in Britechester.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes, but it will be counted as death by drowning, In Sulani, it only happens in Mua Pel'am (and also in Foxbury Institute in Britechester).

Your sim has to first encounter a shark or be cursed by an island spirit for banishing them. After that there is a small chance that your sim might get pulled underwater by a black mass. This could result in two moodlets:
    • Deep Sea Entity scared moodlet - Your sim has survived, but they now have a larger chance of getting pulled underwater again.
    • Deep Sea Horrors uncomfortable moodlet - This moodlet causes your sim to drown. It disappears when death is caused, so quick pausing will help you see it.

Mermaids can also summon ocean threats to pull sims underwater (even in safe oceans/lakes and pools), but these will always give a scared moodlet and will never kill sims.
  • morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    @EgonVM @catloverplayer what about being stranded on an island?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes sharks can kill sims in Sulani and also in one of the lakes in Britechester.

Wow, I didn’t know there were sharks in Britechester’s !akes,

Also, I know there is that koi/shark pond in Get famous that you can slip into. Stories for scars could be made around that. Just don’t fall in twice.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member

Unfortunately, that isn't possible. Every neighborhood you go to has sims, even in Mua Pel'Am, which is supposed to be mostly untouched by civilization (though most of the sims there are conservationists). You could take that little private island in Mua Pel'Am and try to ignore those sims, but all the things are available.

I guess we have to wait for The Sims 4 Castaway (if it ever comes)...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Unfortunately, that isn't possible. Every neighborhood you go to has sims, even in Mua Pel'Am, which is supposed to be mostly untouched by civilization (though most of the sims there are conservationists). You could take that little private island in Mua Pel'Am and try to ignore those sims, but all the things are available.

I guess we have to wait for The Sims 4 Castaway (if it ever comes)...

There's mail delivery on that untouched island and random sims fish there and you can see jetskis go by. But even if you play off the grid on the island, you still don't get the feel of being stranded because there are no gameplay options for that and it would get repetitive pretty soon.
  • morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    @crocobaura I really want a free sim area where no mail comes, you live off the land, you try to figure out a way of life. Learn how to fill your needs, why can't just bring these things to me? WHY! I would love a cast away island place thingy! NO BARS, RESTAURANTS, DANGER, AND ISLANDS of no houses.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,000 Member
    You can't do exactly what you're asking, but there are ways to go fairly far. If you choose the lot trait "private dwelling" that would get rid of the most annoying visitors. You can also remove all houses from the island and turn the lots into natural parks, remove all sims from unplayed households and turn neighborhood stories off. Add an "off the grid" lot challenge to your lot and pitch a tent as your main dwelling and you're fairly close to what you're looking for. The game will still generate sims for walkbys though, there is no way to stop that.

However, if you have MCCC you can make sure random sims are always drawn from your library, so try to keep that library empty and see if that stops sims from generating. I'm not sure how the game would handle that, but it's worth a try. By clicking the mailbox with MCCC there are also a lot of deletion tools, you can delete all homeless sims for instance. There are several mods that also allow you to turn notifications for festivals in other world off. I'm sure there are more mods to create what you're looking for.

Good luck with creating your cast away situation.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I would like a survival mode as well. I wonder if they could make it as a vacation island? You don't exactly need a tent, tho. You could make a tiny island hut, provided you chop enough wood.

Hint, hint.