Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wyrd Girls - Unexpected turn. Now what? - Resolved

luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,632 Member
The game has thrown me an unexpected turn which impacts my ongoing story and I'm not sure which way to go from here. I've seen some polls like this already so, I thought it would interesting to see what other people thought.

Anyone who has been good to enough to read my Wyrd Girls posts in the WHIYGT thread may know the story already, but in brief - young witch Miranda Goth (the daughter Cassandra Goth was pregnant with when Don Lothario left her at the altar in my story) has been in hiding in Moonwood Mill after Cassandra and Gwen (Cassie's wife) were attacked and presumed killed by Vladislaus Straud.

In an unexpected turn, Cassandra just showed up in Moonwood Mill (despite me running mods that ought to prevent this sort of thing). I could have ignored it but it feels too perfect. I'm running with it. The trouble is, now that Miranda is reunited with her mother, I'm not sure where to take the story. I know that I don't want Miranda to rejoin Cassie and Gwen yet... that would provoke a showdown with Vlad and it's too soon for that. So... options.
Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
Post edited by luciusstorm on

Wyrd Girls - Unexpected turn. Now what? - Resolved 17 votes

Miranda stays in Moonwood Mill
41%
SikoahGraceblueyblueskySimsLovinLycanRedShoe7SERVERFRAAmapola76Daephene 7 votes
Miranda moves in with (adult) uncle Alexander Goth
11%
simgirl1010Breazona 2 votes
Miranda moves in with with aging grandparents Mortimer and Bella Goth
5%
GalacticGal 1 vote
Miranda moves in with Gwen's adopted parents
5%
Oolonglong 1 vote
Miranda moves in with Don (no one would expect it, least of all Don)
29%
Colorist40WaytoomanyUIDsAliakaraEnkiSchmidtEA_Mari 5 votes
Other, please explain
5%
SweetieWright_84 1 vote

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Miranda moves in with Don (no one would expect it, least of all Don)
    Don ran from marriage and from caring for a small child, but he might be okay with providing board and a room for his now independent young adult daughter. How much he knows about the attack and would he feel at risk of an attack by Vlad himself if he sheltered Miranda?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    She might be save due to the Werewolves hates Vlad & will attack him if he even dares come back.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    I don't know about the moving, but if I'd sent my daughter somewhere randomly to hide from evil beings, I'd certainly try to visit in secret to talk things over from time to time.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Other, please explain
    I was going to say they join forces and take down Vlad, but then I re-read the part about it being too soon, so nevermind.

I would just have her stay in Moonwood Mill. Maybe make a few werewolf friends for the inevitable showdown. Or is that too much like Twilight?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,632 Member
    Wow, I want to thank everyone... this is great. I'm going to check back on this in the morning, to see if there are any other insights, but I think I am now leaning toward having Miranda stay in Moonwood Mill among the werewolves.

@EnkiSchmidt, you've got me thinking Don may not be the best dad, but maybe he should take some interest in the fact that his teenager daughter is missing.

@SERVERFRA, you are right, she is certainly safer among the werewolves and @mightysprite, you raise a very good point about Cassie checking in on her.

@SweetieWright_84, I think the "too much like Twilight" ship has probably already sailed, so I'm good with it (though I'm hoping to land at "a better love story than Twilight"). :)
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Other, please explain
    I think the "too much like Twilight" ship has probably already sailed, so I'm good with it (though I'm hoping to land at "a better love story than Twilight"). :)

As long as you stay away from the controlling boyfriend trope, you're fine, lol.

Jokes aside, from what I've read here, you already outdid Twilight. The epic battle never happened in the end with Twilight. Ten years later and I'm still salty about that one. It ruined the entire series, especially "Breaking Dawn."
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,555 Member
    Miranda moves in with with aging grandparents Mortimer and Bella Goth
    I think she would be safest with her aging grandparents. She could hang out with them, perhaps learn more about her mother. There are possibilities in this route.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,632 Member
    Again, thanks everyone for their input.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    I think she should stay in Moonwood Mill, after all there is a reason she found her way there. With the connections that her grandfather and uncle have to the vampires, can she really trust them.