Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does sims 3 tell me I need to buy all the worlds previous purhcased to own them?

I had ALL the worlds, but now it's telling me I need to purchase them again. Is there a workaround to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    I ran into that with Dragon Valley. I had purchased it online (I think from Amazon). I had it registered, but when I brought it up, it said I needed to buy it. It turns out that I HAVE TO go to the Sims 3 store - hover over the Store tab, then My Sims account, and then click Purchase History. I have to use the actual download button there to download and install it. It's frustrating to have to do this, but it's the only way I have access to download it. Hopefully, that is the reason you can't download them from their store pages. I recommend storing the Sims3 files on a thumb drive or somewhere safe for those items. Copy the files from the Downloads folder once they are downloaded and installed.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    @kiwi84 - Here is an alternative to going through Purchase History. Valgon57's thread Store Mega List for Extra Quick Redownloading gives instructions which allows you to download and install without going into Purchase History.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Thank you so much @texansky and @Me1620 I will try that :)