Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Content Not Installed"?

I am playing The Sims 4 on PS4 and I have all of my EPs installed but when I try to load my Sims in my gallery and library, i get a "Content Not Installed" notification. Help, please?

Comments

• animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    I get that too. Pretty sure it's just a bug. At the very least it's just annoying popup and doesn't actually effect what you're downloading.
  • GoHeat1988GoHeat1988 Posts: 15 New Member
    This same thing is happening to me on the XBox version. I hadn't played in a month or so; now when I sign in and load a saved game, it is telling me that content is not installed. I have the Cats and Dogs pack clearly installed, but the household now doesn't even show it available. I even uninstalled and reinstalled that pack from the disc, and still nothing. I think a recent update broke something.
  • AnisimAnisim Posts: 181 Member
    I hope It's just a bug. I had no issues when I had the base game before I lost it in a move. My friend gave me the Cats & Dogs Bundle as a gift for my birthday and now I keep getting the notification for all of my saved households.
  • GoHeat1988GoHeat1988 Posts: 15 New Member
    FYI, over the weekend I completely uninstalled the Sims 4 and all add-ons from my Series X, then reinstalled all (using the Sims 4/Cats & Dogs Bundle disc) to start the reinstall. Then I re-downloaded all the additional packs I owned. Now all is working normally. Not sure how the update broke the original install, but at least now my saves have all the stuff back.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I play on a PC, but I recently bought the new kit. Origin wouldn't install it. I finally scrolled down the page and found where you can look at all the packs available. From there I was able to install it. Phew. Today, I did a game repair. I was very happy to see it was, indeed, installed. I don't know if any of these avenues are open to those on a console, or not, but you might check it out. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I used to play on PC as well but I no longer have one :'( I do not see the option on the console version. I am not sure if I'm just not looking in the right places or if it's just different altogether. Thank you, though. :)
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I have downloaded Sims or houses that have all the packs I actually own.
    There have been times with "Content not Installed," too.
    It gets annoying, because I know I have the pack, because I chose the version that has all of my packs on own on it, and only them. I also don't know what is missing to reinstall it either, because I just get that message.
    Overall, the whole thing is annoying.
  • DramaticJedi5DramaticJedi5 Posts: 60 Member
    I’ve had it a few times when I’m loading rooms from my own gallery. I also play on Console. I ignore the message and the rooms download normally.
  • enskijenskij Posts: 31 Member
    This has happened to me a few times (I play on Xbox) and I still can't understand why... It happened again just yesterday, it seemed like I had no packs anymore but they came back when I reloaded the game. So it's not the end of the world but it IS annoying.
    Just your average Finnish simmer
    ☆ she/her ☆
    I just do not know if my Sims are missing items and whatnot. I feel like they are when I load them up :(
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    I just installed TS4 onto the PS5 and now my cats and dogs pack isn't installed even though the rest of them are. I was looking at the store to try and find it but all that was there is a bundle one.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    On Xbox we have Xbox support we can call, email or chat with (I think). I'm sure PlayStation has something similar I would definitely look into that. I just contacted Xbox support today about making my games (sims 4 in particular run better) they were very helpful and patient, they gave me like 5 different things to do to speed up and improve the performance of my console. Which by the way after all we did, there was very little improvement, I haven't tested many different games yet though, simulation lag lessened. So, look into support from an official source, like EA, the developers of the sims, or PlayStation, or something like that. Websites or phone numbers and bring your concern to them they have resources that we may not have.